• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
That's actually a really good point: release the DLC costume while starting work on the actual character in Ultimate.

Mallow skin? They play nothing alike.
i think they mean this image thats shown on the first post of this thread:

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Hey Geno fans you might want to take a look at this:
Vergeben strikes again

Take it with a grain of salt, Vergeben's track record has been shaky lately, and this doesn't necessarily mean Geno (although I personally think it does)
Edit: Basically a somewhat credible (kinda sketchy lately) leaker named Vergeben has now said that square enix is getting a new fighter.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't know how credible Verg REALLY is though, because he wasn't even the first person to leak Simon.

And even if it's a Square character there are other choices.

Please, by all means, be optimistic.

But let's not go around getting big heads.

Last edited:

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
EDIT: Ninja'd original post

I mean, Sakurai said he's picking off the ballot and Geno's really the only Square rep on the table. Plus, it's not a FF character because the FF logo in Smash is specifically the FF7 logo. With all that being said, there's no one else. Verg inadvertently confirmed Geno.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
SquareEnix owns the rights, but I don't know if someone would consider Geno a SE character.
I think there'll be a square character + geno.
I say that but I don't really believe Verg leaks lol.

Not up to debate cuz I'm going to bed. cya.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SquareEnix owns the rights, but I don't know if someone would consider Geno a SE character.
I think there'll be a square character + geno.
I say that but I don't really believe Verg leaks lol.

Not up to debate cuz I'm going to bed. cya.
Geno wouldn't be a Square Enix rep, but the way Verg worded it geno IS one of their characters

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Geno wouldn't be a Square Enix rep, but the way Verg worded it geno IS one of their characters
I guess it's hard to say. At least it is for me. I kind of think it's not Geno being referred to anyway. Pretty open ended tho .. :/

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Eh... That statement is far too open-ended. It could literally be any Square property. Obviously we want Geno but it's not like there's a shortage of Square characters with (realistic) chances. Dragon Quest and Sora spring to mind.

I'm trusting Sakurai when he says he's using the ballot choices though and so I'm inclined to think Geno is the priority. Though hey, there's a lot of company non-sense that goes on at the top. Who knows?

Last edited:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
If Geno is not the Square Enix Character coming next, I'd be shocked. Every sourced polling placed him at the top and no Square Enix rep was close to him. This confirmation, if true, basically puts pretty strong odds for a Character owned by Square Enix and a Smash Bros request for decades to put in a game that's pulling from a poll he did well on.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Man, it's getting harder to keep my expectations in check >.<

These next few months just got a lot harder to wait out for more news.

The Jim Jims

Smash Cadet
Eh... That statement is far too open-ended. It could literally be any Square property. Obviously we want Geno but it's not like there's a shortage of Square characters with (realistic) chances. Dragon Quest and Sora spring to mind.

I'm trusting Sakurai when he says he's using the ballot choices though and so I'm inclined to think Geno is the priority. Though hey, there's a lot of company non-sense that goes on at the top. Who knows?
1. Sora is a Disney rep and dealing with Disney is not fun. Dragon Quest got no representation in the ballot of note.
2. Of course he used the ballot. We wouldn't have gotten King K Rool if it weren't for the ballot. Sakurai is given such tremendous trust that if he says "Yo I want X in Smash" execs will probably say "Okay let's do it". I'm a firm believer that the only way we'd ever get King K. Rool in Smash is the ballot, and I'm a firm believer that if we were ever going to get Geno in Smash we'd have to get a FF character first to represent Square in an overarching manner.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We don't know how credible Verg REALLY is though, because he wasn't even the first person to leak Simon.

And even if it's a Square character there are other choices.

Please, by all means, be optimistic.

But let's not go around getting big heads.
Agreed. To be fair, he hasn't gotten anything wrong when it comes to Smash. Yes he has missed some information, but then again leakers don't necessarily get ALL information, and yet, this doesn't mean lack of entire information = fake information. So far, he has things yet to be proven, but that also doesn't mean he is wrong. What he has definitely claimed, he's gotten right. It's still shaky yeah, but smash ultimate-wise, he hasn't given us really a reason to ignore him or discard him from our trust. People just made a big deal of the fact he didn't have all of the info aside from what he claimed back during E3 and such.

I would just take this with a grain of salt as usual, since isabelle hasn't gotten confirmed yet, and then he added ken to the list as well, and now THIS… just stuff yet to be confirmed, but still nothing confirmed to be a wrong claim yet. Just a general message from me to everyone here lol.

so.... when will this thread blast with supporters now that he's "Confirmed" :p
I think it will take something more solid than this, but this will surely raise the morale a bit now.

Last edited:

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
Agreed. To be fair, he hasn't gotten anything wrong when it comes to Smash. Yes he has missed some information, but then again leakers don't necessarily get ALL information, and yet, this doesn't mean lack of entire information = fake information. So far, he has things yet to be proven, but that also doesn't mean he is wrong. What he has definitely claimed, he's gotten right. It's still shaky yeah, but smash ultimate-wise, he hasn't given us really a reason to ignore him or discard him from our trust. People just made a big deal of the fact he didn't have all of the info aside from what he claimed back during E3 and such.

I would just take this with a grain of salt as usual, since isabelle hasn't gotten confirmed yet, and then he added ken to the list as well, and now THIS… just stuff yet to be confirmed, but still nothing confirmed to be a wrong claim yet. Just a general message from me to everyone here lol.

I think it will take something more solid than this, but this will surely raise the morale a bit now.
Considering that Skull kid got a lot of talk out 2 chairs and one guy saying "skull kid could get in smash".... :p

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Considering that Skull kid got a lot of talk out 2 chairs and one guy saying "skull kid could get in smash".... :p
Uhhh i don't know about that, I've been following the skull kid thread and honestly most of the talk is due to the AT missing, a figure of his appearing twice in Nintendo media, the chairs is something that should be mentioned alongside the cushions and the rest of the room, not the chairs alone…cause that's silly. There's a lot more serious hints than just "a pair of chairs" suggesting skull kid. Lately it's been pretty chill, i don't know why people are thinking we're still going crazy lol we are just awaiting for more hints or confirmation like the rest of supported characters at this point.

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
also, really you cannot get more solid then a Verg leak really IMO, been basically 100% right on Smash and other Bandai Namco games too.

also whats this "not the first guy to leak simon"?, i think you may be confusing that with 100s of copycats after he did that

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one good news is we know Geno at least has a chance now.

Up until this point the question of if Square was even going to have new content was unknown.

"Square is too stingy"

Rumored Square content is a good sign

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Uhhh i don't know about that, I've been following the skull kid thread and honestly most of the talk is due to the AT missing, a figure of his appearing twice in Nintendo media, the chairs is something that should be mentioned alongside the cushions and the rest of the room, not the chairs alone…cause that's silly. There's a lot more serious hints than just "a pair of chairs" suggesting skull kid. Lately it's been pretty chill, i don't know why people are thinking we're still going crazy lol we are just awaiting for more hints or confirmation like the rest of supported characters at this point.
Yeah, I visit all the top character threads, and everyone seems to be pretty chill across the board. Everyone's just talking about hopes and waiting on info...it's all positive and hopeful, but not excessively so.

Overall, it's an awesome speculation environment.:)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think there were "leaks" of Terra being a new character, so there's a chance that Vergeben's source is talking about her. Aside from that, there's the possible Zack echo fighter, Crono from Chrono Trigger, or a Dragon Quest character, so be cautious.
Still, if there's more Square representation it at least means Sakurai can work with them.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think there were "leaks" of Terra being a new character, so there's a chance that Vergeben's source is talking about her. Aside from that, there's the possible Zack echo fighter, or a Dragon Quest character, so be cautious.
Still, if there's more Square representation it at least means Sakurai can work with them.
That leak is fake. It was a copycat account that was created after the first account was deleted. IF the first guy had legitimate sources, all he said was "Square is getting a character" and did not name anyone.

The second person took the same name for his 15 minutes of fame and added a bunch of characters, some of whom don't make sense such as Galacta Knight and Soren

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
That leak is fake. It was a copycat account that was created after the first account was deleted. IF the first guy had legitimate sources, all he said was "Square is getting a character" and did not name anyone.

The second person took the same name for his 15 minutes of fame and added a bunch of characters, some of whom don't make sense such as Galacta Knight and Soren
Checked the leak. It mentioned it got Chrom as a Roy echo correctly. It was confirmed fake? It did have some weird choices.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Checked the leak. It mentioned it got Chrom as a Roy echo correctly. It was confirmed fake? It did have some weird choices.
The two parts of the leak were made by different people.

The person that got Chrom right was not the same person who said Terra was the Square rep

Dragon lord

Lord of all Dragons
getting Chrom being a Roy echo right isn't really much TBH, i know a lot of Chrom fans said that chrom's sword was too short and needed to be a Roy echo to work or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Besides, that leak has "Galacta Knight" (The second half)

We are not getting Galacta Knight when THIS exists

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
So, I've had something on my mind for a while now...if Sakurai intends to show every character before the game launches, that creates a certain opportunity. One regarding a part of the game I haven't seen discussed:

The opening cinematic.

Think about it for a second. Every character in Smash, in an animated opening. Even if it's just for a quick flash of a moment, without secret characters, they can include everyone in it. Think Melee's opening, but with 70 or so characters. With Geno. K. Rool. Ridley. Isaac...

My head would explode.

Granted, he could simply pull a Smash 4 and not have one at all, or use reveal trailer/Spirits mode clips a la Brawl. But if ever there was a time to do such an amazing opening movie, it's with Ultimate. I can just see Sakurai wrapping all the prerelease info with such a video.
God, I hope it isn't like Smash 4's intro. I watched the trailers leading up to the game so often that the intro had nothing interesting for me to see. I ending up skipping it every time I started the game. At least if they go the Brawl route the intro would be fun to watch the first few times you start up Ultimate.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey Star Supporters! I just wanted to pop over from the Isaac thread to wish you guys luck!

Last night's confirmation that Sakurai is indeed using the Smash Ballot has just skyrocketed your chances and that's great to hear. Geno has a lot of history with Smash.

I genuinely think Geno is in. In the grand scale of things Geno isn't as valuable to Square Enix's brand compared to Cloud who is more valuable therefore tougher for Sakurai to get from Square Enix. And yet he did! And you got Geno as a Mii costume.

If I had to guess, Geno as a Mii costume was the foot in the door. Now Cloud is in, Sakurai can go back to Square and ask for Geno as a playable. Couple that with his desire to add Geno and your Ballot results, you have a huge shot.

Wishing you guys the most of luck! This could be your day and I'll be rooting for you guys.

Best of luck!

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Welp. After that Verg claim of a new Square rep it's impossible to keep my expectations low. There's no way now if Geno doesn't make the cut that I won't be disappointed. Oh well, that's the risk of Smash speculation I guess :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Welp. After that Verg claim of a new Square rep it's impossible to keep my expectations low. There's no way now if Geno doesn't make the cut that I won't be disappointed. Oh well, that's the risk of Smash speculation I guess :)
LOL, reminds me of this

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If Square's really that stingy to work with, it's hard to imagine Sakurai going for any other rep opportunity when given the rare chance than a character he himself wanted and referenced in Smash 4: Geno!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I don't want to get my hopes up, SE could cheap out and just agree to Zack Fair being Cloud's echo.. But no, I have to believe and shoot for the stars, the star that is our Geno!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
If Square's really that stingy to work with, it's hard to imagine Sakurai going for any other rep opportunity when given the rare chance than a character he himself wanted and referenced in Smash 4: Geno!
And Cloud has confirmed that the scope of stingy (assuming they are) Square Enix have is wide enough to allow Square Enix's biggest character into the fray.

Geno was obviously a Mii Costume as at the time they were limited to 1 character for the DLC content. After all imagine the annoyance people would have when 2/7 of the DLC was Square Enix property?

I'd say Geno's lack of appearance in 4 (Mii Costume aside) was because they were short on development time and contractually obliged to include Cloud first

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW probably going to update the supporter list on Friday. Thursday is my longest day at work, so I'm not going to be able to today.

Remember to like the OP to get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom