• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of X, didn't one of the guys during the demo stream say something about an Easter egg? Like, that E3 would take place in Neo Los Angeles or something?
By next E3, X will be out, NLA will have a convention center for potential updates or DLC for the game. If you go to the convention center during E3 week, you'll get a trailer for Xenoblade 3 only viewable through X.
...I'm lying. But that'd be cool.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Wait, won't British voices still technically work even though they're American? I mean, the characters themselves don't look like your average American—and I'm aware any ethnicity can be American—but it can still work. :p

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Wait, won't British voices still technically work even though they're American? I mean, the characters themselves don't look like your average American—and I'm aware any ethnicity can be American—but it can still work. :p
Well, yeah. But by that logic they could have any accent from any ethnicity :laugh:
Which I'd be ok with.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
This may sound weird but the other night I had a dream that the Xenoblade stage we got was similar to the Ice Climber stage in Melee and the DK stage in Brawl where you scroll upwards, basically climbing the Bionis. While that may sound cool on paper (though I'd have no idea how that would work) I hate those stages with a passion and really hope Xenoblade doesn't get that treatment. In fact no franchise deserves that, not even Golden Sun :troll:
NOOOOOOO!!! I hate those stages they suck so bad it so hard to fight on those stages.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Well, yeah. But by that logic they could have any accent from any ethnicity :laugh:
Which I'd be ok with.
I personally really hope they get stupidly caught up with current predictions about what the human race will be like in (I think it was about 100 years in the future, or wait, was it an alternate future?). The leading theories say we'll get bigger eye's, and get taller due to how humans find those features attractive. Along with a set of skin tones and accents that are a lot less varied due to more active breeding through multiple ethnicities.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I personally really hope they get stupidly caught up with current predictions about what the human race will be like in (I think it was about 100 years in the future, or wait, was it an alternate future?). The leading theories say we'll get bigger eye's, and get taller due to how humans find those features attractive. Along with a set of skin tones and accents that are a lot less varied due to more active breeding through multiple ethnicities.
It's about 50 years in the future, so don't expect any major changes to humanity. Stuff like that takes time. They'd probably look exactly the same as humans today.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
It's about 50 years in the future, so don't expect any major changes to humanity. Stuff like that takes time. They'd probably look exactly the same as humans today.
Wow our technology progresses fast. But then again with armies above us that crash down into earth, that therefore allow us to test their likely more advanced technology, I can see why.

I'm also going to use the 'its in the future' as an excuse for the anime eye's on some of them.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I hope we get riki as a assist
I've always laughed at the thought of Riki being an item like Mr. Saturn that just gets tosses around :laugh:

I swear we have said this about 5 time now.
But I personally hope for Sharla aswell, since healing assists are a thing now, and the more of them there are, the more like a part of assists they feel.
Yeah..AT discussion is a subject we probably don't need to worry about touching again unless people have ideas for what exactly they'll do. I like thinking of items as well.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I've always laughed at the thought of Riki being an item like Mr. Saturn that just gets tosses around :laugh:
Maybe it should be Sulk's forward B, a la King Dedede.

It would be amusing to watch Xenoblade's 2nd most obnoxious character throwing the 1st. :D

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I'm personally not sure we'll get any Xenoblade Items... I'm thinking through all the weapons and items, and I just can't think of anything.

The best I can come up with would be using Melia's Staff? summon a thing that powers you up with normal A and smash attack to throw it.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

Yeah..AT discussion is a subject we probably don't need to worry about touching again unless people have ideas for what exactly they'll do. I like thinking of items as well.
Riki becomes a bouncier Mr. Saturn. And now, when it touches you, you're either burned or you freeze. Ain't no one messes with the Heropon.
Ain't no one.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

It would be amusing to watch Xenoblade's 2nd most obnoxious character throwing the 1st. :D
I couldn't use that move without laughing.

I'm personally not sure we'll get any Xenoblade Items... I'm thinking through all the weapons and items, and I just can't think of anything.

The best I can come up with would be using Melia's Staff? summon a thing that powers you up with normal A and smash attack to throw it.
Yeah, more than likely not. Which is pretty much why item discussion is dead around these parts. Fire Emblem doesn't get any love for items either.

Riki becomes a bouncier Mr. Saturn. And now, when it touches you, you're either burned or you freeze. Ain't no one messes with the Heropon.
Ain't no one.
For some reason, I just combined your idea with @ Vann Accessible Vann Accessible 's idea and laughed at it. Shulk throwing Riki around causing opponents to freeze/burn is hilarious. Customization? :troll:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Hey I like Shulk. :(

But in all seriousness, I'd like to see Melia as an assist trophy. She could give various buffs to the person who summoned her, like strength and regeneration. She could also kick any enemies that get near here.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

But in all seriousness, I'd like to see Melia as an assist trophy. She could give various buffs to the person who summoned her, like strength and regeneration. She could also kick any enemies that get near here.
I like Shulk too so I wouldn't like to see him be thrown like that but I don't mind Melia or Fiora being thrown.:troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can't think of any items from xenoblade that can be in the game

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Do we know what Items Xenoblade would have? I haven't been able to think of anything.
Nah, not really. Most RPGs items just wouldn't fit the Smash theme. A lot of them would provide stat boosts and things of that nature, or just be general weapons to pick up in Smash. The closet we'll get to that is probably the Super and Poison Mushrooms. Basically in their eyes, I imagine they would feel like anything they could do, there's kinda already something similar in the game already.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello Shulk fans, you guys have all my support. I unfortunately have yet to play Xenoblade, but I would love to buy the game when I get the chance and it already has me intrigued after watching some of Chuggaconroy's let's play episodes of Xenoblade.

