• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I kinda agree with Turokman, Chrom was basically the sacrifice to safe the Smash Bros. roster from the Gematsu leak.

That said, I still think Shulk is in. Here's my theory; next month we get a villains trailer, and for the launch trailer we get Isaac and Shulk together. That I think would be the best way to do it. Now that Gematsu is disconfirmed, I'm happy, Shulk can appear whenever.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
However his trailer goes, I hope it makes use of the "changing the future" thing. Let's say it's Ness and Falco for example, and Shulk has a vision where they're in mortal danger, and then the scene that would have happened plays out but instead of Ness and Falco meeting an untimely end, Shulk saves them, preferably to this song which plays when you change a vision tag:
so little love for that song :c I really like the guitar riff, gets me pumped during intense boss fights

I've also been typing some moveset ideas for Shulk and the other two I really want along with maybe some other things, I'll post it in a bit.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I kinda agree with Turokman, Chrom was basically the sacrifice to safe the Smash Bros. roster from the Gematsu leak.

That said, I still think Shulk is in. Here's my theory; next month we get a villains trailer, and for the launch trailer we get Isaac and Shulk together. That I think would be the best way to do it. Now that Gematsu is disconfirmed, I'm happy, Shulk can appear whenever.
This seems like a good way for the remainders to get announced.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
However his trailer goes, I hope it makes use of the "changing the future" thing. Let's say it's Ness and Falco for example, and Shulk has a vision where they're in mortal danger, and then the scene that would have happened plays out but instead of Ness and Falco meeting an untimely end, Shulk saves them, preferably to this song which plays when you change a vision tag:
so little love for that song :c I really like the guitar riff, gets me pumped during intense boss fights

I've also been typing some moveset ideas for Shulk and the other two I really want along with maybe some other things, I'll post it in a bit.
I think a lot of people bag on that track because it gets in the way of You will know our names or Mechanical rhythm.
I love it though.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I hope his reveal is something like this (his entrance at 2:30) (btw, huge spoilers):
[/spoiler[

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think a lot of people bag on that track because it gets in the way of You will know our names or Mechanical rhythm.
I love it though.
My thoughts exactly. Its by no means a bad track, the songs it replaces are simply better. At least with the low tension or whatever music, it goes away when you encourage your party and get back in the fight.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I hope his reveal is something like this (his entrance at 2:30) (btw, spoilers):
You'll want to put that in a spoiler tag. I know it isn't revealing without playing the video but it could be considered spoilerific. And as it's very near to the end you don't want to ruin that is it's a rather delicate part of the story.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
You'll want to put that in a spoiler tag. I know it isn't revealing without playing the video but it could be considered spoilerific. And as it's very near to the end you don't want to ruin that is it's a rather delicate part of the story.
For some reason you can't fullscreen it when it's in spoilers. Hmm, I suppose I should be safe though. That's pretty hardcore spoilers

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've actually spoiled myself on like 90% of Xenoblade
including the truths about D*ckson, Alvis and Zanza
because I remember Sakurai's spoiler track record with Zelda and Mother 3. I don't mind spoilers myself, really.

I finished typing my ideas; if you want I can post them! I'm just unbelievably shy when it comes to sharing my ideas OTL

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sakurai will likely spoil some aspect of Xenoblade, let me warn you with that.

So study up your info and play through before he gets to do that!

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I've actually spoiled myself on like 90% of Xenoblade
including the truths about D*ckson, Alvis and Zanza
because I remember Sakurai's spoiler track record with Zelda and Mother 3. I don't mind spoilers myself, really.

I finished typing my ideas; if you want I can post them! I'm just unbelievably shy when it comes to sharing my ideas OTL
Please feel free. I'm usually pretty bad with posting my opinions too thanks to my myer brigg's intp personality type. It's usually worse irl than on the internet though. Anyways, this is a cool group, and I think it would be a waste for you not to give us your ideas

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Monado August then?;)
I'm a big fan of alliteration, so I'd like to recommend 'Air Slash August' or perhaps 'Alvis August.'

Imagine if Alvis was in, he could cryptic his enemies to death!

Also, regarding spoilers, I fully expect
the attack on Colony 9, the Face Mechon identities, and Zanza's existence, be it the giant Arglas or the god
to be spoiled.

... So, basically the whole game, or at least things that could be made into trophies (everything but the first) or a stage (the first).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Post them! Post 'em up real good!
Okie dokie, here it is!
Shulk moveset

Shulk changes the future! The wielder of the Monado, Shulk is gifted with the ability to see the future, and can use his Monado in a variety of ways.

Gimmick - I was thinking that he use a certain number of attacks to be able to use his Monado Arts (B moves) but in the end decided against it as it can be disadvantageous to him in

certain situations.

Normal B: Monado Buster. Some charge up time like the Falcon Punch, but has excellent range, damage and throwback power.
Side B: Monado Eater. Shulk lunges at an enemy and strikes with a dark colored ether blade. May sometimes inflict a "bleed" effect that deals 3% damage every second for 5 seconds.
Up B: Monado Cyclone. Kind of like Palutena's Heavenly Light, but can blow enemies upward and, if they have high enough percentage, star/screen KO them. Unlike the other two characters I made movesets for, his recovery isn't so great as he only gains a fair amount of altitude and can't aim it very well. Though his recovery would be somewhat better than Little Mac's.
Down B: Monado Shield/Armour. Basically a counter. When activated Shulk's eyes glow blue, and if he's hit during that time a yellow shield aura envelops him, nullifying damage to

him and knocking the enemy back a bit while dealing half the damage to them they originally would have dealt to Shulk. Only works against melee attacks, not projectiles.

Side Smash: Stream Edge, since in my proposition Fiora already has the more-damage-to-the-back attack.
Up Smash: Air Slash.
Down Smash: Shaker Edge. Excellent knockback.

Final Smash: Monado Purge. Shulk jumps as his blade turns bright green, and shouts, "Monado Purge!!" as he unleashes a wave of green Ether energy. Will break any shields.

Entrance: Riki appears and says "Heropon root for Shulk!" and then runs off as Shulk pulls out his Monado.

Victory:
1.) Shulk does a spinning leap and says while brandishing the Monado, "This is the Monado's power!"
2.) Shulk is being congratulated by Dunban, who says, "Not bad at all!"
3.) Sharla offers to heal Shulk's wounds. (idk I didn't have much for this one but I kinda want all the Xenoblade party members to be represented somehow)

Fiora moveset

Fiora fears nothing! A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after

the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body. Her skills revolve around

her dual wielding ability.

Gimmick - has a "tension meter" much like the Tension Mechanic in Xenoblade. The more successful hits she lands, the higher it gets and the more knockback power she gets. Missing or

getting shielded against reduces the meter.

Normal B: Double Wind - a two-hit strike. Guaranteed to raise Tension when it lands.
Up B: Air Fang. Fiora slashes in an upward jump and then downward. Can be used in mid-air as a recovery move, it would act like Kirby's Up B, also having the same vulnerability. Be

sure to aim it!
Side B: Spear Blade. Fiora dashes past, dealing damage to the enemy.
Down B: Cross Impact. Fiora kicks the enemy twice. In midair, functions somewhat like Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but doing a 2nd attack in the form of a backflip (forward flip?)

after she lands.

Normal A: Attacks once with one of her blades. Press A again to attack again with the other blade.
(could use input on other attacks like her Fair and Dair etc)

Side Smash: Double Blade. Can do more damage as a back attack.
Up Smash: Mag Storm. Shocks all enemies around her.
Down Smash: Sword Drones. Launches swords in a radius around her

Final Smash: Final Cross. Fiora focuses red light around her chest, saying "Final..." and then launches it in a spiral shouting "CROOOOOOOOOSS!" Deals steady damage to all caught in

it and has decent launch power. It should be noted that when Fiora grabs a Smash Ball, her Tension meter is automatically maxed out, as is the condition for her to use that attack

in Xenoblade.

Victory screen:
1.) Fiora stows away her blades, yawns and says "So tired..."
2.) Fiora strikes a pose and says "Let's press on, and on, and ON!"
3.) Something with Meyneth taking over and speaking? Not so sure on this one

Entry animation: Fiora flies in with Face Nemesis, then opens the pilot seat and hops out.

Taunts: unsure
Alt costumes: Power armor set 1, Speed Armor set 1, Attack armor set 1 (her default is Ether set 1)

Melia moveset

Melia Antiqua unleashes the Ether! A half-High Entia mage, her attacks are based mostly on Elemental Arts.

Gimmick - I feel the ether building within me! - The more she uses her element attacks, the more the meter builds, and her element attacks have more damage and slight increments in

launch power. When she gets a Smash Ball her Ether gauge automatically maxes out. After using her final smash/an elemental discharge at full ether, or if she's KO'd, the meter resets.

Normal B: Elemental Discharge. Unleashes the summoned element which has varying effects depending on the element. If you summoned 2/3 elements, then the first element summoned would be the last one to be discharged...(if I'm making sense, I'm going off how it went in Xenoblade)

Down B: Summon Element. Goes through the following cycle, starting over after the last one, and has the following effects (note, these do not give Melia buffs unlike in Xenoblade):
Aqua - when discharged, deals 5% damage to the enemy and reduces Melia's damage percentage by 5%. When Ether Gauge is at max, the increment increases to 30%.
Ice - freezes the enemy in a block of ice, dealing steady but small damage and rendering them unable to move.
Wind - blows the enemy away, kind of like F.L.U.D.D. but can also do some damage.
Earth - Deals decent damage, low knockback, poisons the enemy (makes damage go up by 1% every second for 5 seconds, increases to 8% at max Ether)
Flare - deals continuous damage and stunlocks (like Ness's PK Fire)
Bolt - the most powerful of the elements, very high damage and knockback. For this reason it's the last in the cycle
If Melia is KO'd, the cycle resets. She can carry up to three Elements at a time.

Side B: Spear Break. A close range attack that has slight knockback.

Up B: Starlight Kick. If landed after Spear Break, makes the enemy trip. Can be used in midair as a recovery move.

Unsure about Smash Attacks or normal attacks (including Dair etc)

Final Smash: Burst End. Deals damage to all opponents and stuns them, allowing Melia to knock them away.
Alternate Final Smash (I couldn't decide): Mind Blast. Deals damage, ok knockback, also all opponents affected cannot use any B moves except their Up B for 5 seconds.

(I have no idea what to do for her entrance, taunts or victory animations)

Other things:
Reyn is an assist trophy. And yes he does say "Now it's Reyn time!" when summoned. He performs Lariat on the other fighters, says, "Man, what a buncha jokahs!" and disappears.
Metal Face is a stage boss on the Valak Mountain stage. Like Battlefield the stage cycles between night and day.
Songs: Time to Fight!, You Will Know Our Names, One Who Gets In Our Way, Vision Reacts, Tragic Decision, Irregular Bounce, Mechanical Rhythm, Valak Mountain Day and Night themes, Engage the Enemy, Zanza

@ Gunla Gunla sure thing! I haven't had much time to catch up on the game but I'll probably play a bit more on Wednesday night (I would like to finish all the named Mechon at Sword Valley and finish Galahad Fortress before heading to Mechonis Field as iirc that's locked out when you finish it....

Basically I can only play when Mom's not in the house >_> long story...

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Spoilers on my choice for a second Xenoblade rep.

Fiora would definitely be my choice for a second Xenoblade rep. I think the perfect final smash would be using nemesis

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Okie dokie, here it is!
Shulk moveset

Shulk changes the future! The wielder of the Monado, Shulk is gifted with the ability to see the future, and can use his Monado in a variety of ways.

Gimmick - I was thinking that he use a certain number of attacks to be able to use his Monado Arts (B moves) but in the end decided against it as it can be disadvantageous to him in

certain situations.

Normal B: Monado Buster. Some charge up time like the Falcon Punch, but has excellent range, damage and throwback power.
Side B: Monado Eater. Shulk lunges at an enemy and strikes with a dark colored ether blade. May sometimes inflict a "bleed" effect that deals 3% damage every second for 5 seconds.
Up B: Monado Cyclone. Kind of like Palutena's Heavenly Light, but can blow enemies upward and, if they have high enough percentage, star/screen KO them. Unlike the other two characters I made movesets for, his recovery isn't so great as he only gains a fair amount of altitude and can't aim it very well. Though his recovery would be somewhat better than Little Mac's.
Down B: Monado Shield/Armour. Basically a counter. When activated Shulk's eyes glow blue, and if he's hit during that time a yellow shield aura envelops him, nullifying damage to

him and knocking the enemy back a bit while dealing half the damage to them they originally would have dealt to Shulk.

Side Smash: Stream Edge, since in my proposition Fiora already has the more-damage-to-the-back attack.
Up Smash: Air Slash.
Down Smash: Shaker Edge. Excellent knockback.

Final Smash: Monado Purge. Shulk jumps as his blade turns bright green, and shouts, "Monado Purge!!" as he unleashes a wave of green Ether energy. Will break any shields.

Entrance: Riki appears and says "Heropon root for Shulk!" and then runs off as Shulk pulls out his Monado.

Victory:
1.) Shulk does a spinning leap and says while brandishing the Monado, "This is the Monado's power!"
2.) Shulk is being congratulated by Dunban, who says, "Not bad at all!"
3.) Sharla offers to heal Shulk's wounds. (idk I didn't have much for this one but I kinda want all the Xenoblade party members to be represented somehow)

Fiora moveset

Fiora fears nothing! A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after

the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body. Her skills revolve around

her dual wielding ability.

Gimmick - has a "tension meter" much like the Tension Mechanic in Xenoblade. The more successful hits she lands, the higher it gets and the more knockback power she gets. Missing or

getting shielded against reduces the meter.

Normal B: Double Wind - a two-hit strike. Guaranteed to raise Tension when it lands.
Up B: Air Fang. Fiora slashes in an upward jump and then downward. Can be used in mid-air as a recovery move, it would act like Kirby's Up B, also having the same vulnerability. Be

sure to aim it!
Side B: Spear Blade. Fiora dashes past, dealing damage to the enemy.
Down B: Cross Impact. Fiora kicks the enemy twice. In midair, functions somewhat like Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but doing a 2nd attack in the form of a backflip (forward flip?)

after she lands.

Normal A: Attacks once with one of her blades. Press A again to attack again with the other blade.
(could use input on other attacks like her Fair and Dair etc)

Side Smash: Double Blade. Can do more damage as a back attack.
Up Smash: Mag Storm. Shocks all enemies around her.
Down Smash: Sword Drones. Launches swords in a radius around her

Final Smash: Final Cross. Fiora focuses red light around her chest, saying "Final..." and then launches it in a spiral shouting "CROOOOOOOOOSS!" Deals steady damage to all caught in

it and has decent launch power. It should be noted that when Fiora grabs a Smash Ball, her Tension meter is automatically maxed out, as is the condition for her to use that attack

in Xenoblade.

Victory screen:
1.) Fiora stows away her blades, yawns and says "So tired..."
2.) Fiora strikes a pose and says "Let's press on, and on, and ON!"
3.) Something with Meyneth taking over and speaking? Not so sure on this one

Entry animation: Fiora flies in with Face Nemesis, then opens the pilot seat and hops out.

Taunts: unsure
Alt costumes: Power armor set 1, Speed Armor set 1, Attack armor set 1 (her default is Ether set 1)

Melia moveset

Melia Antiqua unleashes the Ether! A half-High Entia mage, her attacks are based mostly on Elemental Arts.

Gimmick - I feel the ether building within me! - The more she uses her element attacks, the more the meter builds, and her element attacks have more damage and slight increments in

launch power. When she gets a Smash Ball her Ether gauge automatically maxes out.

Normal B: Elemental Discharge. Unleashes the summoned element which has varying effects depending on the element.

Down B: Summon Element. Goes through the following cycle, starting over after the last one, and has the following effects (note, these do not give Melia buffs unlike in Xenoblade):
Aqua - when discharged, deals 5% damage to the enemy and reduces Melia's damage percentage by 5%. When Ether Gauge is at max, the increment increases to 30%.
Ice - freezes the enemy in a block of ice, dealing steady but small damage and rendering them unable to move.
Wind - blows the enemy away, kind of like F.L.U.D.D. but can also do some damage.
Earth - Deals decent damage, low knockback, poisons the enemy (makes damage go up by 1% every second for 5 seconds, increases to 8% at max Ether)
Flare - deals continuous damage and stunlocks (like Ness's PK Fire)
Bolt - the most powerful of the elements, very high damage and knockback. For this reason it's the last in the cycle
If Melia is KO'd, the cycle resets. She can carry up to three Elements at a time.

Side B: Spear Break. A close range attack that has slight knockback.

Up B: Starlight Kick. If landed after Spear Break, makes the enemy trip. Can be used in midair as a recovery move.

Unsure about Smash Attacks or normal attacks (including Dair etc)

Final Smash: Burst End. Deals damage to all opponents and stuns them, allowing Melia to knock them away.
Alternate Final Smash (I couldn't decide): Mind Blast. Deals damage, ok knockback, also all opponents affected cannot use any B moves except their Up B.

(I have no idea what to do for her entrance, taunts or victory animations)

Other things:
Reyn is an assist trophy. And yes he does say "Now it's Reyn time!" when summoned. He performs Lariat on the other fighters, says, "Man, what a buncha jokahs!" and disappears.
Metal Face is a stage boss on the Valak Mountain stage. Like Battlefield the stage cycles between night and day.
Songs: Time to Fight!, You Will Know Our Names, One Who Gets In Our Way, Vision Reacts, Tragic Decision, Irregular Bounce, Mechanical Rhythm, Valak Mountain Day and Night themes, Zanza

@ Gunla Gunla sure thing! I haven't had much time to catch up on the game but I'll probably play a bit more on Wednesday night (I would like to finish all the named Mechon at Sword Valley and finish Galahad Fortress before heading to Mechonis Field as iirc that's locked out when you finish it....

Basically I can only play when Mom's not in the house >_> long story...
I don't think Sword Valley is 100% loc... Nevermind, I'm dumb. Thinking of something else.

Anyway, you've managed to make me enjoy a down-b counter with Shulk's. Well done! I'd also be 100% on board with character number 2, if only for her second victory bit.

Spoilers on my choice for a second Xenoblade rep.

Fiora would definitely be my choice for a second Xenoblade rep. I think the perfect final smash would be using nemesis
Final Smash as a second form like GigaMac/Bowser, or a one-shot attack like Beast Gannon or somethin'?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Glad you guys like my ideas! c:

Say, speaking of Sword Valley, does anyone have any tips for Lightning Ronove? It keeps spike-damaging me to death and idk where to find Spike Defence gems...The named spider Mechon enemy (I forgot the name but last I checked it yellow tagged me) is giving me a bit of trouble too...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If we get a second Xeno rep, it will likely be in Smash 5 (or would that be 6 because of the 3DS game?) No idea who it would be since we don't know anything about the game, but Elma would be my guess at the moment.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
@ SomewhatMystia SomewhatMystia Hmm... good question. Maybe they would be in the background behind the stage and the characters and can perform a few special attacks, similar to Zeus in Sony Smash bros. That would make it slightly more unique.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has it all wrong regarding Sakurai and spoilers.

It's obvious he's saving Shulk to be revealed last, so that he can make his trailer almost identical to the ending of Xenoblade Chronicles and spoil the entire game in one massive go. :troll:

Also... since Fire Emblem has gotten a couple more reps (despite one possibly being a real clone), I think it's safe to say that not every series will have any enemies in Smash Run. There's already a few, but I no longer think the lack of enemies counts against Shulk.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Glad you guys like my ideas! c:

Say, speaking of Sword Valley, does anyone have any tips for Lightning Ronove? It keeps spike-damaging me to death and idk where to find Spike Defence gems...The named spider Mechon enemy (I forgot the name but last I checked it yellow tagged me) is giving me a bit of trouble too...
If you've not a good amount of Spike Defense gems, a topple strategy works fairly well in this battle if I recall (I don't think he has topple spike). Also cast Monado Purge as soon as you are able to as well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I actually went to the next area / village before defeating him, then came back shortly afterwards (I can't recall my team (Melia / Dunban / Reyn, maybe?), but I may have casted Poison against Ronove and summoned Earth for defense, assuming he has topple spike. . . Sorry if this didn't help as it has been a while. Ha ha. If nothing else, perhaps you are just under leveled for the battle?

Last edited:

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I think I just came up with the worst (or at least the most spoilerific for sure) final smash idea for Shulk. Ever. (Seriously, this is a lot of spoilers. Don't click it if you haven't finished the game.)
Upon activation, Zanza leaves Shulk's body, leaving his corpse there and flies around in a Super Sonic/Pikachu volt takle-esque manner. At the end, Shulk wakes up, says "The future doesn't belong to you." and slashes, killing Zanza and ending the final smash.
Not the best idea suggested, but it's different. Just fun to think about, I guess.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I *think* topple-induced Spike happens well after Sword Fortress, so you should be good to topple it. I'd personally recommend Reyn, Shulk (mostly for Buster/Black Slash, unless you don't have anyone rocking their anti-mechon weapons), and Sharla. I also wouldn't go for any chain attacks unless you can topple him, just in case you need to warn someone.

I think I just came up with the worst (or at least the most spoilerific for sure) final smash idea for Shulk. Ever. (Seriously, this is a lot of spoilers. Don't click it if you haven't finished the game.)
Upon activation, Zanza leaves Shulk's body, leaving his corpse there and flies around in a Super Sonic/Pikachu volt takle-esque manner. At the end, Shulk wakes up, says "The future doesn't belong to you." and slashes, killing Zanza and ending the final smash.
Not the best idea suggested, but it's different. Just fun to think about, I guess.
And here I thought it was gonna be
True Monado.

Last edited:

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Also... since Fire Emblem has gotten a couple more reps (despite one possibly being a real clone), I think it's safe to say that not every series will have any enemies in Smash Run. There's already a few, but I no longer thinks the lack of enemies counts against Shulk.
Well, fire emblem enemies would all be people wouldn't they? (I can't say for sure, since I've only played awakening). I doubt they would have you attacking people in smash run.

On the other hand, Xenoblade could have a number of the different creatures running around on the map. I actually kind of want to see some of the xenoblade creatures running around, wouldn't that be kind of cool?

Anyways, the way I see it is since the people working on smash are playing this big game of character reveals, they would need to be pretty foolish to let a Xenoblade creature be on the map during a showing of the game. It wouldn't be hard for the programmers to just remove the files for the creatures for the time being. However, with that being said, idk how they could have let the Rythm Heaven ghost through. It could have been a simple mistake or it could have been intentional. idk.
-
If you've not a good amount of Spike Defense gems, a topple strategy works fairly well in this battle if I recall (I don't think he has topple spike). Also cast Monado Purge as soon as you are able to as well. If I'm not mistaken, I believe I actually went to the next area / village before defeating him, then came back shortly afterwards (I can't recall my team (Melia / Dunban / Reyn, maybe?), but I may have casted Poison against Ronove and summoned Earth for defense. . . Sorry if this didn't help as it has been a while. Ha ha. If nothing else, perhaps you are just under leveled for the battle?
Hmm well the wiki says toppling doesn't get rid of the spike
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_Ronove

Last edited:

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
And here I thought it was gonna be
True Monado.
Eh, let's just stick that in there. (Again, crazy spoilers. Viewer discretion advised.)
Zanza takes the Monado from Shulk, as well as using Meyneth's Monado. When Shulk wakes up, the True Monado appears in his hands to deliver the final blow to Zanza and the Monado II (or 1, I guess) comes back to him after the True Monado vanishes again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Welp, looks like MonadoMonday never happened. This reveal does give us some interesting stuff.

1. Gamatsu is Dead - This is basically the nail in the coffin. He got a character wrong. I suspect it was good guesses as Chrom was, even before the rumor came out, the main contender for a new Fire Emblem character. He likely jump on characters that made some sense to perpetuate the rumor. It also makes sense as he was saying Shulk was 100% gonna happen today. This would be a good guess as everyone thought that, and being right would help solidify in people's mind that he has information. But he got too ambitious and the whole thing has fallen apart. This means that anything goes and that, also, Shulk isn't guaranteed.
  2. The Director's Tweets - What is interesting as he doesn't tweet unless it's related to his game. This time it wasn't. What gives? Well, Sakurai and the marketing arm are the only ones that know about the trailers and when they are going to be shown. The director may have just assumed it was going to happen today. As an aside, Chrom's voice actor said he was not reprising his role for Smash; however, Shulk's voice actor has said he is working on a game and can't say what it is.
  3. They aren't hurting for characters - So, yeah, Lucina is a clone of Marth, but I can tell you Sakurai wouldn't put 4 Fire Emblem characters in the game was short on characters. He would be more selective. However, he clearly is OK adding two Fire Emblem characters who are even from the same game. What gives? Very likely it implies that there are a lot of characters. Right now, there are 36 characters which is about 4 short of Brawl's entire roster. And there will likely be hidden characters not shown before release. That's a lot of characters. Based on current roster estimates from the Demo, 52-54 is what fits best. That could easily happen with how things are going.
  4. Sakurai defiantly listens - One of the biggest complaints for the longest time was having a Fire Emblem character who didn't use a sword. The only reason Ephraim and Hector came up was because they used different weapons. Basically, fans didn't want to see the same Blue Haired Sword fighters. And this was very much the same issue fans had with Chrom. Chrom made sense because he was the main character of the new and commercially successful (for the series) Fire Emblem game. But people wanted Robin because he was different. People liked the idea of Magic users as well which is why Micaiah came up when Brawl was coming out. People clearly wanted variety in the series. So Robin makes sense from that stand point because he is something new and different and not another swordsman. Hell, Sakurai makes specific mention to this fact in the Pic of the Day. Lucina is your typical Fire Emblem character in Smash, but she was likely added because people liked her. I do thing one of the things myself and others missed when looking at characters is how popular a character is verses just how popular they are for Smash.
So what does this mean for Shulk? Well, he's not in yet. Of course, the fear is always that he might not get in just as Ridley fans or K Rool fans may fear in their heart of hearts. But it seems that Sakurai does pay attention to what fans want. This is likely why he is teasing Ridley so bad because he know's Ridley will cause a torrent of excitement. The facts remains and his director was tweeting for a reason. And Shulk has yet to be deconfirmed as a trophy or AT like all the rest. My stance is I'll wait and see because you never know what happens till it actually happens. I'm hoping for Shulk and I think he stands a good chance but we'll have to wait and see.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I had a thought.

Shouldn't Shulk technically need the True Monado in Smash? It's the only one that can kill gods and Palutena is in Smash :troll:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well, fire emblem enemies would all be people wouldn't they? (I can't say for sure, since I've only played awakening). I doubt they would have you attacking people in smash run.
Smash Run could have you fighting Risen. That would be a decent choice for a Fire Emblem enemy.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Welp, looks like MonadoMonday never happened. This reveal does give us some interesting stuff.

1. Gamatsu is Dead - This is basically the nail in the coffin. He got a character wrong. I suspect it was good guesses as Chrom was, even before the rumor came out, the main contender for a new Fire Emblem character. He likely jump on characters that made some sense to perpetuate the rumor. It also makes sense as he was saying Shulk was 100% gonna happen today. This would be a good guess as everyone thought that, and being right would help solidify in people's mind that he has information. But he got too ambitious and the whole thing has fallen apart. This means that anything goes and that, also, Shulk isn't guaranteed.
  2. The Director's Tweets - What is interesting as he doesn't tweet unless it's related to his game. This time it wasn't. What gives? Well, Sakurai and the marketing arm are the only ones that know about the trailers and when they are going to be shown. The director may have just assumed it was going to happen today. As an aside, Chrom's voice actor said he was not reprising his role for Smash; however, Shulk's voice actor has said he is working on a game and can't say what it is.
  3. They aren't hurting for characters - So, yeah, Lucina is a clone of Marth, but I can tell you Sakurai wouldn't put 4 Fire Emblem characters in the game was short on characters. He would be more selective. However, he clearly is OK adding two Fire Emblem characters who are even from the same game. What gives? Very likely it implies that there are a lot of characters. Right now, there are 36 characters which is about 4 short of Brawl's entire roster. And there will likely be hidden characters not shown before release. That's a lot of characters. Based on current roster estimates from the Demo, 52-54 is what fits best. That could easily happen with how things are going.
  4. Sakurai defiantly listens - One of the biggest complaints for the longest time was having a Fire Emblem character who didn't use a sword. The only reason Ephraim and Hector came up was because they used different weapons. Basically, fans didn't want to see the same Blue Haired Sword fighters. And this was very much the same issue fans had with Chrom. Chrom made sense because he was the main character of the new and commercially successful (for the series) Fire Emblem game. But people wanted Robin because he was different. People liked the idea of Magic users as well which is why Micaiah came up when Brawl was coming out. People clearly wanted variety in the series. So Robin makes sense from that stand point because he is something new and different and not another swordsman. Hell, Sakurai makes specific mention to this fact in the Pic of the Day. Lucina is your typical Fire Emblem character in Smash, but she was likely added because people liked her. I do thing one of the things myself and others missed when looking at characters is how popular a character is verses just how popular they are for Smash.
So what does this mean for Shulk? Well, he's not in yet. Of course, the fear is always that he might not get in just as Ridley fans or K Rool fans may fear in their heart of hearts. But it seems that Sakurai does pay attention to what fans want. This is likely why he is teasing Ridley so bad because he know's Ridley will cause a torrent of excitement. The facts remains and his director was tweeting for a reason. And Shulk has yet to be deconfirmed as a trophy or AT like all the rest. My stance is I'll wait and see because you never know what happens till it actually happens. I'm hoping for Shulk and I think he stands a good chance but we'll have to wait and see.
Definitely. I agree with every one of those points. However, you missed something. This reveal also gave us this gif:

Completely worth waiting for Shulk.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Sakurai will likely spoil some aspect of Xenoblade, let me warn you with that.

So study up your info and play through before he gets to do that!
This is pretty much what i'm doing. I just saw the mentioned video people want for a reveal 2 hours before his reveal.
Tbh, I avoided this thread for the spoiler reason. As soon as I beat the game, I will be like this with the spoiler tags and any Xenoblade discussions:

At least I have more time now...

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
What if instead of Shulk we get the avatar character from X? How would you guys feel about that?
I guess I'd "learn to love" the character but It won't be the same. Let's hope for Shulk! :bluejump:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade endgame spoilers, cutscene after the final boss

When you think about it, MonadoMonday and AlvisAugust are the exact same thing

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What if instead of Shulk we get the avatar character from X? How would you guys feel about that?
I guess I'd "learn to love" the character but It won't be the same. Let's hope for Shulk! :bluejump:
I'm not certain he'd get into Smash 4 if he doesn't even have a finalized name yet, or any name or large backstory revealed.

In addition, the Monado is much stronger as a mechanic than what little we have seen out of XCX, and more feasible than the Doll mechanic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom