• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Guys I think we should go ask D1, Sky Williams, all geno supporters to help us spread the word for geno because on all these newsites they are having these top five character polls and geno is barely in any of them. I know geno is asked for more than some of the characters in the poll like shovel knight because geno has japan to back him up , but I'm scared that he is not getting the publicity he needs.
PicsArt_1428186611935.jpg

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Guys I think we should go ask D1, Sky Williams, all geno supporters to help us spread the word for geno because on all these newsites they are having these top five character polls and geno is barely in any of them. I know geno is asked for more than some of the characters in the poll like shovel knight because geno has japan to back him up , but I'm scared that he is not getting the publicity he needs.View attachment 46670
I propose we make a big to-do list with all of the suggestions everyone's made over the past few days, and that people volunteer for certain tasks to be done within a week of them signing up.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Guys I think we should go ask D1, Sky Williams, all geno supporters to help us spread the word for geno because on all these newsites they are having these top five character polls and geno is barely in any of them. I know geno is asked for more than some of the characters in the poll like shovel knight because geno has japan to back him up , but I'm scared that he is not getting the publicity he needs.View attachment 46670
I think it's worth a shot. The supporters for K. Rool are always out and about asking big YouTubers like JonTron for a little more help, even if they're unsure if they're interested. Just be nice about it, a friendly request on their Twitter or FB pages :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
How goes it, everyone? Just came by to say that, although King K. Rool has been my personal priority vote since Melee, basically, I am (still) a supporter of Geno. . . I love Super Mario RPG way too much to not be. Ha ha. Geno's support back in the pre-Brawl era was (or at least seemed) significantly larger, or at least much more vocal, but it is still pleasant to see the current support nonetheless. An accumulation of votes per character, what they could bring to the table individually, and their relevance to Nintendo are likely the ultimate standards Sakurai and whomever are going to review upon the ballot's close-date; What I'm trying to say is that getting more vocal / actual voting support is great (and necessary, too), but don't feel discouraged if Geno can't ever hit something like, say, K. Rool's numbers, if that makes sense? Anyways, hoping for the best, but whatever happens, I am pleased to see people continuing their support for a great character of the past. In whatever capacity (whether it be SSB, a new Mario game, etc.), I'd love to see Geno have a relevant position in a Nintendo game again sometime in the future, just as I would with K. Rool. Here's to us ~

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
:link:
How goes it, everyone? Just came by to say that, although King K. Rool has been my personal priority vote since Melee, basically, I am (still) a supporter of Geno. . . I love Super Mario RPG way too much to not be. Ha ha. Geno's support back in the pre-Brawl era was (or at least seemed) significantly larger, or at least much more vocal, but it is still pleasant to see the current support nonetheless. An accumulation of votes per character, what they could bring to the table individually, and their relevance to Nintendo are likely the ultimate standards Sakurai and whomever are going to review upon the ballot's close-date; What I'm trying to say is that getting more vocal / actual voting support is great (and necessary, too), but don't feel discouraged if Geno can't ever hit something like, say, K. Rool's numbers, if that makes sense? Anyways, hoping for the best, but whatever happens, I am pleased to see people continuing their support for a great character of the past. In whatever capacity (whether it be SSB, a new Mario game, etc.), I'd love to see Geno have a relevant position in a Nintendo game again sometime in the future, just as I would with K. Rool. Here's to us ~
Shovel knight has most votes

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Hey terminal montage is cool if I can upload your geno super smash ballot video on nico nico video. Also I have a special video for geno I'm gonna work on so stay tune guys

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Hey terminal montage is cool if I can upload your geno super smash ballot video on nico nico video. Also I have a special video for geno I'm gonna work on so stay tune guys
Yeah that's fine, although a japanese person already asked me, it may very well already be up there!

... according to the sample :D.

Remember, a lot of people voting don't use/care for Reddit or their polls.
I don't think the reddit polls are super very accurate, I frequently visit reddit and I somehow missed that poll, more people are voting in Smash's ballot than go to reddit's gaming or smash subs. Although, I do have a feeling Shovel Knight is high up.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
I propose we make a big to-do list with all of the suggestions everyone's made over the past few days, and that people volunteer for certain tasks to be done within a week of them signing up.
Okay so the suggestions that we have made so far (that I could find) are as followed:

1) Re-share videos like Rawest Forrest, Smash Kingdom, Nin10Doh!, etc. to re-spark Geno's presence in the Nintendo community

2) A live stream to raise money for a good cause like breast cancer and spread awareness of Geno

3) Contact Game Grumps and request that they play Super Mario RPG on their show

4) Contact Kirbopher and ask him to comment on the big support for Geno as DLC or make a Kirblog about the Fighter Ballot

5) Continue Twitter spamming and Facebook Spamming both Nintendo and Square Enix to confirm once and for all WHO owns the rights to Geno and conduct a strategy of how to bring him back based on this newly confirmed information

6) Creating either a fan-made trailer or an informative video explaining maturely and in great detail both WHO Geno is and all of the reasons WHY it would be a good idea to include him as DLC in Smash Bros.

7) Start a Let's Play video ourselves of Super Mario RPG to bring more love and awareness to Geno

8) Schedule a Skype Group Call where we Mass Vote for Geno for 4 straight hours

9) Keep reminding Nintendo about Geno by frequently putting up posts and pictures promoting Geno in Super Mario RPG on Miiverse

Did I miss any?

Sinn

Smash Lord
2) A live stream to raise money for a good cause like breast cancer and spread awareness of Geno

6) Creating either a fan-made trailer or an informative video explaining maturely and in great detail both WHO Geno is and all of the reasons WHY it would be a good idea to include him as DLC in Smash Bros.
I'm interested in helping out with both of these if possible, though 2 I would probably need a lot of help and direction on since I literally know nothing in the way of how it would work, and 6 I would need time and a plan to get it created, so suggestions there would be useful. Granted, I'm not a master video editor, but I'm getting better as I go along.

7) Start a Let's Play video ourselves of Super Mario RPG to bring more love and awareness to Geno
Already got plans to do this one :)

8) Schedule a Skype Group Call where we Mass Vote for Geno for 4 straight hours
This one I'm still not so sure about. I still think mass voting by individuals isn't the way to go. Even if other fandoms are doing it for their characters, I don't know for sure if it's helping them out in the long run either.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Also, if we end up doing the charity stream, what does everyone think about the Make-a-Wish Foundation? I think it would be in line with the whole Geno/Star Road motif, but I'm not as familiar with the charity and like...if it's a super good one in terms of how much money would actually GO to charity.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Also, if we end up doing the charity stream, what does everyone think about the Make-a-Wish Foundation? I think it would be in line with the whole Geno/Star Road motif, but I'm not as familiar with the charity and like...if it's a super good one in terms of how much money would actually GO to charity.
what are we playing ^^

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
During my time in college, the anime club I was on the executive board had frequent Smash Bros. tournaments. We would always donate all of the proceeds to a charity called Child's Play, an organization that used playing video games as a way to raise money to improve the living conditions of children who were in hospitals and in domestic violence shelters. I think it is appropriate, considering how we are considering raising money through video games anyway, plus I always did have a soft spot for children in bad situations.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
what are we playing ^^
So sorry to double post! If you want my opinion, considering how we are doing this to both help people AND spread awareness of the character Geno, that leaves us with two options of the most appropriate games to play. Either we play the current Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, or we play Super Mario RPG. Now, I know nothing about how to host live streams, but I do know some people who are experienced getting in touch with charities. We don't have to do Child's Play as the charity though. This should be a group decision.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
So sorry to double post! If you want my opinion, considering how we are doing this to both help people AND spread awareness of the character Geno, that leaves us with two options of the most appropriate games to play. Either we play the current Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, or we play Super Mario RPG. Now, I know nothing about how to host live streams, but I do know some people who are experienced getting in touch with charities. We don't have to do Child's Play as the charity though. This should be a group decision.
I think that child charity program is a great idea thats the next generation and we need them to know who geno is

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Do you think that Angry Joe-YouTuber can play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars to stream on Twitch.com and on YouTube or something like that?!

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
dam T^T this sounds fun I wanna join plus I have a twitch.... not sure how to stream

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Do you think that Angry Joe-YouTuber can play Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars to stream on Twitch.com and on YouTube or something like that?!
Sorry, but I don't think that is possible. Angry Joe VERY recently went on record to say that he was never going to review another Nintendo product ever again due to the company screwing him over during his review of Mario Party 10. Its a shame. But maybe we can find another popular Let's Player to play Super Mario RPG. Maybe we can request James Rolfe ( the AVGN) to play SMRPG with his friend Mike on their weekly show James & Mike Mondays.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Sorry, but I don't think that is possible. Angry Joe VERY recently went on record to say that he was never going to review another Nintendo product ever again due to the company screwing him over during his review of Mario Party 10. Its a shame. But maybe we can find another popular Let's Player to play Super Mario RPG. Maybe we can request James Rolfe ( the AVGN) to play SMRPG with his friend Mike on their weekly show James & Mike Mondays.
how about chuggaconroy. he played through super mario rpg. or kirbopher

Geno Boost

Smash Master
5) Continue Twitter spamming and Facebook Spamming both Nintendo and Square Enix to confirm once and for all WHO owns the rights to Geno and conduct a strategy of how to bring him back based on this newly confirmed information
This is the only thing that I need to know Maybe I will try to ask them

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I like the Make-A-Wish foundation myself honestly. And we don't have to just play those games; someone can play M&L:SS because of the Geno cameo in Little Fungitown.

Ok, I'm gonna come out and say this... Geno's rights are owned by Square. This is something we've known for years. It's stated in the credits for M&L:SS and just because Alphadream managed to get permission to use him in a cameo, and just because Alphadream is staffed with Square migrants, does not change the fact that the rights to him are owned by Square. Asking who owns the rights at this point is a waste of time -- we should be spamming them to demand that Square let Nintendo put him in Smash.

I apologize if I sound harsh; I don't mean to come off that way. It's late and I'm tired.

I tried talking to both........................ sooo yea
Can someone make a list of all the people we've contacted so far? I sent an email to Jose Otero from IGN a few days ago IIRC.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
We've talked to Jose Otero and both Square and Nintendo's customer service. That's what I remember. I can try with Markiplier or Game Grumps later today.
As for Kirbopher, I saw that he would post a video today on whom he finally decided on who to vote for the ballot.
And for the charity stream, if we do it. I can work on a poster to promote it along with the one I am working on. I could include Mallow in the picture with Geno. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was able to get 14 flowers in the mini game where you chase Booster

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
We've talked to Jose Otero and both Square and Nintendo's customer service. That's what I remember. I can try with Markiplier or Game Grumps later today.
As for Kirbopher, I saw that he would post a video today on whom he finally decided on who to vote for the ballot.
And for the charity stream, if we do it. I can work on a poster to promote it along with the one I am working on. I could include Mallow in the picture with Geno. :)
Thank you

Solmatter

Smash Cadet

Geno alts that I did. If I had it my way, Geno would reppin' all kinds of Nintendo RPG goodness in his appearance.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
is it sad that i really love this idea all the alts look amazing
It's good that you like it! We as Geno supporters should be trying to sell him as the Nintendo RPG genre rep. The only better contender would probably be Paper Mario himself, and our counter argument has to be that we don't want just another Mario and that he would fail to rep the Mario and Luigi series.

Top Bottom