• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Captain Falcon

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see you guys all ready have a few guides and strategies threads...including two video threads? Hmmm. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit :)

If you have any questions, please ask away.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice idea, I myself don't have time to do this, but good initiative, hope someone will clean our boards up a bit :).

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Any other serious responses?
My 2nd serious response would be that your post says nothing useful. We may or may not need to clean up the stickies? We may or may not need to reformat our character guide(s) to some invisible standard that all the other boards will conform to as well? I don't understand what you expect us to do. If our selection of stickies bugs you (like having 2 video threads stickied) PM one of our mods, because I sure can't change it. If you've got a problem with our guides, then you need to lay out whatever your user-friendly format is.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I am doing this universally, aka in every character board. Apologies for not being able to specifically mention solely all of the Falcon boards.

If you guys think the boards are fine and don't want my help in initiating any changes, you don't have to do anything. There's no need to act some what offended.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I think Noodlehead's guide is pretty much entirely complete, although I can't speak for him. Winnar is either done or almost done reformatting the old stuff in his video thread (v4), so I'll ask Falchion if he wants to unsticky the old one, which I think he intended to do when the new thread was made.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think this thread needs to be locked....
My 2nd serious response would be that your post says nothing useful. We may or may not need to clean up the stickies? We may or may not need to reformat our character guide(s) to some invisible standard that all the other boards will conform to as well? I don't understand what you expect us to do. If our selection of stickies bugs you (like having 2 video threads stickied) PM one of our mods, because I sure can't change it. If you've got a problem with our guides, then you need to lay out whatever your user-friendly format is.
^These.

x10000.

This thread does not contribute to falcons metagame, and because of that, this thread is a spam thread.

Dont spam virgilijus..you are a mod, man.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I actually think this is a good idea. A lot has changed since the Falcon guides were originally made. Although... maybe this could have gone in Q&A? I don't know. When I post stuff there people ignore me...
Because I'm stupid, I suppose.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I wouldn't necessarily say it's your fault: some boards have odd traffic. Would you be intereste din helping reformat things, beatles?

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
ToKneeOrNotToKnee said:
Virgilius, can I have a moment of your time, to say that you, although I dont know you, and I dont want to know you, but you specifically said in the message of the infraction that got me banned, that I could contact you to fight said infraction, but, though you are probably unaware, I am unable to do so, due to a ban I got due to your infraction. I will not suffer from your insecurity. Your threads do not contribute to any metagame nor to any of the boards.

I do not say this to get back at you, because I dont really care that I'm banned, I do care about how I got banned, as it shows injustice.

You should close your own threads. As you want to close Red-Blue's thread too. I know you do. But you can't.

This board is about a video game. Not about your grudge against me, Red-Blue or, maybe, your social life.

Thank you.
Dropping a message,

btw im winning teeheehee.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The message also said to contact Forum Support which you can contact while still banned. That and I didn't actually post that: it was the automatic response with all infractions which you should know. This is not the last place for you (or Red-Blue posting for you) to discuss it and I'm not going to tolerate any more mention of it.

Any more comments on helping the Falcon Boards?

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
I'm not going to tolerate any more mention of it.
blahblahblah

You still dont seem to understand that there is nothing for you to, or not to, tolerate. The fact I could contact you, even though true unkown reasons, which I admit, was my fault for overlooking, doesnt take away the fact I cannot contest what has has taken place, regardless of ways to contact you.

As I have spoken to you about a serious matter, the matter of your threads not contributing in any way, which you have cast aside using your imaginary supriority over me, and other posters, with your mod status.

This is obviously not the idea of beeing a mod. Your idea of this thread, and to my understanding, the same thread you have posted on various boards, is a bad idea, and doesnt help. Though this isn't nice to hear, its your duty as a mod to accept the fact you have made a mistake. At least, on the falcon board you have. I'm not talking about other community's, community's who may be under the impression of your idea beeing a good one somehow, probably partially do to your red username.

I will not tolerate a spam thread beeing tolerated because it is made by a mod, regardless of you infracting people who dissagree with you. And I hope other boards have come to the conclusion of your idea beeing not so good, too. As it seems to be a nice gesture of the ones ' ruling' this site, but all it is, is telling the posters to get the act together you cant get together.

And if you still insist on getting this message across, and are really think your idea will change something, please post this in the Q&A thread, as this doesnt deserve its own thread. At all.

Thank you.

~2Knee
Dropping a message x2.

Try not to threaten me when I'm completely in my right to do said actions.

This is a threat.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Sorry about that, folks.

Beatles: if you need any help or cooperation with updating threads just send me a line.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm just going to drop in and say that this is making the Falcon boards look VERY bad. The least some of you could do is discuss the topic maturely or even dispute in the proper forum sections, not stoop to such lows as copying messages on the behalf of banned users.

Well, that and a basic, proper understanding of what we're trying to accomplish here wouldn't hurt.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What do you guys have in mind with the reformatting? I like the idea of seeing if boards need it, but I'm pretty sure that the Falcon boards' guide and video thread are pretty much complete and in good hands. And discussing this stuff in the Q&A may not be a bad idea based on the last few posts here.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
What do you guys have in mind with the reformatting? I like the idea of seeing if boards need it, but I'm pretty sure that the Falcon boards' guide and video thread are pretty much complete and in good hands. And discussing this stuff in the Q&A may not be a bad idea based on the last few posts here.
The Q&As are typically for questions about the character: this is about the boards itself. if you guys think the guides/math up discussions/etc. are all user friendly and updated consistently, then you don't really have anything you have to do. Some other boards have more...cluttered and outdated threads but I posted this thread in each forum because I don't keep in constant contact with all of them.

EDIT:

Blahblahwutever said:
Virg, I still don't know what you're trying to do.
I'm trying to start a forum wide update of each character board's stickies. many of them are very out of date and cluttered. I think that in many ways that hinders newcomers to the character so...I'm trying to do something about it.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
The Q&As are typically for questions about the character: this is about the boards itself. if you guys think the guides/math up discussions/etc. are all user friendly and updated consistently, then you don't really have anything you have to do. Some other boards have more...cluttered and outdated threads but I posted this thread in each forum because I don't keep in constant contact with all of them.

EDIT:

I'm trying to start a forum wide update of each character board's stickies. many of them are very out of date and cluttered. I think that in many ways that hinders newcomers to the character so...I'm trying to do something about it.
Most people like their own threads. If you want people to change them, you're really gonna have to look at 'em all and say which ones you don't like and why, and then they might change it to how you want it if they feel like it. If you REALLY want change, you'll also unsticky all of them and make people PM you (or other mods who have some list of Virgilijus-approved requirements for stickyness) to get threads stickied, so that you can make sure all stickies are up to your standards. I'

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I'm not saying I want all of them changed. As I said before, if you guys like them as is then there this doesn't affect you at all. All I'm saying is, we're trying to put some initiative in the boards since there has been a lull (in many's) activity. A lot of people need a push before doing things and I'm saying "If you guys decide 'Yeah, some of these are old or need to be redone', I can help you in terms of stickying posts/merging threads/etc." That's all.

If you guys are good as is, no need to try to do anything.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Or you can take the task all to yourself and rewrite everyone's threads. Unfortunately, that would be a ton of work and might only piss off dedicated users. Maybe you can set some guidelines for thread making?

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Virg, this is a good idea.

But, we (the falcon boards) have tried many times to clean up our boards and stickies. It ends up being drama.

The general consensus refuses to budge from their vegetated state...

I'm sorry if that isn't what you would like to hear but the past says that it just won't work and a bunch of people will get butt hurt. That's that way they want to be. Personally, I feel done with the falcon boards. I don't post much here and am more involved with Marth and Wolf. So I guess this is farewell.

Hope that with you here things will improve.

C ya --Darx

Player-3

Smash Hero
Virg, this is a good idea.

But, we (the falcon boards) have tried many times to clean up our boards and stickies. It ends up being drama.

The general consensus refuses to budge from their vegetated state...

I'm sorry if that isn't what you would like to hear but the past says that it just won't work and a bunch of people will get butt hurt. That's that way they want to be. Personally, I feel done with the falcon boards. I don't post much here and am more involved with Marth and Wolf. So I guess this is farewell.

Hope that with you here things will improve.

C ya --Darx
i h8 u virg i said not to infract me cuz i neededd one moar point to be banned and u did infract me
</3!

@ontopic
threads really dont need to be remade, the people ON the BOARDS need to be fixed
|:

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
Now that I know what we're trying to do, this is a really nice idea.
And LOL at Red-Blue and ToKneeOrNotToKnee making more accounts.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
LoL at the amount of people banned in this thread :p...
But anyways, I've been looking with a more watchfull and justified eye at the boards as a whole, first I stated they could need some clean-up, but now I think we're just fine, I find the boards easy to traverse and all threads that need stickies are stickied (except for the Falcon Social Thread, which should be stickied imo). Other than that, I think we're cool. (why shouldn't we be ;)..)

Redd-Blue

Smash Rookie
Maybe we can mix some threads together? 2 video threads (best example).

Guide + Tips thread and Video + Media thread. Social + Socialize thread, etc etc

also hi

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
See ya darx.
Stop by sometime, why doncha?
I'm gonna lurk here for a bit. See if anything entertaining happens besides drama. Apparently, drama likes me quite a bit and I don't want to harm the boards.

If nothing develops in the next few weeks then I'm outta here. Anything happens here, PM me and I'll join the fun.

Later sucka's

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I'm gonna lurk here for a bit. See if anything entertaining happens besides drama. Apparently, drama likes me quite a bit and I don't want to harm the boards.

If nothing develops in the next few weeks then I'm outta here. Anything happens here, PM me and I'll join the fun.

Later sucka's
How many "bye, I'm leaving" posts have you made here? :p But have fun at the Marf boards or wherever. *chains bike*

Top Bottom