• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well, at least it's something...
Predicting a Direct in either mid Nov or early Dec..
With 2 Smash characters revealed!

Last edited:

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
ok so when the new starfox comes out im almost sure wolf is coming back, it would be to perfect if he had cornaria stage for wii u

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, at least it's something...
Predicting a Direct in either mid Nov or early Dec..
With 2 Smash characters revealed!
I disagree. I think it'll be early November. Within the next two weeks. There's not really much of a point to wait until late November/early December to have a Nintendo Direct.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I think we will get a direct early/mid november. Nintendo needs to boost black friday.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I think we will get a direct early/mid november. Nintendo needs to boost black friday.
Yeah, this seems like the most logical conclusions.

Seriously though, if we get no news at all this direct I'll be heart broken. Even if it's something like the Lucas announcement where he wasn't available right away I'd be okay with it, as long as they tell us something.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Worth noting is that there was something said about Directs earlier, shortly after Kimishima was announced to be the next president. They confirmed that there will still be directs, but nothing happened in between that announcement and the one today.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Worth noting is that there was something said about Directs earlier, shortly after Kimishima was announced to be the next president. They confirmed that there will still be directs, but nothing happened in between that announcement and the one today.
That's true, but we were never given a time frame then. Now we've got confirmation there WILL be another Direct before the end of the year. Which is tighter than that, because for one, we definitely won't have one in the second half of December. For two, there's not much of a point having a Direct in late November/early December at all anyway, which really restricts it to being very soon, likely within the next two weeks.

Also, Kimishima also stated that next year Directs will take on a new format as well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think it is pretty much a given we would've gotten something before the end of the year...Nintendo wouldn't want to screw themselves out of the Holiday season...(at least not that badly)

Here's hoping for announcements regarding Smash (obviously), as well as the possible Twilight Princess remake, and maybe some word on Zelda U? maybe? something? I'm not asking for too much here right?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think it is pretty much a given we would've gotten something before the end of the year...Nintendo wouldn't want to screw themselves out of the Holiday season...(at least not that badly)

Here's hoping for announcements regarding Smash (obviously), as well as the possible Twilight Princess remake, and maybe some word on Zelda U? maybe? something? I'm not asking for too much here right?
I doubt Zelda U would be showcased if TP HD is a thing.

They would want the attention to be for TP HD until it releases. (December is still possible, maybe.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Would really want a Direct in early-mid November but i'll settle on a December direct if it meant getting all the remaining DLC content in 1 day.

PandaCeptions

Smash Rookie
Would really want a Direct in early-mid November but i'll settle on a December direct if it meant getting all the remaining DLC content in 1 day.
It's most likely gonna be in early/mid-November. It would be a dumb decision to do a direct so close to Christmas. That wouldn't helo them with their sells for new product they're releasing. Plus, if there is one this November, that'll probably help them boost their sells for Black Friday. But all and all, this is Nintendo were talking about. They do whatever they want

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
It's most likely gonna be in early/mid-November. It would be a dumb decision to do a direct so close to Christmas. That wouldn't helo them with their sells for new product they're releasing. Plus, if there is one this November, that'll probably help them boost their sells for Black Friday. But all and all, this is Nintendo were talking about. They do whatever they want
You say it would help with their sales before Christmas, but what games would they even promote? Mario Tennis? As a tennis player and a Nintendo fan I'm a massive fan of the Mario Tennis series, and even then Mario Tennis Ultra Smash looks really bare/simple at the moment.

If anything the direct will be about all of the stuff coming out next year, in which case it won't really matter if they decide to do it during December or not.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
For the past 3 years there was a Direct in November between 5-15th.
So expect it in the first half of November, basically.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
(Keep in mind this was a trending topic on Facebook) I just saw from multiple places that Nintendo will be unveiling their first Smartphone game on Thursday, and some say it will also be unveiled in a Direct.

EDIT: After reading some, there was some clickbait in the titles. It later stated that the Direct would be by the end of the year, just like that tweet we saw. Muh bad. Hopefully that Thursday announcement thing is accurate still.

Last edited:

Uncle Trump

Smash Rookie
Can't wait for the direct to finally come. I'm hopeful that we'll get at least one or two fighters, with a reveal for a character or two who's release dates are TBA.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Can't wait for the direct to finally come. I'm hopeful that we'll get at least one or two fighters, with a reveal for a character or two who's release dates are TBA.
I don't care anymore if they don't release. I'd rather just see them and release a certain amount of time later rather than no know anything like right now. TT_TT

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
I get the feeling a direct will happen during November. I have no idea what will they show us but anything is better than this years E3 presentation.

EDIT: Nevermind what I said, a direct will INDEED happen this year.
https://youtu.be/XZtTQJzN858

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Inb4 December 31st Direct...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You say it would help with their sales before Christmas, but what games would they even promote? Mario Tennis? As a tennis player and a Nintendo fan I'm a massive fan of the Mario Tennis series, and even then Mario Tennis Ultra Smash looks really bare/simple at the moment.

If anything the direct will be about all of the stuff coming out next year, in which case it won't really matter if they decide to do it during December or not.
Yeah, there's not much to promote. But Nintendo WILL promote it, and they have to promote further DLC content as well to try and sell more copies of games like Smash, Splatoon, Mario Maker, etc. For sure it will have Smash info, and they'll probably have a big blowout of Smash content mid-November to try and sell more copies of Smash to people who haven't gotten it yet.

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
Well, we got news about the Direct coming this year... yaaaaay, can we celebrate now? My guess for this Direct is that we will get the announcement of the chosen character and an aproximate date, but, regarding Smash, that's about it. I hope they don't do some "Sakurai troll stuff" and say something like: "Yes, we have the character chosen, stay tuned for more info". If that happens, I don't even know what I would do.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Honestly? I really don't mind any character getting in to smash, for the most part, but some times I just feel kind of, "meh", about certain characters appearing in the game. Characters like Snake, Rhythm Heaven Interviewer, Wii Fit Trainer, Sub-Zero, Issac, etc... Those are the types of characters I'd like to see. These are either characters that make you go like... "Wait! He's in there?", or just have the potential for a very a unique move set. Other characters though? They seem to fit into smash almost to well for me to actually be excited about them appearing. Especially with some of these indie developers. They seem to be designing characters with the idea that they will make it into smash, and that really kills it for me. Characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae seem to be made with the intentions of being in smash. It just feels sort of... Eh. But like I said, I don't really mind if any character makes into smash. Especially considering the fact that I'll probably buy them anyway.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Honestly? I really don't mind any character getting in to smash, for the most part, but some times I just feel kind of, "meh", about certain characters appearing in the game. Characters like Snake, Rhythm Heaven Interviewer, Wii Fit Trainer, Sub-Zero, Issac, etc... Those are the types of characters I'd like to see. These are either characters that make you go like... "Wait! He's in there?", or just have the potential for a very a unique move set. Other characters though? They seem to fit into smash almost to well for me to actually be excited about them appearing. Especially with some of these indie developers. They seem to be designing characters with the idea that they will make it into smash, and that really kills it for me. Characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae seem to be made with the intentions of being in smash. It just feels sort of... Eh. But like I said, I don't really mind if any character makes into smash. Especially considering the fact that I'll probably buy them anyway.
I think I get you.

Some characters like Bandana Dee or Isaac, even though have a lot of potential and are deserving , as much as I try I just can't get myself to want them so I'm just like 'meh' as well. If they get in, cool. I don't have nothing against such characters, they just aren't on my want list.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Oh, I can't wait to see who will be revealed soon. For 2 reasons.
1. A new character/Veteran hype
2. The comment section

I can already imagine how the Youtube comment section will look like.
Lets say Wolf and Shovel Knight are confirmed on the next direct.

"Ugh, another Fox"
"I WANTED SHANTAE, SAKURAI"
"We wanted new characters, not a Fox clone"
"Shantae is trash"
"Sakurai is lazy"
"NOT WHAT I WANTED"

I understand why would some people would be disappointed because it's not what they wanted, but it's not like we wont receive anything else in the future. As Sakurai stated himself, there will be "several" characters coming from the ballot.
I think I get you.

Some characters like Bandana Dee or Isaac, even though have a lot of potential and are deserving , as much as I try I just can't get myself to want them so I'm just like 'meh' as well. If they get in, cool. I don't have nothing against such characters, they just aren't on my want list.
We seriously need more people like you in the Smash community. I have several characters in my "whatever" list but it brings in another playstyle into the table.

However, there is always those kind of people who wont move on because they got what they didn't want.

Last edited:

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
well all the dlc i wanted after owning the 3ds and wii u was, ryu, dreamland,fourside and the pirate ship...also a punch out ref mario alt, so sakurai hit a homerun from me....
with all this being nitpicking wants considering megaman got in along with some ogs no one expected like pacman and duckhunt

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
well all the dlc i wanted after owning the 3ds and wii u was, ryu, dreamland,fourside and the pirate ship...also a punch out ref mario alt, so sakurai hit a homerun from me....
with all this being nitpicking wants considering megaman got in along with some ogs no one expected like pacman and duckhunt
A bunch of people expected Pac-Man if I remember correctly.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Well, we got news about the Direct coming this year... yaaaaay, can we celebrate now? My guess for this Direct is that we will get the announcement of the chosen character and an aproximate date, but, regarding Smash, that's about it. I hope they don't do some "Sakurai troll stuff" and say something like: "Yes, we have the character chosen, stay tuned for more info". If that happens, I don't even know what I would do.
If he does that, the riots are gonna be real...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't see why they can't just post the ballot results. They did that for Melee's polls.

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
probily bcause they would be a big indication on who was gunna show up as dlc, from a marketing and promotional stand point i could see them keeping us in the dark until the right time....
also if lets say rayman was second but didnt make it in because of business politics, his fans would complain that shovell knight was fith but still got in.... basically if there is any difference between the poll results and the dlc alot of ppl will b***h and moan

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I don't see why they can't just post the ballot results. They did that for Melee's polls.
Doing that would be the equivalent of putting a gun to their head. If the public knew the results then they would be enraged with any DLC that's not a top running result.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Oh, I can't wait to see who will be revealed soon. For 2 reasons.
1. A new character/Veteran hype
2. The comment section

I can already imagine how the Youtube comment section will look like.
Lets say Wolf and Shovel Knight are confirmed on the next direct.

"Ugh, another Fox"
"I WANTED SHANTAE, SAKURAI"
"We wanted new characters, not a Fox clone"
"Shantae is trash"
"Sakurai is lazy"
"NOT WHAT I WANTED"

I understand why would some people would be disappointed because it's not what they wanted, but it's not like we wont receive anything else in the future. As Sakurai stated himself, there will be "several" characters coming from the ballot.

We seriously need more people like you in the Smash community. I have several characters in my "whatever" list but it brings in another playstyle into the table.

However, there is always those kind of people who wont move on because they got what they didn't want.
When Sakurai says "several" characters he doesn't mean a boatload more, the definition of several is "More than 2, but not many" so the fact that they found 3 spots left in the data, actually might be it for our DLC you never know, just don't get your hopes up pal especially with Sakurai saying "We can't keep the development team together forever"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Would you guys think it's possible character reveals will be done without a Direct?
No, I think now we will definitely get a Direct next week, and we'll get character(s) announced there. Then more characters will be announced in Directs in early 2016 to finish off Smash DLC, with the last character releasing no later than the 1-year anniversary of the ballot.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, a new direct is TRUE? We'll get news finally? Awesome. About time to hearing something from Nintendo. Wondering what things mat get announced there...

After all this time, it may be something big. New character or word on the ballot itself? :cool:

:bowser:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, a new direct is TRUE? We'll get news finally? Awesome. About time to hearing something from Nintendo. Wondering what things mat get announced there...

After all this time, it may be something big. New character or word on the ballot itself? :cool:

:bowser:
We don't know when. I said I "think" it'll be next week, because they have to have one soon. But they said there'd be one before the end of the year.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
We don't know when. I said I "think" it'll be next week, because they have to have one soon. But they said there'd be one before the end of the year.
Maybe, but still. It is nice to hear ANYTHING new from Nintendo at this point. Although, it makes sense for it to be close Holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom