• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Also, who didn't see this coming? You'd have to be an idiot not to expect his placement, most people who knew what they were talking about predicted that Armada would get top 10 / top 5 a few months before Genesis. Armada is good.
Hahah. Yeah hindsight bias is great isn't it?

hey i just read this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6380069&highlight=armada+genesis#post6380069

from like page 10 its really funny how the mikehagger guy actually was right about everything he said and he got flamed lolz
its funny to read the things ppl wrote about armada aswell haha
Haha wow. I remember reading those posts too. I have learned so much from a lot of their play and since I'm not pro, I formed my opinions around what they said.

But, as afterdawn clearly points out, they are all idiots for holding those opinions. :laugh:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
...Piece of **** character? So being at the top of high tier and being ranked as the 5th best character in the game is a piece of **** character? Really?

Also, who didn't see this coming? You'd have to be an idiot not to expect his placement, most people who knew what they were talking about predicted that Armada would get top 10 / top 5 a few months before Genesis. Armada is good.

And how does Armada's ability to play Peach at such a high level in Melee have any relation whatsoever to Peach in Brawl, or Brawl in general? I'm more inclined to say that his placement is a strong reflection of his understanding of the game and his individual skill level rather than how good of a character Peach is. But nonetheless, congratulations to Armada for getting 2nd place in, arguably, the biggest Melee tournament in the world so far (at least in America).
lol, look at the link in my sig, pretty sure vanz was one of the people flaming whoever it was that said armada was as good as like pink shinobi or whatever.

i read it and lol'd.

no hate on you vanz :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
But grab takes 7 frames to come out and can't forget about shieldstun and shieldhitlag.

18 frames is humanly impossible anyway.

<3
that includes sheild stun, they posted all the frames for it in cort's thread (i think), idk how you'd find it, but i remember seeing it somewhere

though i wonder how close to perfect he'd be with the hit lag on the shield, and i'd like to see someone time the grab within that like 2 frame window they have

Samochan

Smash Master
though i wonder how close to perfect he'd be with the hit lag on the shield, and i'd like to see someone time the grab within that like 2 frame window they have
My smashing partner peki once grabbed me with ganon when I was in the middle of dairing his shield. x_x I dunno how it was possible, cause there's only 4 frames between each kick peach does.

Samochan

Smash Master
No no, I was like directly hitting his shield normally, skirt around ganon's middle and peach inside ganon's shield, then all of a sudden he grabs me before I've finished the dair. There was no powershield nor I noticed any phantom. Only possible explanation would be grab outprioritising my dair, like on that magus gif where that marth grabs the other marth from dtilt distance away before the 7th frame. But still needs frame perfect timing. x_x

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
lol my old posts >_<

I blame MikeHagger for my stupidity entirely.

Samochan

Smash Master
lol my old posts >_<

And myself? >_>

Dude, you can't put the blame on us. :p It wasn't our fault you didn't trust our word nor the amount of awesome armada vids on the internet, thinking all the opponents were just sucky or unable to di and all (lol esa2 captain jack sucks).

Besides, I'm supposed to gloat on your face right about now, according to my old post. :laugh:

But I think I'll pass and hype armada instead and wait for more STIG vids, because he has turned you as well. :lick:

Oh and hopefully he'll go to this TSL (he should be going) that's 7-9th day in france. So we'd get some nice ajp_anton vids again with armada owning and some marth action from strawhat and makenshi and fun stuff. No best dutch players however, it seems (**** you!).

SSBMaaron

Smash Cadet
after genesis

be4 genesis

I never said that he sucks, nor did I say I was better than him. Don't be an idiot. I'm just saying, he's going to get ***** at Genesis. I can guarantee you he won't get top 5.

Samochan

Smash Master
*rolls around laughing*

This is too rich xD

But okay, enough of this. I'm uploading STIG regionals asap and it'll have 3 more armada matches. Then atm there is a tourney going on at sweden where ajp is recording, so expect more armada videos when ajp is finished with labeling STIG and processing this skåne swedish tourney. :3

Vegard

Smash Lord
lol my old posts >_<

Blame yourself. Just admit your predictions were wrong. What made it more stupid, was your super disgusting confidence about it. It's not like you're the only one to predict wrong about Armada.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's cooooooool, I'm just trying to talk so some of teh Europeans. I sent amsah a message as well (although he doesnt really check swf much it seems) :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah... I figured it's expensive...What's a good price for getting to the US? I don't even know.

From Sweden to NY it's $480 total, then really easy to hitch a ride down to MD. A transfer flight is like 150 extra, waste of money imo.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yeah... I figured it's expensive...What's a good price for getting to the US? I don't even know.

From Sweden to NY it's $480 total, then really easy to hitch a ride down to MD. A transfer flight is like 150 extra, waste of money imo.
From oulu, it's like 150€ first to capital, Helsinki. (there and back) Then another stop someplace, that'll be around 200-300 depending of the location (london, amsterdam), then prolly a lot to NY or so. And not gonna hitch a ride, too uncertain and unsafe imo. :p

I wager for something like 700-900€ the least. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom