• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Goodness, I really dislike VGBC and whoever is controlling the streams... this is outrage.

From what I've gathered from talking with Boback the progression went something like this.

At first they told us there would be absolutely no internet access.
Boback found out that there was in fact some sort of "high speed" service at the fairgrounds, but wasn't accessible.
After a lot of negotiating, Boback got venue management to agree to let us use it. (Insert Hype)
A while later he managed to test it (not at the venue, but at the fairgrounds I believe)
Here's that speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/1335783652.png
I think around this point DBR went to complain to management about the speeds and they said they'd fix it. They didn't.
Then it turned out that internet wasn't even accessible from the venue.

I don't know all the details, but from it sounds like DBR really tried everything in their power to get internet access up and running. Sh*t just hit the fan, and instead of killing all the hype and ditching the stream, I think they thought it'd be better if they could just try to deliver to the best of their ability.
I think this is what basically happened. We(VGBC) were told there was internet at the venue. We agreed to do the stream(for Brawl, they didn't want us doing Melee) for free since we planned on attending the event anyways to enter. A week before the tournament Sidefx told me the internet was not working and that the venue wasn't really helping in getting it back up despite SideFX constantly calling them, etc. Bionic from VGBC even created the stream page for DBR's site(http://www.genesisdbr.com/stream)
"Strong Bad" and I think "AzN_Lep" provided phones with 4G service so we could stream. If it wasn't for them it wouldn't of happened. We (VGBC) did the best we could with what was provided to us.
I think that from now on we aren't streaming a tournament no matter how big, unless they provide us with good internet. It doesn't matter how much we do for the community especially when most of it is for free, people still blame us for things that aren't our fault.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
ANYBODY got the doubles results?
1st Mango/Lucky, 2nd PP2K, 3rd Haxbox, 4th Team UGS, 5th Team Revolution(lovage/SW), 5th team AZ, 7th macD/g$

other 7th placer i dont remember but i know tope/cyrain also got 9th.

also sinji I see that you like Super Yun Fighter 4 arcade edition. I do too =). LOL

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Mango needs to prove he can get past Taj again is the real thing guys.

Just as much as he's 1-1 vs Armada, he's also 1-1 vs Taj. And I know Taj can do it again.
in my opinion... mango wasn't trying in WSF.
Just Look how he get angry in LF and **** soo hard Taj.

I think he REALLY wanted beat Armada 2 times in GF. Something that he do in G1.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
As far as doubles go, I think this was the top 7 or so

1. Mango/Lucky
2. M2K/PP
3. HBox/Hax
4. Armada/Aniolas
5. Lovage/Silent Wolf
5. Taj/Axe
7. Baka4Moe/Westballz
7. MacD/G$
Here's what pat had for doubles on the g2 thread. Also thanks ruby!

Samochan

Smash Master
Now that we are talking about teams...

Imo, very good performance from Team UGS again.

It is a shame that many other people don't see it that way apparently and even told on the stream chat that Aniolas is holding Armada down and that he should go team with M2K. >_> This is load of bull**** right there.

So this is towards you guys on melee stream chat who put down Aniolas.

That is mad disrespect for Aniolas and also mad disrespect for Armada for his team partner choice. That's also Armada's brother you're talking about, meaning he's family member that you are dissing. And if it weren't for Aniolas, I really doubt Armada would invest in doubles AT ALL. And if it weren't for him playing the big bro part, Armada couldn't have even traveled around when he was younger. Christ, he was 14-years old when he made his big entrance on EU at RoS4. You really think his parent would have let him travel around without supervison at that age? I think not.

Who cares if Aniolas isn't quite on par with his brother's singles performance? One should only care about team dynamics, it's doubles for crying out loud, not singles+singles. And there is no doubt this duo has impeccable teamplay, which is all due to consistent teaming up (and perhaps some brotherly syenergy, it certainly seems that way lol with the almost telegraphed movements and combos).

Personally, I'd rather team with a family member or a close friend of mine and had fun doing so than a pro whom I basically knew nothing about, just to maximise winning chances for moneyz. I believe Armada feels the same way.

Even if I haven't currently seen anyone here on smashboards put down Aniolas, I felt this issue had to be adressed. Armada can team with whomever he wants and you should respect that choice. Their teams performance speaks for themselves.

/Rant out.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I think that from now on we aren't streaming a tournament no matter how big, unless they provide us with good internet. It doesn't matter how much we do for the community especially when most of it is for free, people still blame us for things that aren't our fault.
This is more in response to your explanation, rather than your suggestion that you will not stream again.

I had only a limited understanding of what the situation was. My sincere apologies to VGBC, who was not involved with the melee stream in the first place. I was upset at having been told there would be a stream and having been kept in expectance for it (I was not made aware that there would be none, and in fact there was the suggestion that in just a little bit it would be functional).

Please accept my apologies.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
I mean, I feel silly even responding to this, but you do know all states aren't the same size right? You're basically equating Cali and Delaware lol.
the fact that the tournament itself was in cali already means that it's easier for WC to show up to the tournament.. its quite a big commitment for EC to come here. so it shouldnt matter about state size, population, or state numbers for WC or EC

Mango needs to prove he can get past Taj again is the real thing guys.

Just as much as he's 1-1 vs Armada, he's also 1-1 vs Taj. And I know Taj can do it again.
taj got 4 stocked in their second set lol.

1. Mango/Lucky
2. M2K/PP
3. HBox/Hax
4. Armada/Aniolas
5. Lovage/Silent Wolf
5. Taj/Axe
7. Baka4Moe/Westballz
7. MacD/G$
revolution *****

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
i wish that was my pool, and come to think about it i never played nizro, i HOPE thats not why i didn't make it out of pools!

F**K!

Hax

Smash Champion
me + juan and m2k + pp split for 2nd/3rd; it wasnt played out >=(

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
thanks guys. one of the major reasons why i made it to bracket is because of all of your support and expectations!!!

i'll be sure to do the same for you guys.

btw, darkatma's sheik is too good (i know you're reading this)

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I was really rooting for the lovage + silent wolf team! I saw a few of their matches and I knew they were going to place well.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Now that we are talking about teams...

Imo, very good performance from Team UGS again.

It is a shame that many other people don't see it that way apparently and even told on the stream chat that Aniolas is holding Armada down and that he should go team with M2K. >_> This is load of bull**** right there.

So this is towards you guys on melee stream chat who put down Aniolas.

That is mad disrespect for Aniolas and also mad disrespect for Armada for his team partner choice. That's also Armada's brother you're talking about, meaning he's family member that you are dissing. And if it weren't for Aniolas, I really doubt Armada would invest in doubles AT ALL. And if it weren't for him playing the big bro part, Armada couldn't have even traveled around when he was younger. Christ, he was 14-years old when he made his big entrance on EU at RoS4. You really think his parent would have let him travel around without supervison at that age? I think not.

Who cares if Aniolas isn't quite on par with his brother's singles performance? One should only care about team dynamics, it's doubles for crying out loud, not singles+singles. And there is no doubt this duo has impeccable teamplay, which is all due to consistent teaming up (and perhaps some brotherly syenergy, it certainly seems that way lol with the almost telegraphed movements and combos).

Personally, I'd rather team with a family member or a close friend of mine and had fun doing so than a pro whom I basically knew nothing about, just to maximise winning chances for moneyz. I believe Armada feels the same way.

Even if I haven't currently seen anyone here on smashboards put down Aniolas, I felt this issue had to be adressed. Armada can team with whomever he wants and you should respect that choice. Their teams performance speaks for themselves.

/Rant out.
jeezes samo why do you even let that stuff provoke you who cares.

Samochan

Smash Master
jeezes samo why do you even let that stuff provoke you who cares.
I'm just suprised how some people have the balls to say things like that and at the same time being quite the dunderheads. And perhaps I felt provoked, as in I reacted to it, however I'm not angry, just disapointed, also implied facepalm and scoffing. I imagine neither Aniolas nor Armada would be happy to hear such disrespect aimed at them during team pools play, but I felt the need to let them know how people speak **** behind their backs (it is about them afterall), alongside adressing the smashboards as a whole for that disrespect they showed. I've had my fair share of talking **** behind my back, but it's much better to know what some people actually think than being oblivious.

Personally, I wouldn't like my doubles partner or myself being called bad and someone who'd need to be carried by the other member of the team and who just holds the other back, instead of obviously contributing to the team as a whole as we can clearly see from all of their team tournament high placement results.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
M2K was **** with Armada, but his team combos with him will never match UGS's. :)

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I really don't understand why people are saying Mango needs to beat Taj again after 4 stocking him in losers and 3-0ing him...

Let it be known that wobbling was legal and no IC player got top 7. I was definitely expecting Fly or Wobbles to be there but this goes to show that wobbling isn't THAT gamebreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom