• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's alright, it's really not that mean compared to all the other stuff that's happened to her. *Single tear*
Not as bad as what happened to Reyn. He had to leave all of those beautiful Reyn-bows in makna forest behind.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Melia could always hook up with Dunban, you know. :awesome:
Relevant.

Be warned, that's a TV Tropes link. So if you enjoy having free time...

Also going a bit off topic is there a support thread for Elma? I'd totally back that, unlikely as a second Xeno rep is.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Before I get to my main topic, I need to find this topic on Gamefaqs where someone was asking why there is Shulk X Hades fanfiction. I hope it wasn't deleted...

Anyway, main point. Nintendo seems to want Xenoblade to become a new key franchise (though I guess it all depends on the new game) but the problem with this is the wait between games is pretty long. Xenoblade will be five years old once the sequel come out. What I mean by this is that it may be hard to cultivate a franchise like this when the period between games is so long. So how would you feel about spinoff games? Games made to make the wait between main releases more bearable. The two that come to mind to me is a rhythm game similar to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (which could work seeing as indiezero, the developer, works closely with Nintendo). Or a Dynasty Warriors game similar to Hyrule Warriors. It probably won't happen but more Xenoblade love is good to me.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Fine, okay, fine, you get your request. Geez. Grumble grumble.
y u no request me ;u;
Before I get to my main topic, I need to find this topic on Gamefaqs where someone was asking why there is Shulk X Hades fanfiction. I hope it wasn't deleted...

Anyway, main point. Nintendo seems to want Xenoblade to become a new key franchise (though I guess it all depends on the new game) but the problem with this is the wait between games is pretty long. Xenoblade will be five years old once the sequel come out. What I mean by this is that it may be hard to cultivate a franchise like this when the period between games is so long. So how would you feel about spinoff games? Games made to make the wait between main releases more bearable. The two that come to mind to me is a rhythm game similar to Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (which could work seeing as indiezero, the developer, works closely with Nintendo). Or a Dynasty Warriors game similar to Hyrule Warriors. It probably won't happen but more Xenoblade love is good to me.
as a massive fan of the warrior games I strongly support the later idea

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Well I think a series doesn't really need to have games every other year. Quality > Quantity, for me. But it'd be cool to see a few spinoffs here and there!

Or to see Nintendo use Xenoblade characters in like, a crossover fighting game or something. :awesome:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
We've had ShulkxMonado and ShulkxHades fanfiction on this thread, why is this the first pairing suggestion that shook me to my core and made me think "Ew, no"?
you forgot the love triangle between Shulk X Hades X infinite sandwich

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Nintendo just tweeted about the Nintendo Direct we all heard about for tomorrow with the following announcement:

A new spin off franchise - Monadio Party. Compete against your friends to collect the most ether as you travel across 15 unique locations from Xenoblade Chronicles including two bonus locations from the upcoming X! Beware of unique monsters and Mechon as you play mini games in order to gauge who has the most talent and the right to claim the true power of the Monado! For up to four homs. Available now in the Nintendo Heroponshop.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
... We've crossed a line, haven't we?

I would shell out money for either of those two on day one.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

today's POTD
nintendo Direct tuesday
#truemonadotuesday
it's all coming together get the train going we are going for round 2!

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Well, I mean, c'mon, if anyone was ever an independent black woman who don't need no man love interest, it's Dunban. Plus, I'll never let go of MeliaxShulk.

I will ship that until the day I die.
True enough. Dunban is BA like that. But still...I don't just ship them because they are the only two people in the party not part of a couple. I ship them because they complement each other very well.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Nintendo just tweeted about the Nintendo Direct we all heard about for tomorrow with the following announcement:

A new spin off franchise - Monadio Party. Compete against your friends to collect the most ether as you travel across 15 unique locations from Xenoblade Chronicles including two bonus locations from the upcoming X! Beware of unique monsters and Mechon as you play mini games in order to gauge who has the most talent and the right to claim the true power of the Monado! For up to four homs. Available now in the Nintendo Heroponshop.
Not going to lie, I read the first line and my heart skipped a beat. I think all this Shulk hype is gonna make me age 20 years.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Meh, that is old news. It is all about the Heropon bowling. :cool:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Well Metroid is an important franchise and we haven't had another one of those in years... 5 years as a matter of fact.:laugh:
What I'm trying to say is it's not the time frame between the games that make them "core" franchises for Nintendo, it's the impact critically and commercially.
But I do agree I hope we have alot of Xenoblade cameos and what not in the coming years.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Not going to lie, I read the first line and my heart skipped a beat. I think all this Shulk hype is gonna make me age 20 years.
Yeah... I had to quickly edit what I originally wrote but I'm still a tad iffy about what I left for fear of people getting too excited and then quickly crashing. Don't worry though, Shulk is going to be in ;)

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Well Metroid is a important franchise and we haven't had another one of those in years... 5 years as a matter of fact.:laugh:
What I'm trying to say is it's not the time frame between the games that make them "core" franchises for Nintendo, it's the impact critically and commercially.
But I do agree I hope we have alot of Xenoblade cameos and what not in the coming years.
Well, there's a reason we haven't had a Metroid game in five years, but I dare not speak it's name.
I understand the quality>quantity argument, I just thought a spin off here and there would help the series...not to mention I'm also a glutton for anything Xenoblade.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, there's a reason we haven't had a Metroid game in five years, but I dare not speak it's name.
I understand the quality>quantity argument, I just thought a spin off here and there would help the series...not to mention I'm also a glutton for anything Xenoblade.
Well we are getting a Shulk Amiibo when he is announced. Maybe he will be integrated in other games?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

guys guys the hype is back let's go #truemonodotuesday

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Other M's story sucked but the combat was incredible while the exploration was lackluster to say the least.
But holy crap what if Shulk made it into Hyrule Warriors.
Hey a girl can dream.... except I'm a guy.:p

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I thought it was true until I read the last sentence.:facepalm:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
What is happening in this thread?

I just found this how to play Xenoblade video and all I can say is wow......

I meant wow in a semi strange way.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

guys guys the hype is back let's go #truemonodotuesday
WHAT'S GOING ON IS THERE SOMETHING GOING ON I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO LIVE ANYMORE FOR THE LOVE OF BIONIS I'M GOING TO HAVE GREY HAIR BY TIME SHULK GETS ANNOUNCED.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
WHAT'S GOING ON IS THERE SOMETHING GOING ON I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO LIVE ANYMORE FOR THE LOVE OF BIONIS I'M GOING T HAVE GREY HAIR BY TIME SHULK GETS ANNOUNCED.
That's not so bad... Melia has grey hair... oh wait

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's not so bad... Melia has grey hair... oh wait
Melia... Forever Alone... No shipping will ever save her... she is lost forever... in her life that's full of despair...
Alas Poor Melia...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom