• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
I sincerely hope we've got some Super Mario RPG tracks coming on board, Listening to the Lost Woods a few posts up inspired me to listen through the soundtrack on Youtube and you could make a case for almost every track to be in the game because they're so darn good. The main theme would be amazing to fight to, and any boss song; heck, have the Culex song as an option on Midgard :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So was the new pillows pic shown to be fake?
Still think Geno has some of the highest chances of being in :)

Just a random note, the shantae thread is ahead by a dozen pages now :p

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
A big fan-servicy Super Mario RPG love letter reveal trailer would be nice, but part of me is expecting them to try and make it a little less obvious. I almost forsee a reveal trailer paying homage to Mario Vrs. Donkey Kong, with Mario chasing Donkey Kong through the toy factory with DK clutching a toy capsule under his arm. A little sparkling star flies down and enters the capsule. I think you can guess where it goes from there.

I think I could also see Rosalina's observatory crashing into the Star Road while she's distracted by some bad guys and an Angry Geno boards the observatory to confront the parties responsible.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So we see him meet up with Bowser, Peach, and Mario 1st exclusively after his big entrance right?
yeah like how each of the new character trailers ends with a little extra snippet. I want Geno's to end with him and Mallow being enveloped in a big group hug from Mario, Peach and Bowser :b::love: (because I imagine Mallow getting in as an assist trophy alongside Geno as a character)

Dan

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see hear this again although it may be Super Mario RPG before Smash Bros
I'm not implying you don't know this or that you're referring to this version instead of the song in general, but I'm under the impression many people don't know this is actually fan-made, and the track referred to in the game's files was more than likely a Mario & Luigi track than anything else. This particular version is incredible if some guy just made it in his bedroom.

Definitely Belome. Been years since I played and I still remember that guy.
Belome is an f'n god; I remember you fought him at the beginning, and then he came back midway through for some reason, and he could eat you and turn you into a scarecrow.

I sincerely hope we've got some Super Mario RPG tracks coming on board, Listening to the Lost Woods a few posts up inspired me to listen through the soundtrack on Youtube and you could make a case for almost every track to be in the game because they're so darn good. The main theme would be amazing to fight to, and any boss song; heck, have the Culex song as an option on Midgard :p
Forest Maze is my favorite song in the game, and off the top of my head, Nimbus Land (which is called "Let's Do The Fooka-Fooka!") and both Booster's Tower themes were amazing; I'd be game for a Booster over Wario Echo, but that is 0%.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Yeah, having Rosalina and Geno in the same trailer would be really great but I don't believe that this is going to happen.

What I would love:
Peach is with Kirby, they try to do something about Mario, Mega Man, Dedede and Luigi who are in their trophy form after getting defeated in trailers. Bowser attacks them with his army. But a light is seen by everyone in the sky while we're at night. Suddenly, there's a big flash and when he's gone, Mario, Mega Man, Dedede and Luigi are back to normal. They're like "wait, where are we ?". Bowser doesn't care and attack them but a HUGE projectile knocks him back. Peach and the others don't understand, they hear a sound in their back and then... Geno comes out of the obscurity and he's serious business ! Then, we see some gameplay.

Bowser is shocked. Geno charges a huge attack, Bowser and his army run away (Bowser knows about Geno Whirl). Then, Luigi is confused, Dedede and Kirby celebrate, Mega Man don't do anything while Peach and Mario look happy. The trailer ends with Geno, finally smiling and watching the camera like "I'm back".

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
yeah like how each of the new character trailers ends with a little extra snippet. I want Geno's to end with him and Mallow being enveloped in a big group hug from Mario, Peach and Bowser :b::love: (because I imagine Mallow getting in as an assist trophy alongside Geno as a character)
I could see Mallow at least getting an AT, why not?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That Geno render looks...weird, like the textures are flat.

I can't even see the cape to the left.

I guess it could be lighting...

...I hope that image leak was real.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well at least it's not another text leak. Can't say much of the Geno render since it's a thumbnail now. I hope he gets an update but somehow, I doubt it. He is a possessed doll after all.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I just like the fact that people are showing off their Geno artwork. It’s kind of nice seeing it. The fact that he’s getting this much exposure is fantastic in my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some people on a discord I'm a member of made a fake Geno leak. It's going viral.

Don't be gullible. It's fake.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
So many Geno fake-leaks. I guess it's nice he's getting so much attention but I hope this isn't jinxing anything. Gonna hurt if he's not in it after all this toying.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
So I heard something interesting. Nintendo might actually be on a timer for showing their direct because of the upcoming Famitsu article. it's advertised to talk about new stuff from nintendo including ultimate. probably has the talk from Sakurai about the newest character similar to the K Rool and friends reveal.

it's supposed to be available friday of next week but it always leaks on tuesday. so if nintendo is aware of that fact they might need to hurry.

than again that was just one theory I heard from an event hubs article (not sure how good of a source they really are)
it's possible they could also make them delay the magazine. Nintendo owns Famitsu right?

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
They could try to delay it, but I doubt it. More than likely they will release the direct before the magazine comes out, but leakers will already have it before then.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I believed it for a while. And to be honest, given that I've been waiting 12 years for this... I wasn't surprised. It's not like I haven't been burned before.

But I don't want to bring any negativity into the thread so I will just say that it pissed me off quite a bit. xD
Wait, is someone saying Geno is deconfirmed?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I forgot how short of a game SMRPG is. I already have my 4th star piece!
also I was curious about stat progression and found a chart that shows you how many stats you get for each bonus stat each level.
and what was interesting is that it seems to rotate each level what stat will get the most value from the bonus each level.

so like Geno normally would get +1 atk for the pow bonus, 5 hp for the health bonus, and 1 m atk for the special bonus.
but if you choose the special at level 8 you get +3 M ATK, choose pow at level 9 you'll get +3 ATK. and health at level 10 you'll get +6 HP

And it just continues this pattern of Magic > ATK > HP > etc. but after level 20 the HP bonus starts to drop off at all levels significantly.
the pattern is the same amoung all characters. just the amount of extra they get each level varies

probably long known info to some SMRPG vets. but could be a cool thing to look into it you wanna think about future play through builds for how to maximize or maybe even minimize your pay offs for levels.
also don't need the chart to tell which one gives the highest bonus at your levels. since ATK and M ATK bonus' are normally 1 just gotta check to see which one is giving more than 1 stat. also Def and M Def always only go up 1 per bonus.

I kinda wanna make a maxed out Geno for my run just for the fun of seeing him at full power and being super insane. :D

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've heard some people saying they wouldn't want Geno leaked through Famitsu.

TBH, I don't care how we find out about him. Seeing the trailer with no prior Knowledge would be great and exciting. BUT just knowing he's in regardless of how will be the best.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I forgot how short of a game SMRPG is. I already have my 4th star piece!
also I was curious about stat progression and found a chart that shows you how many stats you get for each bonus stat each level.
and what was interesting is that it seems to rotate each level what stat will get the most value from the bonus each level.

so like Geno normally would get +1 atk for the pow bonus, 5 hp for the health bonus, and 1 m atk for the special bonus.
but if you choose the special at level 8 you get +3 M ATK, choose pow at level 9 you'll get +3 ATK. and health at level 10 you'll get +6 HP

And it just continues this pattern of Magic > ATK > HP > etc. but after level 20 the HP bonus starts to drop off at all levels significantly.
the pattern is the same amoung all characters. just the amount of extra they get each level varies

probably long known info to some SMRPG vets. but could be a cool thing to look into it you wanna think about future play through builds for how to maximize or maybe even minimize your pay offs for levels.
also don't need the chart to tell which one gives the highest bonus at your levels. since ATK and M ATK bonus' are normally 1 just gotta check to see which one is giving more than 1 stat. also Def and M Def always only go up 1 per bonus.

I kinda wanna make a maxed out Geno for my run just for the fun of seeing him at full power and being super insane. :D
It wouldn't surprise me if the stats could be maximized, but it doesn't really matter because of how easy the game is.
Though I'd check about if really it can be maximized, cuz in some other games sometimes it looks like a pattern works but then there's a ceiling, where the stats will even out anyway. Not saying that's the case for smrpg, but i havent looked into guides for it, so just mentioning the possibility.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
It really just depends on the individual. I can understand just wanting to know (it's been a long ****ing wait after all) but the magic of seeing him in a trailer without knowing he's coming is something I want personally. Roy and Ryu were hella hype to learn about, but seeing the trailer for those two instead of finding out the day before would have been magical. I definitely don't want that to happen to my most wanted character ever but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it did.

I guess I walk this fine line between just wanting to know but wanting to live in the moment at the same time. It's really weird but I wouldn't be disappointed either way.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
It really just depends on the individual. I can understand just wanting to know (it's been a long ****ing wait after all) but the magic of seeing him in a trailer without knowing he's coming is something I want personally. Roy and Ryu were hella hype to learn about, but seeing the trailer for those two instead of finding out the day before would have been magical. I definitely don't want that to happen to my most wanted character ever but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it did.

I guess I walk this fine line between just wanting to know but wanting to live in the moment at the same time. It's really weird but I wouldn't be disappointed either way.
I can understand that sentiment. I still wish Simon wasn't leaked.
I'm a big castlevania fan key it never even crossed my mind that a belmont could get into smash. but once the leaks started happening I got super hype now knowing it could happen.

but I can only imagine what it would have felt like being totally confused watching the reveal and then being completely shook that someone so incredible that I never knew I wanted was happening.

Don't get me wrong I was still insanely hype anyway! also I seem to be one of the rare few who actually knew who Richter was beforehand xD
wanted to see some more Richter hype like my own but everywhere I looked it was just "Who is Richer?"

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Hey yall. I think I remember some of your names from the Smash 4 thread. Still supporting Geno strong here. Also still keeping my hopes tempered.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey yall. I think I remember some of your names from the Smash 4 thread. Still supporting Geno strong here. Also still keeping my hopes tempered.
Oh hey, yeah. I have you listed as a legacy supporter. (I still need to finish that list. I just haven't had time)

I'll upgrade you into an active supporter

Last edited:

Derpy619

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Derpy619
I can understand that sentiment. I still wish Simon wasn't leaked.
I'm a big castlevania fan key it never even crossed my mind that a belmont could get into smash. but once the leaks started happening I got super hype now knowing it could happen.

but I can only imagine what it would have felt like being totally confused watching the reveal and then being completely shook that someone so incredible that I never knew I wanted was happening.

Don't get me wrong I was still insanely hype anyway! also I seem to be one of the rare few who actually knew who Richter was beforehand xD
wanted to see some more Richter hype like my own but everywhere I looked it was just "Who is Richer?"
Even the reactions in most youtube channels were overshadowed due to the leaks, i think the only "big surprise" of the direct, was the inclusion of Richter as an Echo fighter. but we still happy to have them inside the game.
I'm always try to ignore the leaks and speculation, cus the surprise factor is very important in the appeal of any newcomer

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
The mystery behind the ballot I still find so interesting. like we have a sense for who was high up on it. but we really don't know for the most part. like I can't help but wonder if there are characters that just have a vocal minority so we think their fanbase is large but they are a lot less popular than we think. or if there are some resident sleepers nobody is thinking about.

Geno I'm not worried about since Sakurai has confirmed his popularity at a time after the ballot results would have been known.
but Ashley's absence makes me wonder if she was not as big as we thought. like in all dozens of reaction videos I saw hardly anyone even blinked at her deconfirmation. and the few that acknowledged her didn't seem to care... weird.

also Bayonetta might have been a case of a sleeper that people didn't expect to be that popular.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
The mystery behind the ballot I still find so interesting. like we have a sense for who was high up on it. but we really don't know for the most part. like I can't help but wonder if there are characters that just have a vocal minority so we think their fanbase is large but they are a lot less popular than we think. or if there are some resident sleepers nobody is thinking about.

Geno I'm not worried about since Sakurai has confirmed his popularity at a time after the ballot results would have been known.
but Ashley's absence makes me wonder if she was not as big as we thought. like in all dozens of reaction videos I saw hardly anyone even blinked at her deconfirmation. and the few that acknowledged her didn't seem to care... weird.

also Bayonetta might have been a case of a sleeper that people didn't expect to be that popular.
For full disclosure I'm an Ashley supporter but not an Issac supporter so I may be biased though I'm trying my best not to be.

Ashley I'd argue must have a fairly big following considering how much Nintendo pushes her (and keep in mind most of her popularity is in Japan so most of the reaction videos online won't necessarily reflect that). I would also argue that Issac might not be as sure of a thing as people think. I have never seen Issac mentioned anywhere outside of Smash discussion, and most of his games sales were in the west, meaning there's less Japanese people that give a crap about him and thus less visible to a Japanese developer like Sakurai (though I should mention that didn't stop Little Mac).

Bayonetta I could definitely see as a sleeper hit. The star of a critically acclaimed series that nevertheless didn't sell great but has a hardcore dedicated fanbase, but wasn't talked about much due to people thinking it was unlikely that a M Rated series would actually get fighter representation in Smash.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I've heard some people saying they wouldn't want Geno leaked through Famitsu.

TBH, I don't care how we find out about him. Seeing the trailer with no prior Knowledge would be great and exciting. BUT just knowing he's in regardless of how will be the best.
Yep, I'll take him any way.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

Ashley's popularity feels much more recent, at least in the west. I don't remember her being popular at all during the ballot days and compilation polls back that up. As for the reverse, Wonder Red is one character that was popular during the ballot and seemed to do very well, but isn't popular now.

I wouldn't consider Bayo a sleeper. She was very popular due to her status as Nintendo's adopted child and Bayo 2 was featured in almost every Nintendo direct back in 2013-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom