• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
the only reason im slightly unhappy that Armada won is because i feel like he might not want to travel to the US as much anymore now that he's beaten everyone.
Really? I don't think this is the case at all. Winning one tournament doesn't make you the best.

Even if he is probably the best (2nd/3rd best at worst)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Popping in to remind everyone that in an interview Mango claimed he would let Armada win when they met in grand finals ^_^;;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSZfR6esW8
That is a great backup in case you lose(especially with all those brainwashed followers of his). But anyone with their eyes working could see Mang0 was really trying that set. I just think it's sad that he is that way in interviews. He might be good, but he's not a God, like he believes he is, and now he's beaten.

Really? I don't think this is the case at all. Winning one tournament doesn't make you the best.
It makes you the best until it's proved otherwise. Winning is winning, and by winning you play better than the other player. Simple logic.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
That is a great backup in case you lose(especially with all those brainwashed followers of his). But anyone with their eyes working could see Mang0 was really trying that set. I just think it's sad that he is that way in interviews. He might be good, but he's not a God, like he believes he is, and now he's beaten.

It makes you the best until it's proved otherwise. Winning is winning, and by winning you play better than the other player. Simple logic.
lol. There is nothing sad about mango in interviews he is consistently hilarious...something wrong with the ears of he who say otherwise.

Can you cite an example of Mang0 saying he is a god or he believese he is? I think not....another fallacious argument from one whom has said "Simple logic." ironic no?

I see you as just another one of the many "Dr Pee Pee" haters who put too much stalk in one tournament performance despite the last few months' performances suggesting Strongly Otherwise

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
To be fair, Armada doesn't play like any other peach. I hate watching ALL peach players, except Armada. There are points on the stream where I forget he is playing with peach, and I think he's like a spacie or something. I agree though, lower level peaches don't have my respect at all, but Armada does.
Hmmm, I enjoy watching Connor's Peach more than any other Peach, even if he plays dumb at times, he's the most aggro Peach I've ever seen and it's great when he's successful with it. Have you not seem him ever? Haha.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Can we please stop the argument about who's better? Both of them are absolutely mindblowing players, but Armada took this one. That's what matters for now.

Good **** Armada <3
Good **** Mango, nice to see some serious matches for a change!
Good **** to Taj for being a freaking beast!
Good **** to PP for trying while sick, hope he gives it his all next time!
Good **** to Dr. Midnight for sucking and still getting top 6 at an international! ;)

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Even if he is probably the best (2nd/3rd best at worst)
he might not be the undisputed best, but as of now he's beaten every US top player so it would make sense if he felt like he didnt have to come back

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
lCan you cite an example of Mang0 saying he is a god or he believese he is? I think not....another fallacious argument from one whom has said "Simple logic." ironic no
What an argument. He has never said he believes he is god, directly, but he's saying from time to time that he is unbeatable, or in other words, that no one can beat him at this point(which is proved wrong now). You didn't understand that, because you were to busy protecting Mang0 by pointing out a single word, and not getting the meaning of my sentence =)

Woah...what if shroomed wins an international o_O
He might. He is stepping up.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
he might not be the undisputed best, but as of now he's beaten every US top player so it would make sense if he felt like he didnt have to come back
Unlike what you might think, Armada actually enjoys travelling to play smash. He's not just in it for money and glory.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I really really want Shroomed to win an international.

He actually didn't even play Armada at all so who knows how that'd go. This is not me discrediting Armada by the way. I just mean because Shroomed played fantastically(Look at how hard that Losers Bracket of his was) and he was beating HBox all weekend. I mean how crazy is it to think that a Doc could have possibly gotten 3rd if he didn't have to face Mango in Losers after PP. That just shows how tough of a ****ing bracket the guy really had.

Shroomed 4 soon to be President.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Shroomeds secondaries are literally the best of each character in norcal, respectively.

I'd put shroomed at 50:50 with SFAT in fox dittoes lol

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Shroomeds secondaries are literally the best of each character in norcal, respectively.

I'd put shroomed at 50:50 with SFAT in fox dittoes lol
I think Lucien's Sheik is better and PPU's Marth is proably better. His Sheik is damn good though, no lie.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
You've been the most clever troll out of 3 days, congratulation for that first place.
The only troll I see is you, wasting a post just so you can throw in your 2 cents. The only **** you know about this game is what you read on smashboards in your infinite spare time. And as I recall, you are the one sucking Mango's balls in the first place (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0OueorxgU) so why be an ******* to me about saying Mango is the best melee player? You think one tournament result means anything? Didn't Isai just lose 64? OH ****IN **** HES NOT THE BEST CAUSE HE LOST **** **** ****. Taj is the 3rd best player in the world right? PP is the 7th best?

The gap that separates Mango from everyone else still exists. Perhaps it has gotten smaller over the years but it's still there and I don't see it completely fading anytime soon based on what I saw on the stream last night.

beencake

Smash Apprentice
for all you ******* idiots who are under the delusion that mango is still the best i feel sorry for you, i understand hes brought up to be a living prodigy but he lost straight up to armada let it sink in and deal with it.

john!

Smash Hero
Lol watching mango play it's so obvious he's the best player in the world.

All the speculation in the threads is just funny. It's so different being AT the tourney vs having someone talk about the tourney when they haven't even been to one of this caliber.
thak you, my thoughts exactly. idiots think that saying things like this makes you a mango fanboy. and we are midwestern peach players, lol.

if you think that this one victory puts armada above mango in terms of skill level, then YOU are an armada fanboy. and i would know, because i'm one too.

that being said, armada definitely deserved the win, and now i think he can be considered in the discussion for greatest of all time. :bee:

Composeur

Smash Ace
This. He was playing so agro and aggressive, which can work but not against Armada after he adjusted. Peach has too much priority to just try to get it in every time.

Not trying to john for Mango; Armada played better, but it seemed Mango was intent on trying to "get it in" and it kind of backfired.
What about Pound 5? PP was even more aggressive against AR and it paid off for him then. I don't think we can chalk up AR's victory to mango's aggressive playstyle/hangover/imagined sandbagging. I honestly think AR was just more prepared for the match than mango was, and if mango is the "better" player than AR in some ways, it's not by very much.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
What about Pound 5? PP was even more aggressive against AR and it paid off for him then. I don't think we can chalk up AR's victory to mango's aggressive playstyle/hangover/imagined sandbagging. I honestly think AR was just more prepared for the match than mango was, and if mango is the "better" player than AR in some ways, it's not by very much.
actually, peepee has moments where he retreats and lasers, a lot more than mango

it's kinda ignorant to say that peepee was "even more aggressive against AR"

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Hmmm, I enjoy watching Connor's Peach more than any other Peach, even if he plays dumb at times, he's the most aggro Peach I've ever seen and it's great when he's successful with it. Have you not seem him ever? Haha.
LOL ouch at the dumb part. I agree though, I'm a dumb ***. <3

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
the last thing mango wants right now is ppl johning for him, so cut that bs
he played that tournament like a fkin boss
gave a great show in every match
took the crew battle for the WC like a champ,
armada however, was absolutely amazing at GenII.

armada took it this time, i still think mango is the better player in the world, the guy is insane at melee, makes it look ez to play Hbox with fox. and hes spacing, shield pressure and a lot of aspects of smash seem to be at it finest. he lost tho, it happens, dont take this away from Armada cuz that kid has worked nonstop to achieve what he did at GenII, and he deserved 1st place.

all there is to talk about now, is whats gonna happen next.

ty mango for coming back to show us how good you really are. no johns
gratz armada for winning! amazing job! that peach is outrageous! that shield on mangos firefox, to wavedash OOS fastfalled nair was wayyyy to fast! (talkin about game 5, mango's 3rd stock.. go check it out!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVZeFPBX0k
taj! wow man wow, great fight he put up against everyone! so fierce!
hbox, what can i say,I dont enjoy hes puff that much but he is still still a fkin beast! glad he is still up there as he should be.
m2k was outstanding at GenII also, even tho i dont care about brawl 1st place singles and teams and also 5th singles and 2nd place melee is to good! m2k is a living legend!
peepee will be back thirsty for blood next tourney, you will see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom