• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I feel like, if Ryu ends up to be a 2D sprite, he would be more off than an actually big and playable Ridley. *sobs*

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He's not going to be a 2D sprite. That'd be ridiculous, and totally ignore the fact that Ryu has popular games in the modern design, AND a popular modern design in general. (I love his SF4 look.)

They'll use that one, whether or not he has a mostly-SF2 moveset. Sonic has his most popular 3D look, and Pac-Man has his non-GA look. Then there's Mega Man, who by all rights would've fit "being a sprite" better than Ryu because he is literally his NES incarnation.

Don't start thinking crazy, now.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I don't know why anyone considered it a feasible idea to make him a 2D sprite. There is so much that's illogical about that idea that it should just be dismissed outright.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Changing a bit the subject; just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on some other thing for Ryu's hype. XD.. It was supposed to finish today, but took more time than I thought.. so, I'll be posting tomorrow, hopefully. =) There's some details that I'd like to pay more attention;

Now I really need to sleep (3AM for me! Geez!); .. See ya, World Warriors. =P

D

Deleted member

I feel like, if Ryu ends up to be a 2D sprite, he would be more off than an actually big and playable Ridley. *sobs*
I wouldn't suggest or think this would happen. Being Street Fighter II styled doesn't mean becoming a sprite, it means becoming that same style but in 3D. Mega Man is the epitome of being designed off Mega Man 1 but in 3D.

Had they used his more later designs in the series, he would have longer limbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I honestly don't think SF2 Ryu is different enough from his most recent incarnations. They may as well use the SF4 design, with a Smash-flavored touch up here and there. It's pretty great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly don't think SF2 Ryu is different enough from his most recent incarnations. They may as well use the SF4 design, with a Smash-flavored touch up here and there. It's pretty great.
It's fine to feel that way, it is your opinion after all and I don't have issues with others' opinions. I'm sure some people out there like his Street Fighter 3 look the most as well or his Street Fighter V design. This is merely how I'm seeing how it's going to be, I could be wrong I could be right, either way, it's just speculation and not meant to be taken too seriously.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I wouldn't suggest or think this would happen. Being Street Fighter II styled doesn't mean becoming a sprite, it means becoming that same style but in 3D. Mega Man is the epitome of being designed off Mega Man 1 but in 3D.

Had they used his more later designs in the series, he would have longer limbs.
And he'd also have a voice. Seriously, why doesn't he have a voice? It just doesn't make any sense.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Some things I wrote a while ago:
Smash 4 Ryu moveset:

Making dat Ryu moveset:
Ryu's neutral combo: Light Punch -> Short -> Fierce.
Nair: Jumping Roundhouse from Street fighter 2/4, basically a long range sex kick.
Fair: Jumping fierce.
Dair: Evil Ryu dive kick.
Bair: Ummmm..... Something? :p

Neutral B: Hadouken, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Side B: Tatsumaki (Hurricane kick), tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Up B: Shoryuken, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
down B: Donkey Kick, tap B for light version, press B for the heavy variation.
Final smash: Shin Shoryuken with cinematics like in SF4.

Dtilt: Cr. medium kick from SF3 Third Strike. Having this move to be cancellable to his specials like Hadouken or DP like in street Fighter would be godlike.
Utilt: Cr. fierce, can working as an anti air.
Filt: High kick from UMvC3.

FSmash: Heavy attack from SVC Chaos (I think that's where its from).
USmash: No clue :p
DSmash: No clue either :p

He can also have them shoto's as colour alts: Ken, Gouken, Gotetsu, Sean, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Classic Red Ryu)

1. Hadouken: Fires a blue Ki fireball. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Denjin Hadouken: Fires a yellow tinted Ki fireball which stuns opponents for a short time. Hits twice and is effective against shields and breaks Heavy Armour and some Super Armour.

3. Gou Hadouken: Fires a Dark Purple Ki Blast that is stronger than normal, but has shorter range. Fires diagonally in mid-air and two smaller fireballs can be thrown while in midair.

*Applies for all versions of the move.

1. Shoryuken: A strong rising uppercut that can be cancelled from a few normal moves. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Flame Shoryuken: A shorter Flaming Shoryuken that does more hits based on the lighter or heavy versions.

3. Dragon Smash: Slightly weaker than the normal Shoryuken, but with a meteor attack at the apex of the attack.

*Applies for all moves.

1. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: A hurricane kick that strikes once, but hard. Tap special for lighter version.*

2. Tatsumaki Gorasen: A multi-hit hurricane kick that spins upwards and end in a swift, but powerful kick that is also a meteor smash. Spins across like normal in the air.

3. Shunpukyaku: A twirling kick that rises and floats back down while spinning that also ends in a launcher kick for follow up combos. Also good against shields.

*Applies for all moves.

1. Joudan Sokutogeri: A powerful forward stepping kick that sends enemies flying. Sweetspot at the foot, sourspot at the body. Tap for lighter version.*

2. Lightning Joudan Sokutogeri: A weaker kick that doesn't step forward, but comes out almost instantly and stuns. Very vulnerable during start-up.

3. Tornado Joudan Sokutogeri: A forward stepping kick that sends out tornado like wind gusts.

*Applies to all moves.

1. Focus Attack: Ryu gets into a stance and unleashes a powerful punch forward punch. Super Armour last for one hit the during charge, any damage taken is halved will slowly deplete to original %. Cancellable with shield and can break shields easily.

2. Red Focus: A Focus Attack that flashes Red and will take damage upon activation and more will be taken the more it is used. During the start up it has unlimited Super armour during the entire charge. Any damage taken will be halved. Can break shields.

3. Counter Focus: A focus attack that acts as a normal counter. Any damage taken will be halved and will slowly deplete back too original %. Cancellable with shield.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Sonic has this with Spin Dash and Spin Charge. It actually makes sense in that if you're trying to emulate how he feels in the original games, except with the lack of stick movements, you would have to generally set it to a separate input to compensate. Having Ryu charge the blast would be out of character. Unless there is another way I'm not thinking of, this was all I could come up with.
I know Sonic has it - and I am not a fan of it. I would much rather he keep that functionality with a single special, and get something else to go with it - especially as Ryu has a lot more fighting material to draw from than Sonic. I don't think Ryu should charge the blast. There have been at least 3 different, perfectly viable solutions:

1) Light tap for light Hadouken, long tap for heavy
2) Single tap for light, double tap for heavy
3) Hold back/forward after pressing B to change speed

You still get the effect you want, and now you have room for another move.

D

Deleted member

I know Sonic has it - and I am not a fan of it. I would much rather he keep that functionality with a single special, and get something else to go with it - especially as Ryu has a lot more fighting material to draw from than Sonic. I don't think Ryu should charge the blast. There have been at least 3 different, perfectly viable solutions:

1) Light tap for light Hadouken, long tap for heavy
2) Single tap for light, double tap for heavy
3) Hold back/forward after pressing B to change speed

You still get the effect you want, and now you have room for another move.
I'm more or less thinking of what they might do, not what I desire, so to speak.

I do think 1 is possibly the most viable in this situation, 2 and 3 seem not as cohesive.

For 2, since you would have to double tap, that would mean hadouken would require a portion of start-up to register just in case you don't double tap or double tap making it slower and requiring more inputs than usual Special Moves since unlike DK's, this is a projectile and not continuous.

3 won't work unless it's a Forward Special move and not only this, it would leave Ryu stationary because if you're using this, it would require Ryu to be stuck in the hadouken animation and also hurt swift mid-combat movements.

1 is more feasible because you can simply hold or tap for alternate, although I do wonder about the start up for the alternate since it'll require a bit more time to register the other hadouken similar to 2's idea.

I'm thinking that these start ups for additional inputs will make the move a bit slower.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm more or less thinking of what they might do, not what I desire, so to speak.

I do think 1 is possibly the most viable in this situation, 2 and 3 seem not as cohesive.

For 2, since you would have to double tap, that would mean hadouken would require a portion of start-up to register just in case you don't double tap or double tap making it slower and requiring more inputs than usual Special Moves since unlike DK's, this is a projectile and not continuous.

3 won't work unless it's a Forward Special move and not only this, it would leave Ryu stationary because if you're using this, it would require Ryu to be stuck in the hadouken animation and also hurt swift mid-combat movements.

1 is more feasible because you can simply hold or tap for alternate, although I do wonder about the start up for the alternate since it'll require a bit more time to register the other hadouken similar to 2's idea.

I'm thinking that these start ups for additional inputs will make the move a bit slower.
Let's be honest; the move isn't going to be that quick anyway. It will have sufficient start-up for both. ROB's Neutral B has sufficient time during start-up to angle the attack using the control stick, and I would be quite surprised if the Hadouken had quicker start up. If there's enough time to move the control stick there is also enough time to double tap.

Though all of this said I don't care how they implement it so long as they don't waste 2 specials on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's be honest; the move isn't going to be that quick anyway. It will have sufficient start-up for both. ROB's Neutral B has sufficient time during start-up to angle the attack using the control stick, and I would be quite surprised if the Hadouken had quicker start up. If there's enough time to move the control stick there is also enough time to double tap.

Though all of this said I don't care how they implement it so long as they don't waste 2 specials on it.
That is true, although hadouken is designed to be a kind of spammy type move like Mario's Fire Ball, while Rob's laser doesn't need swiftness due to the innate build up and power shot style of it so it's not entirely affected by the limitation.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, here's what I promised;.. took me exactly 52 hours to finish. =P.. Again not really necessary an extensive explanation; Those are the Trophies related to Ryu and the Street Fighter series (is expecting too much?.. I mean, Ryu would be the first DLC character being from an universe not before in the game; so.. some trophies would be cool);

some trivia:
  • Each trophy pose was made using as base an official artwork or sprite; Thought that would be a nice touch, and some of the Smash trophies are modeled that way too. XD.
  • Originally Intended to put Rolento (due the Final Fight legacy) and Evil Ryu; but I gave priority to some other characters; and I limited the number of trophies, based on the same quantity that the guest characters already in the game has;
  • I know that "Nash" is supposed to call "Charlie" in the west.. but seems that Capcom changed their mind with SFV, calling him Nash also around here (after of an existing retcon calling him Charlie Nash worldwide, geez) ;.. and btw, this was the most hard trophy to do; since, obviously, is an edit. (of Steve Fox and Guile in SFxTK);
  • Yeah, the Shinkuu Hadouken trophy is a dirty edit of the Zero Lazer one. =P

Once again, hope you like; and please, say what you guys think! ^^

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As long a I get a Juri and Chun-Li trophy, I'm good :p

How did you do that? Posing with a 3D model software, with ripped models?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
yep; with the XNALara software; ^^.. and of course, some Photoshop/GIMP here and there. :p

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks! =D.. aside of his weird bicolor skin, I really liked Charlie's redesign in SFV; XD.. I thought that some kind of promotion of his return would happen in Smash very subtle (as a Trophy, or even his theme between the music selection);

but yeah, Chun, Ken and Akuma are guaranteed!.. But we don't know for sure if Ryu will get his bunch of trophies aside Alt. and Final Smash. :\/... I'm hoping the best!

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm pretty hopeful about it too. It would be really strange to drop him into the game with a stage and new music but no trophy representation.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can understand the lack of new things related to the other DLC characters; like Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas.. all of them have their series already in the game, so wouldn't be that necessary bringing so many content together. But not for Ryu, would completely disrespectful with a new franchise added in the game, imo. :T

-Not really betting in the addition of Custom Moves though (for any of the DLCs).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, here's what I promised;.. took me exactly 52 hours to finish. =P.. Again not really necessary an extensive explanation; Those are the Trophies related to Ryu and the Street Fighter series (is expecting too much?.. I mean, Ryu would be the first DLC character being from an universe not before in the game; so.. some trophies would be cool);

some trivia:
  • Each trophy pose was made using as base an official artwork or sprite; Thought that would be a nice touch, and some of the Smash trophies are modeled that way too. XD.
  • Originally Intended to put Rolento (due the Final Fight legacy) and Evil Ryu; but I gave priority to some other characters; and I limited the number of trophies, based on the same quantity that the guest characters already in the game has;
  • I know that "Nash" is supposed to call "Charlie" in the west.. but seems that Capcom changed their mind with SFV, calling him Nash also around here (after of an existing retcon calling him Charlie Nash worldwide, geez) ;.. and btw, this was the most hard trophy to do; since, obviously, is an edit. (of Steve Fox and Guile in SFxTK);

This is amazing. They all look so authentic, like they were ripped straight from the game, and the choice of trophies is really good - I chuckled at Bonus Car, and Nash's model looks great, considering it's not an official render.

If the trophies in Smash are even half as good as these, I'll be impressed.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Haha, Thank you! Means a lot having the work recognized ^^;
and yeah, of course the Bonus Car needed to be here! So many years being wrecked, at least give us a chance to just appreciate his model. XD

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

some trivia:

I died at the Bonus Car.

Good work! XD :p

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Thanks dude!

I'm working on one more little thing; but this one, just to complement. =P.. I think that I reached my creativity wall once again. XD
Later I'll post. =)

D

Deleted member

We probably wouldn't get a Cammy trophy, however. It's on par with the same reasons the Tharja trophy got removed. I think they are only allowed the top half to be revealed unless it's a skintight suit like ZSS.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Speaking of Banned Trophies; seems that ESRB goofed again;

Nah, just kidding; XD.. Is the result of my last work, =P..

I don't believe that a Cammy Trophy would be banned (since she wouldn't be in a provocative pose or something; When I did my montage, I made sure to pose her like one of her official artworks rather than fanarts, you know XD..; And besides, I say that Wonder Pink has her wonder panties normally how she could have.. I don't see an issue for Cammy :p )... but in other hand... Poison, she's haunted by Nintendo's censorship, apparently. =P (even though I don't believe she's important enough in SF lore to get a Trophy)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think Poison would be okay. She's no more provocative than Zero Suit Samus. And yeah, Wonder Pink's knickers are freely presented as standard, so I doubt an ample bosom and booty shorts would cause much upset.

As an ardent Tiki supporter, I'm also a bit surprised at...how much she has on display, and impressed that it's not an issue.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I personally don't see any problem even with Tharja.. And I really don't get the conflict, when's ZSS has, practically, her entirely body "exposed" by her silhouette accented with tight clothing.. (and I don't mind her design too, is just an observation)... E10+ is more than enough to deal with this, I guess..

In Poison's case, once again, is just a joke. XD... since she got cut from the SNES release of Final Fight and such. =P..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't believe that a Cammy Trophy would be banned (since she wouldn't be in a provocative pose or something; When I did my montage, I made sure to pose her like one of her official artworks rather than fanarts, you know XD..; And besides, I say that Wonder Pink has her wonder panties normally how she could have.. I don't see an issue for Cammy :p )... but in other hand... Poison, she's haunted by Nintendo's censorship, apparently. =P
I personally don't see any problem even with Tharja.. And I really don't get the conflict, when's ZSS has, practically, her entirely body "exposed" by her silhouette accented with tight clothing.. (and I don't mind her design too, is just an observation)... E10+ is more than enough to deal with this, I guess..
Actually, I don't agree with the way ESRB rates things as ZSS does expose her rear pretty detailed like and I'd honestly give the game a T rating, but ESRB is inconsistent with things.

However, there is one thing consistent with their rating and it's something Cammy and Tharja fall under. Looking at trophies such as Candy Kong, the bat girl, and some others, ESRB are fine with exposed and/or large breasts for E10+. They are fine with detailed rear's apparently as long as they are in skin tight clothing like Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Zero Suit Samus.

They are not, however OK for E10+ rating to have exposed skin down below the waist. Tharja was not removed from the game to keep the E10+ rating for her exposed breasts or her stomach as Zero Suit Samus has a exposed stomach, she was removed from the game because she has an exposed rear and legs, and Cammy honestly does it much more explicitly than Tharja does as it's pure skin and her rear is larger.

Don't forget that it's not a argument of what one person finds acceptible, Nintendo is trying to keep their E10+ rating and cannot add things such as Cammy's trophy because it would contradict their E10+ rating.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Legs.. that's funny... :T...
but anyway, it's just a hypothetical list; as I said, we don't even know if Ryu would get his set of trophies; And I thought that Cammy couldn't be left out of this list, since she's between the main plot of many of SF games, or just interacting with the other characters involved on them. .. Would be weird not having a trophy for her, but having Dhalsim... or Rufus.... I dunno.
Then again, we didn't get Spooky trophy for Pac-Man.. and we get a Big trophy for Sonic. I honestly don't understand how they pick the characters for the trophies,.. my God. :\/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Legs.. that's funny... :T...
Might be a cultural thing, over here in the states upper thigh being exposed is, well, yeah, depending on the context. I notice you are from Brazil.

but anyway, it's just a hypothetical list; as I said, we don't even know if Ryu would get his set of trophies; And I thought that Cammy couldn't be left out of this list, since she's between the main plot of many of SF games, or just interacting with the other characters involved on them. .. Would be weird not having a trophy for her, but having Dhalsim... or Rufus.... I dunno.
Then again, we didn't get Spooky trophy for Pac-Man.. and we get a Big trophy for Sonic. I honestly don't understand how they pick the characters for the trophies,.. my God. :\/
I don't fault you for making the list or putting Cammy there, I'm just merely stating an observation that isn't at your reasoning for making a Cammy trophy, it's just something I realized while looking at it so I shared my thoughts. Also, I do want to state that from a fan standpoint, I'd wager Cammy isn't that high on the list for third party trophies, I'd say Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, M. Bison, Sagat, Dhalsim and Guile before Cammy. If they stick to minimal trophies, I'd say just the first 4 would make it in as trophies or less.

Sonic is also a special cause since SEGA is more affiliated with Nintendo these days with stuff like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Anyways, they honestly shouldn't have pushed so hard for E10+ rating with the way content is in the game already. Melee and Brawl were T rated surprisingly. (although I think Brawl's had to do with Snake's neck breaking, though)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, here's in Brazil upper legs exposed would be also judged by rating in the media as something inappropriate for some ages.. but I thought funny 'cause, legs, at least in my opinion, are the "lighter" from any of body parts to be considered provocative somehow. XD

but yeah.. the range of possibilities for those details would be more flexible if the game was classified as T, as the previous entries :\

---regarding to Cammy's relevance in SF;.. well, she got some major hole as a Shadaloo Doll in the Alpha series, and even skipping SFIII (most of the classic cast did, anyway), she got her importance back with the conflict with Juri in SSFIV. =P

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like playing Street Fighter Alpha right now since you mentioned it. lol

Alpha series is my favorite.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Alpha 2 was my favorite Street Fighter until IV be released; but it still holds up very well for nowadays standards! ... Today it's between my Top 5 in the series, for sure!
I played a lot the SNES version! (which I love with the technical issues and everything XD), but of course, I prefer to play the smooth Saturn or PSOne versions =P (or Alpha Anthology on PS2).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alpha 2 was my favorite Street Fighter until IV be released; but it still holds up very well for nowadays standards! ... Today it's between my Top 5 in the series, for sure!
Played a lot the SNES version! (which I love with the technical issues and everything XD), but of course, I prefer to play the smooth Saturn or PSOne versions =P (or Alpha Anthology on PS2).
Alpha 2 is my favorite as well. Alpha 3 is neat as well, but I feel Alpha 2 has a better looking character select screen, better music, and better balance.

The Street Fighter game I've played the most would probably be Street Fighter IV or Street Fighter 2, although I'm pretty sure it's Street Fighter IV by a long shot since there was a period of time where I was trying to get better at it. I only played the Alpha series later (pretty recently) and just ended up being really into it so much it became my favorite. I feel like it has what's good about Street Fighter 2 but also this certain free roaming smoothness that makes it a joy to play alongside the animated graphics. It feels really smooth to play compared to even Street Fighter IV to me. Street Fighter IV is a good game, though and is what help revitalized my passion for non Smash fighting games.

Actually, since I had issues with Brawl in the long run, playing the original SFIV felt like I was getting a fighting game I didn't get on my at then main console (Wii) when I ended up getting a 360 later on.

I have the SNES one on my Wii U VC and....honestly the load times are the only reason I can't stand it. lol It's fun, but yeah. If only there was a N64 version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom