• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming 4 - 4/9/11 - Wallingford, CT

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Very fun tournament. Glad everyone made it out. I dunno what happened to a rumored NJ car though.

See you all at MM.

Videos by Diesel
http://www.youtube.com/user/twist448?feature=mhum

Singles
bracket: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9582/hog4singles.gif
1: Jman ($148)
2: th0rn ($62)
3: Swift ($44)
4: $Mike ($25)
5: DJ Nintendo ($12)
5: Banks ($12)
7: Spawn
7: G$
9: KevinM
9: Mafia
9: Garbage
9: Phish-It
13: MattDotZeb
13: Jinjo
13: S L O X

Singles Amatuer
bracket: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5296/hog4amatuer.gif
1: TWebb ($24.75)
2: Diesel ($24.75)
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50)
4: g
5: Boxman
5: Crush
7: Aber
7: zebra
9: Silus
9: Strawhats
9: Megaman 360
9: Pyn

Doubles
bracket: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3515/hog4doubles.gif
1: veterans (Alu + Jman) ($60.50)
2: Fleshwang (th0rn + Banks) ($33.00)
3: Smell that bread (G$ + DJN) ($16.50)
4: YO DEY GOT MU****A IN DIS GAME?!?! (KevinM + $Mike)
5: **** (Phish-It + T Webb)
5: Ruining your anime (Swift + S l o x)
7: Ice Grilling Those *****es (Dark Dragoon + Boxman)
7: Call us Charlie Sheen cuz we're winning (Mafia + MattDotZeb)
9: Do you think a baby could eat another baby? (Pro Skater + Diesel)
9: Cloin and Camera (Super Duper Collin + Cam Factor)
9: Zebra's wearing straw hats (Strawhats + Zebra)

Shoutouts to Boxman-
Have a safe trip home.

I'll have pools up in a few days.

S l o X

Smash Champion
1: Jman ($148) - pretty happy i didn't have to play you this time around.
2: th0rn ($62)
3: Swift ($44) - let me know when you move, honestly i'm thinking about takin this game a little more seriously aka actually learning matchups and stuff. so much potential once you move.
4: $Mike ($25) - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MIKES FALCON! I seriously do love you though. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? ADD ME ON FACEBOOK.
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - Too oldschool. Next time I'll ask you to sit down and teach me because old school players are like, a thousand times too smart for me.
5: Banks ($12) - ftilt. 5th place. gg.
7: Spawn - who? (;
9: Mafia - live with me. no, live IN me.
9: Phish-It - lol battlefield. next time i'm playing mad gay against dk, i got *****. <3
13: MattDotZeb - WHY WOULD YOU MOONWALK IN A MATCH?
13: Jinjo - you definitely looking more refined then i remember. good ****.
13: S L O X - quietest cockiest smasher of all time?

1: TWebb ($24.75) - step it up on the counterpicks, sheik isn't THAT hard.
2: Diesel ($24.75) - commentate on all matches please.
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50) - falco dittos are the answer to all the worlds issues.

4: YO DEY GOT MU****A IN DIS GAME?!?! (KevinM + $Mike) i love you mike.
5: **** (Phish-It + T Webb) **** *****es.
5: Ruining your anime (Swift + S l o x) first time teaming, next time we'll win money. i want to learn sheik for doubles too, sadasadawqewqxd.

cort: i was watching.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
1: Jman ($148) - You're a pretty cool guy. Schooled the **** out of me in friendlies.
2: th0rn ($62) - You gotta be more confident man! You could have beaten JMan no problem.
3: Swift ($44) - You gotta be more confident man! You could have won this no problem.
4: $Mike ($25) - Good seeing you man. Good times as always.
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - Battle Tower is bull****.
5: Banks ($12) - Maine should visit WPI eventually soon. Probably next year at this rate.
7: Spawn - I miss you more than you can even imagine.
7: G$ - Head of the table, picking up the tab.
9: KevinM - 9th place? Get the **** out.
9: Mafia - I love being your love cushion/car seat.
9: Garbage - lolwhyaren'tyouunknownforce?
9: Phish-It - Hi.
13: MattDotZeb - MATT
13: Jinjo - Did not get to play [much?] with you.
13: S L O X - Nice to see you sir!

1: TWebb ($24.75) - Gratz!
2: Diesel ($24.75) - You're lucky I didn't stay for Amateur bracket. ;P
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50) - HELL YEAH.
4: g - Nice, almost in that money mangz.
5: Boxman - <3
5: Crush - I am SO hyped to see you improve bro. Tell your dad to take you down to WPI to play with us some weekend, we'll get you mad good mad quick.

Others - <3 You all.
-DD

Brookman

Smash Hero
1: Jman ($148)---v--
2: th0rn ($62) <--dat falco
3: Swift ($44) ----^
4: $Mike ($25) <- like
5: DJ Nintendo <- sorry I haven't added you on fb, so much respect tho. ($12 <- should have entered amateurs)
5<- like -> Banks ($12 <-should have entered amateurs)
7: Spawn
7: G$
9: KevinM
9: Mafia dat peach
9: Phish-It MURT
13: MattDotZeb
13: Jinjo
13: S L O X

Singles Amatuer <- like
bracket: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5296/hog4amatuer.gif
1: TWebb ($24.75) <-like
2: Diesel ($24.75)
3: Super Duper Collin ($5.50)
4: g
5: Boxman
5: Crush
7: Aber
7: zebra
9: Silas** <- like
9: Strawhats
9: Megaman 360
9: Pyn

**** man. @ NY/Hax: is Hax/are you still using my controller?

$mike

Smash Ace
Jman ($148) - good ****. friendlies next time

th0rn ($62) - :{{{{{{

Swift ($44) - end of our last match was ****ing bull**** LOL. ggs, glad i finally got to play you. im moving to danbury next semester btw. no idea if that's close to you but if it's anywhere nearby we should play when the time comes.

$Mike ($25) - :embarrass:

DJ Nintendo ($12) - ggs DJ. first time playing a legit samus/mario

Banks ($12) - facebook photoshoot should be up in no time. good times friday

G$ - there's nothing left to say after what happened in our last friendly LOL

KevinM - hay bayb. hats off to us for not getting last in teams despite not playing like at all before the tournament. also shoutouts to you releasing your harnessed power in that one match, DDDWAM. i look forward to the next WPI + boston get together... **** im tired of waiting c'mon

Mafia - sup

MattDotZeb - gj running another one of these

Jinjo - you did pretty well at this, just keep working at it

S L O X - Lol... you love me? i see your location is the 203, to which i will be relocating next semester. hit me up

rest of WPI -
yedi - lol @ your name actually being yedi. totally thought you were kidding when i asked before. enter next time
hailey - i attribute any success in tournament to that amazing bracelet. LOL good **** getting crepes
nick - m2 > sheik?... must be because of that purple attire you had to empower your m2 skills

boxman - ****in' melloni

stephen - my *****.

Diesel ($24.75) - my *****.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
danbury is relatively closer. about 50min from where I will be moving in connecticut. we can def hook up and play.

Anthony I will be moving at the end of the month. training will be godlike since u'd be like 5min away. I want you to be my teams partner in training.

shoutouts later I guess.

jinjo you are def better than I remember, def some progress made.

slox thx for teaming with me. we can have something good going if we practice. you follow instructions very well and thats how we beat kevm and mikemoney. =).

g$ lol about to get DQ'd!!!

brian you are so right. i shouldve stayed fox as much as i do like him. ggs of course.

jman I almost had you. im not going to lose any fox dittos to anyone else other than you or eggm.

thorn crap I cant seem to get over the hump. I think my fox did its best vs you in a while, guess i shouldve stayed.

banks you seem to make more mistakes than you usually do vs me.

$mike i got lucky lol i think you had me. i really wanted to go marth but i feel that I may not have done well under the pressure with him.

hailey peach dittos were not a good idea, you got momentum for the next game.

phish-it I got lucky with that tipper.

disiel you r getting better too.

everyone keep playing you are improving. good stuff amatuer bracket guys.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Another enjoyable event! Nice meeting the NYC smashers who are really cool and funny guys. Also lots of fun hanging out with the WPI group (thx again DarkDragoon!) and getting Ihop.

Shoutouts to everyone there for making this game continue to be awesome.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
1: Jman ($148)- GREAT PLAYIN U!!!!! i always learn so much about fox when i play u gotta do it gain next time we meet
2: th0rn ($62)- u went secondary vs every1 else in our pool except me =( i cud had takin that jiggs or falcon
3: Swift ($44)- gratz on placin in da $$$$. believe in fox the character is too beast not to believe in him
4: $Mike ($25)- loved our pools match like ur falcon extra smooth
5: DJ Nintendo ($12)-thank u for saving me in those doubles. but dead serious our teamwork was nasty we may have something here
5: Banks ($12)-nice seeing u
7: G$-IHOP NUKKA but i couldnt show because am brack didnt end until 11:15
9: KevinM: kevinm i gotta get respect poinnts man i took all 8 stocks in tourney. but seriously u r def the coolest smasher alive
9: Mafia- congratz winning our mm nice set BUT ur very annoyin and i prefer u leave me alone
9: Phish-It- MONK pullin thru i c lol
13: MattDotZeb- fun mm ur good i believe that was the 1st time i played u since rom 2 i was rilly smashed out tho so rematch next time before 10 hours of smash lol
13: Jinjo-nice seeing u again u def got better keep it up
13: S L O X- i see ur getting alot better its only a matter of time till u start placing in that money
TWebb- kongo jungle and sheik dont mix
2: Diesel- ur ganons edgeguarding and wavelands are incredible i was smashed out but so were u so good stuff
3: Super Duper Collin- bolt ur falco was lookin extra sick give it time and it will be soooo beast
4: g -ur fox is kool
5: Boxman - we played for a lil ur fox/marth was ok but they need to captialize more on obvious mistakes but i no ur jiggs wud had so good job
5: Crush -ur falco be lookin mad cute out there cant wait to see where u go in the future. falco version of jman
Unknownforce-ur sheik is so fundamental its beautiful. u played extra homo vs me at kongo but u gotta do what u gotta do

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
1: Jman ($148): My little baby thug! Good seein you homie thanks for the "set?" in pools, after asking you to play it for real I think just for a second there, you might have been slackin ;).

2: th0rn ($62): I'm definitely getting closer, you better watch your back :p. Good set in teams and in singles, I definitely am gunning to beat you next.

3: Swift ($44): We didn't play at all which is a real shame but a pleasure to see you and your girl as always and a pleasure to trash talk you during your set with Hailey :D.

4: $Mike ($25): WUSS GOOD BAY, Yeah we did pretty well for never teaming before and it was a lot of fun, if we ever do again you know we're gonna be placin in that money. And you know I had to activate that SSJ4 mode during game 2.. cause otherwise that MIGHTA been my fault.

5: DJ Nintendo ($12): Sup homie, I see you lookin cute with your garb characters.
5: Banks ($12): lol 5th. We didn't play like at all but good set in doubles, I was hoping we would have played.

7: Spawn: Good game man, nice seeing you again. Tight I couldn't tech the U-tilts, I gotchu next time ;).

7: G$: YO IHOPTEEZY, can't wait to see you again man. It's gonna be ridiculous, glad you decided to come out to this cause its always a blast. What was I sayin, oh wait "I'm done"

9: KevinM: Lol bad.

9: Mafia: Good money matches mang, you know I had to clutch it out after you kept taking me to Yoshi's saying you were gonna beat me because you were better then me. got that 2-0 2-0 status on you ;). I'm ahead now so we gotta keep doing them haha. It was a lot of fun seeing you and your waffle LOL see you next week hopefully.

9: Garbage: Kyle! Glad you're back in the community man one of these times I will actually go to the Rhode Island weeklies lol so we can play more, but until then it was a lot of fun playing at WPI and good **** today at the tournament.

9: Phish-It: So mad at you for that last game on Brinstar, you're lucky we're Murt brothers or my tightness would be extreme levels. Pleasure to see you, wish we had played more after that set but I think I only saw you a few times. EXTRA HUGE

13: MattDotZeb: GGs man, fox is gay.

13: Jinjo: We didn't play like at all, we should fix that next time. Hey we weren't in the same pool for once this time.

13: S L O X: Good job making bracket. You and Swift's team strat was so gay, I felt utterly ignored the entire game haha.

Boxman: Good seeing you Trevor it was a lot of fun talking to you, also haha @ when I asked Cort to play and you were like suree don't ask the kid with a controller in his hand.

TWebb: Good matches, sorry that I had to take two respect points away right after you had earned one.. that's pretty rough. But don't worry one day you'll get to a point where instead of actively insulting you I just don't know who you are ;). Haha ttys soon man.

Yedi: Real talk yedi nothing fake before I was lying it's always mad funny joking around with you at Ihop and in the car. Definitely shoulda entered you Janky *** not enterin lookin *****. *throws controller* I'm out.

G: Good sets in pools, falcon was just too strong.

Deez: My dudeeee better not go to maine next week when we come up, definitely wanna see more of that ganon slickness, brinstar was definitely the best choice for any and all options. Good **** in the amateur bracket.

Nick: Come on man step it up you can definitely make it out of pools, we gotta keep training you up, focus on your games and let me know whats beating you.

HaileyM: I love you baby! Good job at the tournament! You're the best, keep training I definitely thought you would have gotten out of your pool but still way better then before. You're 2-0ing people in pools now, now its just getting that one extra step and beating people that are a little above you. You've got it don't worry I can train you up :p.

Ryu Cloud: I see you homie ;).

PK Webb

Smash Champion
but kevin 8 STOCKS IN TOURNEY 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nick: Come on man step it up you can definitely make it out of pools, we gotta keep training you up, focus on your games and let me know whats beating you.
I...I think its time.

-DD

Max?

Smash Champion
Good **** to Jesus for winning.

Good **** to Yedi for entering singles.

Good **** to Alukard for entering singles.

Good **** to TFS for going and ****** everyone there as usual.

TL;DR version:

This tournament sucked because I didn't go.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
This was a pretty good tourney. Had some fun. Shoutouts to errbody I played and commentated with.

I should've got2nd in amateurs but I sded vs diesel which made me lose the set
You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your counterpick!... Self Destructin' not laser spammin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of tech skill didn't blow the welds on your controller! You almost had me?

PK Webb

Smash Champion
im dead serious matt keep that kid away from me a younger me wud had disconnected his jaw but im older now and realize violence jus causes issues so i didnt do nothin but my god dude commented on every tourney match i had and i didnt bother him @ all during his matches. a lil respect goes a long way in my book and he gets none from me now

crush

Smash Master
This was a pretty good tourney. Had some fun. Shoutouts to errbody I played and commentated with.

You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your counterpick!... Self Destructin' not laser spammin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of tech skill didn't blow the welds on your controller! You almost had me?

wwaaahhhhh?

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Its a reference to a movie that was big before you were old enough to see it. You're mad good, but you probably weren't going to take that game even without the SD. Don't get cocky, just get hype. We'll play more next tourney, mah doo!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
crush got his goals set hi and i like that he gonna be a problem soon so get ya jokes in while u can

crush

Smash Master
Its a reference to a movie that was big before you were old enough to see it. You're mad good, but you probably weren't going to take that game even without the SD. Don't get cocky, just get hype. We'll play more next tourney, mah doo!
you would have 3 stocked me that game probably i think if mattdotzeb didnt tell me to spam lasers. even without the sd you're right you still probably would have won

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
rofl twebb
the only time i said anything was when you were playing vs $mike or diesel, people who i play with every damn day
sorry if you find me annoying but on a list of things i don't care about your opinion is pretty high up

Brookman

Smash Hero
yO, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT TRIVIAL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOUrSELVES TAKE IT OUT of THE rESULTS THrEAD

Brookman, T. Webb, The Irish Mafia, the_CAM_factor, Aber, th0rn, knuckleface88, Diesel

PK Webb

Smash Champion
brook dont worry its done wit now anyways **** tourney cant wait to play every1 even u maf i want my 10 back and brookman where were u???

Brookman

Smash Hero
you would have 3 stocked me that game probably i think if mattdotzeb didnt tell me to spam lasers. even without the sd you're right you still probably would have won
nAH bRO, yOU WOULD HAVE dOMINATeD WITHOUT THAT sd. yOU gOT THIS NEXt TIME.

@ WEBBBY: i SPENT THE DAY WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. THEN WENT OVER TO CCSU AT NIGHT AND THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH IT. PART OF ME WANTED TO GO BUT I JUST COULDN'T GET MYSELF TO.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
nAH bRO, yOU WOULD HAVE dOMINATeD WITHOUT THAT sd. yOU gOT THIS NEXt TIME.

@ WEBBBY: i SPENT THE DAY WITH MY GIRLFRIEND. THEN WENT OVER TO CCSU AT NIGHT AND THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH IT. PART OF ME WANTED TO GO BUT I JUST COULDN'T GET MYSELF TO.
You are literally trolling me with caps lock right now.
-DD

th0rn

Smash Lord
im dead serious matt keep that kid away from me a younger me wud had disconnected his jaw but im older now and realize violence jus causes issues so i didnt do nothin but my god dude commented on every tourney match i had and i didnt bother him @ all during his matches. a lil respect goes a long way in my book and he gets none from me now
its funny that you say that because during that tourney there were moments when I felt the same way.

if i didnt feel the little rascal has aspergers....LOLj/k

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I ain't mad at Mafia when he trash talks me :3 haha.

Also @ MDZ, amateur might have more entrants but you have to hold it way earlier.. by the time 8:30 came around a lot of us didn't want to wait another 2-3 hours for our crewmates to play when we could all just get food.

I know Hailey and Nick were just like.. nah food sounds better right about now.

Hold it right after first round is over and split up the tvs into amateur and regular if you're set on AM bracket.. doing so means more hype for sets in both brackets as well since people have to watch while it goes on.

Ideally you could have had like 4 Tourney TVs 4 AM Tourney TVs 2 Friendly Sets past first round and been set.

Just my .02

HaileyM

Smash Apprentice
1: Jman ($148)- didn't play, fun time at ihop though!
2: th0rn ($62)- didn't play
3: Swift ($44) - it was good to see you! fun pools matches, thought I had you! :D
4: $Mike ($25) - glad you liked the bracelet, we'll def come to Boston soon, make sure chatroulette tom is ready. also what's so funny about crepes? loool
5: DJ Nintendo ($12) - didn't play, fun time at ihop though!
5: Banks ($12) - i feel like i didnt see you at all this tournament. come play @ wpi soon!
7: Spawn - didn't play
7: G$ - yooooo! fun times at ihop, i'm glad you came to this tournament :]
9: KevinM - cuuuute. i love youu and i love watchin your matches :] you get better every time, you're so good. but one day I WILL beat you ;] also thanks for supporting me and cheering me on <33
9: Mafia - thanks for always givin me that peach support/advice :] see you in boston soon, hopefully next week!
9: Garbage - it was cool to meet you! you're soo good especially for being rusty
9: Phish-It - didn't play, btw my little cousin calls bowser murt now, thanks to kevin calling him that, you should be proud haha
13: MattDotZeb - good pools matches
13: Jinjo - fun pools matches, we should play more next time
13: S L O X - didn't play

Alu- IHOPPPP :] I'm glad you came, and thanks for trash talkin for me in my matches, #1 hypeeeee

Joe- we have to play next time, it sucks that every time we tried to play people had tournament matches ):

Yedi- yo why you hatin' on donuts, you so whack, janky *** donut hatin'

Nick- yeahhh for us not makin it out of pools, next time we have to rep wpi better.

crush- you're sooo good! you should come play @ wpi with us.

Boxman- girl power is too good! :]

megaman- fun pools matches!

other kid in my pool, I forgot your tag, sorry ): but fun matches! sorry that you got trash talked so hard on your birthday ):

Alukard

Smash Hero
Good **** to Jesus for winning.

Good **** to Yedi for entering singles.

Good **** to Alukard for entering singles.

Good **** to TFS for going and ****** everyone there as usual.

TL;DR version:

This tournament sucked because I didn't go.
i didn't enter singles ... i woulda got like top 3 again ^_~

Alu- IHOPPPP :] I'm glad you came, and thanks for trash talkin for me in my matches, #1 hypeeeee
only way i was going to get that squirtle!!! LOL thanks sooo much for making it ... i love it .. might have to ask for another ^_~ ...

ALSO THANKS FOR REMEMBERING ME HAILEY SINCE KevM forgot to shout me out! =[

always loves to cause a SCENE!

everyone get ***** by my trash talking ... ^_^

Top Bottom