• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming 4 - 4/9/11 - Wallingford, CT

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
only way i was going to get that squirtle!!! LOL thanks sooo much for making it ... i love it .. might have to ask for another ^_~ ...

ALSO THANKS FOR REMEMBERING ME HAILEY SINCE KevM forgot to shout me out! =[

always loves to cause a SCENE!

everyone get ***** by my trash talking ... ^_^

haha I'm glad you liked squirtle :] kev realized right after he posted that he forgot you ): he said he was gonna edit it, but I don't think he had time yet!

crush

Smash Master
i didn't enter singles ... i woulda got like top 3 again ^_~

only way i was going to get that squirtle!!! LOL thanks sooo much for making it ... i love it .. might have to ask for another ^_~ ...

ALSO THANKS FOR REMEMBERING ME HAILEY SINCE KevM forgot to shout me out! =[

always loves to cause a SCENE!

everyone get ***** by my trash talking ... ^_^
i played friendlies with you right? not sure i remember correctly

Banks

Smash Hero
Singles
bracket: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9582/hog4singles.gif
1: Jman ($148) - nice to see you, good stuff winning
2: th0rn ($62) - nice falco bro, good stuff in teams
3: Swift ($44) - good games, you definitely just know what you are doing in that matchup more than i do
4: $Mike ($25) - damn son, getting 4th?! good ****. shoutouts to the photoshoot
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - good games your bowser is like speedy gonzales on yoshi's
5: Banks ($12) - 5th for life
7: Spawn - double shine wreckage! good games, really nice falco
7: G$ - nice sets, we'll have to re-rematch next time. i can never get too much G$
9: KevinM - gg's in teams, we'll def have to play next time
9: Mafia - good times fri, we didn't play much at the venue but we shall next time
9: Unknownforce - sheik dittos oh yea, def a lot of fun
9: Phish-It - gg's in teams grrrr
13: MattDotZeb - we didn't play but we will next time
13: Jinjo - you have loads of potential, keep it up
13: S L O X - gg's in pools, we'll get in more friendlies next time

Singles Amatuer
bracket: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5296/hog4amatuer.gif
1: TWebb ($24.75) - good stuff on first
2: Diesel ($24.75) - damn you was rapin with that ganon power
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50) - nice falco
4: g - nice fox
5: Boxman - you almost had those sets
5: Crush - future champion
7: Aber - gg's in pools
7: zebra - gg's in pools
9: Silus - nice to see you man
9: Strawhats - nice to see you
9: Megaman 360 - nice name
9: Pyn - nice name

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thx hailey that was my 1st tourney match hope to play u soon
Jinjo fun matches as well
Yeah Mega, good game btw hope we can play more next time. Sorry that it seemed everytime we tried to sit down we got kicked off haha.

Alu: <3333333333333 I'm sorry bay thought I'd see you at the top of the list not used to you not entering tournaments because you play super down back fighter four: Charge Characters Edition (Fat Man included) how about you just sit down and eat your food instead of causing a scene.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yeah Mega, good game btw hope we can play more next time. Sorry that it seemed everytime we tried to sit down we got kicked off haha.

Alu: <3333333333333 I'm sorry bay thought I'd see you at the top of the list not used to you not entering tournaments because you play super down back fighter four: Charge Characters Edition (Fat Man included) how about you just sit down and eat your food instead of causing a scene.
hahaha <3

you da besss

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Ffffffffffffff, I completely forgot about this! I don't regret missing it though, I made $800 from roulette at Foxwoods xD.

No matter what, I'm making the next one.

zebra

Smash Cadet
you would have 3 stocked me that game probably i think if mattdotzeb didnt tell me to spam lasers. even without the sd you're right you still probably would have won
You don't even know how much better my life would be if MDZ didn't give me advice....

sorry if you find me annoying but on a list of things i don't care about your opinion is pretty high up
God damn.

Ffffffffffffff, I completely forgot about this! I don't regret missing it though, I made $800 from roulette at Foxwoods xD.
We tried to call you last weekend for a crew battle at my house but you never answered your phone =( We need to play more o.0

Cort - I saw you. I saw you do it.

