• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DUB

Smash Lord
Tags: Dr W
Mains: Teemo/Kennen/Kassadin/Zilean

Yesterday me ( Zilean at the timee) and a Rammus were defending mid. A twitch pops up with like half health on the top turret. Rammus begins to powerball and I speed buffed him......... I have never seen anything move as fast. He slammed into that twitch so hard and ate him alive. I swear Rammus can powerball back quicker then recall sometimes.

Cia

das kwl
i love how almost anyone that posts in here has a LoL avatar.

And I've come to the realization that Evelynn is **** early game (because no one buys the vision specs. yet) and late game, i pretty much just gank + clear minion swarms since i can easily escape an enemy gank (Banshee veil + boots of mobilty + malice and spite)

am i doin it right?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sorta... you're still like, super low level though so it doesn't really matter. once junglers become prevalent, your whole purpose in life is to make theirs hell. you take smite and just cloak around the opposing jungle stealing their buffs then appearing and ganking them after working hard for it. it's really gaytacular, lol. Then around 8-10 minutes in the opposing team starts investing in making you worthless. then you're worthless unless you got like 5+ kills and are already way too powerful to stop :p.

_kSo_

Smash Master
it's not that eve sucks that badly, it's just that there are so many higher tier characters that can do everything she does....but much better.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Though I'd much rather have a jungler on my team that also roamed for their jungler than a counter-jungler.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I think Eve does alright with that. She jungles fine with hate spike + her passive at level 2 iirc.

to be clear, not trying to advocate eve, just trying to say that she's overly **** on in the community. she's not as unplayable as she's made out to be.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Scamp
LoL Tag(s): Unmay, Nathan Fillion
LoL Mains: Warwick, Kayle, Sivir, Trist, Akali, Eve, Morgana, Fiddle

Working on: Amumu, Rammus

Eve's only problem IMO, and this is the same with every burst-type character, is that no matter how fed you are you cannot carry the team because you die too fast. If you build items for survivability then you do no damage, especially against someone with magic resist.

So she's not terribad, and she's not useless, but she really needs more utility because she can only do one thing.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I was under the impression Shaco was the best counter jungler... while being able to jungle. Not that it matters too much with how much he's banned.

I find it pretty easy to build survivability on any burst champ, provided you only take one item slot. It helps a lot since most of those champs scale incredibly well with items, not levels. Most games shouldn't last till late-game unless it's still early on for you, so the hurt to your late-game won't matter too much.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Ummm... add me to the list I guess :)

Game tag: Rachmanin
Champs played: Singed, Katarina, Amumu, Kog'Maw, Malphite, Kassadin

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
M3D
LoL Tag(s): Odincore, Hibernian
LoL Mains: Taric, Nunu, Nasus, Vlad, Galio, Kayle
Also Plays: Ezreal, Ashe, Xin Zhao, Pantheon, Soraka

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Vyke if you have a survivability build for Eve that works, I'm all ears!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
this thread was made without anyone telling me ;_;

tag: Frolossus
champions: anivia, kat, akali, ashe, soraka
edit: ignore my solo queue ranked elo, it's inaccurate
also mog a channel would be good

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
sry bout not keeping you company wobbles, PvP.net and my comp were not getting along last night. In unrelated news, I broke the 1600 barrier last night, wewt!

so yea, gonna edit it into the first post, but we'll have SWF set up as the Smasher Channel on LoL so set it to autolog into that channel on log-in.

You didn't add me to the list. :( </3
sry, musta missed you, I've added you now

Vyke

Smash Champion
Keeping in mind that those are just PTR notes, and may or may not go live at all. Just in testing. I like the changes regardless.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
So we smashers need to get together more and play this game.

Anyone wanna try to put together a 5-man ranked setup tonight? Rock Rock On (my 1st smurf) has hit level 20 so I can do ranked AT without worrying about my Elo too much. We could just play normal too, it's really whatever people are up for, I just think we should get playing together a bit.

I'll be hopping onto LoL and the SWF chatroom around 6ish Easter, anyone else in?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I believe they moved all ranked games up to Level 30 as a minimum.

Either way, I'd be up for some games tonight.

L__

Smash Master
PVP.net v1.16.12

Summoners who are level 20 and above can now participate in full Arranged Team Ranked Games.
Summoners must be still Level 30 to participate in Solo Ranked Games.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I believe they moved all ranked games up to Level 30 as a minimum.

Either way, I'd be up for some games tonight.
they did at first, then people were like, "hey, we're ok with that, but like, we're level 20-29 and our friends are 30, so we're not screwing some random over by doing solo at low level, we just wanna be able to play ranked with our friends who know the risk of queueing with a level 20" and riot gave in and let them, which was a good move IMO. The only problem with sub-30s was in solo queue, there's no issue in arranged teams.

EDIT: zzzzz, or L____ could look it up :p

EDIT 2: omg, Zileas is the man
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=2401528#post2401528

L__

Smash Master
Solo Queue makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad person

I'm not great, but...

SoloQQ

I'm too lazy to gather my friends to play ranked 5v5s anymore :x

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
*shrugs* solo queue sucks for awhile, but if you duo queue up to like 1450ish, you can start soloing and it gets a lot more reasonable. if you do duo queue as a jungler and someone who can solo 1v2, that's optimal since those are really crucial roles that pubs usually suck at.

Top Bottom