I believe Shulk will be in the game, despite what happened to gematsu. He's one of the most requested characters, especially in Japan. The Xenoblade series I believe is a new series on the rise and is starting to become a bigger series on the level of something like Metroid (Not yet, but possible it could get there). The art powers would make for some interesting moves to I feel, and of course, who could forget the amazing soundtrack Xenoblade has or the beautiful environments? Which just ask for inclusion in smash bros. Shulk is another new series rep that would go great with the other new series reps as well.

Monado Monday may have not gone as expected, but the heir to the monado lives on and will happen another day! They will know your names!

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Do we know what Items Xenoblade would have? I haven't been able to think of anything.
Closest we could think of was Riki's Biter I think, which would give off random status aliments. A long time ago, I suggested the gems as a way to give you temporary increases to your stats like attack, or defense. I think that was my first post here actually. But I concluded they'd be too similar to the items in Smash Run.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Hello Shulk fans, you guys have all my support. I unfortunately have yet to play Xenoblade, but I would love to buy the game when I get the chance and it already has me intrigued after watching some of Chuggaconroy's let's play episodes of Xenoblade.

I believe Shulk will be in the game, despite what happened to gematsu. He's one of the most requested characters, especially in Japan. The Xenoblade series I believe is a new series on the rise and is starting to become a bigger series on the level of something like Metroid (Not yet, but possible it could get there). The art powers would make for some interesting moves to I feel, and of course, who could forget the amazing soundtrack Xenoblade has or the beautiful environments? Which just ask for inclusion in smash bros. Shulk is another new series rep that would go great with the other new series reps as well.

Monado Monday may have not gone as expected, but the heir to the monado lives on and will happen another day! They will know your names!
@BluePikmin11 we got another one.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Don't quote me on this, but I haven't seen the Super Scope return yet. Maybe there could be a new rifle-esque item. Maybe one belonging to a man named Gadolt. I'm talking about Gadolt's Rifle.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Don't quote me on this, but I haven't seen the Super Scope return yet. Maybe there could be a new rifle-esque item. Maybe one belonging to a man named Gadolt. I'm talking about Gadolt's Rifle.
I think I remember seeing the Super Scope at one point. Gadolt's Rifle could still be used, but not likely.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Every two shots the character holding it says "My rifle's getting hotter" :troll:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
The only problem with that is that its primarily used for healing, which would make it rather strange as an attacking item, and a healing item that needs to be fired would be silly in a smash bros scenario.
Only Sharla used it for healing. Gadolt used it offensively. Probably depends on what crystals are put in it.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Only Sharla used it for healing. Gadolt used it offensively. Probably depends on what crystals are put in it.
but none the less, WE (the players) primarily saw it being used for healing. I mean, if gadolts Rifle was in the game, it wouldn't be to represent Gadolt, but instead to represent Sharla's most important weapon

Last edited:

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Again, I must say that the eyes never bothered me in Xenoblade. I thought they used them well, and was glad that they actually moved.

...the game that bothered me most was I think... a Star Ocean game on the PS3?

Their eyes NEVER moved. Always staring forward and looking blank. Something about it really bothered me... it was like they had lifeless doll eyes. -shudders-

I'm glad Xenoblades wasn't like that, lol.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

Melia performing Starlight Kick and falling flat on her a*s as an assist trophy move would be my favorite thing ever, right behind Shulk spiking Riki for a side B, that is.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Melia performing Starlight Kick and falling flat on her a*s as an assist trophy move would be my favorite thing ever, right behind Shulk spiking Riki for a side B, that is.
Yeah, that'd be great. Better than Shulk spiking Riki. I think Riki should be an item like Mr. Saturn.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Starlight kick was the most amazing thing when I first got it. I happened to already have the book to power it up, and a bunch of points from neglecting to upgrade her when I got it. It seemed useful, so I powered it up a lot when I First got it. The best bit though was that I unlocked it on Valak Mountains, with all the small area's, that where easy to run off it you where unaware.

Then I used it and she fell on her but down basically an entire mountain.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Again, I must say that the eyes never bothered me in Xenoblade. I thought they used them well, and was glad that they actually moved.

...the game that bothered me most was I think... a Star Ocean game on the PS3?

Their eyes NEVER moved. Always staring forward and looking blank. Something about it really bothered me... it was like they had lifeless doll eyes. -shudders-

I'm glad Xenoblades wasn't like that, lol.
Oh god Star Ocean 4... Part of the reason why I never finished the game honestly was because the models creeped me out so much. Some of the characters shown so far in X kind of have that same doll look to them, but we got time before the game comes out so hopefully they tweek some stuff.

I can see why the character models in Xenoblade could be off putting to some people. I'll never get over their square fingers. But it still had a charm to it that I enjoyed. That being said however I can't wait to see what Shulk looks like with a high quality 3D model.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Oh god Star Ocean 4... Part of the reason why I never finished the game honestly was because the models creeped me out so much. Some of the characters shown so far in X kind of have that same doll look to them, but we got time before the game comes out so hopefully they tweek some stuff.

I can see why the character models in Xenoblade could be off putting to some people. I'll never get over their square fingers. But it still had a charm to it that I enjoyed. That being said however I can't wait to see what Shulk looks like with a high quality 3D model.
Seriously though, I haven't played the game but I looked it up and...

bloody brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom