• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hands on Play with Ganondorf (I played Brawl just Today) (Japanese Version)

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
hes pretty good, i know a dude whos gonna main him. he's def one of the best characters, but i thing ganondorf is still a little better because hes stronger and if hes used correctly speed won't hurt him that much. i think that lucario may be better than him, maybe c falcon, maybe sonic, and marth seems to have gotten a buff in everything so i don't know when it comes to him.

but yeah, i don't own the game, i'm just speculating. however, i'm pretty sure ike isn't top tier.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
There's no way Lucario can be better than him cuz Ganondorf was WAAAAAAAY better than Mewtwo.

But time will tell.

I think the general consensus is that Brawl ganon> Melee Ganon, and that's good enough for me, lol

Bluefox

Smash Rookie
yeah there wont be a way to tell for sure until everyone here has played as him when the game releases, I love using him because people know he is a tank. Even going against the speed demons he still can throw down.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Thank you Kenoh, I'm by no means competitive but I always used Ganondorf and Mewtwo (but mostly Ganondorf, cause he rocks).

More powerful? Easier to do the death punch of death? I'm on board.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I think the general consensus is that Brawl ganon> Melee Ganon,
Have you talked to anyone who actually owns the game? One of my good friends is one of the best Melee Ganon players in the world. He owns Brawl and has been playing Ganon for the last month and will attest to the fact that Brawl Ganon is a LOT worse than Melee Ganon.

In fact, please point me in the direction of someone, ANYONE who actually owns the game who thinks that Ganon hasn't been gimped.

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
^^That could be just cuz he's weird.

As long as his Uair can do the same things, he's easily better.

cuz his B is easily better.

VB the same pretty much. Up B looks about the same might be a TAD less knockback, but no biggie.

Gerudo Dragon is most likely better.

And his Smash's are GODLY.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
your friend was using Ganon the way you would in Melee...

this is Brawl...the metagame isnt there yet...

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
all this Ike stuff?

What I know

Overall Ike has a better base movement (walking, running, jumping, air control) he feels close to Melee Ganondorf. But when it comes to attacking, wow, most of his attacks take a boat to china @$$ long time to come out.

Ganondorf? Overal slow, ya know... newbie on the forklift slow? jumping, moving, everything is reletively slow. But, your attacks are much faster. If you need your forward smash to have been delivered by uhhh yesterday? I suggest going G-dorf.

Its a nice way to view it. ying yang or something....
what? i'm deep!
... /pout

~Shin_Ganondorf~

obligatory guide spam. .yes its updated http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3921738#post3921738

chaos971

Smash Rookie
ike is really strong, but ganon is stronger. its a fact, ganon's moves do overall more damage. and by the way, ganon's over b has superarmor.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMSnSz_eSU

25 seconds in, ganon takes damage but pulls it off.
You're right on Ganondorf doing more overall. People can say otherwise, but it's true. I plan on using Ike second most after Ganondorf anyways.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Yeah I just watched some footy of him today and he looks sick. Alot of people dont like his new side b but it is actually going to be very useful because its fast, goes far, can grab the ledge, and sets up for combos. Arrgghhh I cant wait 4 days for brawl

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I just watched some footy of him today and he looks sick. Alot of people dont like his new side b but it is actually going to be very useful because its fast, goes far, can grab the ledge, and sets up for combos. Arrgghhh I cant wait 4 days for brawl
His side B can grab edges?

HOLY SHIZ SON!!!!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Played some matches with Ganondorf also. Everything that creator said is definitely true. It's very satisfying when I get hits in w/ my Ganny. Heck, I even got to combo well w/ the d-air surprisingly.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
if you dont fastfall when doing the dair there is no lag. kind of counter intuitive

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
if you dont fastfall when doing the dair there is no lag. kind of counter intuitive
Sort of. It's more like there will be no lag if the ENTIRE animation finishes before Ganon touches the ground. From what I hear this requires pretty exact timing-- you need to get that dair out RIGHT as you leave the ground for this to work. I hear using a quick flick up on the control stick to jump then down on the c-stick is the best way to accomplish this, so yeah, must require REALLY precise timing. I don't have the game, this is just what I've read and been told by others.

Top Bottom