• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney (See First Post for Results)

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else think the cost for singles is high and the cost of doubles is high?:confused: Its a Brawl Tourney and its one of the first. Why is the Vat-Cost still 10$ and 20$ per team. Are you gonna feed us again, Manny? I hope you do..yum,yum.:p

Statistics

Smash Cadet
It's been quite a while since I've been to Smashboards, but after Brawl came out I just couldn't resist the urge to try playing competitively again...

I've been reading the past few pages of the AZ threads and it looks like a lot of the Melee guys who kicked my *** have disappeared; what happened to them? Coreygames is the only name I recognize.

As for me, if you remember the old crowd, I was the white guy in glasses who very stubbornly mained Roy and was horrible at spacing.

I have no interest in playing online, it's not good practice. With that said, I'll be attending the tournament this Saturday to meet you all.

Out of coutesy and as a gesture of my goodwill, I offer a warning:

Snake & Pit.

Snakepit.

EDIT: I don't suppose you really care what I was doing, but I was playing Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Capcom VS. SNK 2.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, Stat. I and others know you. Were you ever playing competitively? I remember you coming to my house a couple of times and then you disappeared.

Statistics

Smash Cadet
Trust me, Stat. I and others know you. Were you ever playing competitively? I remember you coming to my house a couple of times and then you disappeared.
Yeah, I just wasn't good at it. More specifically, I knew the basics like all the ATs, but I was not very well informed on stage counter-picking, character matchups, and spacing.

After seeing how Brawl is a bit "simpler" than melee (at least for now), I thought it would be a better fit for me since I'm better at "simple" Capcom 2D fighters.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just wasn't good at it. More specifically, I knew the basics like all the ATs, but I was not very well informed on stage counter-picking, character matchups, and spacing.

After seeing how Brawl is a bit "simpler" than melee (at least for now), I thought it would be a better fit for me since I'm better at "simple" Capcom 2D fighters.
I suppose......I guess those counter-picks took away that W, huh? Practice makes Forward. Even if your good at simple games, the fact of the matter is that competition isn't going to hault. Theres already people that play brawl that are pretty good. I give this game like another 4 months before it starts getting intense. I play a lot of vs. fighting games and am natually good at them, but it doesn't stop other people from ****** me in Brawl or Melee. Just practice, Stat.

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Vat- Zero. Less than 3 days before the big Goop tourney

"Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney"

When:
- On Saturday April 5th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282

Goop

Smash Journeyman
I need Wii's, TV's and Brawl.

Start volunteering.

People I know who can bring stuff are:

Yammer
Dan
Tai
Oscar
Brandon

If any of you guys can bring stuff for the tourney please do.

Calderon

Smash Rookie
I might be able to bring another TV, but it's kinda heavy...

Add +1 Copy of Brawl though as I'll bring mine. (No Wii yet though :()

Corigames

Smash Hero
I can bring a copy and a wii, but no TV.

Also, may I re-propose the AZ vent channel? We can play online matches with vent on and talk to each other without having to worry about the stupid taunt crap or phone trees. Eh? Plus, we can get on to talk so we don't have to rely on the boards, especially when they crash like they have been recently.

So...?

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a copy and a wii, but no TV.

Also, may I re-propose the AZ vent channel? We can play online matches with vent on and talk to each other without having to worry about the stupid taunt crap or phone trees. Eh? Plus, we can get on to talk so we don't have to rely on the boards, especially when they crash like they have been recently.

So...?
what is this? :confused:

navillus

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a small 13 in TV brawl and a Wii. Unless there is a problem with the TV being so small. This is byoc right? does anyone actually use the Wiimotes for brawl?

navillus

Smash Apprentice
i plan too. I have a controller from when the first purple cubes were released. I've been playing her for 5 years now and she's still going. I named her Charlene. lol

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Oscar: Goop told me to be at his place around 10:30 am. I need to pick you up along with everyone else that is going tomorrow. He also said that you should bring your Wii. That goes to Tai and Poke, too, and anyone else that can. I'll try to bring mine as well.

What I need from you is a list of people that are going tomorrow, because Avery told me he was going as well. Leave message here because I'm going to be at work til midnight. ****ing Fry's.

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry everyone.

I planned to attend this with KosukeKGA here, but I had unexpected plans pop up this weekend.
I wanted to meet everyone but... maybe next time. =[

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the late update but I made some changes to the counter pick stage list.

This list is firm so do not ask if I am going to change it. It will be the list that will be enforce at the tournament.

See you all tomorrow.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
stephen king poetry ftw

tai, double post again and ill cut your f*cking head off

other than that... everyone have fun today, lolz

Top Bottom