• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
I'm thinking if we are going to see him at all as a playable character, he is going to be one of those characters that goes unannounced until they are found in the game (similar to what I think will happen with Mewtwo).
Didn't Sakurai say all the newcomers would have an intro video on the website though?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Maybe after the game comes out and the characters are found they will get a video?
Wouldn't be as hype.

Also how would you rather find out about a character? Reveal from Nintendo themselves or some leaker online that could photoshop a roster?

I support Geno for Sm5sh since theres a chance now that Sakurai got rid of the next likely Mario rep: Bowser Jr.

Until then, I can't see Geno as more than a Megaman clone with a star theme and he's my top pick for a new-comer.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be as hype.

Also how would you rather find out about a character? Reveal from Nintendo themselves or some leaker online that could photoshop a roster?

I support Geno for Sm5sh since theres a chance now that Sakurai got rid of the next likely Mario rep: Bowser Jr.

Until then, I can't see Geno as more than a Megaman clone with a star theme and he's my top pick for a new-comer.
Eh, I imagine he'd be more like Robin but I understand why you'd think that.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
The time is now my friends, people got the full game early and are streaming it. Soon the full roster will be leaked and all of the game in its full glory will be shown. Its Do or Die right now for Geno and I'm praying with all my heart that he was included in this game somehow, hell even if hes not on the roster I'd be happy to see some inclusion. So I ask of everyone here to pray for the character who needs it the most. I'm sure by tomorrow night, or even by tomorrow morning all the characters will have been obtained by someone. So lets hope, hope that Geno gets some representation.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Well.. see you all in 6-7 years. It was fun. Hopefully, just maybe we could see DLC characters? Seems unlikely but I guess anything could happen.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Yeah, it wasn't likely to begin with.. What with Square owning Geno. I'm 99% convinced they're probably the reason he didn't make it in the past 2 smash games.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know, I'm fairly confident of DLC happening and while it may be wishful thinking on my part, I still could see Geno making it in. I'm on board the DLC train, and if that doesn't work out, I'll keep wishing for Smash 5. Might be a long road ahead of me haha!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I was hoping the Pre-Brawl hype would help. But, alas, another game with Geno potential but no Geno. Well, I'm still excited. The Koopa Kids/lings are something that I actually like, as well as the Duck Hunt Dog. Maybe I'm getting too old to play Nintendo games, since most of the characters I don't even recognize anymore, lol. Or, maybe that just means I need to buy new games instead of the games with old characters. Ah well, either way, Geno will return to the gaming world. He's one day closer to coming back than yesterday, right?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Like I said before, square is inhibiting any recognition of Geno or Mallow. Not Nintendo... We will see in the next few months if anything is set in stone for our little starsent puppet.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I'm 99% convinced they're probably the reason he didn't make it in the past 2 smash games.
That and Sakurai doesn't pay that much attention to online forum popularity.

I don't think Geno will ever become playable unless he plays an important role in a new popular game.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of downloading the cool rom hacks and replaying through Super Mario RPG with a challenge this time around... What with my bud and I having started up my youtube channel. Maybe it'll help ease the pain knowing that Geno will probably never see the light of day again :(

Would anyone check it out if I decided to stream it? (I think it's called Super Mario RPG: Revolution)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So if roster choices are based on Japanese polls with the exception of Lil Mac, I think we should just send a petition to get Geno included.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Wouldn't be as hype.

bowser jr. doesnt effect geno chances because geno doesnt count as a mario rep he does count as a 3rd party
geno cant be a clone of megaman just play SSB crusade then you will know thats he is very different

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno CAN shoot things out of arm, has a cannon, can throw projectiles (Geno Whirl and Metal Man's Blade could be similar.)

I am AWARE there are differences like he can buff himself with what your user name is, and can summon beams from the ground.

I'm just saying from that the similarities are there. As for your first point, I count him as third party Mario. Still a Mario character from a MARIO GAME.

Edit: Also does my signature not show up? Cause if it did, you'd know I'm a Geno Supporter.

Last edited:

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Geno CAN shoot things out of arm, has a cannon, can throw projectiles (Geno Whirl and Metal Man's Blade could be similar.)

I am AWARE there are differences like he can buff himself with what your user name is, and can summon beams from the ground.

I'm just saying from that the similarities are there. As for your first point, I count him as third party Mario. Still a Mario character from a MARIO GAME.

Edit: Also does my signature not show up? Cause if it did, you'd know I'm a Geno Supporter.
I'm not seeing any signatures.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Anyways guys, I know I was late to the party. But I sincerely enjoyed all of your company.

May Geno be with you :)

Perhaps we will see him someday in the future <3

Linkx20

Smash Rookie
Team, we need to settle down and realize that we have been put in a very fortunate situation. Instead of sulking about Geno not being included, we need to come up with the best move set for a Mii Gunner that would fit his style. Our character not only easily translates into Mii form, but also uses arm cannons as weapons, only characters like Takamaru are even close to our situation. So lets get to it

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Team, we need to settle down and realize that we have been put in a very fortunate situation. Instead of sulking about Geno not being included, we need to come up with the best move set for a Mii Gunner that would fit his style. Our character not only easily translates into Mii form, but also uses arm cannons as weapons, only characters like Takamaru are even close to our situation. So lets get to it

Dude, I've seen the Geno Miis people have posted in the Smash Bros. subreddit. They're scary as hell. D:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Got a link to them?
Hooooooold on. Here we go.

The Geno one looks really off, like a chubby kid. It really really doesn't look right but that's just because of the nature of Miis I suppose. It creeps me out. But the Ice Climbers one especially... And Mewtwo? *shudder*

Geno's the kind of character that if not drawn exactly right looks creepy as hell. That's how his Mii and the others there look to me.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The Geno one is ok. If the eyes were half open it wouldn't be AS creepy. The creepiest ones are the last (who is that?) and the Mewtwo one.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
The Geno one is ok. If the eyes were half open it wouldn't be AS creepy. The creepiest ones are the last (who is that?) and the Mewtwo one.

Thanks for sharing. :)
I think that last one is supposed to be Ridley.

If I see people using those Miis online I'll just run from my TV screen and go hide.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, LOL, no Geno trophy was found like other wanted characters

Enigma14

Smash Champion
We discussed this from the old days Psycho (Surprised you're still around) but a Geno trophy would be a waste. Why get the rights just to feature him as a trophy?

...Actually at least it shows that its possible to get him. Hmm...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We discussed this from the old days Psycho (Surprised you're still around) but a Geno trophy would be a waste. Why get the rights just to feature him as a trophy?

...Actually at least it shows that its possible to get him. Hmm...
Well, this IS my thread

I might as well stay around with it till the end

I want it to be on the first page when they shut this section down

Top Bottom