• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
In a heartbeat, not even a question.

That said, damn, this whole argument is so silly. More Geno headcanons: he would legitimately find installing Super Soakers into his arms a great idea.
Yeah, this argument has run it's course multiple times over, especially when questions like that are asked.

I will put in my own headcanon: Contrary to popular perception, Geno has not been locked away by Square all these years. Rather, he is pulling a hobo Phoenix design wise and is doing behind the scene jobs in gaming, particularly in the Square special effects department.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want to remind you that PP did NOT have a personality prior to smash. It was a clump of pixels in the rough shape of a venus fly trap that popped in and out of warp pipes, snapping its jaws open and closed like a robot. If you call that personality than I see no point in continuing this conversation.
Try playing the RPG's where it did have animations showing a personality. So yes, yes it did. Those count too. Personality doesn't require words to be known. That's a matter of animations, doing anything even slightly visible in games. A lot of enemies show personality in various games, often in RPG's too, Things like dancing to the beat of the music can happen, for instance, which shows that they can have an upbeat personality. Subtle personality is still personality.

Your first sentence here is a blatant assumption with no proof whatsoever. To my knowledge, NOBODY knows the inner workings of Sakurai and his superiors, let alone the true reasoning behind why Geno hasn't yet been included in Smash. Your second sentence is just plain false. You mean to tell me that you, nor anyone else here, would consider Geno EVER getting in as a surprise?! Holy hell, THAT would be the surprise of a lifetime right beside Banjo-Kazooie. All I gotta say is, for a Geno support thread, I'm seeing some pretty sad support. For laughs and giggles, I'm curious where our loyalties lie.
Let me ask a total hypothetical:
Newsflash; Geno is not a 1st party character Sakurai can add on a whim. He asks Square-Enix and they say yes or no. PP is someone he can add on a whim because there a no hurdles. We know one of two things; Sakurai didn't ask or Sakurai asked and got rejected. There's literally no other case of why Geno is not in. Nothing else is literally possible. It's not rocket science. PP is obviously chosen independent of Geno because they not only have entirely different roles in the game(why would Geno be a surprise character?) but one is 3rd party and one is 1st party. Their situations couldn't be more different if anyone tried.

If....IF...you had the chance to trade PP for Geno...would you?

Again, this is purely hypothetical. Don't overthink the realism or reasoning of the scenario. The answer is yes... or no. Which one means more to you? I'm curious to know....
Honestly? No. I'd have both in instead. Because I don't play that kind of game. I don't have an Us or Them personality. I find it frankly useless to choose one over the other when their circumstances make it a completely pointless trade. It doesn't make sense. Why would I remove a cool character who breathes a ton of life to the game just to justify another deserving character be in. Neither mean more to me anyway.

My answer is "just add both". If one comes before, that's just how it goes sometimes. I mean, it's not like one has to be licensed and allowed playable first while the other has a different role entirely(being a Mario character is hardly a role in this case, though it did slightly help PP... since all it did was show that it's recognizable by being in tons of games, but that's as far as what the Mario series did in making it an easy choice). Or if you prefer the meme "Why not both?"

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Newsflash; Geno is not a 1st party character Sakurai can add on a whim. He asks Square-Enix and they say yes or no. PP is someone he can add on a whim because there a no hurdles. We know one of two things; Sakurai didn't ask or Sakurai asked and got rejected. There's literally no other case of why Geno is not in. Nothing else is literally possible. It's not rocket science. PP is obviously chosen independent of Geno because they not only have entirely different roles in the game(why would Geno be a surprise character?) but one is 3rd party and one is 1st party. Their situations couldn't be more different if anyone tried.
You know who they could've added on a whim with no hurdles? Skull Kid, Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, Saki, Ashley, Dixie Kong, Chibi Robo, Takamaru, and Hades. Piranha Plant didn't just take Geno's spot, it took many characters spots and now none of those characters are ever getting into Smash Bros. When you look at all the newcomer everyone make sense of why they're in except Piranha Plant. It's the sore thumb that stick out saying "why this character? Why is this the last Nintendo character that gets to be in Smash Bros Ultimate while everyone else is dead in a ditch?"

