• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Come on, it's gotta be Geno, this Smash is all about fan service and Geno was BY FAR the most requested SE character in the ballot. Sure, Sora, Sephiroth and others are really popular, but nearly no one asked for them during the ballot.

I was 99% sure about Geno's inclusion, i'm now 100% sure.

Also, i don't remember Vergeben leaking something fake for Smash Bros. I'm pretty sure he will not take any risk to destroy his credibility and just leak informations that he's 100% sure about. + When someone asked him about his source, he replied "the one you know about", i guess that's a good thing.

GENO IS COMING !

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I told myself I wouldn't buy into any leaks, and with this recent news it's making it harder and harder to do that. UGHHH. But to look at it objectively, I would rather have a leak where he could be in than not have one at all. I can't see another Square character who did better than Geno on the ballot. As we heard, Sakurai admitted to using the ballot as a reference for choosing characters. With that, and now this leak, all the evidence is pointing to him being in. Again, I'll never be 100% sure, but I'd bet on it. He HAS to be in at this point.

This could be it ladies and gentlemen. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It'll be interesting to see how this new rumour develops. If this ends up being true and we actually see Geno in the game, then I'd say you guys have well-earned the victory. A fan-favourite from a game well over twenty years old and outside of the cameo from the original Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga hasn't been seen since to fighting along gaming's finest heroes and villains.

I don't exactly have a large connection to Geno since I've yet to play Super Mario RPG nor did the game ever reach Australian shores, but I've always known that Geno was a huge request on the internet. So I'm just here to lend a supporting hand to wish you guys the best for Geno becoming playable in Ultimate.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaaaah it is hard to control your hype with news like that ! >u<

I really hope that it is our Starboi coming in, it would be sadning to not include him after all these talks and Sakurai's notice...

But I am even more grateful from all these supports we've been getting as of late ! <3

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I don't want to get my hopes up, SE could cheap out and just agree to Zack Fair being Cloud's echo.. But no, I have to believe and shoot for the stars, the star that is our Geno!
If it's anything like Konami, we could get a surprise Echo as well as a unique fighter. Almost nobody knew of Richter Belmont until he was revealed.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Vergeben is a good leaker because he plays it safe, he wouldn't stick his neck out if he wasn't sure. Let's see this through Geno fans!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Saw the news in my newsfeed this morning. Jesus... Things are just piling up to be as emotionally devestating as possible if it winds up all the "hints" for Geno we've been seeing were all false flags. I do agree with people that it's probably not another Final Fantasy character though because, as history has pointed out, most franchises with one rep typically don't get a lot of music representation and, if this rings true, it bodes well for another Square Enix rep along with Verg's statement that Ken from Street Fighter is indeed playable.

MattX20

Smash Hero
God, this is an emotional roller coaster. If Geno is confirmed at this rate, I wonder if my heart will stop or if I pass out from sheer excitement and joy.

link2702

Smash Champion
This is why i tell everyone to keep their expectations low, I know it’s hard but it’s better than getting massively hyped and excited for him thinking he’s guaranteed only to be devastated if he’s not in.

On a side note; I’m replaying smrpg on my mini now, at boosters tower, and I think I just realized what the toys in his toy box finally are. The tan one below Samus is a goomba, the one above her is rob the robot(japans version) and I also think I’ve figured out the last one, it’s the red car from stunt racer fx.

Maybe someone else already figured it out, but this is the first time I’ve finally been able to thanks to it being in HD.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
After all these years of shilling for Geno, since pre brawl, it looks like this might actually happen.

If I get Ridley, King K. Rool and Geno all in one game in 2018... After them being THE top requests back in 20****ing05... I will **** my pants.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
This is why i tell everyone to keep their expectations low, I know it’s hard but it’s better than getting massively hyped and excited for him thinking he’s guaranteed only to be devastated if he’s not in.

On a side note; I’m replaying smrpg on my mini now, at boosters tower, and I think I just realized what the toys in his toy box finally are. The tan one below Samus is a goomba, the one above her is rob the robot(japans version) and I also think I’ve figured out the last one, it’s the red car from stunt racer fx.

Maybe someone else already figured it out, but this is the first time I’ve finally been able to thanks to it being in HD.
I know that Geno's not 100% guaranteed, but right now his chances are very, very high. The Vergeben leak only helped boost his chances. He's the only one I could think that did well on the ballot, and we already know that Sakurai is heavily using it as well. And there are no problems with Square as well, the Geno mii costume basically confirmed that Sakurai has his rights. This could be it, fellas.

Carfax

Smash Rookie
It's amazing how cautiously optimistic you guys are, LOL. Geno L I T E R A L L Y got a Mii costume in Smash 4, just like King K Rool (who's in) and Chrom (who's in) and Inkling (who's in). The political seal on Geno's rights was broken back in 2015. And now one of the most reliable leakers in smash history soft confirms Geno. All of this, on top of the rest of the long history of everything else, and Geno fans are still like

wow do you think sakurai would really do that? put geno in smash?

:laugh::joyful::laugh::laugh::laugh::joyful::laugh:

link2702

Smash Champion
It's amazing how cautiously optimistic you guys are, LOL. Geno L I T E R A L L Y got a Mii costume in Smash 4, just like King K Rool (who's in) and Chrom (who's in) and Inkling (who's in). The political seal on Geno's rights was broken back in 2015. And now one of the most reliable leakers in smash history soft confirms Geno. All of this, on top of the rest of the long history of everything else, and Geno fans are still like

we've been let down too many times before.

I made the mistake in the past of hoping a little too much only to have my dreams shattered, not again, not even with everything lining up so perfectly this time.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Is it weird that I want geno to get in even though I've never played mario rpg and I likely wouldn't play him much, just because seeing everyone's most requested characters get in is ultra hype? :grin: I feel the same way about Isaac despite never playing golden sun

gebi

Cloud Prince
I know that Geno's not 100% guaranteed, but right now his chances are very, very high. The Vergeben leak only helped boost his chances. He's the only one I could think that did well on the ballot, and we already know that Sakurai is heavily using it as well. And there are no problems with Square as well, the Geno mii costume basically confirmed that Sakurai has his rights. This could be it, fellas.
this will be it my brother. the stars have alligned and our blue wooden friend will be here in due time.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
and now.
it's not goodbye GENO Theme but more it's welcome (maybe) GENO!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

It's been 22 years since Geno had a notable role in anything. I was in elementary school when he became my favorite video game character and now I'm starting to get gray hair. It's been a long wait and we've kind of gotten used to having the rug pulled out from under us.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Last time our hopes were high, it was when his hat was leaked and we all thought "hOLY MOLLY HE'S GONNA BE A DLC FIGHTER" and then nope, Mii costume for us.
I mean, it's something but I was so sad it wasn't it.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Our whole thread be like

Including me. I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Back in the Brawl days, I was devastated that Forest Maze was scrapped and Geno was on the planning process.
When he got Mii costumed in Smash 4 I was heartbroken.
I am a Sora supporter but I am also a Geno supporter as well, so seeing this leak come to fruition would be well deserved. If both make it in I would probably stare in disbelief for like 5 minutes lol

Is it weird that I want geno to get in even though I've never played mario rpg and I likely wouldn't play him much, just because seeing everyone's most requested characters get in is ultra hype? :grin: I feel the same way about Isaac despite never playing golden sun
I've played SMRPG back in middle school because I saw that you can play as Bowser. When I played the game I realized Geno was one of the coolest party members out of everyone. Yes, even cooler than Bowser.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I understand that Geno's been teased before, I got my hopes real high back in Brawl speculation times, but... really, it's the closest Geno has ever been to make the cut. I mean, it's the Mii costume, it's the ballot, it's Sakurai's declarations about wanting him in, it's the Vifam figure, it's characters like Ridley and K. Rool appearing as playable characters because the fans asked for them and now it's Verg's claim that Square is getting another character. Yeah, he might not get in, he's not been confirmed, but it's the closest we've ever been to having him in the roster.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Basically, this is us right now :

Them : So Sakurai said he wants Geno and he is basing his picks on the ballot. He even put a Mii Costume while he works on him for Ultimate so the fans have something.
Them : This believable leaker says Square Enix is getting another character, you know.... The one and only.

Us : Gee Golly, I wonder if Geno will be in Smash.

domriver

Smash Lord
Back in the Brawl days, I was devastated that Forest Maze was scrapped and Geno was on the planning process.
When he got Mii costumed in Smash 4 I was heartbroken.
I am a Sora supporter but I am also a Geno supporter as well, so seeing this leak come to fruition would be well deserved. If both make it in I would probably stare in disbelief for like 5 minutes lol

I've played SMRPG back in middle school because I saw that you can play as Bowser. When I played the game I realized Geno was one of the coolest party members out of everyone. Yes, even cooler than Bowser.
My eyes will be glued to the PC like

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I have a deep love for bowser so I might have to disagree there:ohwell:, well at at least until I can play MarioRpg myself. Im gonna have to play it ASAP to be as hype as possible when geno gets revealed.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Basically, this is us right now :

Them : So Sakurai said he wants Geno and he is basing his picks on the ballot. He even put a Mii Costume while he works on him for Ultimate so the fans have something.
Them : This believable leaker says Square Enix is getting another character, you know.... The one and only.

Us : Gee Golly, I wonder if Geno will be in Smash.
When Vergeben said "the one you know", he was talking about his source.
But it doesn't change the fact that the most requested character from Square Enix is Geno. I'm sure he's in the game at this point !

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I tend to be extremely cautious and careful to not buy into any leaks myself, but I have to say that it's looking good. Really good.

Weird how time slows down when you're anticipating something.

Rapwned

Smash Cadet
I've been a lurker for a while, but I'm here to show my support!

We've all been waiting far too long, but thanks to Verge's recent leak I think it's finally happening.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I already thought Geno had the highest chances.

It bothers me a little that people are trusting Vergeben because he got some stuff right. I'm not saying it doesn't add a little, he seems like some of his sources have been good at times, but to me it's just like +3%, and at most when they've gotten as many as he has, I'd say +9%. You can't trust leakers outright just because they got some stuff right. It's a bit sad that so many people go down there. I'll try to not let it bother me, cuz I know some people want to believe. *sigh*

Anyway. if I give the benefit, I take it as meaning someone other than Geno, and Geno is already more than likely in, even if it's not sure, of course (never will until we see ;))).

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Geno is going to be in the game 100%. There is so much evidence its not even funny.

* Geno is probably the most requested square enix character that is actually a nintendo character in some way. Sakurai seems to really want the character and the fans have been demanding him.
* Sakurai chooses popular characters from the smash poll such as K Rool, ridley, Chrom, Shovel knight. Regardless if playable or not, their still in the game!
* Nintendo and Square have a great relationship with each other if they manage to have cloud return which i thought wasn't going to happen.
* Mii costumes for popular characters have been getting in this game in a certain form. Inkling, K Rool, chrom are all confirmed and Geno was the only one to get a splash title like a regular character reveal
* Vergeben hints at a Square Enix character possibly coming and quotes "the one you know"

I'm not saying this because of vergeben, i'm saying this based on everything that has been adding up. He was a big part of the first Mario RPG title that nintendo has put up. Geno will happen and has a very close relationship with Nintendo because.... he is a nintendo character regardless if not owned by nintendo. The only way for him to appear in any game right now is a Nintendo game. He represents the relationship between Nintendo and Square and I can't see them missing him out this time. Sakurai knows that! He will be in I am very very confident about this!

Last edited:

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Geno is going to be in the game 100%. There is so much evidence its not even funny.

* Geno is probably the most requested square enix character that is actually a nintendo character in some way. Sakurai seems to really want the character and the fans have been demanding him.
* Sakurai chooses popular characters from the smash poll such as K Rool, ridley, Chrom, Shovel knight. Regardless if playable or not, their still in the game!
* Nintendo and Square have a great relationship with each other if they manage to have cloud return which i thought wasn't going to happen.
* Mii costumes for popular characters have been getting in this game in a certain form. Inkling, K Rool, chrom are all confirmed and Geno was the only one to get a splash title like a regular character reveal
* Vergeben hints at a Square Enix character possibly coming and quotes "the one you know"

I'm not saying this because of vergeben, i'm saying this based on everything that has been adding up. He was a big part of the first Mario RPG title that nintendo has put up. Geno will happen and has a very close relationship with Nintendo because.... he is a nintendo character regardless if not owned by nintendo. The only way for him to appear in any game right now is a Nintendo game. He represents the relationship between Nintendo and Square and I can't see them missing him out this time. Sakurai knows that! He will be in I am very very confident about this!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'll remain cautious about the leak since it doesn't outright say it's Geno.

I'll have to admit, though. Things have been looking better for Geno now than ever before!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't know why some of you guys are saying that you've been betrayed with Geno in the past. I mean… has Geno EVER had this high chances in the past? because I clearly don't remember people talking about it this much, nor having so much things going for the character either. I probably am ignorant cause i wasn't near the supporters back in Smash 4 or whatever, but I'm gonna bet right now that Geno never had this many chances and hints and everything going for him before. This is his true real chance.

I suppose if and when Verge has a name for us he will say it? lol
Maybe, it's unusual that he doesn't give the name, but still being sure 100% that it's a character with Square Enix rights is just as good. In fact i think it's better. It's like a real leak that still let's us speculate and have fun without being 100% spoiled, lol. I like this honestly, even if it's torture not to know.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know why some of you guys are saying that you've been betrayed with Geno in the past. I mean… has Geno EVER had this high chances in the past? because I clearly don't remember people talking about it this much, nor having so much things going for the character either. I probably am ignorant cause i wasn't near the supporters back in Smash 4 or whatever, but I'm gonna bet right now that Geno never had this many chances and hints and everything going for him before. This is his true real chance.
People get hurt when they put their hopes up in certain ways. They thought he had chances, even if they arent as high as now. I think some people here are just wounded because of that. He definitely has the highest chances now, especially with a good relationship with SE.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I've considered Geno as one of the closest things to a shoo-in ever since I created my first prediction roster for Ultimate. I'll be legitimately surprised/a little insulted if the Square rep Vergeben refers to isn't Geno.

I guess now's as good a time as any to request being put on the supporter list.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
This is the Ultimate Smash. This cycle has been crazier then anything I can remember. Literally Sakurai could put the bag from the eShop in the game and I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

I've considered Geno as one of the closest things to a shoo-in ever since I created my first prediction roster for Ultimate. I'll be legitimately surprised/a little insulted if the Square rep Vergeben refers to isn't Geno.

I guess now's as good a time as any to request being put on the supporter list.
I mean, it's him or Sora, and Sora would require Disney's blessing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom