• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klimax

Smash Ace
1. Geno
2. Banjo
3. Rayman
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Spyro

But the last two ones are just a dream. I also gave up on the idea of having a new Nintendo franchise for DLC.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really don't think Sylux is gonna happen as DLC... I feel like Metroid has recieved enough love in Smash for a little bit...

I'd rather see Mother, Kirby, or Pikmin get a new rep.
Louie, Alph, President, Plasm Wraith, or Bulborb should be the Pikmin character.

All of these series except Pikmin already get plenty of love.
But, you see, we still need the Pig King and "No he's not Ness and he's not Sans either dang it."

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So did I miss much gang?

Also our top five DLC? Hmmmm

1 Banjo & Kazooie
2 Geno
3 Lloyd Irving
4 Joker (Persona 5)
5 Spyro

In no particular order, but I gotta say it is awesome to see a lot of people not only say Geno (obviously, Geno thread) but Banjo and Kazooie as well. Brings a tear to my eye.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
That is why we rip his model out of the code and make it a separate character, while giving Olimar his Louie alt. back.
That's a pretty inconsistent thing to have in Smash. Sakurai usually takes the organization of his game's content very seriously. He never switched something like this, from what I recall.

Also, don't want to spark the Spirits discussion thing, but if you are a believer, Sylux doesn't have a spirit, so he has that going for him.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
1. Geno. This is all I really need to happen. However, for others that would be icing on the cake:

2. Banjo & Kazooie (Loved that on N64)
3. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia was my first Tales and still my favorite. A huge RPG for the GameCube that was very popular and well received.)
4. Dixie (would, more or less, complete the DK line up for me. DKC2 was fantastic.)
5. A rep for the "smaller" Nintendo Franchises. Such as Mother/Earthbound, F-Zero or Fire Emblem (JK ;))

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
1. Geno
2. Banjo
3. Bandana Dee
4. Lloyd
5. Rhythm Heaven

If this happens, I will literally have everything I've ever wanted in Smash. Only Spring Man/ARMS rep will be left, and that's a recent pick. (Also practically a lock for next Smash.)

If I just get ONE of the above I'll be happy.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
best line up dlc for me would be

1) Geno
2) Lloyd Irving
3) Terry Bogard
4) Dante from Devil May Cry Series tm
5) Rex&Pyra

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to see if I can reconcile my wishlist with my objective list, here goes:

1. Geno
2. Sora
3. Banjo w/ Minecraft Stage
4. Lloyd
5. Monster Hunter

Although astronomically unlikely, I've come to the conclusion that this game needs both Geno and Sora in it. As this thread has evolved into a general Square-Enix discussion and as we've seen so many new active users and guests, it's clear that the decision makers over at Square need to look in the gd mirror and see the opportunity that they have. Even if Disney gets most or all the revenue for Sora, maybe a bunch of casual Switch users will buy a PS4 and KH3. Then on the other hand, re-establish faith with your fanbase and include Geno as well. Without any other strings attached they'll earn some profits from Geno and maybe convince Switch users to give Octopath or any other new IPs in the pipeline a try.

As a Street Fighter fan, I'm somewhat disappointed that they went with Ken over Chun-Li. Although, I suspect it was more of a time constraint and resource issue than anything else. Knowing that she may have been planned, I would be tempted to add Chun to my list. However, three SF characters is too many for me. Monster Hunter is an enormous franchise now, and I think having a really slow, armored sword fighter would be pretty interesting from a moveset perspective.

Pristine

Smash Cadet
1. Sephiroth (ye ik I could post on the Sephy support thread but it's practically nonexistent/we need an edgy badass villain, we already have too many kid friendly characters).

2. Ragna or Hakumen from Blazblue (yet another series that never gets talked about in general under pretty much any circumstances, they'd make for FAR better swordsmen than what we already have).

3. Raiden from MGS (another edgy looking sword fighter in case Sephiroth doesn't make it in/also celebrating 20th anniversary for series).

4. Lloyd from Tales of series (don't know much about him but design wise he looks more interesting than half the contenders imo).

5. Banjo and Kazooie (once the hallmark of intricately well made games, deserves to be resurrected Smash for Ultimate).

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Receiving additional DLC in the form of Mii costumes and spirits is seemingly very likely. I guess the question I have is whether or not they will be paired with a fighter pass or completely separate?

I imagine that additional content will be separate. Simply because I think there might be some complications/concerns with regard to making each fighter pass feel balanced.

Imagine paying $5.99 (?) for Banjo and Kazooie and along with that purchase you receive a bunch of extra content, including Rare Mii costumes & Spirits (and potentially other features such as a new Rare AT). Imagine receiving even more stuff for a Capcom and/or Sega character.

Then you pay $5.99 for Geno (which is all I personally need), but you just get the same two square mii costumes from smash 4 and that's it.

I can imagine participating companies (and consumers) feeling like some passes offer more than others for the same price. That might not be a good look (namely for Square tbh), so I imagine they'll have the Mii costumes bundled separately with some bundles including spirits or other content.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here is my wishlist for the Fighter Pass:

1. Goemon
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Porky
4. Dixie Kong or Shantae
5. Geno

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Most ideal top 5?

Geno
Banjo
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Krystal

All reasonable/realistic choices.

Pristine

Smash Cadet
Most ideal top 5?

Geno
Banjo
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Krystal

All reasonable/realistic choices.
Considering Isaac and Krystal are assist trophies, not really... (I mean you could argue how Smash4 handled their DLCs but eh)

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
This list isn't long enough, we need to think of 30 ideal DLC characters to fill up all those unused slots ;)
I could keep going

18 Earthworm Jim
19 Ecco the Dolphin
20 Chakan the forever man
21 Turok the Dinosaur Hunter
22 The guy from Holy Diver
23 Jumpstart 3rd Grade robot
24 Math Blaster
25 Oregon Trail Wagon
26 A Tetris Line
27 Sweet Tooth
28 Joanna Dark
29 Jet Force Gemini propeller robot
30 Salacious B. Crum

RingJ5

Smash Ace
“Personal Wishlist” tier

1. Geno
2. Bandana Dee
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Some kind of rhythm-based rep, whether Heaven/EBA/Ouendan
5. Master Chief

“I’m totally okay with this” tier

1. Sora
2. Porky
3. Lloyd
4. Rayman
5. Banjo
(with honorable mentions to Shantae, Monster Hunter, Linkle, and Elma)

“Personal darkest timeline” tier

1. Crono
2. Katalina/Euden
3. New FE rep
4. Sans
5. Steve

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Considering Isaac and Krystal are assist trophies, not really... (I mean you could argue how Smash4 handled their DLCs but eh)
Dude you have Blazblue characters and Raiden in your list you have no business telling anyone what is realistic lmao

ZelDan

Smash Master
“Personal Wishlist” tier

1. Geno
2. Bandana Dee
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Some kind of rhythm-based rep, whether Heaven/EBA/Ouendan
5. Master Chief

“I’m totally okay with this” tier

1. Sora
2. Porky
3. Lloyd
4. Rayman
5. Banjo
(with honorable mentions to Shantae, Monster Hunter, Linkle, and Elma)

“Personal darkest timeline” tier

1. Crono
2. Katalina/Euden
3. New FE rep
4. Sans
5. Steve
Ouch, Crono being a dark timeline character. Not a fan of Chrono Trigger?

Sans is weird. before I played Undertale on the Switch , the whole Sans in Smash thing made me go "ugh" and was just a bunch of meme nonsense to me. Ever sice playing Undertale on the Switch, well...can't say I hate the idea now...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My DLC list:
1. Geno
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Dixie Kong
4. Metal Sonic
5. Shantae

Who I think the DLC characters will be:
1. Geno
2. Sylux
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Banjo
5: Bandana Waddle Dee

Pristine

Smash Cadet
Dude you have Blazblue characters and Raiden in your list you have no business telling anyone what is realistic lmao
It's a "wish list" for a reason. Never did I say "tHeSe ChaRaCterS I WanT ArE ReaLiStIc!1!1!1!1!1". Like seriously, at least try to fathom that much lol.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I meant if there were no barriers. Obviously I don’t think either will get in, but in my ideal world, they are perfect candidates.
Great list. Isaac, Dixie, and Krystal are the only remaining first party characters that would be hype for me!
It's a crime they aren't in yet. Dixie especially.

Last edited:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
My ideal DLC:

1. Geno (Obviously)

2. Banjo (One of my favorite games and my favorte N64 game. Love that bear and bird duo)

3. Isaac (The GS fans have waited long enough, they totally deserve Isaac at this point. Plus he’d likely bring Venus Lighthouse as a song and that’s such a banger.)

4. Chorus Kids (I think they’d have an interesting mechanic and moveset plus Rythym heaven deserves more love in smash.)

5. Mach rider (the obvious Retro rep and Mach rider would be super interesting.)

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Also, if Geno gets in, what Mii Costumes based on SMRPG would you like to see? A swordfighter skin based on the axem rangers would be awesome, or maybe a swordfighter skin where they're holding Exor. Mallow could be shoehorned into a Gunner outfit probably. Booster as a brawler maybe?
mostly just palettes based on other characters from the various mario rpg games tbh

Latyon

Smash Cadet
Top 5:

Geno (Square)
Banjo-Kazooie (Microsoft/Rare)
The Castle Crashers (The Behemoth)
Vyse (Sega)
I dunno

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
My ideal DLC:

1. Geno (Obviously)

2. Banjo (One of my favorite games and my favorte N64 game. Love that bear and bird duo)

3. Isaac (The GS fans have waited long enough, they totally deserve Isaac at this point. Plus he’d likely bring Venus Lighthouse as a song and that’s such a banger.)

4. Chorus Kids (I think they’d have an interesting mechanic and moveset plus Rythym heaven deserves more love in smash.)

5. Mach rider (the obvious Retro rep and Mach rider would be super interesting.)
These seem... familiar somehow. Can't put my finger on it.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
1 GENO
2 Banjo
3 Megaman X
4 Skullkid
5 Vivi/Blackmage

Also, I was looking at the SSBU manual and it shows SE's credits

Geno was mentioned as a SE copyright at the end of M&L, and obviously in Smash 4. When that one Nintendo artist drew that pic of Geno (that he deleted shortly after) he said Geno was a subject of discussion at the office, which I think coincides with SSBU starting production.. Maybe SE doesn't want to seem petty and have a specific credit for the Geno/Mallow spirits, or maybe.. Nintendo bought the rights? I DUNNO :v
maybe it's because SE owns cloud strife

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
My top 5 DLC Wishlist

1. Geno (for obvious reasons)
2. Banjo & Kazooie (Iconic duo from the N64 Era)
3. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby Team needs to be rounded out)
4. Chorus Kids (I feel they’d be really unique)
5. Porky (Mother needs Villain representation)

The Would be Totally Fine with Wishlist:

1. Sephiroth (Villain for Final Fantasy)
2. Dixie Kong (More Kong’s the merrier)
3. Impa (Need more Zelda characters)
4. Black Shadow (Villain representation for F-Zero)
5. Tom Nook (Really liked his character and design in Animal Crossing)

Would Welcome With Open Arms Wishlist:

1. Tails
2. Lloyd Irving
3. Heihachi Mishima
4. Dante (Devil May Cry)
5. Rayman
*BONUS* Sora

If we can get a Retro Rep in the pass, any of these will be fine:

1. Ayumi Tachibana
2. Mach Rider
3. Battletoads
4. Ryu Hayabusa
5. Frogger

Plz no List

1. Steve
2. Sans
3. Another FE character
4. Katalina
5. Style Savvy

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I step away for a day or two and we go from 425 pages to...476!?!?!?!? Holy crapola, guys, noway anyone can say we aren't an active fanbase.

So I've heard some misinformation and I just want to clarify: PolarPanda PolarPanda and his/her source is not tied to the recent Lloyd talks or the the whole rumor that someone who knows a Square translator mentioned that Geno and Sephy are the two finalists for a Square rep. One is just speculation based on information, just like we have done for pages and pages here for Geno, and the other is just some rando who DM'd Panda's source with the LinkedIn account of someone who supposedly said something. There is no information behind it, nothing of substance, it's likely a goose-chase and both Panda and Panda's source don't think it holds any wait. Both Panda and Panda's source have yet to reveal much new and likely won't until very close to the VGAs at BEST. I was told that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice may have been spreading this misinformation, but I'm not pointing fingers, just clearing the air and making sure people don't get things confused like they often do with Vergeben.

I also have some info, but it doesn't necessarily pertain to Ultimate DLC, so I won't say it here until I get approval from Panda.

EDIT: What is the current topic at hand? I never got to talk about my Smash memories, so if it's still cool to talk about them I will.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I step away for a day or two and we go from 425 pages to...476!?!?!?!? Holy crapola, guys, noway anyone can say we aren't an active fanbase.

So I've heard some misinformation and I just want to clarify: PolarPanda PolarPanda and his/her source is not tied to the recent Lloyd talks or the the whole rumor that someone who knows a Square translator mentioned that Geno and Sephy are the two finalists for a Square rep. One is just speculation based on information, just like we have done for pages and pages here for Geno, and the other is just some rando who DM'd Panda's source with the LinkedIn account of someone who supposedly said something. There is no information behind it, nothing of substance, it's likely a goose-chase and both Panda and Panda's source don't think it holds any wait. Both Panda and Panda's source have yet to reveal much new and likely won't until very close to the VGAs at BEST. I was told that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice may have been spreading this misinformation, but I'm not pointing fingers, just clearing the air and making sure people don't get things confused like they often do with Vergeben.

I also have some info, but it doesn't necessarily pertain to Ultimate DLC, so I won't say it here until I get approval from Panda.

EDIT: What is the current topic at hand? I never got to talk about my Smash memories, so if it's still cool to talk about them I will.
Damn it be ya own fatmen

(this is a joke post)

Last edited:

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
1.Geno
2.Banjo&Kazooie
3.KOS-MOS
4.Quote
5.Phoenix Wright

I see a very possible world in which I don't get any though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom