• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so let me get this straight...

Cloud was seen using his Ultimate render as a fighter spirit. If both of his spirits are from this game, it shows SE didn't even bother to send any artwork from FFVII or any of his other appearances. It's a wonder Mallow got to be a spirit at all.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

DIY

Smash Apprentice
ALL ICONS ON THE GAME DOWN HERE BOYS.
https://imgur.com/NbLRFX0
ALL ICONS ON THE GAME UP HERE BOYS.
Can you please tell me the source where you found this awesome image?!

That is the full list of profile pictures so yes, Geno can be your profile picture.
Damn, that's awesome! The only thing that's stopping me from 100% constantly choosing the Geno profile picture is Shadow Mario. I'm probably going to need to alternate between them. Lol

Edit: Nvm, just saw Ocelot in there. I might need to choose him too.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
MOTHER/GENO FANS UNITE!
Right here. Speaking of, I actually just got around to playing Earthbound just recently, and I can't believe I didn't play it sooner. Especially since I played Mother 3 first. Real great game, would recommend to anyone here.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Right here. Speaking of, I actually just got around to playing Earthbound just recently, and I can't believe I didn't play it sooner. Especially since I played Mother 3 first
It's an amazing experience. EarthBound and Mother 3 are rivaled as my favorite games in the series. Just don't forget to play EarthBound Beginnings! :D

D

Deleted member

I thought Sakurai tweeted just recently that the dlc was just now decided on.
I think Geno may have been planned when Sakurai bought the Vifam gun in 2016, and Sakurai wanted to include him as soon as he could, but of course Square Enix has to be cheap, so Geno makes sense as the first DLC

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Geez, that's a LOT of icons! I wonder how this selection process went down? I'm honestly surprised they didn't just let you pick any Spirit as your icon. I can see the F-Zero icons were chosen based on the anime. (Jack Levin with no Pico...)

(Also, that random Link icon in between Mario-Series icons irks me...)

As for Geno, seeing how we have non-Smash renders for several characters, I doubt this automatically disconfirms a character for DLC.

Also, guess how many Square Enix icons there are that aren't Cloud, the Final Fantasy icon, or Geno?!

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Geez, that's a LOT of icons! I wonder how this selection process went down? I'm honestly surprised they didn't just let you pick any Spirit as your icon. I can see the F-Zero icons were chosen based on the anime. (Jack Levin with no Pico...)

(Also, that random Link icon in between Mario-Series icons irks me...)

As for Geno, seeing how we have non-Smash renders for several characters, I doubt this automatically disconfirms a character for DLC.

Also, guess how many Square Enix icons there are that aren't Geno?!
I counted 3 more other than Geno. Are there more than that?

Edit: Aww, you changed the requirements of your question. That's no fun. :p

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I counted 3 more other than Geno. Are there more than that?
Sorry, I edited my post to include Cloud and the Final Fantasy icon (because they would have to include them).
Other than them and Geno, the answer is Mega Man X's best friend.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I edited my post to include Cloud and the Final Fantasy icon (because they would have to include them).
Other than them and Geno, the answer is Mega Man X's best friend.
Haha, no worries, I got you the first time. I'm just messing with you. ;)

Last edited:

Burr.

Smash Cadet
hell yeah Funky Kong is definitely gonna be my Profile Icon
i kinda wish he was an Echo
and that Eggman had a boss
and Akuma

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'm back from thinking, This is completely random but i'm staying. I still believe there's a light at the end. Even if it's not what we desire. I get the feeling things will only get more interesting from here.

Latyon

Smash Cadet
I think Geno may have been planned when Sakurai bought the Vifam gun in 2016, and Sakurai wanted to include him as soon as he could, but of course Square Enix has to be cheap, so Geno makes sense as the first DLC
The Vifam gun...doesn't really match up with Geno at all.

Straws being grasped.

D

Deleted member

The Vifam gun...doesn't really match up with Geno at all.

Straws being grasped.
Geno has a gun for a hand, none of the Smash newcomers so far are gun users except Inkling, and Inkling's gun is ink-based. So no, straws are not at all being grasped here, an example of straws being grasped is saying that Geno's battle token is used by Shulk who can see the future and that it counts as a hint

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Geno has a gun for a hand, none of the Smash newcomers so far are gun users except Inkling, and Inkling's gun is ink-based. So no, straws are not at all being grasped here, an example of straws being grasped is saying that Geno's battle token is used by Shulk who can see the future and that it counts as a hint
His guns consist largely of holes in his joints and the occasional wand-type protrusion extending from his wood holes.

The Vifam gun looks like a dual-handed machine gun.

D

Deleted member

His guns consist largely of holes in his joints and the occasional wand-type protrusion extending from his wood holes.

The Vifam gun looks like a dual-handed machine gun.
Geno is a gun oriented character, and the only one besides Mii gunner, but Mii gunner was in Smash 4, and Sakurai didn't but anything like that at that time. There isn't really any other character it could be used for, and Geno's gun does have holes, but not entirely. This could mean that he bought them for Geno to work on him, and the toy as a reference

NanoGeno

Smash Rookie
Someone arguing with me about Geno told me that Geno isn’t getting in because “he would have more representation than Cloud” and “Square would never show their DLC character before they were revealed” (I’m assuming he was talking about Geno’s spirit?) I swear, there are some people really jumping at the chance to deconfirm Geno to the point where they’re making up new rules to deconfirm him.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Damn there is like no Square representation besides Cloud and Geno. Final Fantasy is such a big franchise but gets almost nothing in content. No assist trophies, only 2 songs, no icons, and no spirits yet all the other third party franchises do.

It is hard for me to imagine another square rep besides Geno due to how diffcult it must have been just to get Cloud.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Damn there is like no Square representation besides Cloud and Geno. Final Fantasy is such a big franchise but gets almost nothing in content. No assist trophies, only 2 songs, no icons, and no spirits yet all the other third party franchises do.

It is hard for me to imagine another square rep besides Geno due to how diffcult it must have been just to get Cloud.
Ah, but there IS

But it's another Cloud

Mallow

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Can’t really link it due to Nintendo taking down all the soundtrack uploads, but Monster Hunter is literally the only non-playable franchise in the game with a unique prefix for its song files. I forget if the others just use “misc” or have no prefix at all, but MH tracks both start with... well, “MH”.
From what I understand this has nothing to do with MH having a figher, but being third party. Non 3rd party franchises with fighters get labled with a letter like "A" for the Mario series. The Other category exists and is used for non third party songs that do not have fighters, but third party songs are labeled differently. With an abbreviation of the series. I don't think this means it has a playable fighter, just that its a third party series so they aren't labeling the music under "Other" with all the Nintendo songs....

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
MOTHER/GENO FANS UNITE!
Late to the party, but...same here! One of my first two RPGs, the other being, of course, SMRPG. I can't remember which one has the distinction of being first, so they're both sort of tied together in my mind, lol.

ALL ICONS ON THE GAME DOWN HERE BOYS.
https://imgur.com/NbLRFX0
ALL ICONS ON THE GAME UP HERE BOYS.
Mamma Mia, that's alotta icons. I like that Geno is ordered after Paper Mario. :) Why's there a Link mixed in with the Mario characters, though? Is that the order in-game?

Either way, way too many choices, here! I will likely go Geno, if only to make things easier. Sorry Helix...make room for the Starsend Savior.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice the Absolutely safe capsule is listed next to the other Mother 3 villains? I kind of feel like that may actually be Porky's Smash Ultimate representation

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Strange that Shantae is an icon, but Rayman isn't...

I'm sure it means nothing, but it is noticeable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1543212845871.jpg

Sheik uses Geno spirit

1) Strange
2) Sheik was my Melee main, so nice
3) Geno is a Legend level

Assuming this is real

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
The party is fantastic, but Sheik and Geno have...what in common exactly?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
View attachment 179914

Sheik uses Geno spirit

1) Strange
2) Sheik was my Melee main, so nice
3) Geno is a Legend level

Assuming this is real
You're damn right he's a legend.
Holy crap. Check the party that comes with her. Peach, Mario, Bowser...and White Kirby. :D

Why Sheik, though? That I don't get...
I see why. Sheik's neutral B fires needles, Geno fires pellets from his hand. They're similar, but it's just different weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom