• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
The ending kind of implies that now there is land outside of the Bionis. According to a book mentioned earlier in this thread, the ending takes place six months after the end. Meaning that they built a new colony using resources from the Bionis, just like they did for Colony 6. Now, with land mass around outside the Bionis, what kind of wildlife now inhabits it? That's my question. Or did Shulk just decide they could bring animals/monsters from Bionis? Plus, it also implies that they are going to leave the Bionis entirely and explore the rest of the uncharted world.
Ah, I'll reply without the spoiler tag since it's not really a spoiler unless everyone reads the spoilers.

I'd assume there'd at least be those giant nasty flying monsters, lol. :p

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've got to say, I've known about Smashboards' existence for a while, but never taken an interest. Someone linked me to this thread on Friday, right when all the #MonadoMonday stuff began to hype up.

You guys are seriously amazing. The entire reason I've just gone and made an account. I've been invested in Shulk appearance since 2011, and I'm glad to see that there are so many other people as invested in Shulk's appearance as I am. So much potential.

On-topic, I suppose they left the ending of Xenoblade a little open so that there's room enough for a sequel should they choose that route (which they may/may not have, depending on XBX). And hey, it gets us talking about it.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I've got to say, I've known about Smashboards' existence for a while, but never taken an interest. Someone linked me to this thread on Friday, right when all the #MonadoMonday stuff began to hype up.

You guys are seriously amazing. The entire reason I've just gone and made an account. I've been invested in Shulk appearance since 2011, and I'm glad to see that there are so many other people as invested in Shulk's appearance as I am. So much potential.

On-topic, I suppose they left the ending of Xenoblade a little open so that there's room enough for a sequel should they choose that route (which they may/may not have, depending on XBX). And hey, it gets us talking about it.
Welcome!
And yeah, I like when an ending like Xenoblade's is open to all sorts of possibilities while still having closure. It's fun to discuss and theorize and such.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I want to love Pac-man but if he really does take Snake's spot I'll hate him.
On another note that's F'cking terrifying.
But let's get back on topic who's got a Shulk conversation that we HAVEN"T destroyed yet.
I don't mind Pacman but I hate the Namco Fanboys. They think that Lloyd Irving and Klonoa should get in smash even over first party characters just because they are "helping" to make the game, some even say they are making the game. I hate to **** on their biscuit but I don't think they should get more that one character and they got it now they are asking for too much it's getting annoying. Sorry for making a rant but I just have to get it off my chest.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I don't mind Pacman but I hate the Namco Fanboys. They think that Lloyd Irving and Klonoa should get in smash even over first party characters just because they are "helping" to make the game, some even say they are making the game. I hate to **** on their biscuit but I don't think they should get more that one character and they got it now they are asking for too much it's getting annoying. Sorry for making a rant but I just have to get it off my chest.
Oh god. If I hear someone say Lloyd should get in over Shulk, my reaction will be along the lines of:

Edit: on that note

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman

Welcome! We're a little quiet after Monday but don't be fooled... The hype is still present!

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice

This support thread is really the best if you want a place to discuss Shulk being in Smash, as well as Xenoblade and its lore! I also have been following this thread forever since I played and finished Xenoblade. So many great posters in here!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just popped in this thread to say that even though the leak was fake, it still obviously doesn't rule Shulk out.

domokl

Smash Lord
i cant decide if i want a villian trailer or a shulk trailer that could have ness or mewtwo in august.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
i cant decide if i want a villian trailer or a shulk trailer that could have ness or mewtwo in august.
I personally want a Snake reveal fighting with a what he thinks is a 'Metal Gear', which is really a Faced Mechon, then Shulk arrives and helps Snake finish it off! Loooooooooong shot (as Snake might as well be cut) but whatever!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'll admit Pac-Man annoyed me to start since I'd rather a character from Tales or Tekken or [anything that's not Pac-Man], but I've come to accept it. Anyone who thinks we're getting more than one character from any 3rd-party company is kidding themselves.

This support thread is really the best if you want a place to discuss Shulk being in Smash, as well as Xenoblade and its lore! I also have been following this thread forever since I played and finished Xenoblade. So many great posters in here!
I've been pretty active in the Xenoblade community on Facebook (if such a thing exists) for a long time and this is really something else. There's some great content coming out of you lot :D

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Ah, I'll reply without the spoiler tag since it's not really a spoiler unless everyone reads the spoilers.

I'd assume there'd at least be those giant nasty flying monsters, lol. :p
One of the monsters in an earlier X trailer resembled a telethia.. or at least I thought it did.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
One of the monsters in an earlier X trailer resembled a telethia.. or at least I thought it did.
I was mainly thinking of all the other giant nasty flying monsters though... like the one near the quest item you have to get while it's storming, if I recall... rofl.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Something I noticed upon finishing Xenoblade yesterday which connects the game to Smash Bros.

SPOILERS naturally.

First take a look-

Now this one -

And Finally:

Conclusion-

Either Zanza is a boss in Smash 4 or even more likely....HE IS SMASH 4 just like Alvis is the Monado!!

Okay, that ended up being one of my more idiotic posts.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Something I noticed upon finishing Xenoblade yesterday which connects the game to Smash Bros.

SPOILERS naturally.

First take a look-

Now this one -

And Finally:

Conclusion-

Either Zanza is a boss in Smash 4 or even more likely....HE IS SMASH 4 just like Alvis is the Monado!!

Okay, that ended up being one of my more idiotic posts.
Half Life 2 Episode 3 confirmed for Super Smash Sinnoh Remakes?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
...Anybody want a Lovenado Chronicles #2?

This is coming from an actual fan-fic writer who doesn't like to leave stories unfinished.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
...Anybody want a Lovenado Chronicles #2?

This is coming from an actual fan-fic writer who doesn't like to leave stories unfinished.
I would to see Lovenado Chronicles #2, does Shulk goes back to the junk sword or does he stay with the monado?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I would to see Lovenado Chronicles #2, does Shulk goes back to the junk sword or does he stay with the monado?
Find out next!

I'll put it up later. I have to do some things later. Look forward to it!

Dear Meyneth what the heck have I started

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hey, I wanted to ask out of curiosity.
Did anyone here ever find that picture of the Mechon Trophy? I never did find a pic of the trophy anywhere on the Internet.

D

Deleted member

Did anyone here ever find that picture of the Mechon Trophy? I never did find a pic of the trophy anywhere on the Internet.
No picture of such a trophy exists.
Right now, the Mechon trophy is just a myth, just like the Chunky Kong Assist Trophy.
...I wish that someone took a pic of it though if it existed. If it did, Shulk would be a shoo-in.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
That's the first time I've heard of that... Maybe it's not true?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Lovenado Chronicles #2

"Monado, lend me your power," Shulk exclaimed as he raised his Monado.

But alas, the Monado did not lend him his power. The fight was then left to Reyn, as Shulk tried to discover what was wrong with his beloved weapon.

"I can no longer work for you. You don't need me. You need my power," the Monado said. Shulk shook his head fervently.

"No! That isn't true! I-I need you, Monado. No other sword will do. Even if you have no power, I'll use you anyway!"

"Shulk... Who do you like more? Me... or Fiora?"

Shulk was speechless. Was this... a confession? His heart was caught in his throat. His hands soon became clammy and covered in sweat. He knew the Monado could feel his nervousness clutching its hilt. This answer could mean everything. Would he forsake Fiora and cast her from his mind? Whom did he truly love?

"A-Answer me, b-baka!"

"I...I choose—!"

To Be Continued... :troll:

What am I doing with my life?

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
This is kind of off topic, but this is the first community I've been to where it seems like almost everyone took the Gematsu leak so seriously as to think that it being right would necessarily lower anyone else's chances. You'd think Rosalina's announcement would be enough to show that even if it had been 100% accurate, there would still be room for more characters to appear.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There are more posts of Miis and Hades here then in thier actual threads. Love it!

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
This is kind of off topic, but this is the first community I've been to where it seems like almost everyone took the Gematsu leak so seriously as to think that it being right would necessarily lower anyone else's chances. You'd think Rosalina's announcement would be enough to show that even if it had been 100% accurate, there would still be room for more characters to appear.
I noticed that as well. Especially in the 'New Fighter to be revealed on Monday' thread on the Wii U main, people were set that if Gematsu was to be revealed (Shulk), all there is left is Chrom and Chorus Kids, nothing more. I've actually been lurking on NeoGAF as well and many were thinking like that as well. People were actually convinced of the leak because it is credible, and I think it still is.

I took the 'Gematsu' as what probably Sakurai will be revealing leading up to the release of the 3DS game, but other newcomers will be hidden as well.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
To be totally honest, I'd almost be surprised if Shulk's trailer didn't at least for one second make an attempt to make us think Riki was playable.

It would be the best if Riki even got his own tagline.
That...would be the most amazing thing ever. Ever.

I completely approve of your name and avatar. I like you, when the Bionis is mine, your death will be quick and painless.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Lovenado Chronicles #2

"Monado, lend me your power," Shulk exclaimed as he raised his Monado.

But alas, the Monado did not lend him his power. The fight was then left to Reyn, as Shulk tried to discover what was wrong with his beloved weapon.

"I can no longer work for you. You don't need me. You need my power," the Monado said. Shulk shook his head fervently.

"No! That isn't true! I-I need you, Monado. No other sword will do. Even if you have no power, I'll use you anyway!"

"Shulk... Who do you like more? Me... or Fiora?"

Shulk was speechless. Was this... a confession? His heart was caught in his throat. His hands soon became clammy and covered in sweat. He knew the Monado could feel his nervousness clutching its hilt. This answer could mean everything. Would he forsake Fiora and cast her from his mind? Whom did he truly love?

"A-Answer me, b-baka!"

"I...I choose—!"

To Be Continued... :troll:

What am I doing with my life?
Don'd do it Shulk! Monado will only break your heart! It'll stab you in the back when you least expect it!
Still a better love story than Twilight.

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Oh god. If I hear someone say Lloyd should get in over Shulk, my reaction will be along the lines of:

Edit: on that note
I'm a huge fan of ToS, I would gladly welcome Lloyd. He was actually my preferred Namco character over Pac-Man but I knew it wasn't very realistic.

Shulk and Lloyd aren't similar, anyways. :p Other than the whole sword thing that could to be totally unique; Shulk's controls ether while Lloyd wields dual blades.

Shulk is obviously still preferred, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom