• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloud has absolutely torn speculation to shreds.

Third parties are the only discussion anymore here and half the time it's ridiculous choices. I get Cloud was an off the wall choice. I get he was hype. Im still playing FF7 and keeping hype.

But we really need to calm it down. Some outlandish claims have been made and things are getting way too heated about things that wouldn't have even been brought up a month ago, let alone getting pages of arguments. It's fine to let new topics come up when a limit gets broken but they shouldn't come up so much and cause so much aggression. Jeez
Chocobo (Brawler)
>Chocobo
>Not Tifa who is pretty much perfect

I have lost all respect for you
im kidding

Are you really comparing a gaming icon too, among other things, a cereal mascot and a vegetable? :laugh:
Yeah man, LTTP monkey defined LOZ NPCs. How dare he compare it to those lowly losers.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah, add Master Chief, then add Toucan Sam, Dumbledore, Shrek, the tiger from Hangover, a piece of brocolli and the purple monkey from Zelda: A LInk to the Past
I get you're biased and blinded by you adoration of Geno, but at least the Chief is iconic, known by the general public, and as I keep saying, relevant. Everything Geno is not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seeing as almost no one talks about Mii Costumes for Wave 5, I have a few in mind.

Chocobo (Brawler)
Barrett (Guner)
Black Mage (Brawler)
Tidus (Swordfighter)
Isaac (Swordfighter) (granted if he doesn't make it in the game)
Shovel Knight (Brawler) (to partially satisfy those who clamor for the inclusion of Butt-Butt in Smash)
Shantae (Brawler) (same as above)
I really want to see Tidus as a Mii Costume mostly because FFX was the first FF game I played and that Tidus VS :4shulk: matches would be amazing.
A Moogle costume seems like a given as well as a Dragon Quest related one too. I'm personally hoping for Geno (gunner), Mallow (brawler), and, my big far flung hope, Crono (swordfighter). On the topic of other costumes, I'm honestly surprised there aren't any Street Fighter costumes yet. With of big of gaming icons as they are, I figured that Chun Li, Ken, and Bison would have had something by now.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Fine, start a list of characters more likely to appear in smash than Master Chief

Dr. Baby Metal Waluigi Jr.
The purple monkey from ALTTP
Professor Oak
Capt. Falcon without his helmet
Funky Kong
Cooking Mama
Bo Jackson from Tecmo Bowl
Toucan Sam
Captain Crunch
Goku
Shrek
Darth Vader
Dumbledore
Big Bird
Johnny Bravo
Humpty Dumpty
Mother Goose
Captain Jean Luc Picard
Geico Caveman
The Jeep from Jurassic Park
The tiger from hangover
A piece of Broccoli
#2 Pencil

I get you're biased and blinded by you adoration of Geno, but at least the Chief is iconic, known by the general public, and as I keep saying, relevant. Everything Geno is not.
Go ahead and ignore my logic behind Geno, but like I said, I sense some hostility over the fact that Genos popularity is probably a threat to whichever character it is you want to appear in the game. Geno has always been my choice, but I understand the issues with him appearing. It doesn't mean I can't defend my opinion or talk about it, and I'm no where near forcing you to agree with me, but for some reason you need to insult me because you are threatened by this? No wonder Geno fans are always on the defensive, anytime it's mentioned it gets met with hostility. Why not share your hopeful newcomer so I can tell you how unlikely that character is, unless it's Inkling

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Fine, start a list of characters more likely to appear in smash than Master Chief

Professor Oak
Funky Kong
Cooking Mama
Toucan Sam
Captain Crunch
Goku
Shrek
Darth Vader
Dumbledore
Big Bird
Johnny Bravo
Humpty Dumpty
Mother Goose
Captain Jean Luc Picard
Geico Caveman
The tiger from hangover
A piece of Broccoli
#2 Pencil
Agreed. Hey I'm just saying Master Chief actually gas a higher chance than Geno. Anyone higher than Chief simply proves how even more unlikely Geno is.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

Professor Oak
Funky Kong
Cooking Mama
Toucan Sam
Captain Crunch
Goku
Shrek
Darth Vader
Dumbledore
Big Bird
Johnny Bravo
Humpty Dumpty
Mother Goose
Captain Jean Luc Picard
Geico Caveman
The tiger from hangover
A piece of Broccoli
#2 Pencil
:joyful:

Wait, are you joking? I really hope you are joking, cause otherwise this is a hilariously, unbelievably narrow minded list. Several of the choices are just plain stupid, and I'd argue that ALL of them are false.

I don't even think Master Chief is likely, I just enjoy the idea, but answer me this: How much of SAKURAI'S criteria (Not yours, not the fanbases, not any of those other made up ones that don't actually matter) does Master Chief break? And how much of his criteria does he fulfill?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Cloud has absolutely torn speculation to shreds.

Third parties are the only discussion anymore here and half the time it's ridiculous choices. I get Cloud was an off the wall choice. I get he was hype. Im still playing FF7 and keeping hype.

But we really need to calm it down. Some outlandish claims have been made and things are getting way too heated about things that wouldn't have even been brought up a month ago, let alone getting pages of arguments. It's fine to let new topics come up when a limit gets broken but they shouldn't come up so much and cause so much aggression. Jeez

>Chocobo
>Not Tifa who is pretty much perfect

I have lost all respect for you
im kidding

Yeah man, LTTP monkey defined LOZ NPCs. How dare he compare it to those lowly losers.
Tifa would be a good choice as well for a Brawler Mii Costume. Especially if all FF related content in this game only pertains to FF7. My guess is that there's only going to be like 2 SE related costumes so one is obviously Chocobo and the other IMO should be Tidus as FFX is SE's 2nd best selling title only behind FF7.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Go ahead and ignore my logic behind Geno, but like I said, I sense some hostility over the fact that Genos popularity is probably a threat to whichever character it is you want to appear in the game. Geno has always been my choice, but I understand the issues with him appearing. It doesn't mean I can't defend my opinion or talk about it, and I'm no where near forcing you to agree with me, but for some reason you need to insult me because you are threatened by this? No wonder Geno fans are always on the defensive, anytime it's mentioned it gets met with hostility. Why not share your hopeful newcomer so I can tell you how unlikely that character is, unless it's Inkling
My hopeful newcomer? Cloud, and he made it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Professor Oak
Funky Kong
Cooking Mama
Toucan Sam
Captain Crunch
Goku
Shrek
Darth Vader
Dumbledore
Big Bird
Johnny Bravo
Humpty Dumpty
Mother Goose
Captain Jean Luc Picard
Geico Caveman
The tiger from hangover
A piece of Broccoli
#2 Pencil
Big Bird would be hype for Smash. Don't even try to deny it.

I cant tell if that list is bias, hyperbole, or a whole lot of both. I'm gonna go with both.

This discussion does raise a mildly interesting thought.
Who would bring in the most sales and who would bring the most profit?

Something crazy like Master Chief would get quite a lot of people would buy him.

Snake however might sell more from being a veteran and all that jazzmatazz.

Then you have 1st party characters like K rool, dixie, and wolf.
Wolf would probably sell the best out of them.
After that, the more casual players would probably buy more of Dixie thanks to tropical freeze but the Kutthroats would have a field day with K rool sales.

Then there are all the other lesser known characters like Wonder Red and such. Some will sell well (Bandana Dee probably [although calling lesser might be a stretch]) and some would not (Wonder Red probably :urg:) Sure they would be good numbers, but not the best possible numbers.

But then there is licensing. Even if Master Chief would generate the most sales, he probably would be less profitable than other choices (for Nintendo.) And that is completely ignoring the Smash advertisement. (You better believe IP interest goes up when they get in Smash. Looking at you Fire Emblem.)

Personally I would assume most moderately popular 1st party charcters would be more beneficial than a 3rd party one but most popular 3rd parties would outsell many 1st parties. I would also assume more casual picks like Dixie or Bandana dee or whoever the miiverse community allies around would sell more than whoever the hell we think is top dog.

(Yes I understand "Sakurai is not a businessman" but neither am I and i'm bored and it's midnight. Just a little thought I had.)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Professor Oak
Funky Kong
Cooking Mama
Toucan Sam
Captain Crunch
Goku
Shrek
Darth Vader
Dumbledore
Big Bird
Johnny Bravo
Humpty Dumpty
Mother Goose
Captain Jean Luc Picard
Geico Caveman
The tiger from hangover
A piece of Broccoli
#2 Pencil
I think a picture like this should suffice how I felt reading this...

The joke was barely funny the first time...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just like entertaining the idea of Master Chief in Smash since I love Halo. But I don't actually believe he'd make it, that said I do believe he'd have a higher chance than Geno.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
For the record I'm not exactly a fan of the idea of Master Chef being in Smash (despite somewhat enjoying Halo 2 back in the day)...but at the same time, the only thing theoretically in his way is the 'Must appear on a Nintendo Console' criteria...

Master Chief is a character I am infinitely (heh) biased towards. Halo 1 and 2 are the only reason I still play videogames. Those campaigns pretty much were my childhood other than Crash 3 and Spyro 2. I would be down with him for smash just out of nostalgia. I guarantee without that I would hate the idea though. . .
For the record I'm not exactly a fan of the idea of Master Chef being in Smash (despite somewhat enjoying Halo 2 back in the day)...but at the same time, the only thing theoretically in his way is the 'Must appear on a Nintendo Console' criteria...
Which is a fan criteria. It is only a show of good faith that they appeared on Nintendo.

Same as "no fighting game characters."

EDIT found the quote. Source gaming makes speculation so much easier
"Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform." -Sakurai
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/
^source gaming

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Which isn't even real mind you. Granted not being on a Nintendo platform does hinder his chances. But being a massive, recognizable icon fixes that.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
:joyful:

Wait, are you joking? I really hope you are joking, cause otherwise this is a hilariously, unbelievably narrow minded list. Several of the choices are just plain stupid, and I'd argue that ALL of them are false.

I don't even think Master Chief is likely, I just enjoy the idea, but answer me this: How much of SAKURAI'S criteria (Not yours, not the fanbases, not any of those other made up ones that don't actually matter) does Master Chief break? And how much of his criteria does he fulfill?
Were you born yesterday

Agreed. Hey I'm just saying Master Chief actually gas a higher chance than Geno. Anyone higher than Chief simply proves how even more unlikely Geno is.
So, the only purpose you serve is to upset Geno fans with drive-by naysaying, got it

I think a picture like this should suffice how I felt reading this...

The joke was barely funny the first time...
It's only unfunny to those without a sense of humor and can't get over themselves, but you still say that even when multiple users posted and implicated they got a chuckle out of it

This isn't even a place to discuss things seriously anymore. By the way, Geno has more of a chance than Master Chief, those who say otherwise are just trolling. Geno is a Japanese character from a studio with long time ties to Nintendo, the other is from a company Nintendo once told to go to hell. Regardless of relevancy, Hatsune Miku and Segata Shanshiro have a better chance of appearing in Smash, quit trolling

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Were you born yesterday

So, the only purpose you serve is to upset Geno fans with drive-by naysaying, got it

It's only unfunny to those without a sense of humor and can't get over themselves, but you still say that even when multiple users posted and implicated they got a chuckle out of it

This isn't even a place to discuss things seriously anymore. By the way, Geno has more of a chance than Master Chief, those who say otherwise are just trolling. Geno is a Japanese character from a studio with long time ties to Nintendo, the other is from a company Nintendo once told to go to hell. Regardless of relevancy, Hatsune Miku and Segata Shanshiro have a better chance of appearing in Smash, quit trolling
Hatsune Miku would be dope, and also relevant. Anyways, no I'm not here to upset Geno fans but to defend Cloud's inclusion, because somehow Geno better represents JRPGS than Cloud

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Seeing as almost no one talks about Mii Costumes for Wave 5, I have a few in mind.

Chocobo (Brawler)
Barrett (Guner)
Black Mage (Brawler)
Tidus (Swordfighter)
Isaac (Swordfighter) (granted if he doesn't make it in the game)
Shovel Knight (Brawler) (to partially satisfy those who clamor for the inclusion of Butt-Butt in Smash)
Shantae (Brawler) (same as above)
I really want to see Tidus as a Mii Costume mostly because FFX was the first FF game I played and that Tidus VS :4shulk: matches would be amazing.
Wait, Black Mage for Brawler? But... Gunner totally makes the most sense! I'm sure it would be very easy to just make it look like he's casting a spell from the palm of his hand instead of him having an arm-cannon. And why would Shovel Knight be a Brawler when Swordfighter is the very clear obvious choice what with him wielding a weapon? I mean, if Viridi can count as one while using a staff, clearly it'd work with someone wielding a shovel.

I wonder if they'll pull any specific characters from previous Final Fantasy games (or other Square RPGs) to be mii costumes, considering that with Ryu, we got other fighter costumes from different series. I guess a Slime hat and maybe an Erdrick costume would rep Dragon Quest, and if SE didn't hate Chrono Trigger, Crono would work really well. But, assuming they want to do fan service from other FF games, Cecil and Terra definitely come to mind as other protagonists. And the White, Red, and Black Mages are constantly seen throughout the series, so I pretty much expect at least one of them to be a costume.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Hatsune Miku would be dope, and also relevant. Anyways, no I'm not here to upset Geno fans but to defend Cloud's inclusion, because somehow Geno better represents JRPGS than Cloud
Trololololo???

When did I say that? Who said that? No one is saying that whatsoever. Someone made a case earlier why Geno may have been a better Square newcomer, but they didn't say he is a better JRPG representitive. Wow, gg, like I said, troll Geno fans

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait, Black Mage for Brawler? But... Gunner totally makes the most sense! I'm sure it would be very easy to just make it look like he's casting a spell from the palm of his hand instead of him having an arm-cannon. And why would Shovel Knight be a Brawler when Swordfighter is the very clear obvious choice what with him wielding a weapon? I mean, if Viridi can count as one while using a staff, clearly it'd work with someone wielding a shovel.

I wonder if they'll pull any specific characters from previous Final Fantasy games (or other Square RPGs) to be mii costumes, considering that with Ryu, we got other fighter costumes from different series. I guess a Slime hat and maybe an Erdrick costume would rep Dragon Quest, and if SE didn't hate Chrono Trigger, Crono would work really well. But, assuming they want to do fan service from other FF games, Cecil and Terra definitely come to mind as other protagonists. And the White, Red, and Black Mages are constantly seen throughout the series, so I pretty much expect at least one of them to be a costume.
You made a good point for your 1st paragraph.

As for your second one, I think Tidus deserves a spot as a Mii Costume granted FF's influence doesn't only pertain to FF7.

1. 2nd best selling FF let alone SE game
2. Most iconic FF game on the PS2
3. Tidus VS :4shulk:is a dream match

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Trololololo???

When did I say that? Who said that? No one is saying that whatsoever. Someone made a case earlier why Geno may have been a better Square newcomer, but they didn't say he is a better JRPG representitive. Wow, gg, like I said, troll Geno fans
Apologies, I didn't mean you specifically. Alright I mispoke, somehow Geno is a better Square rep than Cloud, which I have to say is pretty dumb to believe. I'd put Lara Croft before Geno as a Square rep.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Apologies, I didn't mean you specifically. Alright I mispoke, somehow Geno is a better Square rep than Cloud, which I have to say is pretty dumb to believe. I'd put Lara Croft before Geno as a Square rep.
You aren't taking the context into consideration. It's a Nintendo game, Geno is a Mario character. That's the gist. There is no real answer. It's subjective. It comes down to which character is more iconic, obviously Cloud, but if Geno were revealed instead, this conversation would be backwards, with you telling us why Cloud is more iconic but I would tell you Geno is a popular Mario character etc etc

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You aren't taking the context into consideration. It's a Nintendo game, Geno is a Mario character. That's the gist. There is no real answer. It's subjective. It comes down to which character is more iconic, obviously Cloud, but if Geno were revealed instead, this conversation would be backwards, with you telling us why Cloud is more iconic but I would tell you Geno is a popular Mario character etc etc
Implying it would be backwards. If Geno was revealed instead of Cloud I'd be hype cause I'd think it'd never happen then move on, just like I did with Cloud. And I'd probably defend him from the onslaught of Bandana Dee fans or K. Rool fans.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Besides talking about asinine hypothetical stuff. Let's talk about making a true, canon list of Nintendo All-Stars left for the game. I'll start:
Toad
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ridley
Waddle Dee (maybe)
Slippy (??????????????????????????????)
Meowth
Isaac
ExciteBiker
Inkling

Oh wait that's basically all of them.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
My Full Wave 5 Prediction

-Smash Bros. x FINAL FANTASY VII
Mii Costumes:
Chocobo Hat (Brawler)
Moogle Hat (Brawler)
Tifa Outfit (Brawler)
Sephiroth Outfit (Swordfighter)
Barrett Outfit (Gunner)

DLC Fighter CLOUD
Midgar Stage:
-FFVII Main Theme (Remix)
-FFVII Medely (Remix)
-FFVII Battle Theme (Original)
-FFVII It's On! (Original)
-Midgar Slums (Original)
-Electric De Chocobo (Original)
-Gold Saucer (Original)
-FFI-III Medley
-FFIV-VI Medley

*Mii Fighter Wave 5 Costumes

-Smash Bros. x CHRONO TRIGGER
Chrono Outfit (Swordfighter)

-Smash Bros. x Golden Sun
Issac Outfit (Swordfighter)

-Wonderful 101
Wonder Red (Brawler)

-Custom Robo
Custom Robo (Gunner)

-Smash Bros. x Bayonetta
Bayonetta Outfit (Gunner)

-Smash Bros. x Shovel Knight
Shovel Knight (Swordfighter)

-Smash Bros. x Shantae
Shantae (Swordfighter)

-Smash Bros. x Pheonix Wright
Wright (Brawler)

-Smash Bros. Proffesor Layton
Layton (Swordfighter)

-Smash Bros. x Rayman

DLC Fighter Rayman
Glade Of Dreams Stage:
Rayman Main Theme (Remix)
Rayman Legends Song (Remix)
Rayman 2 Song (Original)
Rayman 3 Song (Original)
Rayman Raving Rabbids Song (Original)
Rayman Origins Theme (Original)
Rayman Legends Theme (Original)

Mii Costumes:
Rabbid (Brawler)

-Smash Bros. x Metal Gear Solid

DLC Fighter Snake
MGSV Phantom Pain Stage:
MGSV Main Theme (Remix)
Ground Zeroes (Remix)
MGS4 Song Brawl Version (Brawl Remix)
Theme Of Tara (Brawl Remix)
MGS3 Song (Original)
Calling Of The Night (Original)
MGS2 Song (Original)
Metal Gear Solid Song (Original)
Metal Gear Theme (Original)

Mii Costumes:
Big Boss (Gunner)

DLC Trophies:

FINAL FANTASY VII Series
Cloud
Cloud Alt.
Omnislash (Final Smash Trophy)
Tifa Lockheart
Barret
Aerith
Sepihroth
Ifrit
Levithan
Ramuh
Odin
Rahamut ZERO

RAYMAN Series
Rayman
Rayman Alt.
(Final Smash Trophy)
Teensies
Rabbids
Rayman (Trophy already in smash)
Globox
Barbra

METAL GEAR SOLID Series
Snake
Snake Alt.
Grenade Launcher (Final Smash Trophy)
Raiden
Gray Fox
Big Boss
~Couple Of Trophies From Smash Bros. Brawl
MGSV Trophy

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Were you born yesterday

"Those who disagree with me are Trolls!"
Stop acting like a child and get out of your own little bubble. How about you get over yourself instead?

Geno is an irrelevant nobody towards gaming.
Master Chief is responsible for the Xbox series of consoles selling and is the face of the Halo series known for revolutionising first person shooters on consoles as a whole.
Yes Geno is a Japanese character but hey lets's ignore that he's irrelevant to gaming which immediately kills his chances!
Nintendo never told MS to go to hell. They've collaborated a fair few times.
Halo DS was going to be a thing, several other IPs on the Game Boy Advance and DS including Banjo and Blue Dragon.
So much for being told to go to hell if Microsoft are happy for some of their IPs to show up on Nintendo systems.
Hatsune Miku isn't a gaming character. She's less likely than the Chief.
Segata is a character made for advertising purposes not to mention they'd have to get rights to the actor's likeness to use him.

So why are Chief's chances impossible?
"Not anyone and everyone" - Chief's a gaming icon.
"Both companies have to want the character to join" - Pretty sure 343 and MS would love for Chief to be in the same game as Ryu, Cloud,Mario, Sonic,Mega Man and Pac-Man. Sakurai and Nintendo on the other hand... we don't know but having Chief on your system would be pretty big for you.
"The character must carry game history with them" - See above.

Nothing about being a Japanese character, nothing about requiring an appearance on Nintendo, it's just needing to be an icon with history behind them and Nintendo + Sakurai wanting him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can only really reply to one comment so how about this one.

First, I want to point out the obvious ad-hominid. It doesn't matter what my personal position is. It only matters what I'm saying. Too many people in the Smash community use ad hominid because it allows them to deflect any real discussion.

To your point, I was unaware of the release if Super Mario RPG in Europe. What I was saying was based on what I saw during the Brawl days, which was that Geno was a very popular character. I've gone in depth on why this matter in my previous post, that Geno, although less popular, would be a better choice since he appeals to the target market. The choices you mentioned would be worse than Cloud because they were never popular. The reason I say Geno should have been chosen was, primarily, because he was popular. I think your point about Final Fantasy is a leap in logic. Your assuming that because people liked Nintendo Final Fantasy games, they would have played and liked FF7. But they are different games with different characters. It would be like saying "Smash should add Leif because people liked Fire Emblem Awakening. But this argument doesn't say why Cloud is a better choice, just that, maybe, Nintendo fans will like Cloud because they like Final Fantasy.
Except the Final Fantasy games on Nintendo systems were very popular and there's this thing called brand recognition. Your logic about Geno is even worse because Geno isn't popular anymore, so he should have been the character according to you. If people didn't like the first Final Fantasy, the franchise wouldn't go anywhere and Square would have closed

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Geno wasn't even included in the list of characters in this Mario 30th Anniversary Book. Yes, Super Mario RPG had a blurb about it...(about 1/5th of the page in "Other Mario series")...and two pictures (only featuring Mario, and Bowser) but he wasn't even mentioned/ shown there. If someone wants to buy me the expanded version, I can check that.

(my point isn't to be mean towards Geno fans, but to point out how even in a Mario anniversary book, he wasn't mentioned.)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Geno wasn't even included in the list of characters in this Mario 30th Anniversary Book. Yes, Super Mario RPG had a blurb about it...(about 1/5th of the page in "Other Mario series")...and two pictures (only featuring Mario, and Bowser) but he wasn't even mentioned/ shown there. If someone wants to buy me the expanded version, I can check that.

(my point isn't to be mean towards Geno fans, but to point out how even in a Mario anniversary book, he wasn't mentioned.)
You forgot how Geno wasn't brought back in other collaborations between Nintendo and SE such as Mario Hoops and Fortune Street

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Banjo Kazooie ****s on any notion that Master Chief would even be plausible. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

because the original SMRPG characters are owned by Square-enix, they need permission to show Geno there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They got permission by Square, the copyright was listed in the back.
Huh. Nintendo is hardly on bad terms with Square right now, so that's surprising it didn't mention all 5 playable characters. I know they had some issues some years back, but not anymore. Either Nintendo didn't care, or Square didn't consider him important. And considering who has shown up in the Square-made Mario spin-offs... it's likely Square.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Huh. Nintendo is hardly on bad terms with Square right now, so that's surprising it didn't mention all 5 playable characters. I know they had some issues some years back, but not anymore. Either Nintendo didn't care, or Square didn't consider him important. And considering who has shown up in the Square-made Mario spin-offs... it's likely Square.
It's hard to tell one way or the other, but I would guess Square too as he wasn't used in the Square developed games. The book mainly focused on the "main" Mario games, so it's not surprising that the amount of information for Super Mario RPG was kind of lacking overall.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want to see people reaction in this thread if Geno was confirmed in December (hopefully), its going to be hilarious lol

I guess Nintendo wants to focus alot about Mario than any other characters.
Or James Bond for that matter. I can only imagine how the "I was wrong thread" would look like lol.

Neither is going to happen most likely but I find the prospect funny.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I want to see people reaction in this thread if Geno was confirmed in December (hopefully), its going to be hilarious lol

I guess Nintendo wants to focus alot about Mario than any other characters.
Or James Bond for that matter. I can only imagine how the "I was wrong thread" would look like lol.

Neither is going to happen most likely but I find the prospect funny.
...Can I make a "I was right" thread? After all if you are looking forward to the possibility of people being wrong, I might as well celebrate the time where I called it. Or the time where I told everyone that Roy wouldn't be announced at the FE concert (and I got lampooned for that), or when I said the Dr. Mario Stage was fake.

Cloud, he's the most natural Square rep IMO. Even if he doesn't have a deep connection to Nintendo, he represents Square.

After that, Agnes as her game (Bravely Default) was published by Nintendo in America.
Of course, I've been wrong in the past. I said there was going to be 2 more DLC after Roy, Ryu and Lucas.
And I was half wrong/right about Pirate Ship...I said it wouldn't come back because there was no way it would work on the 3DS/ in 8 Player Smash on NeoGaf.

Oh...that's right. We are just arguing opinions-- while using facts to back up our thoughts, and in the end it's just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom