• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There is a Smash Bros live stream coming out in December. Probably the same deal as Roy/Lucas/Ryu shenanigans.
Good gracious this might just keep me sane.

Who's gonna be revealed December tho... Goku?

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
Personally, I want zero from mega man zero( you'll see why I didn't choose the X rendition). Most of his normal and aerials would be based off his sword so that takes care of that. His standard special would be his buster which he could charge and loose range(kinda like a faster water shuryken with less ending lag or the super scope). His side b could be the recoil rods from zero 3. It could work like dancing blade with less ending lag. His down b cold be the shield boomerang, which would work exactly like it would in game, but would stop chargeing after hit by a physical attack. His up b could be the chain rid from zero 2. It could be like ivysaurs up special from brawl, but with more options. It only sends him into free fall if he hits something. It can be angled any way and every way and have combo potential on the ground. If shot downwards in midair, it could spike, giveing him another meteor option. I know no one else voted for him. But he's just kinda a hopeful on my part.
I'm a huge fan of Zero from the Zero games. I definitely support him, especially more than X Zero.
(Trying not to get really angry here.) X series Zero is infinitely more deserving than thatthingIrefusetocallZero from the Zero series. He's appeared in more games (even on Nintendo consoles, before you try to use THAT argument), he's more iconic/well known, he has more moveset potential/potential for a unique moveset, he is the one that is in Project X Zone 1 & 2, he is the one who has a trophy in Smash, HE IS THE REAL ZERO.
I will NEVER understand people who like thatthingthatruinedZero from the Zero series more than the REAL Zero from the X series. It's the equivalent of saying "I like Sonic Boom Knuckles more than the original Knuckles." or "I like Skylanders Spyro more than the original Spyro." or heck, even "I like the Captain N version of Mega Man more than the original Mega Man." I don't care, you people are wrong.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So far all the third party DLC share this in common...

1) Major Japanese game developer owned.
2) Iconic/ face/ mascots of franchises with a lengthy legacy.

What could be remaining?

Konami - Snake? Bomberman? Simon Belmont?
Tecmo Koei - Ryu Hayabusa?

Sorry but I didn't open these flood gates. :p
It's basically Snake, Rayman, and no one else really. Those are the last two that make sense, and the former is a very popular veteran who makes a ton of sense.

Past that there's really no "All-Stars" left. Simon Belmont and Bomberman are sadly stretches, and Ryu... eh... his games were more cult classics than anything.

The only real 3rd party all-stars I can think of past that at this point (outside of avatar characters, who seem to be excluded from the 3rd party roster [and for good reason]) are Big Daddy, Crash, and maybe Lara Croft. None of those really seem appealing right now to be quite frank.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
(Trying not to get really angry here.) X series Zero is infinitely more deserving than thatthingIrefusetocallZero from the Zero series. He's appeared in more games (even on Nintendo consoles, before you try to use THAT argument), he's more iconic/well known, he has more moveset potential/potential for a unique moveset, he is the one that is in Project X Zone 1 & 2, he is the one who has a trophy in Smash, HE IS THE REAL ZERO.
I will NEVER understand people who like thatthingthatruinedZero from the Zero series more than the REAL Zero from the X series. It's the equivalent of saying "I like Sonic Boom Knuckles more than the original Knuckles." or "I like Skylanders Spyro more than the original Spyro." or heck, even "I like the Captain N version of Mega Man more than the original Mega Man." I don't care, you people are wrong.
Sorry for having an opinion lol. This Zero just had a more sleek design, and, I dunno, an entire series of his own rather than being a side character in the X series. Not to mention this entire Zero series is Nintendo exclusive. You can take your bad attitude elsewhere, we don't need people like you shoving your opinion down or throats as end-all-be-all truth. You're wrong for trying to tell people how to think.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It's basically Snake, Rayman, and no one else really. Those are the last two that make sense, and the former is a very popular veteran who makes a ton of sense.

Past that there's really no "All-Stars" left. Simon Belmont and Bomberman are sadly stretches, and Ryu... eh... his games were more cult classics than anything.

The only real 3rd party all-stars I can think of past that at this point (outside of avatar characters, who seem to be excluded from the 3rd party roster [and for good reason]) are Big Daddy, Crash, and maybe Lara Croft. None of those really seem appealing right now to be quite frank.
Ninja Gaiden originated on the arcade/ nes.
Koei Tecmo is one of the few third parties to support the Wii U, with its most recent game on the Wii U.
I definitely can't count this underdog out now that Cloud is in.

Ninja Gaiden is literally right up there with MGS and Final Fantasy.
When it comes to legacy and major franchise of its respective company.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12

Pretty much at this point.
Snake for being a veteran from Brawl and Rayman for that unexplained trophy.
3rd party characters are cool, don't get me wrong but we're literally jumping through skyscrapers right now.
I think it's time we see a veteran/Nintendo character now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am just here wondering, when am I gonna get something I actually give a **** about?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Sorry for having an opinion lol. This Zero just had a more sleek design, and, I dunno, an entire series of his own rather than being a side character in the X series. Not to mention this entire Zero series is Nintendo exclusive. You can take your bad attitude elsewhere, we don't need people like you shoving your opinion down or throats as end-all-be-all truth. You're wrong for trying to tell people how to think.
As obnoxious as the guy's post sounds, I too hold the MMX Zero in higher regard than his Zero self. The original Zero just looks more like a Mega Man character than his future self. The design of MMZ zero(and many other characters by association) felt like too much of a deviation from the classic style for me to consider him aesthetically pleasing, though I wouldn't call it bad, just different. That's just how I feel about it, but to each their own. That said, both series are fantastic, though I side with MMX because reasons.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zero in Smash, but we already got 2 reps from Capcom, sooo.....

If Konami were to get a character in Smash, I'd have to side with their most famous vampire hunter. Though I'm sure many of you would rather have :snake:.

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
Well, I've had people treat me the exact same way (or worse) for not liking thatisntZero from the Zero series, not that that makes it right... but anyway... Zero isn't really a side character in the X series, he's the 2nd main protagonist. And the plot focused on him more than X half the time anyway...

I guess I should apologize... I'm not usually the kind of person to act like this, it's just... I really love Zero and seeing what they did to him in the Zero series makes me sad and angry and I just end up taking it out on everyone else, any chance I get, without really thinking about it...

... I'll just leave now.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
As obnoxious as the guy's post sounds, I too hold the MMX Zero in higher regard than his Zero self. The original Zero just looks more like a Mega Man character than his future self. The design of MMZ zero(and many other characters by association) felt like too much of a deviation from the classic style for me to consider him aesthetically pleasing, though I wouldn't call it bad, just different. That's just how I feel about it, but to each their own. That said, both series are fantastic, though I side with MMX because reasons.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zero in Smash, but we already got 2 reps from Capcom, sooo.....

If Konami were to get a character in Smash, I'd have to side with their most famous vampire hunter. Though I'm sure many of you would rather have :snake:.
I mean the real issue I was addressing was that he was telling what my opinion SHOULD be. You can like MMX Zero, but he didn't need to call me "wrong" because I like something different. Personally, I don't like MMX Zero. But that doesn't make me wrong.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Is anybody else kinda ready for speculation to be dead? As much as I love it, it's gone on long enough I think.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Is anybody else kinda ready for speculation to be dead? As much as I love it, it's gone on long enough I think.
Part of me has a "I can't wait to stop thinking about it" feeling, but I do really enjoy the speculation. I think it's fun, and you learn about a lot of stuff you were unaware of. It's caused me to gain interest in games I never would have even looked at in the past.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
How many times has it been now? Save for the ESRB leak I think we've been wrong just about every time we've been "so sure" about something roster-related.

"We're getting Chrom because Gematsu." Nope Robin and Lucy
"Fighting game characters were ruled out!" Nope Ryu
"Nah guys Roy's time has passed we won't see him again." Nope our boy came back
"Okay we've got a decent list of characters that we can guess will be in this direct" Is Cloud Strife on there?

Honestly WHAT'S THE POINT?! We're never even close to right anyways! :laugh: EDIT: As in yes, I'm done speculating. If these are the kinda surprises to come I'm just gonna take it all in.

Anyways my thoughts...couldn't be more neutral. I know jack-all about FF7 other than that Cloud's a really popular character from a pretty popular game. If he's like almost any other smash character he'll be fun to play, he's already in so there's no use complaining...yeah I'm just kinda like sweet cool awesome looking forward to it. And man if this guy made it I'm never ruling anyone out again.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Is it possible the Cloud trailer may contain hints of future characters?
Honestly that's never been the case... unless you mean Sora/Geno or some other square rep than yeah maybe now that squares in on the game and capcom has two reps it could happen. Theres no rules to this anymore, literally fan service from here on out.

Last edited:

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
I can just imagine the Death Battle fans that have Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U.

About the direct, people that wanted their direct got theirs. I only expect the major directs to appear next year. I have no qualms about waiting for a direct that shows all the new characters and stages at once, though it's likely that they would just show one-two at a time. I think this direct and the special Smash Bros. announcement next month are enough to "feed" the general Smash Bros. fanbase until then.

What I'm trying to say: Hold yer hype/disappointment for 2016!

Thoughts about Cloud Strife's inclusion: He's alright. Fits in as an iconic gaming figure well enough like the first party and the other third party all-stars. Unfortunate that I've never played Final Fantasy 7, so his moveset, not him as a character, would have to win me over. Not off to a great start with that Ike-looking Final Smash, unless he has more than one? I don't understand the limit break part that people are talking about. Is that a gimmick? If one of my sisters wants to have him as a playable fighter, she would have to give me the money. On the bright side, he's at the front of my DLC "get fighter" priority if I am to eventually get all the current ones. (I have Roy already)

Cloud <- Mewtwo <- Lucas <- Ryu

Maybe I'll just get him for mainly for the stage music. Square Enix and its soundtracks. Hope the stage gets to play soundtracks from games outside of Final Fantasy as well, Chrono Trigger being one of them.

I just want Snake more than ever now. I feel that the more maturish characters there are in Smash, the more they fit in the game. It helps ZSS, a Ninty char, became slightly more mature, too.
Yeah. I should feel guilty for wanting those types of characters with the knowledge I knew what I was getting by figuratively investing into this E10+ Nintendo game.
Am just here wondering, when am I gonna get something I actually give a **** about?
Now I know why you're always trapped in a

Aye. Here's hoping to fancying the offers the special announcement in December will make.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
As the evening has gone on, I've recalled my love for the Advent Children movie. I'm much, much more excited for Cloud now. Especially the Advent Children outfit. Like. My hype levels are hitting a maximum. I'm much more excited for him than Lucas/Ryu/Roy. I love psychic Pokemon, so Mewtwo was hype for me. (Too bad he kinda sucks) But Cloud might take the cake for me.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
He's been in Kingdom Hearts games, like Chain of Memories for the Game Boy Advance.
Yeah, did not care to research but had a feeling.. my sentiment still stands though, the main character of the game that Square said.. "See ya!". It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
MOTHER****ING CLOUD?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek::eek:
The stage went Michael Bay in one foul swoop :crazy:
They were playing Brawl music when they showed the announcement, so.....

Wolf hype?
That Cloud trailer opening+Brawl music(:fdb:)+SM4SH direct in December+SF:0's original release date was practically in the winter months=Wolf

I don't see why this won't happen

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

Wolf hype?
Wolf and Snake would make it all better for me right now..
yeah yeah double post... use some tech from like 10 years ago please!

or not someone chimed in...

Last edited:

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash

Wolf hype?
I'm thinking "If they're going to play Brawl music, that has to signal that some brilliant single-player/co-op mode is approaching. No other reason to play one outside of Battlefield, Final Destination, and the Menu, yeah?"
Would have stopped if the game didn't continue to get updates that are the roots of speculations. Ryu and Cloud Strife served to fuel what might be expected of third party characters, Mii Brawler having K. Rool as a costume caused some fair amount of people to jump to conclusions, Roy's inclusion making people think if anymore FE newcomers are straight-up de-confirmed, Pirate Ship stage coming back from Brawl as DLC, etc...

ZeroInfinity

Smash Rookie
I mean the real issue I was addressing was that he was telling what my opinion SHOULD be. You can like MMX Zero, but he didn't need to call me "wrong" because I like something different. Personally, I don't like MMX Zero. But that doesn't make me wrong.
That's 'she' thank you very much. You silly internet people always assuming that everyone is a guy! :3

I don't really have any feelings about Cloud being in Smash. I've never played Final Fantasy sooo.... It was... surprising, I guess? Whatever, I don't care. Wake me up when it's December.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, Cloud's reveal reinvigorated my enthusiasm for speculation once again. It just proves the notion that we should expect the unexpected. But how does one expect the unexpected if it is unexpected?

That being said, if and when I am ready for speculation to be dead... I will just stop posting. That is what I did prior to Cloud's reveal, but obviously I changed my mind because I am indecisive.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Say whut son?

(Seriously though whut?)
Possible, but I wouldn't suggest tearing it apart frame by frame to find stuff.
Honestly that's never been the case... unless you mean Sora/Geno or some other square rep than yeah maybe now that squares in on the game and capcom has two reps it could happen. Theres no rules to this anymore, literally fan service from here on out.
I was sort of considering the stars/ space at the start of the direct to be intentionally getting us to think Wolf.
Also the brawl music at the end.

Also here's a tweet. translated by google. unrelated to the rest of this post.

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
The Brawl music is totally Wolf hype, but cross fingers for Snake too now. With Cloud being a newcomer, it feels like anything is possible...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I was sort of considering the stars/ space at the start of the direct to be intentionally getting us to think Wolf.
Also the brawl music at the end.

Also here's a tweet. translated by google. unrelated to the rest of this post.

What if Squeenix and Nintendo made a deal for FFVII to be made for Wii U too? That's a stretch, obviously, but maybe that's why the request is being met. Just fanboy speculation on my part though.

Morbi

Scavenger
What if Squeenix and Nintendo made a deal for FFVII to be made for Wii U too? That's a stretch, obviously, but maybe that's why the request is being met. Just fanboy speculation on my part though.
I doubt it. Did Street Fighter 5 get announced for the Wii U? I am not entirely sure, but if that is the case, perhaps Nintendo is trying to get some more games to be multi-platform. However, I believe that if a game is exclusive, that is more or less based on contractual obligations and whatnot.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I doubt it. Did Street Fighter 5 get announced for the Wii U? I am not entirely sure, but if that is the case, perhaps Nintendo is trying to get some more games to be multi-platform. However, I believe that if a game is exclusive, that is more or less based on contractual obligations and whatnot.
Well Sakurai also never tweeted why the tough request was being met in Ryu's case. Like I said, though, just FF fanboy speculation. I don't even remotely expect that to be the case.

Onoh

Smash Cadet
NNID
benclaremom
Cloud is in the game and he looks like he hits like a truck AND we have an upcoming December presentation! It is a good day to be a smasher.
:love::love:

Kealmir

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure it's guaranteed at this point, the only stretch is whether or not it's getting a New 3DS port as well similar to Xenoblade Chronicles.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Is that tweet regarding Cloud?

Or is it regarding the ballot character to be announced in December?

Or is Cloud the ballot character by suggesting he was a difficult request?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Pretty sure it's guaranteed at this point, the only stretch is whether or not it's getting a New 3DS port as well similar to Xenoblade Chronicles.
I was thinking that there may be some kind of game with Cloud as an important character that ISN'T FFVII, but I don't think they'll announce a new game in the Smash direct. So unless Nintendo just REALLY wanted Cloud, I guess a FFVII port is quite reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom