• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
lol you guys and asian girls

i'm glad i've had mine for 3 years :awesome:

also, yeah, i try to go to AN every year for the anime. david if you had me on msn, you'd know by now lol

Hahaha, I'm beating you. 5 years. :troll:

Why would I know if I had you on msn? :S If you had ME on msn you'd know I love the simpsons:

Okay, I tried to find that gif of lisa blowing the jug and homer dancing but I can't find it anymore...so use your imagination =(

EDIT:

kyle's just a bit ignorant =p

genuine question tho... what do you guys like so much about asian girls? i'd actually like to hear a few reasons
I'm not gonna post it here. search asian-girls tumblr. That's your answer.

weon - X

Smash Ace
its ok, i dont think i'll be playing anymore
unless u wanna finish playing through the entire game all the way to hell

oh and i was kidding about the racist thing.

idea

Smash Master

genuine question tho... what do you guys like so much about asian girls? i'd actually like to hear a few reasons
ignorant how <_<

they're the most physically attractive imo. personalities vary wildly and don't really correlate with anything else, so before i've even met someone, the only thing i have to go with is appearance.

if i'm choosing between people i already know, them being asian or not doesn't make all that much difference.

edit: also she left way faster than me so i didn't get a chance to talk to her anyway. must have handed her assignment in earlier or something.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
LOL hand in toaster. that one is probably one of my favs
Also , something said not good. Don't yell at Homer?! no that's not bad... slow? they called you SLOW

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Hahaha, I'm beating you. 5 years. :troll:

Why would I know if I had you on msn? :S If you had ME on msn you'd know I love the simpsons:

EDIT:

I'm not gonna post it here. search asian-girls tumblr. That's your answer.
srs? lol, 5 years is crazy legit. and cuz my dominannt email starts off "anime_fan" LOOOL 7 year old email ftw

and no, no tumblr please haha

oh and i was kidding about the racist thing.
no you weren't

ignorant how <_<

they're the most physically attractive imo. personalities vary wildly and don't really correlate with anything else, so before i've even met someone, the only thing i have to go with is appearance.

if i'm choosing between people i already know, them being asian or not doesn't make all that much difference.

edit: also she left way faster than me so i didn't get a chance to talk to her anyway. must have handed her assignment in earlier or something.
asians and their speeding haha

and i only sorta meant ignorant cuz you can hardly tell them apart but you know which one you like :laugh:

the only timees i've gotten asians mixed up were actual twins. and i know 3, so i guess 3 times lol

idea

Smash Master
it's just cause you can't stare directly at someone in a classroom setting =P just thought it was funny. like when ryan tells the story of when my mom confused me for kurtis.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Anyone ever get the feeling that life is completely ****ing worthless?

Not in an emo "kill yourself" way, but seriously, anyone ever sat down and consider think about absolutely futile and purposeless life is?

Windrose

Smash Lord
it's just cause you can't stare directly at someone in a classroom setting =P just thought it was funny. like when ryan tells the story of when my mom confused me for kurtis.
A good trick I like to do is use a cell phone as a mirror. I pretend I'm looking at my cell phone but I'm actually using it to look at some one else through the reflection in the cell phone.

SO TECHNICAL

worldjem7

Smash Ace

They look cute and tasteful in their appearance and clothing (most of the time, or at least from what I've seen).

White girls just seem to look skanky all the time. Like, they're always dressing skimpy to get your attention, but then half of them will turn around and say "WHY ARE YOU LOOKING THERE?!?!?!" which just leaves me with this expression.

I find that a great majority of white girls would be considered "hot" as opposed to "cute" or "beautiful" or "elegant" whereas in asian girls, you can find quite a variety of all the aforementioned adjectives.

I'm not too interested in any other race for physical attraction, so I won't mention them.

Not in an emo "kill yourself" way, but seriously, anyone ever sat down and consider think about absolutely futile and purposeless life is?
Yeah, I've contemplated this as well. There's no real point to life, but because of how I've been programmed, as a human, I don't want to kill myself either. lol

So that just leaves living life however I want. In our current civilization, life is pretty damn boring. Anything you would want to do, you need to pay for with money, and the only way to get money is to do crap you don't want to do. And in our society, high earnings is regarded as an endearing achievement, but practicing something you love doing doesn't really count for anything. Life would be more fun without the bullsht of "The Economy" and the whole "money = freedom" crap. That's honestly the only reason why I even care about money.

So, if you can find something you love and get paid for it, that's pretty much the best thing you can accomplish.

I'm still looking for that.

A good trick I like to do is use a cell phone as a mirror. I pretend I'm looking at my cell phone but I'm actually using it to look at some one else through the reflection in the cell phone.