1: Jman ($148) didnt play, nice job winning
3: Swift ($44) Good **** on moving to BPT (the only time moving to bridgeport is a good thing? <.<) Also you've gotta teach me how to play top tiers...
4: $Mike ($25) MONEEEY MIIIKE's FALCON
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) You messed me up in friendlies just like you did when we played for like 45 minutes at pound, but yeah, you're too good at this game >.<
5: Banks ($12) ggs in pools, Shiek's looking pretty gay with those backairs

9: Mafia "NEVER play Ice Climbers again. All you did was wobble and forward-smash. It made me want to vomit". I don't know why so mad, but wow.
9: Garbage we played for a bit, you're mad good brah, keep practicing to stay loose and **** at the next tourney
13: MattDotZeb LOLOK so the funniest thing ever. When you were recruiting people for amateur bracket and then getting it started up Crush's father (Yes, this kid's FATHER came to the tournament) came over to you and was like over 9000 mad about how it was already nine pm and it was mad late for his 11 year old son to be staying up playing video games. You got MAAAAD respectful and you were like "Uuuuh yeah, sorry it's going so late, uuh, we don't have enough setups........" And in my mind I was just laughing for the rest of the day about that but yeah also "Why would you moonwalk in a match?"? Funniest of all time.
13: S L O X madometerisoutofcontrol

Singles Amatuer

2: Diesel Commentary's mad funny, keep it up
3: Super Duper Collin Good **** beating S L O X, I'm mad proud
4: g - didn't play, but it looks like you got a lot better since we played in bracket like over 9000 tournaments ago

5: Boxman idk why you were so mad when I said I would just wobble in amateur bracket,, I was half kidding...
5: Crush just... When we were playing teams and I went Puff, and you randomly say "You should have upaired. I play Jigglypuff, I know". I just... You're good, better than me, but don't let your ego get so big that you get ***** by Diesel irl :awesome: Also WTF at your dad I turn around and he's there when I'm trying to make a **** joke and idk but it killed the mood like a million times when your father came out of nowhere...
7: Aber - Good matches man both of our battles were close I thought we should play again soon that marth is lookin' pretty sexy
7: zebra What? you only got ONE shoutout in four pages of shoutouts?!? That sucks man...
9: Strawhats lol
9: Megaman 360 Good matches in ameteur bracket, although you sounded pretty mad when you were like "How old are you? "Uuh 19... How old are you?" "I'm fourteen"
HaileyM - Looking even better at every tournament, keep it up
And anyone else I forgot, I love you too. Couldn't sleep so decided to do shoutouts....

I heart this game, it's the greatest.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
13: MattDotZeb LOLOK so the funniest thing ever. When you were recruiting people for amateur bracket and then getting it started up Crush's father (Yes, this kid's FATHER came to the tournament) came over to you and was like over 9000 mad about how it was already nine pm and it was mad late for his 11 year old son to be staying up playing video games. You got MAAAAD respectful and you were like "Uuuuh yeah, sorry it's going so late, uuh, we don't have enough setups........" And in my mind I was just laughing for the rest of the day about that but yeah also "Why would you moonwalk in a match?"? Funniest of all time.
Was he mad? I just wanted to apologize to him since I understood that it started late and he was there with his kid. He seemed to enjoy the atmosphere though which was really cool.

Also wtf is with the moonwalk thing? XD I still don't understand why s l o x said that.

Pyn

Smash Rookie
other kid in my pool, I forgot your tag, sorry ): but fun matches! sorry that you got trash talked so hard on your birthday ):
Lol np, yeah i had a lot of fun with our games we should definitely play again sometime

bolt.

Smash Ace
Lol np, yeah i had a lot of fun with our games we should definitely play again sometime
Pyn makes his first post... about damn time!

1: Jman - Yo
2: th0rn - Your falco is beast!
3: Swift - We need to play at least a little bit before you move to bridgeport. Good job at this!
4: $Mike - You are amazing to watch play.
5: DJ Nintendo - Thanks for the friendlies! It was awesome playing against you as much as I did. I learned a lot!
5: Banks - Nice shiek.
7: Spawn - I can't wait for your falco to be ready and on point. We should play this weekend.
7: G$ - Yo
9: KevinM - Good set in teams. "Let me grab him..." lol
9: Mafia - Nice set. I'll at least beat your falcon next time! :D
9: Garbage - Yo
9: Phish-It - I enjoyed watching you play friendlies with the_cam_factor.
13: MattDotZeb - Great job running this. This was the most fun I have ever had a local tourny! The amateur bracket was a great idea!
13: Jinjo - Yo
13: S L O X - $1,000 mm falco dittos:)
1: TWebb - Thanks for all the fox practice! Your fox is so smooth and fun to play against!
2: Diesel - Can't wait to play you again. Next time I'll try to avoid being shield grabbed x 100! Great ganon though!
3: Super Duper Colin - WOAH that's me!
4: g - We didn't get to play at all. =(
5: Boxman - Our sets were fun. We need to play lots of friendlies at the next tourny we're both at.
5: Crush - REVERSE KEN COMBO!!! Haha good set man.
7: Aber - Not quite yet sir.
7: zebra - TROLL
9: Silus - Hello
9: Strawhats - Black steve... where are you at? Make sure to give me a pm next time your playing.
9: Megaman 360 - Yo
9: Pyn - Melee melee melee melee falcon melee melee melee. I'll see you soon for more melee.
DD - Good set! It was awesome to see you at this. I can't wait for our next set.
Yedi - Nice friendlies. Make sure Jeff plays with you guys at wpi.
HaileyM - I enjoyed watching your set vs pyn. Well played!
Cort - We need to play soon.
Axelslam - Step it up... I suppose... good friendlies!
Proskater - Great to see you! I'll talk to you this week so we can get some friendlies in. Your advice was very helpful.

Special shout-outs
Jeff Ducki - You are my hero! I can't wait until you get home so we can play more, but until then try to play with the wpi crew.

THE CAM FACTOR - I'm happy that we finally got to team but not happy with the result. Next time we have to step and do much better. I think I'll try fox next time. See you this weekend!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - Too oldschool. Next time I'll ask you to sit down and teach me because old school players are like, a thousand times too smart for me.
I got you. I only play friendlies for that reason, to teach and help people get better.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - Battle Tower is bull****.
It definitely is but its mad fun lol.

5: DJ Nintendo <- sorry I haven't added you on fb, so much respect tho. ($12 <- should have entered amateurs)
No need to be sorry. Search Hendrick Pilar on FB. Nah son, no amateurs for me lol. I always aim to win. Too bad I choke too much lol.

DJ Nintendo ($12) - ggs DJ. first time playing a legit samus/mario
Legit? Not the way I was playing against you lol. Good **** on capitalizing on all my mistakes and gettin' that win. You definitely combo'ed me mad hard and you're mad good. Good games and I'll get you next time.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12)-thank u for saving me in those doubles. but dead serious our teamwork was nasty we may have something here
Yeah no problem. Our teamwork was definitely on some crazy ****. I believe we do have something here. Lets try it out more against tougher teams to see how it goes.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12): Sup homie, I see you lookin cute with your garb characters.
Not cute enough lol. Quit for not having a Bowser ditto with the kid lol.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - didn't play, fun time at ihop though!
Word, good times. Next time we gotta play. I seen you ****** though :)

Singles
bracket: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9582/hog4singles.gif5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - good games your bowser is like speedy gonzales on yoshi's
Good games. I pretty much only played Falco because he's mad fun and I'm gonna use him in tournament soon.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12) You messed me up in friendlies just like you did when we played for like 45 minutes at pound, but yeah, you're too good at this game >.<
Thanks. Next time ask me for the advice of love lol.

5: DJ Nintendo - Thanks for the friendlies! It was awesome playing against you as much as I did. I learned a lot!
No problem. Always willing to help out the kids :)

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
1: Jman: Good job ******... I didn't get to play against you this tournament :(
2: th0rn: You're too good Billy, you'll get him next time.
3: Swift: Damn, I almost had you in pools... tight set. Definitely gonna put in more work with my fox dittos so I don't get ****ed up.
4: $Mike: your falcon is too good. Thanks for ****** me in the bracket, I was starting to think Falcon was easy prey O_o
5: DJ Nintendo: Didn't play against you i think...
5: Banks: I don't think we got to play at all this whole weekend...? Not like you live 20 min away or anything haha.
7: Spawn: didn't play:(
7: G$: We kept getting interrupted during our games. Can't let that happen next time. Love Marth dittos, i don't care what ppl say.
9: KevinM: I know, right? We need to play more friendlies, agreed.
9: Mafia: You're making a lot of progress, dude. Good ****. I'm taking you down next tournament though, so watch your back. :p
9: Garbage: Didn't play you.
9: Phish-It: We played teams I think?
13: MattDotZeb: I suck. LOL JK you're pretty good, ggs.
13: Jinjo: Play more.
13: S L O X: You def look like you got better. Def gotta play friendlies next time.

1: TWebb: You def got a lot better... I'm surprised you didn't make the bracket.
2: Diesel: You got so much better man, nice! Great first set against TWebb in GFs.
5: Boxman: Yo man. Thanks for driving back for me. Way too tired to drive...
5: Crush: that's some pretty good tech skill you have for your age... keep up the work. you'll probably **** us all soon.
HaileyM: that first game was legit, my fox vs peach game def needs some work lol. You are getting really good, Kevin must be putting in some work training you. Keep it up!

Anyone else I missed, GGs. I'm terrible with names/gamertags and I don't really use smashboards that often, so don't take it personally. Fun tournament!

bolt.

Smash Ace
Alukard - I can't believe I forgot to give you a shout out. =/
Anyway, thanks for the advice about cross-ups, nice work winning teams, and see you on the 30th!

crush

Smash Master
5: Crush just... When we were playing teams and I went Puff, and you randomly say "You should have upaired. I play Jigglypuff, I know". I just... You're good, better than me, but don't let your ego get so big that you get ***** by Diesel irl :awesome:
sorry did not mean to sound like that plus im not very good the times i won were from getting lucky/spamming lasers.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alukard - I can't believe I forgot to give you a shout out. =/
Anyway, thanks for the advice about cross-ups, nice work winning teams, and see you on the 30th!
np bro ... keep that spirit alive ... only way to win is to have that drive! =]

also are the doubles finals up yet?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
13: MattDotZeb - Great job running this. This was the most fun I have ever had a local tourny! The amateur bracket was a great idea!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I'm going to continue doing the amateur bracket at my events. If you have any friends who are just getting into smash/don't attend tournaments often tell them about this and bring them :)

Aber

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I'm going to continue doing the amateur bracket at my events. If you have any friends who are just getting into smash/don't attend tournaments often tell them about this and bring them :)
Yeah I agree it was a great idea

unknown522

Some guy
Wow. Strawhats; the guy who likes to talk a lot of **** and makes so many condescending posts towards good players, gets last in the amateur bracket.........

i see....

Also, good **** Jesus!

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...unknown wtf.

I respect everyone in this community. When was the last time I posted condescending **** towards a good player. Also I really didn't want to play in amateur brackets, but MDZ convinced me to do otherwise. Eitherway, that being said, all of the guys I played, even in Amateur brackets are pretty good at this game.

I don't really know what I've done to deserve such disdain. Either way, I think you're a pretty cool guy :)

With that I'll leave my shoutouts to all the people that made this event a blast.

First off to all:
Zebra: too good placing higher than me in amateur bracket.
Sl0x: kid keeps getting better after every tournament. Good **** making it into bracket.
Bolt: i'll definitely pm you the next time me, zebra, and detres(sl0x) play. Much <3
Axel Slam: such a cool kid doesn't afraid of loving Sonic(legit fast food place)
Phish-it: thank you so much for ****** me with low tiers, and then whipping out that DK
DJN: dude, like sl0x i need to sit down with you next time and pick your brain.
ProSk8tr(Joe): sorry we didn't get to play man. Next time for sure :)
MDZ: thanks for talking me into playing amateur bracket, although I wasn't really into doing it. Turned out to be kind of fun.
mafia: GGs in pools
aber: you've gotten alot better dude, keep it up.
megaman: it was nice meeting you msn :)
crush: holy **** kid you're pretty good at this game. Glad we got to play for a bit. I see big things happening for you down the road. Not to mention you've shown the potential to be the best at something. (pro Yugioh player ftw)
Twebb: sorry we didn't get to play at all this time man. Nice seeing you as always.
Banks; good seeing you and Thorn again man. Good times from RoM 3.
Thorn:you and your bro ***** me and zebra in teams.
$Mike: money mike's falcon...nuff said. Seriously though Pay Day may be my favorite falcon combo vid since like IKM2. BTW...Sl0x loves you. lol
Swift: being amazing as usual. nice seeing you again Tim
Jman: is it me or do you and hax never go to CT together lol. Good **** taking home dat money.

zebra

Smash Cadet
Was he mad? I just wanted to apologize to him since I understood that it started late and he was there with his kid. He seemed to enjoy the atmosphere though which was really cool.

Also wtf is with the moonwalk thing? XD I still don't understand why s l o x said that.
Naah, I'm just joking, just like you were when you said you wanted to team with me. Also the moonwalk thing? Still the funniest.

Top Bottom