• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah ! Like maybe instead of doing a fan-made trailer for Geno, maybe do a video to introduce him and show them WHY we want him in SSB4 ?
A lot of videos were made back in the Brawl days like this so it's been done before. I think my favorite Geno/SMRPG tribute video is "the Majesty of Super Mario RPG" by Rageholic but it's definitely NSFW because he gives a very crass (but hilarious) explanation to why he loves the game so much.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm curious

I've never seen a let's play of Mario RPG before

I'll watch it from the beggining and see if it's any good
I'm thinking of starting an LP of Mario RPG pretty soon (just finished one of Secret of Mana) SPECIFICALLY to help bring the love of Geno to people before the ballot is over in October (always planned on playing it at some point, but now seems like a perfect opportunity...if only I had a larger following lol). Also, definitely going to talk about Geno a lot when we record the Smash episode for the Mewtwo DLC.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
A lot of videos were made back in the Brawl days like this so it's been done before. I think my favorite Geno/SMRPG tribute video is "the Majesty of Super Mario RPG" by Rageholic but it's definitely NSFW because he gives a very crass (but hilarious) explanation to why he loves the game so much.
Haha I will definitely take a look when I can. XD But well, any video could work. Fan-trailer or explanation one. As long we help Geno to get in the game ! So he doesn't blow up Japan again xD

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Haha I will definitely take a look when I can. XD But well, any video could work. Fan-trailer or explanation one. As long we help Geno to get in the game ! So he doesn't blow up Japan again xD
On that thought, I wonder if the Smash Kingdom guy is still animating? Might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't Mallow's Thunderbolt deal more damage if you hit the button at the correct time?

Those guys aren't doing it

Sinn

Smash Lord
Doesn't Mallow's Thunderbolt deal more damage if you hit the button at the correct time?

Yeah, it does. So does his bigger one, I think. Basically all of the moves have timing benefits of some kind.

Ah, memories of using that move to one-shot entire parties of those dagger shyguys~

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Ah, it's good to be back in the arms of the Geno thread. All problems with certain individuals' grammar aside, it's great to see the community here turn back into more of a community and less of a cult. In times like this and early speculation where popularity means all, it's great to see Geno still has it going for him.

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
So there are these four crazy dudes I watch on YouTube... Two of them finished a SMRPG run back in February, and it was the first time they played it. The only two things they knew were "Smithy is last boss" and "Geno is awesome". Their reactions are so genuine, it was magical watching/hearing them experience the game for the first time. They're competitive fighting-game tournament hype kinda guys, so it's pretty hilarious.

This one is probably my favorite bit... jump to around 29:29 (note, some language):
Is anyone here familiar with a series on YouTube called Game Grumps? They are a lets play channel with over 2 Billion subscribers. They are really funny, and they have played tons of Mario games and SNES games in the past (heck, they are currently in the middle of a Super Mario 64 lets play). We should all go onto YouTube and request the Game Grumps to play Super Mario RPG. A lot of people would watch that play through, and a ton of people would be given steady exposure of the game each day. Which would eventually mean a daily dose of seeing Geno and Mallow for a lot of people. The exposure would be pretty good for our cause. What do you guys think?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is anyone here familiar with a series on YouTube called Game Grumps? They are a lets play channel with over 2 Billion subscribers. They are really funny, and they have played tons of Mario games and SNES games in the past (heck, they are currently in the middle of a Super Mario 64 lets play). We should all go onto YouTube and request the Game Grumps to play Super Mario RPG. A lot of people would watch that play through, and a ton of people would be given steady exposure of the game each day. Which would eventually mean a daily dose of seeing Geno and Mallow for a lot of people. The exposure would be pretty good for our cause. What do you guys think?
2 Billion seems a little high considering there are only 7 Billion people

I suspect some of those are duplicate accounts

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I just checked their channel and you're right, they never played Super Mario RPG before. That is odd, and it probably would be a good idea to try to campaign them to play the game. Didn't they already endorse another character for Smash DLC though?

And yeah, they have two million subscribers, not billion.

Last edited:

Sinn

Smash Lord
I just checked their channel and you're right, they never played Super Mario RPG before. That is odd, and it probably would be a good idea to try to campaign them to play the game. Didn't they already endorse another character for Smash DLC though?
Someone mentioned they were rooting for Shovel Knight, though I haven't seen or heard the comment myself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is anyone here familiar with a series on YouTube called Game Grumps?

Sorry, I couldn't resist given this is a video game forum, they have over 2,000 videos, 2 million subscribers, and they've already played a good number of Nintendo's most noteworthy games, not to mention three of the four Smash games. In short, they're insanely popular. Anyways, it's a thought. I know the game gets requested a ton but I really don't know how any of them feel about it. It would be kind of cool if everyone who works on Game Grumps shared who they'd want the most.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
I'm a storyboard artist by trade, so maybe I'll rough out some new fighter storyboards for geno when I have a moment of free time. On another note, I know that Jontron and Egoraptor feel pretty strongly about SMRPG as a whole, so it's a safe bet they'd be hyped for Geno. If he wasn't their number one pick, he'd certainly be up there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Sorry, I couldn't resist given this is a video game forum, they have over 2,000 videos, 2 million subscribers, and they've already played a good number of Nintendo's most noteworthy games, not to mention three of the four Smash games. In short, they're insanely popular. Anyways, it's a thought. I know the game gets requested a ton but I really don't know how any of them feel about it. It would be kind of cool if everyone who works on Game Grumps shared who they'd want the most.
I was going to do the same thing...

Steelia

Smash Champion

Just a few of them, though
:awesome:

(They don't even know how to run in the early game! But they learn the correct button timings, like Geno Boost, in due time. Their revelation on how to run is another highlight. Them going in blind is why I enjoyed their playthrough so much.)

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Well, I wouldn't have had to resort to extreme measure if people kept ignoring the words RPG and Spinoff in my posts and just focused on one-shot.
+points for using The Big Lebowski. I lol'd.

To be fair, judging Geno's worthiness to be in smash because his game was a "spinoff" is really an opinion as well. They said any character is eligible and will be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
And yeah, they have two million subscribers, not billion.
Yeah, my bad! Don't you just hate typos? :p

In all seriousness, even if the Game Grumps support Shovel Knight for DLC, that does not mean that we can not request them to play Super Mario RPG. It would be cool if they officially backed Geno for DLC, but honestly just having the game get exposure on a major Lets Play channel would be great. An average episode gets views in the 100,000s and Nintendo games (especially Mario games) always rake in the highest views. Honestly, I really think that getting a bunch of us to request them to play the game would be a really good idea.

I also know that they are pretty tight with other internet names like Kirbopher, who we ALL know is a gigantic SMRPG fan. We could also try to reach out to him and have him talk about his thought on Geno being DLC. Heck, we could request him to talk about the Smash Bros. Ballot as one of his weekly Kirblog videos.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I just realized that one of the biggest contributors to the "Brawl Taunts" and "Nin10doh" videos and the creator of "Rawest Forest" and "Waltz of the Forest" is a huge Geno fan:

Might be worth shooting him up too.

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
So, I just realized that one of the biggest contributors to the "Brawl Taunts" and "Nin10doh" videos and the creator of "Rawest Forest" and "Waltz of the Forest" is a huge Geno fan:

Oh, totally forgot that no one contacted Kirbopher (I think he goes by Christopher Niosi on Youtube). Who here knows how to do it in a way that isn't obnoxious? I think he's still active.

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Oh, totally forgot that no one contacted Kirbopher (I think he goes by Christopher Niosi on Youtube). Who here knows how to do it in a way that isn't obnoxious? I think he's still active.
As I said before, Kirbopher is still very active. He has been busy with his current series TOME (which is amazing) but he still posts content on YouTube and his own website at least once a week. When he isn't animating, he posts his weekly Kirblogs. Here is one where he talks about his entire experience with Super Mario RPG (which he states in the video is his favorite video game of all time).

h t t p s ://www. youtube. com/watch?v=Yn0C5C6MMos

Kirbopher takes requests for Kirblogs all the time from people who write in the comments of his videos or send him a message on YouTube, but a much more direct way to get into contact with him is to go to his own website. Here is a link to the contact portion of his website. The message you send goes straight to his gmail address. Kirbopher also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account.

h t t p://chrisniosi. com/contact/

If I were to contact him about this subject in a way that does not seem obnoxious, I would say be polite and rational in the message. Remember that Geno is his FAVORITE video game character (there are pictures of him cosplaying as him online). Mention how there is a number of people who want Geno in the new Smash Bros. so much that there is a physical percentage, and ask if he could comment on what his personal thoughts on this subject is. If possible, could he even do a Kirblog about his thoughts on the Smash Ballot and the possibility of requesting Geno, since he does take requests on Kirblogs.

Note: since I am still new to the forum, it won't allow me to post links, so I had to put spaces in the urls. If you copy and paste but take the spaces out, it should all be good.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We should schedule a Skype Group Call where we just Mass Vote for 4 straight hours. We need to really put out nose to grind stone and really make a move.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious

I've never seen a let's play of Mario RPG before

I'll watch it from the beggining and see if it's any good
Chuggaaconroy also did a lets play

Haha Smash Kingdom is awesome. And yes, let him do the job for us. Just worship him and he'll be happy.
The only thing to do is to get popcorn and some snugglies.

Now that I think about it....Lucas came back. Welp, Geno won't be happy xD
Smash Kingdom XD I love that ... im going to watch it again lol

Ah, it's good to be back in the arms of the Geno thread. All problems with certain individuals' grammar aside, it's great to see the community here turn back into more of a community and less of a cult. In times like this and early speculation where popularity means all, it's great to see Geno still has it going for him.
Nylocke Dragon of the cold steel...... sorry big fan of tome and the creator also likes Geno lol XD

Yes I asked but he is away at a Con.... you can also ask him XD

yea he writes Tome its his new show

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We have supporters in Japan who want Geno.

This website tells you how Japanese Voters worded their Ballot Votes.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/smash-dlc-japanese-ballot-translations/

Name: Maimai

Character: Geno

Game: Super Mario RPG

Reason: I genuinely just want to see Geno come to life in beautiful HD. He also has a wide variety of moves, so I think he would be a really fun character to use.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
+Christopher Niosi Just wanted to say Thank you Kirbopher your awesome... could you talk about the Smash Bros. Ballot as one of your weekly Kirblog video plz I really want to know your opinion of new characters and a maybe Geno votes lol
I hope I didn't mess up T^T

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say Thank you Kirbopher your awesome... could you talk about the Smash Bros. Ballot as one of your weekly Kirblog video plz I really want to know your opinion of new characters and a maybe Geno votes lol
I hope I didn't mess up T^T
I don't think you messed it up at all. It was short, sweet, and to the point. The more people who send him messages like this, the better! I went straight for the throat and just contacted Kirbopher through his email on his website. The email went a little bit something like this. Let me know if it comes off as obnoxious.

Hello Mr. Niosi

My name is [name censored]. I have been a fan of your animations and your voice work for many years. I am contacting you today because I have a question that I would like to ask in relation to the Super Smash Bros. series. Between your contributions to Brawl Taunts and Nin10Doh, it is clear that this is a game that you care about very much. You may be aware of this already, but Nintendo has launched a Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot online, which allows us fans to vote for any video game character for consideration as a playable fighter in the current Smash Bros. game as DLC. Currently, I have noticed that one of the more popular character requests by fans just so happens to be one of your favorite video game characters of all time: Geno. In almost all fan polls, Geno\'s name frequently pops up alongside characters like King K. Rool, Shovel Knight, and even Banjo-Kazooie. From your Super Mario RPG animations to your Kirblog videos, you have made it very clear that this is a character that you care about very dearly. As such, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Smash Bros. Ballot and Geno being such a popular request for the series. Have you cast a vote in the ballot, and if so, did you vote for Geno as well? Overall, what are your thoughts on the possibility of Geno returning to the world of video games as DLC in Super Smash Bros.? I was wondering if it were at all possible for you to base a future Kirblog video on your thoughts about the current Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, as well as your thoughts on the fans\' dedication to certain characters appearing in the game, even if those character have not been around for several years. I deeply thank you for taking time to read my message, and I hope that you take my Kirblog suggestion into consideration. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
[name censored]

I suggest that everyone here sends a message like this to Kirbopher. Perhaps if he sees more messages like these, he will feel more inclined to discuss his two cents on the subject.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you messed it up at all. It was short, sweet, and to the point. The more people who send him messages like this, the better! I went straight for the throat and just contacted Kirbopher through his email on his website. The email went a little bit something like this. Let me know if it comes off as obnoxious.

Hello Mr. Niosi

My name is [name censored]. I have been a fan of your animations and your voice work for many years. I am contacting you today because I have a question that I would like to ask in relation to the Super Smash Bros. series. Between your contributions to Brawl Taunts and Nin10Doh, it is clear that this is a game that you care about very much. You may be aware of this already, but Nintendo has launched a Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot online, which allows us fans to vote for any video game character for consideration as a playable fighter in the current Smash Bros. game as DLC. Currently, I have noticed that one of the more popular character requests by fans just so happens to be one of your favorite video game characters of all time: Geno. In almost all fan polls, Geno\'s name frequently pops up alongside characters like King K. Rool, Shovel Knight, and even Banjo-Kazooie. From your Super Mario RPG animations to your Kirblog videos, you have made it very clear that this is a character that you care about very dearly. As such, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Smash Bros. Ballot and Geno being such a popular request for the series. Have you cast a vote in the ballot, and if so, did you vote for Geno as well? Overall, what are your thoughts on the possibility of Geno returning to the world of video games as DLC in Super Smash Bros.? I was wondering if it were at all possible for you to base a future Kirblog video on your thoughts about the current Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, as well as your thoughts on the fans\' dedication to certain characters appearing in the game, even if those character have not been around for several years. I deeply thank you for taking time to read my message, and I hope that you take my Kirblog suggestion into consideration. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
[name censored]

I suggest that everyone here sends a message like this to Kirbopher. Perhaps if he sees more messages like these, he will feel more inclined to discuss his two cents on the subject.
I really like your message :D

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
He tweeted that he made his choice on who he's gonna vote for and might post a video about it on Friday a few hours ago.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
OMG i finally found this!!! i was searching for this since 2014

this is should Geno alt custom if he is going to be in SSB also another alt custom without Geno hat
also i found another interesting things from SMRPG that has never be seen in the actual game (you can just see the text in the game but you cant see what you actualy have). click at the spoiler to see it
[spoiler/]
BEAUTIFUL FIND! BEAUTIFUL!!! Those costumes are really clever and I meant to reply to this sooner! Haha lightning for mario and mallow.-/Neat!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are those guys missing Geno's timed hit or something?

I think he should be dealing more damage

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's cool to see all this activity in the Geno thread recently!
I hope Geno will become a DLC character! None of my favorite characters were added in the roster, not even Karate Joe that was probably the one with most chances, nor classic Ganon.
Of my favorites, Geno is actually the one with the best chances right now, and I'd be very happy if he will make it into the game!

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
]
10944893_856211034427200_7061937706627858882_o.jpeg
Hey I have an idea we should have a smash stream to raise money for breast cancer or something and we can expose geno by telling the viewers why geno means so much to us.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
So~ I attempted to send an email to Nintendo regarding Geno's ownership status under their legal department. I mentioned nothing of Smash; my only intent was to learn something. I didn't quite get what I was looking for, but felt like sharing the reply anyway:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I understand why you'd want to know about Geno, and if I had it I would be pleased to provide that information. However, our focus is on consumer service issues like set-up, troubleshooting, repairs, promotions, and part orders. Because of that, we are not provided with detailed gameplay information about our software.

I know this must be disappointing to learn. Super Mario RPG was a great game, and I think it would be great if we could see him in a Super Smash Bros Game. I would recommend going to our Super Smash Bros site and vote for him in our Fighter Ballot. I will provide a link for you just in case this was why you were curious.

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
- -
Man, I love Nintendo's customer service.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
REMEMBER HE SAYS THANK YOU! ;D
coolcapeguysaysthankyou.png

For Voting for Him Of Coarse!!

Top Bottom