• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Perfect! The Amiibo functionality prediction is something I can imagine being true in the end.
and they really need to give more functionalities to the Third Party Amiibos; :\/.. Project X Zone 2 is the perfect opportunity!

I'm pretty excited for this E3! =)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I got none (yet). :\/... if you guys are aware about all the complaints on how hard is to find Amiibos, you don't even know how it is around here on Brazil.. ugh... You can even find, but each figure is almost as expensive as a game. ... So, I always have to choose X_X. .. But I guess I'd put some money on a Ryu Amiibo. =P

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
The whole Amiibo being hard to find them is really why I haven't bothered with getting any more. But I think I'd try my luck at a Ryu Amiibo even though that's probably going to be impossible once it comes around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh how i hope. (Nintendo costumes in SF would be nice. Just like the costumes in Tekken Tag 2)
Ryu as Mario, Ken as Luigi, Cammy as Zero Suit Samus, Blanka as Donkey Kong, Chun Li as Wii Fit Trainer, Bison as Ganondorf, Rufus as Dedede, Honda as Wario, and much more. A guy can dream so hard for that to become a reality.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, I was just thinking about that!... When I wrote "exclusive features", I was thinking more on things they included at the 3DS version of SSFIV; The Lite Mode (yuck) and such.. but now you guys said it... Yeah, I'm totally down for the possibility! =P

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I've been playing SF x MM last week of school using the computers in my blowoff class' rooms. That, and Smash Bros Crusade, which I am enjoying Ryu on. I feel like both of these are hyping me up for the reveal at E3.

Maybe, just MAYBE... This means Nintendo vs Capcom. Hopefully. I have a CSS hand drawn and everything

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Played some more Crusade!Ryu today. Dat Up Air, so beautiful.

I can't seem to figure out the practicality out the Down Special, though. Here's hoping the Canon Smash Ryu has something more useful for that.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Say. Do we have a Ryu support signature picture? It would be pretty cool if someone made one like the Isaac one :b:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
hmm, I'll see what I can do! :)

EDIT [04/23]--
Hey World Warriors; don't forget to pass through once in while; keep moving the thread! E3 is right in the corner, and in way or another, is going to be pretty full of content for Street Fighter fans. =)

I'll bring the official signature very soon; I'm just busy with something from my college right now.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
How likely do you guys think it is for us to get music from Street Fighter in Sm4sh outside of games not on Nintendo consoles/handhelds (example: Super Street Fighter IV)?

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
How likely do you guys think it is for us to get music from Street Fighter in Sm4sh outside of games not on Nintendo consoles/handhelds (example: Super Street Fighter IV)?
Super Street Fighter IV is on a Nintendo console.

Also, Metal Gear got music from games not on Nintendo consoles, so I don't see why not.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well considering SSF4 is on the 3DS, I would say likely.

3rd Strike might get ignored considering every company sans Nintendo ever got. (Technically they can recognize and use it since 3S was on the Sega Dreamcast and Sega's mascot is in Smash)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So since we're on the topic of music...

Is it possible that we could get something from SNK vs Capcom? Or would there be some legal issues there?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Is it possible that we could get something from SNK vs Capcom? Or would there be some legal issues there?
Doubt it. Same reason we won't see any Marvel vs Capcom music and that one hurts.

There's one soundtrack they could use problem is.....

It's Street Fighter x Tekken:urg:
Which isn't bad when it comes to music but damn the game wasn't an joyful experience

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Doubt it. Same reason we won't see any Marvel vs Capcom music and that one hurts.

Which isn't bad when it comes to music but damn the game wasn't an joyful experience
Aww. I was hoping for this.

And yeah... let's not talk about SFxT...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Actually there's no issue with CvS1 and CvS2 Stuff;.. Capcom owns everything in those games (well, aside the SNK characters and related things to them); They constantly use images, artworks and such for marketing.. (take MvC3 daily blog thing as example) and CvS2 was re-released at PSN in Japan recently, with no ties of agreement with SNKP aside the proper credits.
It's different of Marvel or Tatsunoko crossovers, that Capcom had a license for a limited time.

Now, if you're talking about the SvC and the Card Fighter games, they are SNKP property.

--and I actually like SFxTK as a casual game; has a different feel of SFIV, while keeping the core of simple gameplay, and not going to something totally frenetic like MvC3. It's not just the kind of game I'd go ONline, sadly. (the GEMS!!!)

Well considering SSF4 is on the 3DS, I would say likely.

3rd Strike might get ignored considering every company sans Nintendo ever got. (Technically they can recognize and use it since 3S was on the Sega Dreamcast and Sega's mascot is in Smash)
Well, SFIII was already referenced many times in Nintendo consoles by other games; like TvC with Alex (also carrying the logo of his game of debut), and the SNKP's Card Fighter games with descriptions of each character..
--For avoid any tie with other consoles, Street Fighter III is a Arcade game to begin with it... and Arcade is "okay" to be labeled.. =P (see Pac-Man).

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I don't see why that would be a problem.

Sonic has music from the console version of Generations. (Back when the Wii U was port central, I was hoping so much that Skyrim and Sonic Generations would make their way over. I'm still kind of let down.)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't see why that would be a problem.

Sonic has music from the console version of Generations. (Back when the Wii U was port central, I was hoping so much that Skyrim and Sonic Generations would make their way over. I'm still kind of let down.)
-Oh, and in M&S Olympics 2014 there are Green Hill and Speed Highway from Generations.

Then again, it's only a matter of what the Third Party company allows/wants to give for Smash content;... those details are some of the few things that I think we can blame (or complement) the companies separately, and not Sakurai. =P

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
-Oh, and in M&S Olympics 2014 there are Green Hill and Speed Highway from Generations.

Then again, it's only a matter of what the Third Party company allows/wants to give for Smash content;... those details are some of the few things that I think we can blame (or complement) the companies separately, and not Sakurai. =P
There can be no blaming when Modern Rooftop Run is involved.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
USF4 on Wii U isn't likely considering they just signed an exclusivity deal with Sony.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
USF4 on Wii U isn't likely considering they just signed an exclusivity deal with Sony.
The exclusivity with Sony is just for SFV, with USFIV as a support for the marketing of the upcoming game;... after all, USFIV is everywhere already, and the PS4 version is just an improved port (If I recall... there isn't anything unique in that version, isn't it?).. and a Wii U version releasing on the Holidays is far enough to not hurt the PS4 version, I guess.

my bet for a USFIV for Wii U is just that wishful thinking anyway, not the more likely from all the things. :p.. This can be replaced for any kind of deal they're planing for the future. A new game, a remaster (Capcom said they want more), collection, port of another game.. who knows?

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I know it's on other things, but what I'm saying is, Capcom's current deal with Sony makes it hard if not impossible to release a new port of it on another system.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I know it's on other things, but what I'm saying is, Capcom's current deal with Sony makes it hard if not impossible to release a new port of it on another system.
It's not so out of possibility imo; We can still count with the current Capcom's despair of wanting quick profits. :p and Street Fighter IV is welcome no matter where or when.

-----anyway, here's the Official Signature for you guys; All the World Warriors can use freely. =)

(white background)

(transparent)

I wanted to make something closer of the "Ink effect" of SFIV and V, but sorry I couldn't reach something cool enough. :\/... The sprite here was made by me, with help with some other guys in the Mugenguild boards. =)

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
It's not so out of possibility imo; We can still count with the current Capcom's despair of wanting quick profits. :p and Street Fighter IV is welcome no matter where or when.

-----anyway, here's the Official Signature for you guys; All the World Warriors can use freely. =)

(white background)

(transparent)

I wanted to make something closer of the "Ink effect" of SFIV and V, but sorry I couldn't reach something cool enough. :\/... The sprite here was made by me, with help with some other guys in the Mugenguild boards. =)
http://barkpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Its-So-Beautiful.gif.

Good job as always! :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is there any chance we'll get DLC assist trophies?

Because seriously man, Chun-Li AT. Perfection

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd be very disappointed if Ryu (or any other DLC character coming from a series not yet represented in Smash) comes barebones; I mean.. just put the character, and maybe a stage with two songs and we're done! ... =P
Chun-li seems really reasonable to be an Assist Trophy, she's the most recognized SF character after Ryu!

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
If this happens, I've got this suspicion that he'll be a heavy fastfaller. Like another tied 5th heaviest kinda thing.

Also, just throwing out an idea: He has a parry. Not a counter, but a move which upon receiving an attack blocks it and puts him at a frame advantage. Imagine the mindgames, imagine the baits! Even better, inputting a sideways direction causes a SF-like dash in whatever direction you entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom