• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hands on Play with Ganondorf (I played Brawl just Today) (Japanese Version)

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I just got home from playing the Japanese version of brawl at my friends house. I'm not going to discuss how he got a copy and how he was able to play it, all I'm saying is that I got to play as Ganondorf and a few other characters.

First off, Ganondorf is SLOWER than his melee version, but definitely stronger. As many of you have seen from videos, his move set is different compared to melee, but for the better. His Fan kick is a hell lot stronger along with his charge side a. I also felt that getting in his standard B move (back fist of death) is a lot easier than getting the warlock punch in melee.

For those just wanting an overal statement:
Ganondorf is a ****ing beast in brawl, I loved using him and I will continue to use him. I had no disappointments. Most of you guys will get used to his slow movement, but love it when you land the moves. No complaints.

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
thanks, you just made my freaking day.
Your very welcome.

Just restating it, I don't know why everyone is going around saying Ganondorf is terrible if they haven't played Brawl. I played it just today and did a handful of matches with Ganondorf, my main from melee, and he's more of a beast and slower. That's the only downside, his slowness. Otherwise, he's ****ing great. Anyone who used ganondorf in melee will not be disappointed with the new ganondorf.

Bob 2 Be

Smash Cadet
lol yeah ganon is pretty cool, i just unlocked him last night and i used to play him for fun in melee, but yeah..overall, ganon feels pretty cool in brawl

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
That makes no sense. He is built like a tank and he has the Triforce of POWER and he's not a strong as Ike?

Bull****.
I'm my opinion, they're pretty even. One is the strongest Fist character and the other is the strongest Sword character. They can't have ganondorf raging with power like he is in Legend of Zelda so I assumed they balanced him with Ike.

Trust me, Ganondorf is still a great character to use. I'm expecting pros who used him in melee to continue using him in brawl.

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
thank you for this kenoh this makes me feel much better
That's good, the only thing is, ganondorf is HARDER to use in brawl than he was in melee, but most of you ganondorf fans wont have a problem. That's my only warning

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
This sounds wonderful. Thanks KeNoh!
He really looks and sounds better than in melee :laugh:

This really made my day, thanks again =)

TheLoneDeranger

Smash Rookie
The slowness ruins it for me, you have to play even more evasive and tricky than you do in Melee because there is no chance you're going to get off scotch free if you miss an attack. He's fun but definitely trash.

Xx KeNoH xX

Smash Rookie
The slowness ruins it for me, you have to play even more evasive and tricky than you do in Melee because there is no chance you're going to get off scotch free if you miss an attack. He's fun but definitely trash.
Learning how to land the move is what takes skill. I've landed his warlock backfist a bunch of times with ease and my aireals for the most part land. Depends on what type of gamer you are.

Stryks

Smash Hero
My ganon is pretty fast in melee, thanx to waveland, hearing hes slower kinda dissapoints me, but with extra firepower, I cant complain, also, does he have super armor in any of his moves?

Irae

Smash Cadet

What? If you got off "scotch free" whiffing attacks in melee, then you didn't play anyone very good...

Whiffing an attack with a slow character would lead to death in melee...

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, thanks man this makes me even more excited to main him in brawl. CURSE DELAYS

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
****, id KILL for super armor during the warlock punch, oh all the possible kos... sigh
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking.

-Hey guys, we need a new Bowser! Let's slow down Ganondorf!

-Alright Saky. But, shouldn't we also give him some no-flinching frames since he's heavy?

-Forget it! I made him a clone to gain some time, not to fine-tune him with features that the Captain doesn't have! So cut me some slack! Let's ship him as is, nobody will care anyway.

-Alright boss!

Snake: Otacon, come in! Who's that red-haired guy over there? It's almost as if he's got an evil aura surrounding him!

Otacon: Snake, that's Ganondorf.

Snake: How do I fight him?

Otacon: You've fought Captain Falcon before, right?

Snake: Of course!

Otacon: SAME THING LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Snake: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(that last one wasn't actually from me, but from a Gfaqs user... I forgot his name)

Bohrain

Smash Rookie
Is he moving slower, or are his attacks slower? (sounds nooby, but Im noob)

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
He moves slower, his airials that we know to be kill moves and to be fast, are slower and don't kill as good. His smash attacks are faster, his forward tilt and thunderpunch are very fast.

Ganondorf is a ground based character now. Leave air-combat to Jigs and the PK boys.

Downtilt is a kill move and a combo starter
Dash attack is a kill move and a combo starter.

your only airials are back air and up air (for spam reasons)
Start considering Ganondorf a different character, because he is in this game. easiest way to explain it in short is just to say.

We are used to an airial combat character. We popped people up into the air and punished them. We attacked from the air, L-canceled to thunderpunch, chain grabbed and such and such.

In Brawl? we grab downthrow dash attack up airial. Down-tilt up airial, up throw up B, we stay on the ground. Forward B Techchase for the win.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I just got home from playing the Japanese version of brawl at my friends house. I'm not going to discuss how he got a copy and how he was able to play it, all I'm saying is that I got to play as Ganondorf and a few other characters.

First off, Ganondorf is SLOWER than his melee version, but definitely stronger. As many of you have seen from videos, his move set is different compared to melee, but for the better. His Fan kick is a hell lot stronger along with his charge side a. I also felt that getting in his standard B move (back fist of death) is a lot easier than getting the warlock punch in melee.

For those just wanting an overal statement:
Ganondorf is a ****ing beast in brawl, I loved using him and I will continue to use him. I had no disappointments. Most of you guys will get used to his slow movement, but love it when you land the moves. No complaints.
Ganon isn't very different at all, all they did was make him somewhat stronger, made his Up-B a usable recovery, and give him longer arms. HOWEVER, they gave him much shorter legs which changes all of the effectiveness of his kick moves, which also makes his Dair a much more harder to land move. They changed his DownB so that you can no longer use your midair jump after using it, and they made him much slower. And he's STILL A CLONE. I don't like his changes at all. But he is better looking I'll admit.

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I think you clearly understimate Ike's strength. Ike wields a.....let's just say "heavy," sword. On top of that, he kills gods (or goddesses? Same diff) Nuff said.

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
first of all ganon is not slower than melee if he was that would be practicly impossible!
i knew ganondorf would be awsome!

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
I think you clearly understimate Ike's strength. Ike wields a.....let's just say "heavy," sword. On top of that, he kills gods (or goddesses? Same diff) Nuff said.

Ganondorf is the strongest character physically n the game, get over with it.

Xkore

Smash Rookie
Thats awesome! ganondorf is my favorite because of how hard he hits, I mean his neutral a attack knocks opponents BACKWARDS...

Top Bottom