• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Robin was the last character confirmed for smash. The first robin was **** Grayson. Metal is gray, as are metal faces. If you take gray out of **** Grayson, you get **** son.

Metal face and Dickson confirmed for smash.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Once upon a time... Isaac support thread used to have more replies than Shulk support thread (That changed the in the 18th day of June, at the end of June, Shulk thread had 15 pages more than Isaac thread).

Between 1st of July and 14th of July (Before the character reveal streaming), Shulk thread had around new 2300 replies, the insane quantity of 57 pages in less than half month. After Robin and Lucina confirmation, i expected a light decrease in the activity of this Thread, caused by the Chrom disconfirmation. Instead, between 14th of July (after the character reveal streaming) and 22th of July (today), Shulk thread contains more than 3250 new replies, even more replies in less days, causing the 238 current pages.

WHATS GOING ON HERE?

It took two years (June 2012 - June 2014) to the first 99 pages of this Thread and now in July, 139 pages, suddenly and the month is not over yet. What is causing this? What is causing this Shulk Month? None of the confirmed newcomers thread had this activity.
At this rate Shulk is going to beat King K. Rool in number of replies.

HOW ANY OF THAT MAKES SENSE?

We have 3 characters, Ridley, King K. Rool and Shulk, that carry a lot of expectation in the Smash Boards and the game is going to be released, soon. I dont know what is going to happen, but certainly, is going to be something memorable.
During the Fire Emblem day, i was expecting something different, Not Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men, a plot twist. And what a plot twist, Chrom disconfirmation was something that i didnt expected at all. At this point i dont what to think anymore when it comes to newcomers. Smash 4 had too many surprises...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Once upon a time... Isaac support thread used to have more replies than Shulk support thread (That changed the in the 18th day of June, at the end of June, Shulk thread had 15 pages more than Isaac thread).

Between 1st of July and 14th of July (Before the character reveal streaming), Shulk thread had around new 2300 replies, the insane quantity of 57 pages in less than half month. After Robin and Lucina confirmation, i expected a light decrease in the activity of this Thread, caused by the Chrom disconfirmation. Instead, between 14th of July (after the character reveal streaming) and 22th of July (today), Shulk thread contains more than 3250 new replies, even more replies in less days, causing the 238 current pages.

WHATS GOING ON HERE?

It took two years (June 2012 - June 2014) to the first 99 pages of this Thread and now in July, 139 pages, suddenly and the month is not over yet. What is causing this? What is causing this Shulk Month? None of the confirmed newcomers thread had this activity.

We have 3 characters, Ridley, King K. Rool and Shulk, that carry a lot of expectation in the Smash Boards and the game is going to be released, soon. I dont know what is going to happen, but certainly, is going to be something memorable.
During the Fire Emblem day, i was expecting something different, Not Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Men, a plot twist. And what a plot twist, Chrom disconfirmation was something that i didnt expected at all. At this point i dont what to think anymore when it comes to newcomers. Smash 4 had too many surprises...
As the pool of characters gets fewer and fewer, people tend to move to the outer rings of characters. Shulk is a character people would like, but probably less than other. So it didn't take off till then. Plus, there was an assumption that the leak was real so people assumed he'd get in. After it died, people still came here. Shulk is an interesting character and he offers something others don't. Issac is really past his prime and has held one due to shear nostalgia of the original games (which are awesome, mind you). It's just Issac isn't going anywhere while Xenoblade is an up and comer. It helps that Shulk is interesting enough and Xenoblade has a lot of cool content.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So here's a question: what would you like to see for a Xenoblade Assist Trophy?

The only correct answer is Riki.
Gonna have to say that there's only one answer.

Seems like it would fit, since, y'know, Reyn was always there to protect Shulk and all. May as well come with him to Smash!

Sharla could also work...but the time is Reyn's. (Seriously if it's anyone but Reyn I'm going to be disappointed a bit.)

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
As the pool of characters gets fewer and fewer, people tend to move to the outer rings of characters. Shulk is a character people would like, but probably less than other. So it didn't take off till then. Plus, there was an assumption that the leak was real so people assumed he'd get in. After it died, people still came here. Shulk is an interesting character and he offers something others don't. Issac is really past his prime and has held one due to shear nostalgia of the original games (which are awesome, mind you). It's just Issac isn't going anywhere while Xenoblade is an up and comer. It helps that Shulk is interesting enough and Xenoblade has a lot of cool content.
I dont really know who is Issac. Does he/she have a support thread? ;P

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

WHATS GOING ON HERE?

It was me. I joined around then and started in this thread. I guess I just invite conversation ;)

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

WHATS GOING ON HERE?

This is the power of the Bronados!

But in all seriousness, one of the main reasons I feel that this thread has remained so active is in many ways thanks to the hype #MonadoMonday made. Even though it turned out to be a dud, it brought a lot of people who loved the character and want to see him in Smash onto the board (including myself). Another factor is that, unlike Isaac, K. Rool, or even Ridley, we don't really feel there's any reason to doubt his odds of being included. He's from a recent cult classic new game (which was viewed as the greatest JRPG of the previous generation), one of the most requested characters in Japan (with a decent following in Europe and North America), He has an insane amount of moveset potential, there's no other real competition from his own game or even his own studio, and Xenoblade Chronicles X shows that Nintendo has interest in turning Xenoblade into a series, which would make Shulk in many ways serve as Xenoblade's Marth. This lack of worry means we can just sit here, speculate, and have fun without being too serious. Not to mention it's not exactly easy to find this many Xenoblade fans in one condensed location, making this thread the perfect place to just talk general Xenoblade. We came to talk Smash, and we stayed to just talk.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
a plot twist. And what a plot twist, Chrom disconfirmation was something that i didnt expected at all. At this point i dont what to think anymore when it comes to newcomers. Smash 4 had too many surprises...
I wouldn't call it a plot twist more like a kick to the balls to all that supported Chrom.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
In today's PotD, Robin's Nosferatu takes more damage from behind. Back Slash confirmed.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
If Smashboards had some sort of annual awards for threads, this one would definitely win.

@ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522 I wanted to use the Bronado line in response to that but you beat me to it ;)

Xenoblade support threads....Who's going to start the Melia thread!? Since it is Melia, who's going to lock it?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I said I had to sleep 30 minutes ago. Oh how wrong I was.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love this thread. I truly do. We are all like big Nopon family!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think its amazing that you are unable to say ****son on this thread

This is the one reason why I hope he's represented in the game in some way.
If the bosses in Smash Run are true, he could fit.
Basically, I think all spoilers should be censors in this thread.

Just for this thread that is.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
If Smashboards had some sort of annual awards for threads, this one would definitely win.

@ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522 I wanted to use the Bronado line in response to that but you beat me to it ;)

Xenoblade support threads....Who's going to start the Melia thread!? Since it is Melia, who's going to lock it?
no one will support Melia because she is the punching beg of xenoblade the pain train never ends for her

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I must create a Duckson/Dittson/****son thread someday. It is my destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom