• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 2 Info Dump!: Pre-Genesis; players are arriving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Here we go with the Mango johns again.

This community is so ridiculous.

Mango and Armada are both top 2.

They both tried their hardest at G2. Those saying Mango threw the set are dumb. $1500 difference, as well as pride on the line. He DEFINITELY didn't sandbag. I'm sure he was a bit down, but he'll be even more pissed when he sees all these *******s johning and making excuses for him.

Armada won, face it. If Mango thinks he's the best he'll have to prove it by placing first at Apex 2012.

No johns you immature Melee community. It is what it is.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I honestly think AR was just more prepared for the match than mango was, and if mango is the "better" player than AR in some ways, it's not by very much.
Beating someone in Smash does not make you better than them. Beating people they cannot beat does. Seriously, people need to get this through their heads. In competitive gaming, especially in games where a single player isn't dominating another each and every time (as in, let's say, constant 2-stocking), if you're that close when you fight each other, the measure of your skill is not if you beat the other player but whom you can beat that the other player can't or, if both players can beat roughly the same players, by how much more one beats other players when compared to one's opponent.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Beating someone in Smash does not make you better than them. Beating people they cannot beat does. Seriously, people need to get this through their heads. In competitive gaming, especially in games where a single player isn't dominating another each and every time (as in, let's say, constant 2-stocking), if you're that close when you fight each other, the measure of your skill is not if you beat the other player but whom you can beat that the other player can't or, if both players can beat roughly the same players, by how much more one beats other players when compared to one's opponent.
yuna speaks the truf

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
AR is the champ... maybe not the best... but today he is the champ.
Like brawl GFs... everybody think ally is better than m2k but today m2k is the champ.

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
I saw a lot of suspect SD's from Mango in that GF set, almost 1 every game.

Just saying.
That's part of the game. Mango SD'd, he lost. Armada didn't SD, he won.

Things are like that in most American players' mind. Mango wins Vs Armada, he's the best in the world. PP wins Vs Armada, he's better. HBox wins Vs Armada, he's better.
Then,
Armada wins Vs Hbox, it doesn't mean that Armada is better (blabla I would put them on the same level blabla). Armada wins Vs PP, he doesn't mean that Armada is better. Armada wins Vs Mango because Mango used Fox, played aggro too much (how stupid is that ? Armada could've adapted if Mango camped a little bit... who knows what would've happened), SD'd, it means that Mango is still the best in the world.

In Europe, most players considered Mango to be the best after he won Vs Armada, same with HBox (those who didn't were HBox haters), same with PP. Now, Armada doesn't lose to HBox anymore, he "won" to PP (he was sick apparently, even though he told that according to him, it wouldn't have changed anything, but we don't know), and he just won to Mango. Let's just say he's the best until next time.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
In Europe, most players considered Mango to be the best after he won Vs Armada, same with HBox (those who didn't were HBox haters), same with PP. Now, Armada doesn't lose to HBox anymore, he "won" to PP (he was sick apparently, even though he told that according to him, it wouldn't have changed anything, but we don't know), and he just won to Mango. Let's just say he's the best until next time.
Your definition of "best" is flawed. He's the reigning champion. As were HungryBox, DrPeePee and Mango at different times in history. It doesn't mean the crown of "Best player in the world" magically switches whenever someone beats the current champion in a tournament.

If DrPeePee was the best player in the world not that long ago, yet he was beaten by Shroomed at Genesis 2, does that mean Shroomed is now magically better than DrPeePee and in contention for the "Best player in the world" crown?

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
"If DrPeePee was the best player in the world not that long ago, yet he was beaten by Shroomed at Genesis 2, does that mean Shroomed is now magically better than DrPeePee and in contention for the "Best player in the world" crown?"

No. But read all my post about what US players thought. I just criticized the fact that most American players are not credible when it's question of the level between an American and an European player. So let them say Mango is the best.
Also, European players won't change their minds until Armada loses again, so let them say Armada is the best.

I don't think whether Armada or Mango is the best simply because I won't judge it according to 1 set (and because I'm not able, like any other player who wrote something in this thread, to know it). And still, Armada would judge that better than anyone else.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
LOL ouch at the dumb part. I agree though, I'm a dumb ***. <3
You're still the best Peach in my heart <3.

And even though you aren't the best Peach, no doubt you're the most entertaining to watch. I just cringe at some of your rolls is all man =/. I'm as big of an AZ fanboy as they come but watching your set with Tai made me sad =(

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Mango needs to prove he can get past Taj again is the real thing guys.

Just as much as he's 1-1 vs Armada, he's also 1-1 vs Taj. And I know Taj can do it again.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
As someone stated earlier, I too don't know why there is no mention of Dr. PP. This tournament is like his first underperformance ever since he started winning. He will be back, as consistent as he is, I'm sure.

strawhats

Smash Master
Mango needs to prove he can get past Taj again is the real thing guys.

Just as much as he's 1-1 vs Armada, he's also 1-1 vs Taj. And I know Taj can do it again.
mango's falco maybe, mango's fox is a whole different thing. Mango's just an overall better player than taj.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
This tournament increased my respect for Mango, both as a person and as a player.

His Fox was playing great. The aggressive, style, which some of us are using as johns for his loss, is exactly what got him to do so well against his opponents. He made it work for him by not giving those floaties enough space to think and properly space. But naturally there are fallbacks, and they showed up as SDs etc.

The one who was playing better won. That's Armada. Sure, you can say he's the champion and not necessarily the best. I just want you to understand that by that kind of thinking alone, there is very, very little Armada could have shown you to prove to you that he is the best. You would be expecting twisted, one-sided victories before you even properly consider that Armada is the best. But that doesn't have to be Armada's playstyle. If his playstyle, as mine does, involves the natural trade of stock, or an amount of riskiness that gets you the kill but also gets you killed occasionally, then those one-sided victories would not come by very often, and the careless critic will say that Armada is not the best because hasn't "proven" it.

Just some food for thought.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You would be expecting twisted, one-sided victories before you even properly consider that Armada is the best. But that doesn't have to be Armada's playstyle. If his playstyle, as mine does, involves the natural trade of stock, or an amount of riskiness that gets you the kill but also gets you killed occasionally, then those one-sided victories would not come by very often, and the careless critic will say that Armada is not the best because hasn't "proven" it.
EXACTLY

"Peach is hard to **** anyone with... Peach's style is more heavily onto trading hits, so you don't **** people but you consistently beat them." -Mew2King

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but Tai was telling me he had a pep-talk with Taj that talked him out of some of his fears. It's why he beat Hax, anways. As for Falco, Falcos free vs Taj.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dart has lost 1 set in pools (2-1) and it was irish maf, guy is on fireeeeeeee. He dropped 1 game in r2 pools, a game. 2-0 lucky pockyd twin a??? Kid is clocking in on everyone. If u are paying attention i will never need to release a video to talk about how good dart is.

:phone:
Dart 2-0'd me but they were definitely good matches. That guy was surprisingly good :D And really chill too.

Violence

Smash Lord
In case they haven't been mentioned yet, Round 3 pools:

Pool 1

Silent Wolf
M2K
Joeplicate
Lucky
AznLep
Fuzzyness
Tirno
Crazy4Rice

Pool 2

Taj
Armada
HomeMadeWaffles
G$
MacD
Hyuga
Toph
ORLY

Pool 3

Mang0
Kage the Warrior
Shoyo
DoH
TANG
ihavespaceballs
Taii
Phil

Pool 4

Hug$
Cyrain
Larry Lurr
Lucien
WestBallz
Hax
GSO
Bob Money

Pool 5

Lovage
Axe
PewPewU
Bladewise
Scar
Alex19
Little England
Nizro

Pool 6

Light
Shroomed
Leffen
ConnorTheKid
Bizzaro Flame
Atma
Vish
Qlex

Pool 7

S2J
hungrybox
Wobbles
SilentSpectre
Eddy Mexico
Eggz
ESAM
J666

Pool 8
Kou
Dart
Tope
Fly Amanita
Dr PeePee
SFAT
Hyprid
C!Z

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
u sure those pools are accurate??? i mean those pools r the ppl in it but not the final standing of them right?

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
1-SW
1-Fuzzyness
1-Lucky
1-M2K

2-Taj
2-Armada
2-HMW
2-MacD

3-MangO
3-DoH
3-Kage
3-Shoyo

4-HugS
4-Larry Lurr
4-Hax
4-Lucien

5-PewPewU
5-AXE
5-lovage
5-

6-Shroomed
6-Bizarro Flame
6-Atma
6-Leffen

7-Eddy Mexico
7-S2J
7-Wobbles
7-Silent Spectre
7-Hbox

8-Fly Amanita
8-Dr.Pee Pee
8-SFAT
8-Dart

why is there 5 ppl from pool 7 going to the bracket and only 3 ppl from pool 5?
just wondering.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Man I don't mean to hate on anything but....

EVO Championships is definitely going to be 10,000 times better than what Genesis was.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Your definition of "best" is flawed. He's the reigning champion. As were HungryBox, DrPeePee and Mango at different times in history. It doesn't mean the crown of "Best player in the world" magically switches whenever someone beats the current champion in a tournament.

If DrPeePee was the best player in the world not that long ago, yet he was beaten by Shroomed at Genesis 2, does that mean Shroomed is now magically better than DrPeePee and in contention for the "Best player in the world" crown?
Inga Yunas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom