• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
User was warned for this post
Cute, but you didn't actually respond to anything I said. This isn't about Sabi, this is about your new "claims". But if you wanna talk about Sabi, I do think it's kinda funny that you happened to suddenly decide that he's evil incarnate (after having name-dropped him in your "leaks" for months on end) right at the same time the spotlight was on you for your own lies. It's almost as if you were attempting to shift focus elsewhere......:ohwell:

Still waiting for that chat you begged to have with me here, by the way.
That boat sailed. I was willing to talk to you in private about things like Paragon and Krono and give you the full report but you turned it down and basically proved my point that you genuinely don't care about the truth, you just want to throw mud. Also, more fun:

Screenshot_20191209-085341.png

Screenshot_20191209-085414.png

Screenshot_20191209-085433.png

And then:

Screenshot_20191206-131010.png

So an agreement made in private based on something that ultimately wasn't true because I had permission but I didn't fight and there wasn't supposed to be any hard feelings despite Sabi making someone else do it and then personally going back and lying about all of it to other people. How's that for a summary?

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
We already have 2 marios in the game. Fawful is cool. So is Geno. Geno also represents the very first Mario RPG and the implementation of the timed hit mechanic in a better way since he was an actual playable character whereas Fawful was not. He also represents the prior good working relationship Nintendo and SE had during the 90s.
And we already have Megaman and Mii Gunner, so basically the same point can be used against Geno in matter of already having similar characters, with the difference that Paper Mario is completely unique.
Fawful was a main villain in two big games.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
You know something just clicked in my head. IF Dohavkin was a fighter, his stage could be the mountain where you meet Paarthurnax who just happens to be voiced by Mario himself!

That would be crazy. But with Geno (hopefully) coming along, I know I have mentioned way back and someone else brought it up. What if we got some SMRPG music PLUS some other Mario RPG music? Maybe some battle music from TTYD?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
And we already have Megaman and Mii Gunner, so basically the same point can be used against Geno in matter of already having similar characters, with the difference that Paper Mario is completely unique.
However that is like saying why bother putting in Paper Mario when we have Mr. Game and Watch? Both flat characters that has a giant hammer for an attack.

Characters are made unique. If Cloud Link and Hero can all co-exist with the same weapon and background, Geno could definitely bring something unique to the Gunner/Mega Man archetype.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Yeah but we've already got King Dedede and Bowser Jr, so Paper Mario and Fawful wouldn't be that unique either. ;P

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
No, I mean Paper Mario, Doctor Mario, and Mario are all different variations of literally the same character. Geno, Megaman, and Mii Gunner are not the same character. Their abilities are also very different from one another. Just because they have arm based gun weapons doesn't make them the same character. Fawful was a main villain, but as I said wasn't playable and therefore wouldn't really be a good candidate for a timed hit mechanic as much as Geno or even Mallow would.

D

Deleted member

**** dude you got me, I can't believe I was so deluded that I thought Geno was going to get into the game when there were tons of characters who had guns on their arms already! How foolish of me! I feel like such an idiot for wanting Falco when Fox was already here and thinking guys with swords would be neat additions when we already had not only Link, but Marth!

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways, I'm going to go burn my Geno effigy at the stake to prove that my delusion is over and my adherence to the doctrines of this cult has ended.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
That boat sailed. I was willing to talk to you in private about things like Paragon and Krono and give you the full report but you turned it down and basically proved my point that you genuinely don't care about the truth, you just want to throw mud. Also, more fun:

View attachment 252515

View attachment 252518
View attachment 252519

And then:

View attachment 252520

So an agreement made in private based on something that ultimately wasn't true because I had permission but I didn't fight and there wasn't supposed to be any hard feelings despite Sabi making someone else do it and then personally going back and lying about all of it to other people. How's that for a summary?
Fatman, are you allergic to telling the truth, or something?

I did turn down your initial request; you came back and said the following:
Untitled.png

The boat hasn't "sailed", you specifically left it open. I did agree in my response to that, and you never showed.

Furthermore, for the billionth time, it doesn't matter if the split was amicable or not. I don't care if it was an agreement between you and the server. You said, in this thread, that you were "retiring from being an insider" and left out the part that the retirement was actually a forced one due to yourself being kicked out of the group.

THAT is my problem. You lied, plain and simple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, this thread is still haunted? Figures. :4pacman:
Because there is a ghost like Tom14 who wants to argue with the Geno thread. Luigi needs to come over here and suck him in his vacuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Stages are easy: High Hrogthar, Throat of the World, or Whiterun
Music: Do you even have to ask?
What Dragonborn: Probably another Hero/Robin/Corrin situation with multiple alts and genders
Nord, Argonian, Kajit, and then probably female variants of those three
This song is literally the entire reason I would like Dragonborn.

collater333

Smash Rookie
Alright I advice people to excersize healthy skepticism. I am not getting my hopes up (but will be gladly surprised).

Don't claim victory before it is achieved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 252525
The boat hasn't "sailed", you specifically left it open. I did agree in my response to that, and you never showed.

Furthermore, for the billionth time, it doesn't matter if the split was amicable or not. I don't care if it was an agreement between you and the server. You said, in this thread, that you were "retiring from being an insider" and left out the part that the retirement was actually a forced one due to yourself being kicked out of the group.

Again take it to the DMs. Take the leaker drama elsewhere.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hey man, fawful is pretty cool, and so is paper Mario, and you're right to like them. But believe me when I say that there ISN'T a point you can make that's gonna make anyone in this thread go "you know what, you're right! Geno DOESN'T deserve to be in smash"

Heoj

Smash Ace
Dang, i've read a bunch of old messages as i haven't been here in a while and the drama... is kind of embarrassing, y'all gotta chill.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I’m just relieved to finally be getting news on SOMETHING nintendo related tonight. That last direct was 9/4 so we’ve been in a pretty big dryspell

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

View attachment 252525

How does it personally affect you that he said he retired rather than extolling all the drama behind why he isn't a part of the server anymore? If anything it just seemed like someone not wanting to cause any drama. His post announcing things here seemed very amicable and didn't name names or drag anyone through the dirt. Also at a certain point your inter-discord/Gamefaqs drama isn't really related to what the thread is about. Can't you just hash this **** out over DMs or stick to gamefaqs? The insider/leak stuff was already borderline for being on-topic but your own personal back and forth with Fatman really isn't at all.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Hey Fatmanonice, I was a bit confused when you said that you "hated to be the bearer of bad news" regarding Smash, and that it had to do with a "particular fanbase". When you said that, did you mean that it would be a character that would make that fanbase upset, or would it be a deconfirmation that made that fanbase angry. I understand that you need to be vague, but if you could clear this up, I would appreciate that.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Alright Geno friends, see you guys later tonight. Hope Bethesda rises to the occasion tonight. If not, I am sure it will be a fun reveal regardless.

D

Deleted member

Burb's right, Fatman lied about retiring

Here he is talking to insiders and **** without being in Sabi's server.

He didn't choose the thug life, it chose him.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
**** dude you got me, I can't believe I was so deluded that I thought Geno was going to get into the game when there were tons of characters who had guns on their arms already! How foolish of me! I feel like such an idiot for wanting Falco when Fox was already here and thinking guys with swords would be neat additions when we already had not only Link, but Marth!

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways, I'm going to go burn my Geno effigy at the stake to prove that my delusion is over and my adherence to the doctrines of this cult has ended.
That was not my point, Megaman is unique, and Gunner is a general Gun character, Geno literally has like one or two actually unique things for a moveset.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Again take it to the DMs. Take the leaker drama elsewhere.
"it's okay when fatman replies to you, but your replies to him must be in private"

I'll take it to DMs once a mod tells me to, or Fatman messages me like he said he was going to. I'm not going to listen to some guy who's mad that his hugbox has some dissent in it. I'm not going to be here permanently, chillax. My messages shouldn't get in the way of your daily Geno affirmations.

Burb's right, Fatman lied about retiring

Here he is talking to insiders and **** without being in Sabi's server.

He didn't choose the thug life, it chose him.
I mean, technically he DID lie in a second way, since he's right back to pretending to be a super big inside guy once more.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Megadoomer Megadoomer Hate to tag ya, but...ugh.

Lord I hate saying this...Maybe a timeout is in order before we get TOO out of hand?
God bless you

Alright Geno friends, see you guys later tonight. Hope Bethesda rises to the occasion tonight. If not, I am sure it will be a fun reveal regardless.
Let's just wait and see what happens my friends

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Might get lost now that the leaker drama got rekindled but I'm going to be at work tonight so I'll miss the live announcement, if a smash character announcement happens, would one of you send me a dm titled "smash" so I know there is something I need to stay unspoiled over? last time I just decided to wait until after work I got spoiled on banjo during my way to the video and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

D

Deleted member

That was not my point, Megaman is unique, and Gunner is a general Gun character, Geno literally has like one or two actually unique things for a moveset.
Like the destructo disk? Turning into a cannon? A buffing move? An explosive laser show?

He's Mega Man from the Gameboy Mega Man 5, and we got Mega Man from Mega Man 3.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Hey Fatmanonice, I was a bit confused when you said that you "hated to be the bearer of bad news" regarding Smash, and that it had to do with a "particular fanbase". When you said that, did you mean that it would be a character that would make that fanbase upset, or would it be a deconfirmation that made that fanbase angry. I understand that you need to be vague, but if you could clear this up, I would appreciate that.
If it’s Dovakhin, probably both in regards to Doomguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom