• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It looks more like some made up water type move than night slash.
Seems like both, the moon makes me think Night Slash but the effects are clearly water. Night Slash is the best thing to call it for now, methinks.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It looks like night slash mixed with double team maybe, since he's moving so fast and you can see multiple of him at once, but they'll probably just call it night slash

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Seems like both, the moon makes me think Night Slash but the effects are clearly water. Night Slash is the best thing to call it for now, methinks.
Fair enough. It looks like something a water ninja would do so I'm content with it. It's not out of character or anything.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
The best move would probably be waterfall, which he can learn, and waterfall was squirtle's recovery. It's the same move, but moving at two angles.

But then again, Pikachu can't learn skull bash so... That move could totally end up being called aqua jet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't remember specifically when the roster was said to have been settled.

But either way, something with Greninja is fishy.

On the first hand, if the roster were indeed completed a year ago, then Pokemon X and Y were not out. This means, Greninja's popularity* could not have fully been predicted**, and that he was added beforehand... by game freaks request?

On the other hand, if he were added later, then this roster was obviously not set in stone all that early, and he either was added to the Pokemon lineup, or replaced another.
If he replaced anybody... well, who might it have been?
If he was added, does that mean Pokemon will have one more rep than it otherwise would have (one more than Mario?) Will other franchises get more love as well? How many others may have been added?

*(with fans/as a fighting pokemon)
**(possibly speculated, as he was constructed to be a competitive fighter, finally a water made for this... thanks bias Game Freak)

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
The best move would probably be waterfall, which he can learn, and waterfall was squirtle's recovery. It's the same move, but moving at two angles.

But then again, Pikachu can't learn skull bash so... That move could totally end up being called aqua jet.
Skull bash was a tm for Pikachu in gen 1. And if you were wondering about thunder jolt, that was a move on a Pikachu card.

I think it's probably surf or waterfall.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nightslash with water effects? It also looks to be an cinematic unless that is a Luigi's Mansion stage,

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Shiek+Squirtle=Greninja All day
Strider from the Marvel vs. Capcom series and Chipp from the Guilty Gear series.

Both characters are based around ninjas, and revolve around extreme speed, quick projectiles, and teleportation in their gameplay style. However, the way Greninja handles his water blades is more reminiscent of Chipp. But both characters suffer from having low health and below normal power, though the latter is normally compensated by high combo capabilities.

Greninja's Final Smash is based on Strider's Ragnarok attack in particular.

However going solely by Super Smash Bros., his high falling speed is similar to Captain Falcon and the spacies, while his high jump reminds me of Sheik.
Ok :4sheik:+:squirtle:+:falcon:+ Strider = :4greninja:

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
May I add that his counter (substitute doll) may be a lot like Wario's bike because the doll appears to hang around afterwards so perhaps it cannot be performed again until the doll is thrown out of the arena or.....broken :p
I made an analysis on it actually. Check it out if you're interested.

Last edited:

Smaugfan

Smash Cadet
I know we have a couple of versus threads up regarding how to play against other characters and even how Greninja goes up against the other Pokemon, but I feel this is one thread that can not be overlooked. A ditto versus. Facing another player with the same moves for "sneakiness" as you, the same charging and combo ability. We had dittos in Brawl, and various characters were good to play against same. Two fellow Pokemon Trainers facing each other with their teams or two Sonics going all at it on Final Destination. Yet there were a couple of characters that were so unique in what they did, and how they force their way on the stage, but at the same time those could be some pretty long matches. I am talking about Metaknight and Snake dittos. All the same traps and lots of confusion.

So how do you feel you will handle another Greninja player when you yourself are using the character? I am sure there will be lots of teleporting and aqua quick attacks going down. Will a Greninja ditto be challenging or will it be painful?

Juken

Smash Ace
I expect him to sound like Mewtwo. Mewtwo just did grunts and the occasional yell when he was sent flying. But if he had a voice it'd probably be low and sound like whispering.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I think it'll be awesome if more FS's are cinematic, makes them feel more epic

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Sheik in movement, Lucario in Down Special, Meta Knight in aerials and teleportation, Falco in his Side Special teleportation (Falco 'cuz I have a bias for him), Squirtle in water and slightly in Up Smash.
Edit: And Pikachu in Up Special.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Sheik in movement, Lucario in Down Special, Meta Knight in aerials and teleportation, Falco in his Side Special teleportation (Falco 'cuz I have a bias for him), Squirtle in water and slightly in Up Smash.
And pikachu in up special

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
It's simple...

Fox+Shiek+Marth+Lucario+Water+A Blue Cupcake=Greninja!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom