• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't see why Fatman's lie about retiring matters. To be fair, if he told the truth, I'm sure people in here would start pestering Sabi and Nazyrus and whoever. Does it matter whether someone left the discord or was kicked out when the discord is just for "secret" insider info anyway? Plus it seems the reason he was kicked out was because of something he had permission for, which I'm sure would've made more people in here miffed. It was more of a white lie, was it not?

Heck, what's the point in being an insider/leaker dude? Fatman is trying to keep hopes high, but it seems most people just do it for e-cred or because of their own impatience.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Jesus, can the Geno thread just be ALLOWED to do their own thing and be left alone? All of this is happening because GameFAQs users are salty about Geno and combined with some losers trying to start drama because that's what gets them off.

If mods can take the time to point me for goofing around and ban OffBi OffBi just for doing one-word posts, maybe you could do your actual ****ing jobs and get this guy outta here?

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and Megadoomer Megadoomer and literally anyone else, for Christ's sake man!

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Like the destructo disk? Turning into a cannon? A buffing move? An explosive laser show?

He's Mega Man from the Gameboy Mega Man 5, and we got Mega Man from Mega Man 3.
Mii Swordfighter has Chakram, buffing moves already exists in Smash, the lasers would most likely be a Thunder recolor in Smash, turning into a cannon is the only actually unique thing,

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Warning Issued
Oh my goodness, a few posts a week directed towards the only guy who's telling you what you want to hear!

I'm dreadfully sorry for interrupting your dopamine fix once every 7 days.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
"it's okay when fatman replies to you, but your replies to him must be in private"

I'll take it to DMs once Fatman messages me like he said he was going to. I'm not going to listen to some guy who's mad that his hugbox has some dissent in it. I'm not going to be here permanently, chillax. My messages shouldn't get in the way of your daily Geno affirmations.
I don't think it's unfair to not want to be a part of "insider" drama. I agree, BOTH of you should take it to the dm's. this isn't the sabi vs fatman thread.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Welp, I will see y'all after the Awards! Love you all dearly, even the ones who just come in for whatever.

Anyhoo, maybe this will be Geno's chance? We shall see!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, are you allergic to telling the truth, or something?

I did turn down your initial request; you came back and said the following:
View attachment 252525
The boat hasn't "sailed", you specifically left it open. I did agree in my response to that, and you never showed.

Furthermore, for the billionth time, it doesn't matter if the split was amicable or not. I don't care if it was an agreement between you and the server. You said, in this thread, that you were "retiring from being an insider" and left out the part that the retirement was actually a forced one due to yourself being kicked out of the group.

THAT is my problem. You lied, plain and simple.
And I told everyone that it was done to avoid drama. As I showed, Sabi broke that promise to keep the split drama free and is literally the only reason this is happening right now.

Also, you seem to have missed these posts so here they are:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1987#post-23717937

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2029#post-23726629

These are just TWO scandals from the past year.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
That was not my point, Megaman is unique, and Gunner is a general Gun character, Geno literally has like one or two actually unique things for a moveset.
I mean that's not true. He has 4 different special abilities in SMRPG
along with his basic gun attacks that get upgraded with his different weapons you can purchase like
Finger Shot Hand Gun Double Punch Hand Cannon and Star Gun
1576183536361.png

All of those together especially combined with a timed hit mechanic would make for a potentially very fun character which Sakurai himself has even stated before.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness, a few posts a week directed towards the only guy who's telling you what you want to hear!

Apology not accepted.

It will only be accepted at the point in time when you say you will never return to the Geno Support thread on Smashboards and actually stick to your word so we don't have to see your burb-sona self anymore.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Jesus, can the Geno thread just be ALLOWED to do their own thing and be left alone? All of this is happening because GameFAQs users are salty about Geno and combined with some losers trying to start drama because that's what gets them off.

If mods can take the time to point me for goofing around and ban OffBi OffBi just for doing one-word posts, maybe you could do your actual ****ing jobs and get this guy outta here?

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and Megadoomer Megadoomer and literally anyone else, for Christ's sake man!
Justice for OffBi OffBi . Im not sure how long their ban is, butI think they’ve learned their lesson by now mods, they definitely dont deserve an indefinite ban for just goofing around

Edit: Looks like their ban ends tomorrow so nvm

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We’re sorry that we don’t want any drama in a thread. You or Fatman offer each other to take in a discord.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
how dare you be anything less than accepting of me coming into the thread to do nothing but take potshots at one of the regulars, whilst providing no meaningful discourse to the topic at hand
I fixed it up a little bit.
Tom is contributing more than you

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
I mean that's not true. He has 4 different special abilities in SMRPG
along with his basic gun attacks that get upgraded with his different weapons you can purchase like
Finger Shot Hand Gun Double Punch Hand Cannon and Star Gun View attachment 252531

All of those together especially combined with a timed hit mechanic would make for a potentially very fun character which Sakurai himself has even stated before.
We already got Beams in Smash, ROB for example.
Boost? Characters like Hero and WFT can already boost themselves.
Mii Swordfighter's Chakram.
It would just be Pikachu's Thunder with another color.
His only unique move.

Megaman already throws his arms as attack.

Last edited:

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
His only unique move.

Dude, just shut up lol

D

Deleted member

Mii Swordfighter has Chakram, buffing moves already exists in Smash, the lasers would most likely be a Thunder recolor in Smash, turning into a cannon is the only actually unique thing,
I'm going to just say that by your logic for what constitutes a character's worthiness, we should have stopped adding people after the first game. There hasn't been a single addition since then that does something just outright different than the others.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, let’s try to go back to Geno so forget Tom. If Geno has a stage, what would you like it to be?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Legacy XP's Geno moveset, even if it could have some touch ups or differences. Smash Bros. Crusade's seems good as well.

Both feel very unique from any character in Ultimate.

Anyway, let’s try to go back to Geno. If Geno has a stage, what would you like it to be?
Forest Maze, a travelling stage, Star Hill, Smithy's fighting area/Weapons Factory, or Bowser's Castle (either like the one from Legacy XP where you fight on top of the chandeliers, or in front of Exor or whatever).

Last edited:

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to just say that by your logic for what constitutes a character's worthiness, we should have stopped adding people after the first game. There hasn't been a single addition since then that does something just outright different than the others.
Mostly of unique characters has at least more than a completely unique move that nobody else has, even some Echos has more than one completely unique move.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I like how under Burb's profile picture it says "The Absolute Worst". Because that's what he's bringing to the thread right now.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I fixed it up a little bit.
Tom is contributing more than you
I'd rather un-Ignore wynn728 wynn728 and be forced to agree with each post he makes then deal with this douche-nozzle coming in periodically just to stir the pot and rustle his jimmies. Like, go back to your high-school algebra class and spread the drama over there.

Anyway, let’s try to go back to Geno. If Geno has a stage, what would you like it to be?
I this topic has been done in for a while, but I think the best course of action is a panning-stage much like Hero's that shows off different areas of SMRPG while letting us see some of the other characters.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yikes, I think I'm just going to go off somewhere else for a while. As someone who spends times on both Smashboards (and this thread) as well as gameFAQs , and as someone who has dealt with forum wars in the past, this stuff is just silly.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
His only unique move.

I mean we have plenty of characters that have similar sword attacks to one another in Smash too and even then Geno would do these things in a way that is different from these other characters (Hard Knuckle is a down smash while Geno's fist attack wouldn't be). People used similar types of criticisms towards MM before he got into Smash comparing him to Samus and look what happened there. You may not like Geno, but these criticisms are pretty weak. At the very least you'd have to admit he would be a better implementation of a timed hit mechanic than Fawful.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I always think of Forest Maze as the stage. Booster's Tower would be cool, too.

But, how about Bowser's Keep? Finally get his castle. Plus, sword splitting into the stage? Maybe it is more of a travel stage like Hero's? I think that could be pretty cool.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Burb: I'm only out for Fatman, me being here shouldn't bother you
Also Burb: Wow so sorry I'm interrupting you from getting your dopamine fix!

This is why we don't like you dude. You pull the rest of us in with this

D

Deleted member

Mostly of unique characters has at least more than a completely unique move that nobody else has, even some Echos has more than one completely unique move.
Ok let's go over it.

Mario - Great, he's original
Luigi - literally Mario
Donkey Kong - Mario but he's a gorilla
Samus - Donkey Kong but the charge punch is a projectile
Link - Great, he's original
Pikachu - Mario but small
Kirby - so unoriginal he has to steal everyone else's powers. Also Mario.
Captain Falcon - Samus but the charge shot is a punch again
Fox - Mario but the fireball goes in a straight line
Ness - Mario but the fireball is obnoxious
Yoshi - Mario but his second jump has super armor
Jigglypuff - Kirby but can't steal powers.

That's just the first game, and already the only characters with completely unique moves are Mario and Link.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
And I told everyone that it was done to avoid drama. As I showed, Sabi broke that promise to keep the split drama free and is literally the only reason this is happening right now.

Also, you seem to have missed these posts so here they are:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1987#post-23717937

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-2029#post-23726629

These are just TWO scandals from the past year.
It's ok to just drop the matter. It's already more than clear no one's getting anywhere productive, and at the end of the day we're all here for Smash Bros above all else. On that note, is there really nothing else to say in regards to whatever Smash reveal is coming up, let alone any potential positive news?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really want Exor sticking out of Bowser's Castle just because it's such iconic imagery and Bowser would also then get a stage too technically.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Just give up the arguments already. Give it a break. Go to another place to act like children. Don't continue it by name calling. It does nothing.

Now let's go back to Geno: The star of this thread.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I skipped some pages. Why did Offbi get banned and why is there so much drama right now??
Tomagaz14 wants to pick fight with the thread... again. And Burb doesn’t want to handle Fatman in a DM with all this insider drama.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Anyway, let’s try to go back to Geno so forget Tom. If Geno has a stage, what would you like it to be?
Definitely gotta go with Forest Maze for old time’s sake. You could fight on the big stump for Final Destination and Battlefield forms

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I always think of Forest Maze as the stage. Booster's Tower would be cool, too.

But, how about Bowser's Keep? Finally get his castle. Plus, sword splitting into the stage? Maybe it is more of a travel stage like Hero's? I think that could be pretty cool.
How about Nimbus Land? i think that would be a good choice for a stage too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom