• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney (See First Post for Results)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I'll be going. (I wonder who the lucky person to face me will be. :p)

I'll be bringing my copy of brawl too, just incase.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
いいぞ、賃仕事の皆… 私は今日起こった結果に驚いています。 KAは本当に良いです… STBはもったいないです… AZはもったいないです。

また、私はIkeをプレーし終わっています。 現在現在、私は現在、私のメインとしてDiddyとDiddy、Fox、およびPokemonTrainerを演じるつもりです。

Corigames

Smash Hero
Gg's

Though... I hate all of you. That money was suppose to go to me to get me out of debt, help rent, and buy food.

You selfish whores >_>

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Thanks, Manny.

This tournament kindled my interests in Brawl. Hell, this morning, I was still considering quitting, but now, after doing so awfully at the tourney, I'm ready to get srsly srs.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
****in Pikachu. I was hoping he would play Falco again, but, at the same time, knew that Chaos wouldn't be foolish enough to do that ;) God**** 'chu spam. Good match though.

I really didn't care about getting ranked. All I wanted to do was prove to you guys (especially Vat and Tai) that I have a sick Toon Link. I think I accomplished my goal. I'd like to thank Goop and all of ya'll for a wonderful afternoon. Don't worry about having to redo the brackets. **** happens. I can't wait to play all of you again soon. :D

Oh, Demised....I will be more than happy to make you a sig.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
****in Pikachu. I was hoping he would play Falco again, but, at the same time, knew that Chaos wouldn't be foolish enough to do that ;) God**** 'chu spam. Good match though.

I really didn't care about getting ranked. All I wanted to do was prove to you guys (especially Vat and Tai) that I have a sick Toon Link. I think I accomplished my goal. I'd like to thank Goop and all of ya'll for a wonderful afternoon. Don't worry about having to redo the brackets. **** happens. I can't wait to play all of you again soon. :D

Oh, Demised....I will be more than happy to make you a sig.
Lol, when did I ever say anything? All **** talk comes from the keyboard of Vat-Grizzy.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to everyone for coming.

Things went smoothly for the Doubles tourney, though I wish we had a bigger turnout. We still did well though with 22 people, kudos to Basics (Casey and Brandon) for winning.

The singles tourney got out to a good start. We had exactly double the amount that we had in doubles, 44 people. We ran into a problem an hour and a half into the tourney, when I accidentally messed up the bracket trying to add someone who initially wasn't in the bracket, but paid to play. I am going to download the non-beta TIO and hope fully I don't experience that problem again.

I sincerely apologize for that time loss. I really wish that didn't happen, but sh*t happens.

Thanks to everyone who helped me call matches and report wins. I really was feeling quite tired half way through the singles and yall helping me was great. THANKS!!!

For those who left early I also apologize, in the future I will be more forthcoming in stating that there are no refunds. The problem is that if I do it for one person I got to do it for everyone. I simply can't go around returning tourney fees to people. In the future I will make it very clear that as soon as I take your money there will be no seeing it again unless you place.

Other than that I think the tournament was a big success. I definitely got to see some great matches, especially at the finals. GG to Ka for taking the singles tourney. You did great guy, you deserve it.

Oh and one more thing I want to mention is the whole kicking incident. I want to make it clear that if your opponent is trash talking you or getting under your skin you are more than welcomed to pause the match and come and get me. I will tell your opponent about the rules and give them a warning, as per the rules. However when you start to take matters into your own hands and hit another person that is going too far and I will not tolerate that.

For future reference to anyone coming to my tourneys I won't even think twice about it, consider yourself DQ'ed and gtfo.

Sorry to end on a sour note, but all in all I had a great time. I hope to see all of you again when I do my next tournament. However this will be the last time I do it at my house. 60 people in my house at one time is ridiculous!

Thanks again to everyone who came, srsly, AZ too good!

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Lol, when did I ever say anything? All **** talk comes from the keyboard of Vat-Grizzy.
Acutually, it was ELVIS who started that whole thing, when he posted his "journal entry" about finally beating me twice in a row. Anyway, every one of yoy guys are cool as hell. I really liked playing with all of you. Its nice having good competition and being able to share funny **** and strategies with each other. We got to do it again some time.

Thank you to everyone for coming.

Things went smoothly for the Doubles tourney, though I wish we had a bigger turnout. We still did well though with 22 people, kudos to Basics (Casey and Brandon) for winning.

The singles tourney got out to a good start. We had exactly double the amount that we had in doubles, 44 people. We ran into a problem an hour and a half into the tourney, when I accidentally messed up the bracket trying to add someone who initially wasn't in the bracket, but paid to play. I am going to download the non-beta TIO and hope fully I don't experience that problem again.

I sincerely apologize for that time loss. I really wish that didn't happen, but sh*t happens.

Thanks to everyone who helped me call matches and report wins. I really was feeling quite tired half way through the singles and yall helping me was great. THANKS!!!

For those who left early I also apologize, in the future I will be more forthcoming in stating that there are no refunds. The problem is that if I do it for one person I got to do it for everyone. I simply can't go around returning tourney fees to people. In the future I will make it very clear that as soon as I take your money there will be no seeing it again unless you place.

Other than that I think the tournament was a big success. I definitely got to see some great matches, especially at the finals. GG to Ka for taking the singles tourney. You did great guy, you deserve it.

Oh and one more thing I want to mention is the whole kicking incident. I want to make it clear that if your opponent is trash talking you or getting under your skin you are more than welcomed to pause the match and come and get me. I will tell your opponent about the rules and give them a warning, as per the rules. However when you start to take matters into your own hands and hit another person that is going too far and I will not tolerate that.

For future reference to anyone coming to my tourneys I won't even think twice about it, consider yourself DQ'ed and gtfo.

Sorry to end on a sour note, but all in all I had a great time. I hope to see all of you again when I do my next tournament. However this will be the last time I do it at my house. 60 people in my house at one time is ridiculous!
We are thinking about having tournaments here at the U of A sometime......

In2D

Smash Apprentice
Well, that tourney was definitely alot of fun, and I know I would have regret almost not going like I did this morning. There was so much excitement going on I didn't know what to do! I mean come on, some fighting, some brawling and some restartin'.

I just want to say thanks to goop for hosting the thing, and like Pxg said, we're probably going to try and get a weekly or bi-weekly tourney running down at U of A that everyone is welcome to join. More details on that when we actually decide.

And the last thing that I decided is that I need to talk more **** on these boards, I wanna be known too, haha. I had so much fun and hopefully i'll see a bunch of you guys that I met today again some time soon.

Peace,

2D

pirateguru

Smash Apprentice
this being my first smash tourney I had a lot of fun. I did get out quick, but I gained so much as player in those four matches more then any other time I've played smash

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can I get a smash scholarship from the Goop foundation? I need money to money match people. Vicious circle, eh?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Good times....Everything went well and it was a blast....the next tourney will have all of STB and TCB on the top 5. This is just the beginning. :) Everyone did great....too many props to goop for running this thing. Thats the most positive thing you'll ever hear or see for while.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Im happy to see Jacob on top!GJ
That means a lot to me, Charlie. Thank you.

I wish you could have been there man. I was a nervous wreck, ha.

Good times....Everything went well and it was a blast....the next tourney will have all of STB and TCB on the top 5. This is just the beginning. :) Everyone did great....too many props to goop for running this thing. Thats the most positive thing you'll ever hear or see for while.
Fo sho, Vat.

Wait, nevermind. False alarm. I hate Brawl again.
He doesn't mean it folks.

/kick

Did anyone see how fast the kid ran when 4 people behind me stood up?
I remember hearing a loud *THUD*! from across the entire house then immediately feeling said kid running past me. haha, he turned into The Flash. But I was glad to see that it was all squashed, sorta.

Finally thank you Goop (so much) for having TCB and me over. Thanks for taking the time and effort to host this tourney. I think that you're the Gimpyfish of Arizona but better. And most of all thanks for the complimentary water. I really, really, really needed that water.

And to all the great players I played in my bracket, you all were tough and didn't make it easy. The more we ALL play the more, the better AZ gets. So lets keep up that training!

STB-TCB joint links, son! AZ too good.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Good **** at the tourney. I got *****, but it was much more enjoyable than playing with the people I'm used to playing with.

And of course, props to Ka for his victory. I wish I was there to watch it. D:

CHUK

Smash Ace
Goop since u made this tourny a brawl tourny, if you host in the future u should make a Smash Bros for N64 and Melee tourny!!!!... :( :D

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Singles:

1: KA ($132.00)
He was SICK, that guy was SICK, totally SICK, like SICK, he had a HIGH TEMPERATURE, the nurse made him LIE DOWN FOR 10 MINUTES, he called home but HIS MOM WASN'T THERE, he had to walk home because he was SICK!

Good ****, Jake.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
"You play Pit. You're an assh0le"

"I just talk ****"

"RTS!!!!!!"

"Sad face"

"FAMILY!!!!!!"

"You shut the *** up!"

"*****' Pikachu"

"BULL****!!!!"

*kick* *thud*

*sound of GC controller being shattered in a million pieces *

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That pink haired dude was cool. He broke his controller because he's a man of his word.

Also, that was some crazy ****talk while Peter(?) and I were playing. From both sides. Good Metaknight.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Manny, if you find a Brawl disk in your room, it's mine.
I got it here. Also I always seem to end up with peoples controllers. Do you guys not care about your controllers?! My controller is like my baby, I would go crazy if it was lost. Anywho I ended up with two gamecube controllers. Post or pm me if you lost one at the tourney.

Oh and did anyone take a Wiimote that had Duracell batteries in it? I found one I thought was mine but it had different batteries. Also the one I found was broken which leads me to believe some one may have tried the old switcheroo on me.

Its cool if no one can find it tho cuz I am just gonna send the defective Wiimote to Nintendo to fix it.

I may post the brackets if I am not so busy later on in the week but don't expect it tonight. Oh and to answer Rang Flash's question. Jax placed higher in the losers bracket then you did, just because you beat him in the winners doesn't mean you should place higher, you both ended up in the loser bracket where you end up there determines the true placing.

sLicK.tdf

Smash Apprentice
thanks power. good to play some new characters, your R.O.B. is on point. good job to everyone that stayed through the bracket reset. **** you to all that decided to be *****es.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun even though a blind fell on me and for some reason didn't get put into the brackets ;_;

but it was nice meeting a lot of you and getting to have some good games, hopefully get to play with all of you guys again soon.

Top Bottom