SO TECHNICAL
lol. I've done that too, but it doesn't work so well if your cell phone can reflect a clear image worth sht.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow

6 years and counting. :(

idea

Smash Master
haha, i agree with one part eric, i also make the distinction between "hot" and "cute." they're opposite ends on a scale. in general it's better for her to be somewhere near the middle. but i prefer it to lean toward the cute side.

alternatively, you can get an okay job (that you don't hate but don't like either), not work a million hours at it, and have both money and decent free time.

the other side of "life is pointless" is "we might as well relax and have fun, it doesn't matter anyway."

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Follow your dreams!! Use your drill to pierce through the heavens! Yep, that's life for me. =)

Edit: On other hand, once I have no more desires then I'm still going to enjoy life and continue to improve on life in someway. Practicing life lasts forever... You don't need desires to be happy, yes it may seem worthless.. however you have to be able to enjoy everything around you at some point.

weon - X

Smash Ace
as for the girl preference thing, i really don't care, i actually appreciate a good personality as cliche that may seem or, don't get me wrong hotness still matters, but a air heads are a turn off.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Pretty cool to see everyone's perspective on things.
Yeah, I've contemplated this as well. There's no real point to life, but because of how I've been programmed, as a human, I don't want to kill myself either. lol

So that just leaves living life however I want. In our current civilization, life is pretty damn boring. Anything you would want to do, you need to pay for with money, and the only way to get money is to do crap you don't want to do. And in our society, high earnings is regarded as an endearing achievement, but practicing something you love doing doesn't really count for anything. Life would be more fun without the bullsht of "The Economy" and the whole "money = freedom" crap. That's honestly the only reason why I even care about money.

So, if you can find something you love and get paid for it, that's pretty much the best thing you can accomplish.

I'm still looking for that.
I agree with this to some extent.

I don't really have a problem with having to work and make money. I think the fact that we have to work to be able to do things which give us pleasure adds value to our lives, you work and then it pays off and you can appreciate it more.

Living in a world where you aren't constrained by an "the economy" is equally as pointless as living in the current state as I see it. If you had to freedom to absolutely anything, what would be the point of doing anything at all? what would you gain from it if you could do it whenever you wanted?

Life is weird like that. Its kinda like the adage "you can't know joy without sadness"

yeah, life is pretty futile.

but what else you gonna do, eh?
lol true.

Life is most definitely not futile, we are. You gotta be able to recognize the amount of intelligence that's going on around you.
I'm not sure...what to make of this.

well yeah...without a good personality nothing else matters.
I don't think this is true at all. Physical attraction is tantamount to personality attraction.

Windrose

Smash Lord
On a purely physical perspective perhaps. Such that good physical attraction tells the opposite sex that this person is good for mating and contains good traits that you will want to have to pass down to your offspring so your own genetics can survive.

But I think emotions is also an evolutionary advantage in someways, I was studying this in 1st year but I can't really come up with the details, at any rate this is a sad area of discussion. Jpobs your goal is to go to med school. Do it up!!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The first thing we get to go by when we meet someone new is their appearance. Which includes how we see them interact with others and the environment as an onlooker. We don't get a deep personality or whatever to go by. We get a really limited, biased glance at how they seem to behave but that's about it as far as personality goes.

Looks also play a big role in the initial judgments we make about people. Consciously we can try to suppress them or whatever but how well groomed they look, and other stuff, factor into our perception of what we expect of their personality. We're very likely to guess that someone with awful, ratty hair doesn't take care of themselves in the same way we think someone with an incredibly slutty dress and too much makeup is trying to hard for attention and is desperate or overdone or whatever.

Looks are incredibly important for this reason and many others.

The loose exception to this is if we already know them to some degree, either through a friend of a friend or whatever. Even then I doubt most of you would date or fuck a really ugly chick even if she was nice. I know I wouldn't.

edit: Not to downplay personality or whatever because obviously mental compatibility is important too but "personality is all that matters" is not a realistic claim IMHO.

weon - X

Smash Ace
Pretty cool to see everyone's perspective on things.

I don't think this is true at all. Physical attraction is tantamount to personality attraction.
in my case i dont think i could ever love a chick that i dont get along with lol, no matter how hot, otherwise shes just another hot cick.

idea

Smash Master
i double-checked to make sure i know what that word means

"tan·ta·mount
adjective /ˈtantəˌmount/ 

Equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as"

i was right. in that case...what the hell are you talking about? how could those possibly be basically the same thing?

i mean, i'm not saying appearance isn't important, but...if a girl can't hold up her end of a conversation...i'm just not interested.

edit: pretty much agree with david (kirbykaze)

Top Bottom