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
We know one of two things; Sakurai didn't ask or Sakurai asked and got rejected. There's literally no other case of why Geno is not in.
Wait. You KNOW this? That IS a newsflash. Who needs rocket science when your a clairvoyant? In either case, if Sakurai didn't ask, he must not want Geno. The only other scenario would mean he got shot down, you say? Guess we should all pack it up then.

Honestly? No. I'd have both in instead. Because I don't play that kind of game. I don't have an Us or Them personality. I find it frankly useless to choose one over the other when their circumstances make it a completely pointless trade. It doesn't make sense. Why would I remove a cool character who breathes a ton of life to the game just to justify another deserving character be in. Neither mean more to me anyway.
So you overthought it. Can't say I'm too surprised. Carry on then.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
If....IF...you had the chance to trade PP for Geno...would you?

Again, this is purely hypothetical. Don't overthink the realism or reasoning of the scenario. The answer is yes... or no. Which one means more to you? I'm curious to know....
Yes. No if or buts about it. I'd even cut my two mains for Geno (Fox and Dedede), I'd cut 50% of the roster for Geno akin to what Thanos did. I'd do the same. I just want Geno man, He's always been my top 5 most wanted and ever since I played Super Mario RPG he jumped all the way to number one. Always.

I'd like to keep both cause Piranha Plant is cool and this whole thing is not an Us vs Them situation cause one is first party while the other is not. I'd like to keep both but if not then Geno within a heartbeat, This argument is getting very old though so please let's drop this.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I’m in it until the hype train’s wheels fall off and the hype train inevitably rolls off a cliff, hits every rock on the way down and explodes. :lol:
Same. I’ll hang onto that 1% chance until we run out of DLC. Banjo was such a surprise. Who knows, just gonna enjoy the ride.

More Geno headcanons: he would legitimately find installing Super Soakers into his arms a great idea.
Sounds like the makings of a SMRPG beach party at Seaside Town. Johnny Jones’ crew is grilling up some gigantic calamari. Mallow splits in half to spike a volleyball past a diving Mario. Shogun is buried up to his mandibles in sand. Toadstool is helping Dyna and Mite build a Mushroom Kingdom replica sandcastle. Bowser’s sitting by himself, refusing to join the festivities so Geno casually shoots him with his hidden super soakers.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Why are we still on this!?

This is getting kind of silly people, but, if I may, I would like to present a case for Geno (potentially) NOT returning as a Mii Costume. I figure, trade silly debates for silly speculation! SO LETS BEGIN!

First and foremost, lets start with Dragon Quest. We got The Hero as one of our new fighters. They are from a franchise that is considered (or rather titled) as LEGENDARY. Now, to me, it is certainly a big deal...for Japan. History shows that Dragon Quest never really hit its mark in the West. Perhaps a couple of games hit better than others (Dragon Quest VIII comes to mind and is one of my favorites!), how ever, it never landed its mark.

However, in Japan, it is HUGE! Seriously, people celebrate Dragon Quest like people in the west celebrate Football or Sports in general. So much that (supposedly) when DQ 1 (or 3) came out in Japan, a lot of people took off work or skipped school to play this game. Seriously!? It is kind of maddening how much impact that serious had on the wonderful people of Japan.

I know what you are thinking "Why are you talking about this? Lets talk about PP!" Now now, I am getting to that. I would consider Dragon Quest the Grandfather of JRPGs. I dare say this is Square-Enix's (Mostly Enix's) BABY. Like Mario to Nintendo, The Heros are to Enix.

Now, here's my question....Would Enix really give us the bare minimum for DLC, if Dragon Quest is their Baby? I guess what I am trying to say is, will we only have two music tracks? Only two Mii Costumes? Only two Spirit Battles for this LEGENDARY series? I have a feeling we are going to get a LOT more than what we are expecting.

"What's your point!?!" Ahhh yes. My point is, I feel we will get some Mii Costumes from Dragon Quest 3,4,8 and 11 in some fashion. Of course, a Slime Hat is a given.
Now onto the actual case. We are expecting Geno's Costume to return with the Chocobo Hat from Final Fantasy, yes? However, I am going to argue that only the Chocobo Hat is returning. "But, Sonic's Mii Costumes came back with Joker's inclusion, because Atlus is a sub-franchise of Sega!" That is correct, however, not ALL of the costumes returned from Sega's catalog. Jacky and Akira from Virtua Fighter are missing. Is that not kind of odd? In a way, its not at all.

Those costumes were removed to make way for Persona's NEW Mii Costumes. Yet if I may, Sonic did get their Mii Costumes back. Sonic...is a fighter in Ultimate. They need some representation in the Mii Costume department and now we have it (If you want it, at least). So, finally, when The Hero is shown, do not be surprised if Geno's Costume is not among the Mii Costumes shown. I predict we will have a good chunk of Dragon Quest Mii Costumes and then....THE CHOCOBO HAT RETURNS! Why just the hat? Well...Final Fantasy has a fighter in Ultimate (Cloud), who needs some Mii Costume representation.

To sum this up, The Mii Costumes that will return will be from a Franchise that has a Fighter. The Example thus far is Sonic with the return of Tails and Knuckles' Mii Costumes. However, yes, Geno is a Mario character (technically) so he could come back and all this is for not. Just wanting to bring something new to the table that hasn't been considered I feel.

Also, if we want to get a little crazy...Geno is owned by Square...NOT Enix....The Square Rep is still in play gang!!! :4pacman:
Thank you for coming to my TED talk. I am sorry, there are no cookies...

EDIT: I will be OK if the Geno Costume comes back. Just bringing something to the table. papagenos papagenos I would like your take on this.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

This is getting kind of silly people, but, if I may, I would like to present a case for Geno (potentially) NOT returning as a Mii Costume. I figure, trade silly debates for silly speculation! SO LETS BEGIN!

First and foremost, lets start with Dragon Quest. We got The Hero as one of our new fighters. They are from a franchise that is considered (or rather titled) as LEGENDARY. Now, to me, it is certainly a big deal...for Japan. History shows that Dragon Quest never really hit its mark in the West. Perhaps a couple of games hit better than others (Dragon Quest VIII comes to mind and is one of my favorites!), how ever, it never landed its mark.

However, in Japan, it is HUGE! Seriously, people celebrate Dragon Quest like people in the west celebrate Football or Sports in general. So much that (supposedly) when DQ 1 (or 3) came out in Japan, a lot of people took off work or skipped school to play this game. Seriously!? It is kind of maddening how much impact that serious had on the wonderful people of Japan.

I know what you are thinking "Why are you talking about this? Lets talk about PP!" Now now, I am getting to that. I would consider Dragon Quest the Grandfather of JRPGs. I dare say this is Square-Enix's (Mostly Enix's) BABY. Like Mario to Nintendo, The Heros are to Enix.

Now, here's my question....Would Enix really give us the bare minimum for DLC, if Dragon Quest is their Baby? I guess what I am trying to say is, will we only have two music tracks? Only two Mii Costumes? Only two Spirit Battles for this LEGENDARY series? I have a feeling we are going to get a LOT more than what we are expecting.

"What's your point!?!" Ahhh yes. My point is, I feel we will get some Mii Costumes from Dragon Quest 3,4,8 and 11 in some fashion. Of course, a Slime Hat is a given.
Now onto the actual case. We are expecting Geno's Costume to return with the Chocobo Hat from Final Fantasy, yes? However, I am going to argue that only the Chocobo Hat is returning. "But, Sonic's Mii Costumes came back with Joker's inclusion, because Atlus is a sub-franchise of Sega!" That is correct, however, not ALL of the costumes returned from Sega's catalog. Jacky and Akira from Virtua Fighter are missing. Is that not kind of odd? In a way, its not at all.

Those costumes were removed to make way for Persona's NEW Mii Costumes. Yet if I may, Sonic did get their Mii Costumes back. Sonic...is a fighter in Ultimate. They need some representation in the Mii Costume department and now we have it (If you want it, at least). So, finally, when The Hero is shown, do not be surprised if Geno's Costume is not among the Mii Costumes shown. I predict we will have a good chunk of Dragon Quest Mii Costumes and then....THE CHOCOBO HAT RETURNS! Why just the hat? Well...Final Fantasy has a fighter in Ultimate (Cloud), who needs some Mii Costume representation.

To sum this up, The Mii Costumes that will return will be from a Franchise that has a Fighter. The Example thus far is Sonic with the return of Tails and Knuckles' Mii Costumes. However, yes, Geno is a Mario character (technically) so he could come back and all this is for not. Just wanting to bring something new to the table that hasn't been considered I feel.

Also, if we want to get a little crazy...Geno is owned by Square...NOT Enix....The Square Rep is still in play gang!!! :4pacman:
I came for the cookies, can I get a refund?

Firox

Smash Master
Yes. No if or buts about it. I'd even cut my two mains for Geno (Fox and Dedede), I'd cut 50% of the roster for Geno akin to what Thanos did. I'd do the same. I just want Geno man, He's always been my top 5 most wanted and ever since I played Super Mario RPG he jumped all the way to number one. Always.

I'd like to keep both cause Piranha Plant is cool and this whole thing is not an Us vs Them situation cause one is first party while the other is not. I'd like to keep both but if not then Geno within a heartbeat, This argument is getting very old though so please let's drop this.
Finally someone that realized what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to make it an Us vs Them as much as understand our determination for a common goal: The glorious debut of Geno in Smash!

PS That Thanos snap bit had me rolling on the floor.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman

It’s an interesting theory. Sephiroth, Tifa, and Barret would all make sense as costumes too and fit the three Mii Fighters. That said, I’ll take the Geno costume over nothing, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait. You KNOW this? That IS a newsflash. Who needs rocket science when your a clairvoyant? In either case, if Sakurai didn't ask, he must not want Geno. The only other scenario would mean he got shot down, you say? Guess we should all pack it up then
Try being realistic here.

How do you think Geno gets in Smash? Nintendo doesn't own him. This requires Sakurai to approach SE first to get the character. Are you thinking SE will ask to put him in, despite refusing to use the character at all? Is that really that realistic. I mean, fair enough, it's not impossible. I'll admit that. But then we have something that sounds strange; why would Sakurai say no? He wants him in. He's made that clear. In fact, if it was the case and he wanted to do something else, wouldn't he have gotten a Mii costume right away since it was a more special situation? So that leaves the two realistic options; Sakurai didn't ask(which we can't say he asked during Brawl either), or he asked and got a no. When we look at how DLC works, and the fact he really wants him in for the fans, there's not exactly much left here.

I mean, yeah, Nintendo could buy him later, sure. But they have little reason to do so, since SMRPG has a crapload of content that's worth buying too. SE would be foolish to let one character go when they still make money off of the game via things like the SNES Classic and other re-releases. It's realistically all or nothing for them. For Geno himself, that's a really small thing to ask for, regardless if he'll get used a lot. In that case, SE could make more money licensing him out for other small things instead of selling him. It's a fairly easy business decision for them. Make the most money out of their character as they can. They seem to be doing pretty well thanks to re-releases, so it already works out.

You know who they could've added on a whim with no hurdles? Skull Kid, Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, Elma, Saki, Ashley, Dixie Kong, Chibi Robo, Takamaru, and Hades. Piranha Plant didn't just take Geno's spot, it took many characters spots and now none of those characters are ever getting into Smash Bros. When you look at all the newcomer everyone make sense of why they're in except Piranha Plant. It's the sore thumb that stick out saying "why this character? Why is this the last Nintendo character that gets to be in Smash Bros Ultimate while everyone else is dead in a ditch?"
None of them are surprise characters, so none of the comparisons work.

It got in because it wasn't made to be some hero or main villain. It was just a surprise character for fun. That's why. All of them are exactly what PP isn't, a main character or hero or something else, or at least requested. Surprise characters aren't "requested". That's not their point. They come out of nowhere intentionally to give something the fanbase wouldn't expect. And we've had these countless times, with Smash 64 being the only one that could be argued without one, but Ness might still be close to a case for it. Even F-Zero was doing better overall than EarthBound/Mother. Melee has Mr. Game & Watch. Brawl has R.O.B. 4 had both Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt. Ultimate has PP. Those are what they're like, non-requested characters. That's how they're a "surprise", and the first thing to look for. Which is a catch-22. You won't see 'em coming. And let's be honest, outside of maybe Ness, none of these characters were seen coming at all(bar that .00000000001%(it's even lower than this) who guessed a character once. Literally one person did make a guess of WFT, and they seemed to be joking. Duck Hunt had one person that saw him coming, with many a small amount of fanbases, a fairly tiny base too, but they weren't all that expecting him, but hoping). The rest, though? No, they weren't guessed, not even by that one or few random people. And I say this as a person who finds these all fun additions, and was actually skeptical of WFT when I first heard of it. You learn a lot when you look at the full picture and realize that a lot of characters additions are done with a specific role in mind. It's been a development thing for a while. For instance, Ike is a burly swordsman. That's literally his role. It can be that simple. Some share similar roles, obviously. Retro picks, surprise characters, relevancy picks, advertisement picks... etc.

I'm all for Geno getting in, but targeting a character who was never Geno's competition to begin with doesn't help at all. They're literally unrelated as picks as you can get.

Also, those are neat costumes, but why no love for Aerith? D:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Try being realistic here.

How do you think Geno gets in Smash? Nintendo doesn't own him. This requires Sakurai to approach SE first to get the character. Are you thinking SE will ask to put him in, despite refusing to use the character at all? Is that really that realistic. I mean, fair enough, it's not impossible. I'll admit that. But then we have something that sounds strange; why would Sakurai say no? He wants him in. He's made that clear. In fact, if it was the case and he wanted to do something else, wouldn't he have gotten a Mii costume right away since it was a more special situation? So that leaves the two realistic options; Sakurai didn't ask(which we can't say he asked during Brawl either), or he asked and got a no. When we look at how DLC works, and the fact he really wants him in for the fans, there's not exactly much left here.

I mean, yeah, Nintendo could buy him later, sure. But they have little reason to do so, since SMRPG has a crapload of content that's worth buying too. SE would be foolish to let one character go when they still make money off of the game via things like the SNES Classic and other re-releases. It's realistically all or nothing for them. For Geno himself, that's a really small thing to ask for, regardless if he'll get used a lot. In that case, SE could make more money licensing him out for other small things instead of selling him. It's a fairly easy business decision for them. Make the most money out of their character as they can. They seem to be doing pretty well thanks to re-releases, so it already works out.

None of them are surprise characters, so none of the comparisons work.

It got in because it wasn't made to be some hero or main villain. It was just a surprise character for fun. That's why. All of them are exactly what PP isn't, a main character or hero or something else, or at least requested. Surprise characters aren't "requested". That's not their point. They come out of nowhere intentionally to give something the fanbase wouldn't expect. And we've had these countless times, with Smash 64 being the only one that could be argued without one, but Ness might still be close to a case for it. Even F-Zero was doing better overall than EarthBound/Mother. Melee has Mr. Game & Watch. Brawl has R.O.B. 4 had both Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt. Ultimate has PP. Those are what they're like, non-requested characters. That's how they're a "surprise", and the first thing to look for. Which is a catch-22. You won't see 'em coming. And let's be honest, outside of maybe Ness, none of these characters were seen coming at all(bar that .00000000001%(it's even lower than this) who guessed a character once. Literally one person did make a guess of WFT, and they seemed to be joking. Duck Hunt had one person that saw him coming, with many a small amount of fanbases, a fairly tiny base too, but they weren't all that expecting him, but hoping). The rest, though? No, they weren't guessed, not even by that one or few random people. And I say this as a person who finds these all fun additions, and was actually skeptical of WFT when I first heard of it. You learn a lot when you look at the full picture and realize that a lot of characters additions are done with a specific role in mind. It's been a development thing for a while. For instance, Ike is a burly swordsman. That's literally his role. It can be that simple. Some share similar roles, obviously. Retro picks, surprise characters, relevancy picks, advertisement picks... etc.

I'm all for Geno getting in, but targeting a character who was never Geno's competition to begin with doesn't help at all. They're literally unrelated as picks as you can get.
Smash Bros Ultimate shouldn't have a Surprise Character added into the game. They said there's a limited resources so there can't be that many characters when compare to the 21 newcomers added to Smash Bros 4. Ultimate had a limit of 12 newcomers with half of them being DLC, if there's that much of a limit then they shouldn't be messing around and add surprise picks that no one wanted. It's called Smash Bros "ULTIMATE" put in the characters that people want, don't be like "won't it be funny if this potted plant could fight? Let's do it!" When they did that they just wasted a whole bunch of time and money that could've gone to a character would've pleased the fanbase. Now we're left with this joke of a character that can never be taken back. Had we have the same amount of newcomers that we did with Smash 4 then Piranha Plant would be fine, but as of now we're getting less newcomers when compared to Melee which had 14. If the newcomers are going to be small then let them be strong and pack a punch, not a stupid joke that was only funny for 2 minutes.

Firox

Smash Master
You missed the point, but that's fine. I've moved on.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a BIG supporter of geno but I would prefer him over the plant I don't find the appeal of it sure aha it's funny but that's just a stupid idea of a character

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, not worth it. Not everybody should have to like surprise characters. But development is very complicated too.

...I'll leave it at that. Yeah, I kept the derail going on a bit too long. Apologies for that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Finally someone that realized what I was getting at. I wasn't trying to make it an Us vs Them as much as understand our determination for a common goal: The glorious debut of Geno in Smash!
We can show our determination for Geno without ranting about Sakurai and the Plant or being rude to each other.

For who I’d choose, yes I’d choose Geno if we couldn’t have both.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Sounds like the makings of a SMRPG beach party at Seaside Town. Johnny Jones’ crew is grilling up some gigantic calamari. Mallow splits in half to spike a volleyball past a diving Mario. Shogun is buried up to his mandibles in sand. Toadstool is helping Dyna and Mite build a Mushroom Kingdom replica sandcastle. Bowser’s sitting by himself, refusing to join the festivities so Geno casually shoots him with his hidden super soakers.
My head canon puts Geno in an conceptual placement similar to Iron Man (the doll is the suit, the Star-person inside is Tony Stark).

He's serious, takes his job absolutely seriously, but can be jovial and light-hearted on a whim. His confidence with his opponents is also noted. He's also clearly highly intelligent and knows a crap-ton of things despite not being from the Mushroom Kingdom. He clearly understood that his daggum name was hard to pronounce. He was understanding of the earth-dwellers enough to the point of adopting the doll's name just for the sake of clear communication.

However, I have to assume something happens whenever he gets a new weapon in SMRPG. I mean, are we really just going to believe that those weird shops REALLY sell firearm-based, wooden DOLL HANDS (lol, literal "firearms"), exclusively for this 1-in-a-million type being?
The party probably walks in to some weapons shop, Mario looks at various shells and hammers, Peach looks at kitchen utensils, and Geno looks at the guns and cannons. He promptly buys one, and then adapts it into his system like Mega Man with the Robot Master abilities. But remember, his weapons are extremely lethal, and should probably be taken to the extreme degree.
He'd probably take the Super Soakers and convert them into freakin' Hydro Cannons; specifically the type that can cut through steel. All the better to defeat Smithy with.

Taking the concept to an extreme, I think Geno adapting a ton of weapons into his arsenal would be hilarious and epic. Arm blades, star-powered arm laser swords, his feet could probably imitate Iron Man's jet boosters to grant him flight, wrist and arm rockets (not rocket punch but miniature missiles), spiked ball and chain setups, mortar launchers, and that's not even counting full-body transformations into other weapons of mass destruction, and it barely scratches the surface of his potential star abilities.

At full power, Geno might even be capable of creating black holes.

And then, there's the hilarious comparisons to Genos from One Punch Man. (Geno... Genos, get it?)

Watching Geno do this would be sick. Heck, anything Genos does is pretty sick looking, and applying to Geno is amazing in my mind's eye.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
We can show our determination for Geno without ranting about Sakurai and the Plant or being rude to each other.
I know right? It's a lot better than ranting about how great it would be to fill the roster with mooks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know right? It's a lot better than ranting about how great it would be to fill the roster with mooks.
I see you don’t read my posts, either, though I did read every post of yours after my first one regarding this Plant discussion, if we can call it that since people are rude and your sarcasm doesn’t help.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

For who I’d choose, yes I’d choose Geno if we couldn’t have both.
Truthfully, it's hard for me to choose a character that was never requested. Hell, I'm pretty sure I saw requests for Brian before I even thought of going for it. Though it's hard to remember over 5 years back on that.

That said, while I'd prefer both, I have wanted Geno in. Though PP wasn't the first mook I've wanted in either. That honor goes to Shy Guy, who was one of the few I'd like as a Yoshi rep~ The other being Kamek.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Truthfully, it's hard for me to choose a character that was never requested. Hell, I'm pretty sure I saw requests for Brian before I even thought of going for it. Though it's hard to remember over 5 years back on that.

That said, while I'd prefer both, I have wanted Geno in. Though PP wasn't the first mook I've wanted in either. That honor goes to Shy Guy, who was one of the few I'd like as a Yoshi rep~ The other being Kamek.
That sounds cool. Shy Guy does have a bunch of variations, right? I would like to see Kamek more though, especially with how central he is to the Yoshi series. Either way, it would be cool to get another Yoshi rep, considering it was one of the original Smash series.

Firox

Smash Master
I see you don’t read my posts, either, though I did read every post of yours after my first one regarding this Plant discussion, if we can call it that since people are rude and your sarcasm doesn’t help.
What are you talking about? I've read all your posts, but if you choose to misinterpret mine that's on you. And btw, I wasn't being sarcastic. Supporting Geno without side-rants IS better than talking up mooks in the roster. Though I do have to agree with Chinderblock; if I had to have a mook in the roster, Shyguy would be one of my top picks.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What are you talking about? I've read all your posts, but if you choose to misinterpret mine that's on you. And btw, I wasn't being sarcastic. Supporting Geno without side-rants IS better than talking up mooks in the roster. Though I do have to agree with Chinderblock; if I had to have a mook in the roster, Shyguy would be one of my top picks.
My apologies; it seemed similar to your first post with sarcasm, but that’s my bad.

I think this Plant discussion just ain’t going so well.

Shy Guy would be cool, too.

If we’re still doing Geno headcanons:

Geno enjoys pumpkin pie and no one can tell me otherwise.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m going to be honest, I wouldn’t trade anyone we have on the roster for anyone else, and I’m sure as **** not trading multiple characters for just one. I wouldn’t do that for any character, even if you’d asked about my most wanteds, I’m not trading. Sounds like an awful concept of disappointing one group to please another.

No thanks, I’ll just wait until they get in of their own accord so we can have them all. And if we don’t get them, oh well. That’s how things go sometimes.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
I’m going to be honest, I wouldn’t trade anyone we have on the roster for anyone else
Anyone who wants to try and debate with this guy in the future please refer yourself to this post before wasting your time

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Though PP wasn't the first mook I've wanted in either. That honor goes to Shy Guy, who was one of the few I'd like as a Yoshi rep~ The other being Kamek.
Bandanna Dee should have been our "generic enemy" ('a goomba with a hat') honestly. He's got some weird levels of support

Sounds like an awful concept of disappointing one group to please another.
What, like putting in a character nobody asked for?

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, yeah, I'd rather have Dixie Kong or Bandana Dee than Piranha Plant, but I at least understand why Piranha Plant is in the game, and it entertains me well enough. For Geno, if he happens, cool, if not, then that's already where my expectation is at.

Even back in the day I wouldn't be trading in multiple characters for K. Rool. I think it's just not really a healthy way to view Smash speculation anyway; it's very much an "us vs. them" mentality and even K. Rool supporters were guilty of that at times. I remember being disappointed that the K. Rool thread was dumping on Cloud when he was revealed, because Cloud was such an exciting reveal to me, the most exciting Smash reveal at the time. It's better to encourage positivity and open-mindedness than lash out at characters lucky enough to get in.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I mean, yeah, I'd rather have Dixie Kong or Bandana Dee than Piranha Plant, but I at least understand why Piranha Plant is in the game, and it entertains me well enough. For Geno, if he happens, cool, if not, then that's already where my expectation is at.

Even back in the day I wouldn't be trading in multiple characters for K. Rool. I think it's just not really a healthy way to view Smash speculation anyway; it's very much an "us vs. them" mentality and even K. Rool supporters were guilty of that at times. I remember being disappointed that the K. Rool thread was dumping on Cloud when he was revealed, because Cloud was such an exciting reveal to me, the most exciting Smash reveal at the time. It's better to encourage positivity and open-mindedness than lash out at characters lucky enough to get in.
You literally just **** on me a day ago for suggesting that additional DLC after the FP is more likely than not and now you’re preaching about encouraging positivity

Okay.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Bandanna Dee should have been our "generic enemy" ('a goomba with a hat') honestly. He's got some weird levels of support
But he is not a generic enemy. He is a singular character who has appeared in several games and has even gotten a personality.

StormC

Smash Hero
You literally just **** on me a day ago for suggesting that additional DLC after the FP is more likely than not and now you’re preaching about encouraging positivity

Okay.
I'm talking about positivity regarding the game and character. Make others want to join the discussion, don't make outsiders feel alienated because of negativity and perceived entitlement. I don't expect Geno in Smash Ultimate, or future DLC. But discussions that are about "why is that character in and not mine?" are rarely healthy overall; I should know after spending so long in the K. Rool community.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Okay.
Honesty doesn't equate to ****ting on someone, though? StormC wasn't doing anything like that. You really gotta chill, dude.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I remember being disappointed that the K. Rool thread was dumping on Cloud when he was revealed, because Cloud was such an exciting reveal to me, the most exciting Smash reveal at the time. It's better to encourage positivity and open-mindedness than lash out at characters lucky enough to get in.
But why is it the K Rool thread's responsibility to encourage you for feeling happy about Cloud? You know what the thread was for, right? People whose main Smash Bros want was King K Rool. It wasn't a thread for Cloud. Go hang out in the Cloud thread if you wanted to talk about him.

Am I losing my mind? I really don't recall this bizarre mindset for any other Smash game, and I've been using Nintendo forums pre-Brawl. When did the sudden change come about where we all had to hold hands and sing kumbaya around a campfire every time some stupid freak no one wants gets added to the game?

I don't expect Geno in Smash Ultimate, or future DLC. But discussions that are about "why is that character in and not mine?" are rarely healthy overall; I should know after spending so long in the K. Rool community.
So are you using these threads as social threads or what?

But he is not a generic enemy. He is a singular character who has appeared in several games and has even gotten a personality.
1562216752056.png

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Anyone who wants to try and debate with this guy in the future please refer yourself to this post before wasting your time
I don’t even get what you’re trying to insinuate with this comment (I mean you’re certainly trying to make me look bad by cropping a sentence without the rest of the context).

But yeah, I like Ultimate’s roster a lot. I’m also completely unwilling to trade characters. I don’t see the problem with that opinion and it really shouldn’t be one.

I’m not any less of a fan because I won’t take away from others to get my character (nor am I any more of one because of that). I’m just a Geno fan like everyone else here, just with some different opinions on things.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I losing my mind? I really don't recall this bizarre mindset for any other Smash game, and I've been using Nintendo forums pre-Brawl. When did the sudden change come about where we all had to hold hands and sing kumbaya around a campfire every time some stupid freak no one wants gets added to the game?
A lot of people have graduated middle school since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom