• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I support!

I haven't played any Xeno game at all, but I will if he looks fun to use in the game. Which one would be great for a starter?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm wondering if we'll get both Xenoblade stages shown tomorrow or if they'll only show the Wii U one. I know the 3DS would likely only be in picture form, but still, I'd wanna see what Xenoblade representation looks like on the handheld.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Now my main fear is if they'll botch up the trailer for the character, like the mistakes the Palutena trailer had with focusing far too much on the custom attacks.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Okay, I just finished Xenoblade. Now I can feel less out of place in this forum. I'm ready for Monado Monday!!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I support!

I haven't played any Xeno game at all, but I will if he looks fun to use in the game. Which one would be great for a starter?
Since you'll be caught up in Shulk hype, you'd want to get your hands on Xenoblade Chronicles. If/When you get it, stare at it for awhile and praise it, for not too many people out there have gotten a chance to physically hold such a masterpiece.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Now my main fear is if they'll botch up the trailer for the character, like the mistakes the Palutena trailer had with focusing far too much on the custom attacks.
That's definitely a primary characteristic of hers though, I personally think it made sense to show them off since they aren't just changes to her normal attacks. My only concern for the trailer would be if they don't show all the specials.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. This is definitely a fear, but hopefully I'll be too caught up in hype to care.

D

Deleted member

I bet this thread will explode with a ton of posts tomorrow!
I can't stay up... I need some sleep after all! I just wait to see that trailer rolling... I'm ready to scream my lungs out when I see the Shulkinator in action!
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
As long as we get enough moves to speculate, analyze and discuss, I'm perfectly fine with whatever they show for his moveset honestly.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I remember posting some Xenoblade stage ideas to the Smash Bros. Miiverse community. The only one I can really remember in great detail right now is one for Prison Island. Can someone tell me how to use a spoiler tag on here? I checked the BB code page but couldn't find anything on it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I hate to sound like some kind of hipster, but I'm actually dreading the spike in posts tomorrow. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy seeing the love, but conversations will become pretty damn impossible until the actual character forum goes up, and even then...

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I remember posting some Xenoblade stage ideas to the Smash Bros. Miiverse community. The only one I can really remember in great detail right now is one for Prison Island. Can someone tell me how to use a spoiler tag on here? I checked the BB code page but couldn't find anything on it.
Code:
[spoiler] *insert text here* [/spoiler]

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm kind of confused. I thought that the Gematsu leaks were emailed to the owner of Gematsu. Why is it being posted through smashboards? Can someone explain how it is known that the person behind the salromano account is the owner of Gematsu?

The reason for my questioning is if Shulk is not announced tomorrow then people would see the Gematsu leak as disproven. This could be a possible motive for a fake who dislikes Shulk or other characters in the Gematsu leak.

Also, after a look at the account's posts, the only other prediction made through smashboards is the one saying Lucas is 'probably' out (which is a little weird because you would have thought that these decisions would have been made a long time ago).

Anyways, if the connection between the account and the head of gematsu has been proven, please forgive my lack of knowledge... However, if the connection has not been proven, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well if sal did not troll about the email congrats guys and tomorrow can't wait to see whats in store from shulk (and yes im a supporter)

Hoping shulk does not get confirmed alone and hope a veteran gets confirmed with him.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I hate to sound like some kind of hipster, but I'm actually dreading the spike in posts tomorrow. I mean don't get me wrong, I'll enjoy seeing the love, but conversations will become pretty damn impossible until the actual character forum goes up, and even then...
That's new character hype for you.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Code:
[spoiler] *insert text here* [/spoiler]
Thank you

The stage would take place at the top of Prison Island during the Mechon invasion. Stage hazards would include incoming fire from both the mechon and Zanza. In my original Miiverse post I also had Metal Face throwing his ether spears as a stage hazard, but since we now know about stage bosses he would probably best serve as a boss rather than a hazard.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, midnight just hit for me a few minutes ago, so I figured I'd go ahead and handle this. If you have a thread you wanna call "dibs" on to make, let me know.

As of now:

Hokori (Me) - Shulk's Moveset Analysis/Discussion
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon - Shulk Image Gallery & Shulk Reveal Reaction
@ Banjodorf Banjodorf - Shulk Main Social & Shulk Custom Moveset
@ DaDavid DaDavid - Shulk/Xenoblade Stage Discussion

That's all so far I believe.

Last edited:

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Will this thread be deleted if shulk was announced? Or will it just be locked and we can still look at the awesome fanart and gifs? XD

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Almost wish I didn't see that Sal post, however I was pretty confident it would be Shulk regardless.

Anyways, I tried my best to finish the endgame for tomorrow, but came up short at the final area. Oh well.

This is exciting.
I'm pretty close to finishing the game myself. I was going to go to bed early but I might as well stay up ten hours and see if I can beat it (probably not).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Will this thread be deleted if shulk was announced? Or will it just be locked and we can still look at the awesome fanart and gifs? XD
It will get moved and more than likely stickied in the Shulk sub-forum and become our Social topic.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Y'know I was worried I might sleep in tomorrow and miss the reveal, but who needs sleep now? Let' ride this beautiful sunset together bronados!

Although I am still walking to tomorrow's reveal with the tiniest bit of salt. I mean didn't Sal's leaker say all six characters from the first leak would be revealed at E3 last year?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If I recall correctly, support threads of confirmed characters become the main thread of said character's own sub forum

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Would stage/AT/etc discussions be appropriate under the character sub-forum? I know they can very well be brought up in other places, but it'd be nice to have a more focused place so as to avoid the conversation drifting toward another game/franchise.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Would stage/AT/etc discussions be appropriate under the character sub-forum? I know they can very well be brought up in other places, but it'd be nice to have a more focused place so as to avoid the conversation drifting toward another game/franchise.
The Xenoblade stage in particular would be fine in the sub-forum, potential hazards, music, all that kind of stuff could be discussed in that thread. As for Assist Trophies, that may have to take place in the social for awhile since it's not exactly Shulk specific. The Xenoblade stage wouldn't exactly be Shulk specific either, but it'll be known as Shulk's home turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom