• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Health crystal is the new Doran's shield!

Also wow Rengar's so fun. His dueling abilities seem real good. Just steroid, steroid, ect, until you get furiosity and then do a furiosity steroid AHHH~

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Health Crystal + 2 Potions
150 health, + 300 health regen

vs

Dorans + 1 potion
80 health, 6 regen/5, 150 health regen

Basically....
**** RENEKTON ALL INNING YOU AT LEVEL 2, HEALTH CRYSTAL ALL THE WAY, 700+ HEALTH AT LEVEL ONE *******.

The various bonus scalings you get from going deep into the defensive tree also shines out here. Mundo gets 2.6 health regen from it, and obviously the scaling missing health regen that exists, plus 3% bonus health, etc etc etc.

Like doran's shield is worth 473 (+33 gold) gold on mundo, while health crystal is worth 481 (+EIGHTY ONE). That's ****ing ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The point of dshield is to give melees a way of staying in lane against ranged auto harass. The passive is unchanged, so it's still good for that.

I was actually considering trying an elixir-4pot-ward start on manaless champs. It's a really short term investment, but it might let you win lane before level 6 and push it to the tower. It gives you damage, sustain, and a ward for when you push. I haven't been bothered to try it yet though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The passive is unchanged, but you're forgetting that health regen which was hit kinda hard. The change for health regen was definitely noticeable, ranged or not.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
So I was trying to save 6300 ip to buy a jungler with a gap closer but bought Vlad instead and holy **** I don't regret.
This character is ridiculous, I feel like no matter what happens my damage will always be relevant.

Does he have any down side at all ? Aside from having to spend some gold on wota's mana regen I don't see any.

Life

Smash Hero
I've been looking for a new top and was planning on getting Shyvana. Will have enough IP for that tonight. Any reason I shouldn't?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Does he have any down side at all ? Aside from having to spend some gold on wota's mana regen I don't see any.
The down side to vladimir is that there are only 6 item slots.

When you want visage, death cap, zhonyas, rylais, liandry's (because you have rylais), void staff, wota and two warmogs. Like DFG as well would be awesome/hilarious.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shyv? Wins/Evenish
Nasus? wins hard until level 9ish
Mundo? That's the easiest match up in the world
Renekton? Can be hard but still, pretty stable as he needs to push to maintain things and Vlad likes that.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Vlad doesn't like push early before level 4 cause his Q cooldown is so damn long (which is another problem in itself, he isn't gud until his Q is level 3) and that's another thing with Nasus (even though he's not even played top lane much anymore, not sure y u listed him) by the time you have Q leveled up 3 times nasus will already be 8/9, which you listed is bad.

Also I said Shyv has a problem with him, so yeah evenish or wins depending if the shyv goes for tanky or damage instead. Dunno how mundo easiest match up when he can farm from afar and just press R if you try killing him. That and >no CC to kill him if jungler comes to help you tower dive him or just gank in general

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Embrace "E for everything" with vladimir.

Q's early CD problems are fine. Just keep Eing.

Nasus gets harder as he progresses in levels of wither.

Mundo has to tank significant amount of damage from E throughout the entire laning phase. He has to ult to actually stay in lane, nothing to do with even trying to kill him.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
ur crazy mang
especially since Dshield nerfs which was about the only good start item on him.

I will actually take something you say seriously for once and might embrace the Health crystal start on some champs.
>sightstone if support
>SV for top
>BC for Zed/Riven

Player-3

Smash Hero
vlad weakness is he doesnt bring the invincible carry diver that most top laners nowadays are in the mundo/shyvana

he just kills your team instead

vlad beats nasus until level 9 because thats when nasus gets a cowl and then he ignores vlad and farms forever

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
did you just say vlad beats nasus UNTIL level 9? thought vlad's power spike at level 9 was insane?

i find myself questioning you more and more lately, shaya...
Once he can start putting levels into wither is when things get continually worse. As in, level 9 begets the beginning of the end. He can't handle E harass before then. Awkward wording before, my bad.
I tend to feel Vladimir spiking from items more than levels these days. Getting to level 9 safely is usually enough to win the game, but that's probably more so that you're likely to have certain items going by that point (some combination of boots [or boots 2], spell vamp, zhonya's pre-item).

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wither hurts vlad so damn much, and as P3 said. Cowl obtained = "Do I even have a lane opponent?"
Along with his Q being around 100 stacks prolly, so if you try to stop him from farming by tickling him with E he'll be rude to you too and smack you three times with his Q after slowing you down.

Life

Smash Hero
People will call you a mindless sheep and FOTM follower
I'm assuming this is the part where I dig up an image of some dude with a massive open-mouthed smile with a caption in Impact reading "LOL DON'T CARE" but I'm not really feeling it so I'll just say it doesn't bother me.

The Vlad discussion was part of why I asked.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yea I don't mind not killing Nasus or Mundo, because one thing I noticed is that no matter how well or bad the laning goes Vlad's damage will always be relevant thanks to his aoe DFG and ridiculous cooldowns.

Is rylai really that good on him ? I feel like it's just a math trap where you don't get that much health/ap compared to a good ol' rabadon and the slow doesn't give anything unless you've already built liandry (which isn't very effective unless you've already built rylai).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If i'm the only one on the team doing well, I feel like I need rylais so I can play the damage soaker, team crowd control and magic damage carry. Depends on your play style really as well. Sometimes I definitely feel I do not need rylais at all (any team with consistent / reliable ranged cc), but other times, for every half second or so i'm slowing that shyvana down, is an upgraded chance of winning the team fight.

Yes, it's very very VERY hard to stop Vlad farming. Like, lol, Ima push the lane to your tower in under a minute, and you cannot stop me, oh and if you kill me I'll be able to get back in time to rinse repeat, geegee
regular game against an elise jungle usually involves me having the highest cs in the game but go 0/5. Who cares.

Last edited:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
What's peoples opinions on Vel'koz? I think he is pretty strong but needs the right comp to work. Also everyone seems to build him glasscannon which is ********.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
hooray i'm diamond!

i quite like vel koz, but i like all void champions. played 2 games with him: i think his early laning is on the weak side (i think he will struggle vs aggressive mid laners), but once he has an item or two, it's all good. he seems to have very low mana requirements as well, so you can just spam spells for the entirety of the game.

Life

Smash Hero
Rylai's Vel'koz to help him land his full ult?

Faced him the other day with my nearly-first-time Orianna. Got killed in lane three times (once a solo kill by their jungle Nasus because I got greedy) and still was able to out-shove and out-roam him.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/03/35-pbe-update.html

Daaang the Kog buffs.
I'm glad they are giving him the skillshot Q again. Last time they tried it out I thought that was great. Actually feels like Kog has four skills worth using. But as if that's not enough, that buff to the armor/magic resist shred o_o
AP Kog with Void Staff or AD Kog with Last Whisper will just destroy everything... even more than he already does...
The mana you no longer have to spend on W goes straight into more ults or Q's considering you'll actually want to cast Q now.

Tristana getting the same treatment with steroid Q costing zero mana now. Actually not sure why Tristana doesn't see play right now. Is her midgame really that poor? Her early game is passable, and her lategame is practically unbeatable. Over 700 range, massive AS steroid, healing reduction, resetting jump, self peel potentially AoE knockback... Good luck beating that.

Finally some Vi nerfs. Hitting Q's damage is very welcome.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So apparently Warwicks getting a rework? This has probably been known for awhile but i'm pretty excited about that coming out. It's funny so many people play him, yet all of his skills have like, no synergy together. His skill set never really felt focused enough.

A few mentions from Zenon, the guy reworking him are having his Ulti cause Aoe fear to all champions around him to prevent it from being interrupted and having his W replaced with some kinda pounce move that allows him to return to his original position if it misses and causes knockback when it hits. So something that lets him harass a bit?

He's apparently really adamant about getting rid of his W though. Which i'm okay with.

None of these are set in stone, but i'd like it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Tristana getting the same treatment with steroid Q costing zero mana now. Actually not sure why Tristana doesn't see play right now. Is her midgame really that poor? Her early game is passable, and her lategame is practically unbeatable. Over 700 range, massive AS steroid, healing reduction, resetting jump, self peel potentially AoE knockback... Good luck beating that.
Tristana's early game would be okay if Jinx and Lucian weren't so much better with so little effort. Her damage requires her to all-in with no method of escape. She screwed up once she's doomed. Not to mention she auto pushes waves by last hitting.

If you don't outright destroy early, then you suck tremendously for the next 10 minutes.

If you survive 40 minutes, then you become god.

It's not just her terrible midgame anymore. Her early game, while not exactly weak, suffers because all of the good ADCs do the same amount of damage without any of the risks, so there's no reason to pick her over them. :applejack:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If tristana doesn't enter the mid game at a good amount of gold already, she's really really screwed/useless. FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

I think she can hold off fine if she's matching CS, getting ganks off + global gold. But in any game where her early isn't good or greater she's just a useless flub.
IMO though, she's the ranged carry that was designed to be a solo laner. She really is just stupendously safe and REALLY REALLY SCARY in 1v1 situations throughout the laning phase. Like E is uncounterable harass. Pushing the lane hard is the meta. And her scaling per level is quite noticeable in comparison to most ranged ads.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/03/35-pbe-update.html

Daaang the Kog buffs.
I'm glad they are giving him the skillshot Q again. Last time they tried it out I thought that was great. Actually feels like Kog has four skills worth using. But as if that's not enough, that buff to the armor/magic resist shred o_o
AP Kog with Void Staff or AD Kog with Last Whisper will just destroy everything... even more than he already does...
The mana you no longer have to spend on W goes straight into more ults or Q's considering you'll actually want to cast Q now..
I'm assuming the penetration comes before the damage is applied. It used to be .8 ap ratio too (when they first mentioned changing it to a skill shot). But if its the case of pre-pen then yeah, looking awesome. I'm already surprised you don't see Kog'Maw in games as ranged ADs considering how competent he can be in lane anyway (the mana cost of W being removed is a sure fire way of seeing him really show off in bot lane though, imo). When I've played ranged AD kog, I max out E, a 1000 range aoe nuke on an okay slow is pretty good, w giving him that 600+ range is also pretty good. he can farm pretty reliably/safely even in high pressure lanes like Caitlyn. But yeah, no mana cost on W? That's going to be too easy... lol. Like... he's going to be really ****ing annoying to deal with in bot lane. Being able to chunk any enemy with 2-3 aas (yeah, get ****ed up Leona) of W is already cheesy. No mana cost to it? LOLOLOL.

Like the only reason I wouldn't want to pick kog as ranged ad at this time is because of Shyvana... Also I could've sworn that the scaling on his ult also scaled +25% on champions... I wonder if that's one of those "oops we didn't notice this bug, better pretend it never existed".

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
the scaling on kog's ult has never applied to champions as far as i can remember.

kog's one of those champions that i really want to play, but the meta is too damn harsh on him. kinda like poppy.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Does resistance shred/reduction tied to abilities normally occur before the damage is dealt?
I know Black Cleaver applies its reduction after the damage is dealt, but this makes sense because the tooltip states it doesn't apply a stack of its debuff until damage has been dealt.
I tried to find some information on abilities like Jarvan Q, Wukong Q, etc. but came up empty.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
the scaling on kog's ult has never applied to champions as far as i can remember.

kog's one of those champions that i really want to play, but the meta is too damn harsh on him. kinda like poppy.
Iunno. Season 4's been awful nice to Poppy. Dorans, Defensive Tree, lack of safe invading on jungles.

She's the best she's ever been since Season 4, and people are slowly starting to catch on that 8 seconds of invincibility is broken as ****. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
iono man, double philo stone double heart of gold poppy was a beast.

mana restoration jungle items really is probably the best thing she's ever had available for her though.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I never see a poppy outside of Espy's. Not even in the spectate live things, most I see from there is LMQ Tc fighting each other almost all the time or Cloud 9.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
iono man, double philo stone double heart of gold poppy was a beast.

mana restoration jungle items really is probably the best thing she's ever had available for her though.
EASILY the best. The spirit stone items are glorious for that.
Plus she gets true damage if she goes for deeps on the EL, so it's even better.
Tower dives at level 6 no problem. Easiest kills in history.

They're definitely the best, but the entire revamped jungle and the introduction of trinkets gave her everything she really needs in the jungle. She can still be better, but now at the very least, she's viable.:applejack:

Last edited:
Top Bottom