• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so, while i was sick

i was thinking...

gallo, zilean, morgana, gangplank, katarina?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Duo queue ranked + posting vent info can turn your solo ranked experience into a premade one.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
or you can just solo queue and randomly run into Azen Zangenite, lol. That pretty much made my night last night, especially since I had 30 assists with NuNu.

seriously though, it's lonely up in the 1600s, every game you have to be a high pick and are paired up with a bunch of 1400-1500s :(.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Maybe if you weren't constantly drunk and throwing up rainbows over your keyboard you could help in team fights more :mad088:

_kSo_

Smash Master
yeah...it's just become way to hard for me to get my ranked rating up...I can't avoid leavers like EVER

i've practically given up on it...but if someone wants to duo queue with me, i'll be glad to. I will probably never solo queue again haha

if i don't have anyone to queue with i usually just end up playing RoM :)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
there is nothing less depressing that drinking alone at your desk while playing an online game...

nope, nothing...

:p
Yeah but there is nothing more awesome than drinking with your bro, playing LoL in the same room and after locking in playing smash until minions spawn.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah but there is nothing more awesome than drinking with your bro, playing LoL in the same room and after locking in playing smash until minions spawn.
lol, yea, that weekend kicked considerable amounts of ***. I've never been happier skipping out on a major smash tournament :p.

while eating quesadillas
move to stamford and I'll make it happen.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Tag: OgOgOg
Mains: Kayle, Sion (back when he was f2p), Heimerdinger (As soon as I unlock the beast lol)

Cia

das kwl
He uses Sivir? I wish he used someone more.. interesting. Like, Soraka or Teemo.

Btw, I"m picking up Nunu since a needed a tank. Is he good?. Actually, is there a link to this "tier list" ?

And I the only one that thinks Akali is a raging *****?

john!

Smash Hero
amumu is an amazing tank, i bought him a few weeks ago

i'm slowly starting to like melee dps more. master yi can absolutely wreck people if he has good gear. warwick and jax are nice too

here's the most common tier list: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=109533

according to that you should ditch eve and stick with morgana lol

that's high level play though, mid level can be much different obv

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I agree, he looks like such a jerkass

spectre was hard enough to balance in DotA, I'm not exactly sure why they'd wanna drag her crazy *** ult into this game, especially tacking on such a considerable survivability boost.
I think you mean Vengeful, and she has never really been overpowered, just always high tier. But even in high level, its not too uncommon for her to just swap the teams carry and go down for it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
been trying out jungle olaf. Here is what I do usually:

rejuv bead + 5pots
-golem first -> wolf camp -> wraiths -> lizard -> small golems -> b
emblem + pot
- lane to gank or cover
lvl 5/6 dragon -> b
boots(game dependent) + brut
youmuus
starks
blood thirster or GA depending on game

any suggestions or advice for this build/jungle order?

my first try with a jungler, would like some feedback :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
because of olaf's passive and lifesteal skill, I can't see why you wouldn't open Cloth + 5 HP pots and then rush Madreds to drastically increase your jungling speed. I haven't played as Olaf in forever, but I'd advocate something along the lines of 1/14/15 with ArPen or AS Marks, Armor Seals, MRes Glyphs, and MS Quints (could be anything here really, I just tend to be most afraid of Olafs who are fast as hell.)

for items I'd do
cloth
madreds
boots
wriggle's lantern
boots 2
frozen mallet
GA
<another appropriate tanking item here>

_kSo_

Smash Master
because of olaf's passive and lifesteal skill, I can't see why you wouldn't open Cloth + 5 HP pots and then rush Madreds to drastically increase your jungling speed. I haven't played as Olaf in forever, but I'd advocate something along the lines of 1/14/15 with ArPen or AS Marks, Armor Seals, MRes Glyphs, and MS Quints (could be anything here really, I just tend to be most afraid of Olafs who are fast as hell.)

for items I'd do
cloth
madreds
boots
wriggle's lantern
boots 2
frozen mallet
GA
<another appropriate tanking item here>
hmm, ok i will give that a try and see how it works. I forgot about wriggles lantern. Yeah that thing is amazing for junglers haha. I have flat health quints, health per level seals, cd reduct glyphs, and armor pen marks...i will have to invest in some MR glyphs kuz that is probably huge thing

i also usually go 21/0/9 but those specs seem a bit more reliable. Thanks for the advice.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
For all of you who aren't comfortable junglers, here are some examples of what high elo players do with their masteries to jungle:

Mogwai-style 1/14/15 with dodge seals:
http://leaguecraft.com/masteries/0010000000000001030421300000003140022030000

Mogwai-style 1/14/15 without dodge seals (favorite right now):

Traditional 1/16/13 setup:

No Mana 1/19/10 setup:

As you can see, the key masteries to touch on are:
Plentiful Bounty
Defensive mastery
Harden Skin
Awareness
Utility Mastery

The rest is really just gravy.

Vyke

Smash Champion
The Blitz one is great. The Jax one needs a different color.

The new champ needs to be redesigned or at least have an appearance change. He looks like a HoN reject including his method of coloring. :/

I hear he doesn't really do much besides ult either, apparently he fills no role that well.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Hey, I've played against Wobbles before!

Also, check out Roku's livestream (livestream.com/roku), a lot of the people who view it play smash.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
We seem to have quite a few people here.

If anyone is good at organizing this sort of thing, we could meet up once a week or whatever for some scrimmages.

Then we form teams and intense rivalries and craziness ensues.

Captains and drafting players. It'll be like elementary school dodgeball!

But seriously, it'd be fun to do some 5v5s with everyone in the thread.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Me, Naka, Lake, Vyke, and Azen vs that team you just listed Virgi

Let's do it

Edit: Or we get Mogwai instead of Azen because he's from Pittsburgh 8D

Top Bottom