• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I guess I'll throw in my piece:
Characters:
Toad or Captain Toad
Banjo and Kazooie
Andy or Sami
Chorus Kids or Karate Joe
Paper Mario
K. Rool
Excitebiker
Ray MK
Isaac
Slime or Black Mage
Bomberman or Simon Belmont.

Stages:
Bowser's Castle
The Maze (Wii U)
The Dark World
Lor Starcutter
Pushmo Park

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In wrestling I think there's a match called "Royal Rumble" which is basically a free for all between 30 wrestlers who try to knock other wrestlers out of the ring. There's only so many wrestlers in the ring at a time though and another wrestler enters when one gets thrown out.

Something similar for Smash Bros could be pretty cool. The match could go through every fighter in the game and when a character gets knocked off the stage they get replaced by another character until only one remains.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I heard this is the new dlc character thread due to closure number 2 of the character threads

Due to lack of news and every support thread went random talking

But how much longer do we have to wait for the ballot winners and more dlc characers?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My list of wanted characters is quite small:

• Sylux
  • Snake
  • King K. Rool
  • Rayman
My interest in character DLC boils down to those four as characters I would really like in.

Stages:

• Splatoon stage
  • Frigate Orpheon or a new Metroid stage(any of Oubliette, Phaaze or Phendrana Drifts will do)
Yeah, I'm really that devoid of stages I actually want.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna list my wanted DLC.

Characters (bolded are a must for me) :
Snake
Wolf
Mecha-Fiora

Wonder Red
Dixie Kong
Melia or Elma
Agnes Oblige or Neku Sakuraba
Isaac
Rhythm Heaven character (any)
Isa Jo
Bandana Dee
Rayman

Stages:
Shadow Moses Island (w/ Snake)
TWEWY stage if Neku gets in, or BD stage if Agnes gets in
Fountain of Dreams
Great Bay

Mii Costumes:
Bayonetta (Gunner)
KOS-MOS (Gunner)
Dante (Swordsman)
Revengeance!Raiden (Swordsman)
Ken Masters (Brawler)
...as much as I hate to admit it, Popo and Nana for Brawler cause at this point with the 3DS limitations they're as good as deconfirmed
(Will add more when I remember)

Features:
Board the Platforms
DLC music (from previous Smash games as well as the source material from each repped franchise. Xenoblade X music is a MUST. I'll probably list my wanted tracks later)
New story mode maybe?

Last edited:

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I personally would like to see:

Characters
- Simon Belmont (or Soma Cruz if i'm lucky)
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Shovel Knight
- Medusa (but not as a Palutena clone)
- Some Tales of Representation (Either Lloyd or Cless)

Stages
-
Dracula's Castle
- Grunty's Lair
- Fountain of Dreams

Modes
- Break the Targets
- Offline Tournament Mode (like it was in Melee)
- Adventure/ Story Mode

Mii Costumes
- Costume ALL the things!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My DLC wishlist right now:

Characters:
-Professor Layton
-Gallade
-Bandana Dee
-Impa
-Tetra
-Wolf
-Inkling

Stages:
-London
-Azran Sanctuary
-Cave of Origin (with Primal Groudon as the Stage Boss since Kyogre is already a PokeBall Summon)
-Lor Starcutter
-Forsaken Fortress (with the Helmaroc King as the Stage Boss)
-Fourside
-Fountain of Dreams
-Spear Pillar (just use Dialga as the main legendary stage hazard since Palkia is already a PokeBall Summon)
-A stage from Fire Emblem Fates (preferably the Chapter 6 Battlefield)

Mii Costumes:
-Some Pokemon Trainer (preferably Champion Steven, Champion Cynthia, or N Harmonia)
-A BlazBlue character (preferably Ragna or Noel; I know this is mostly a longshot, but considering Tekken and Virtua Fighter got Mii Costumes and they had little impact on Nintendo history's, I don't think it's entirely impossible)
-A GuiltyGear character (probably Sol; again, I'm aware this is also a longshot)
-Various Layton characters assuming Layton becomes playable (preferably Luke, Emmy, Flora, and Descole)
-Nightmare
-Jin Kazama
-Kazuya Mishima
-Lars Alexanderson
-Ken Masters
-Akuma
-Dante

Last edited:

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
Characters:
-Isaac
-K. Roll
-Inkling
-Andy
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont
-Banjo-Kazooie

Stages:
-Fountain of Dreams( Love that stage)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So we're doing this.

Characters
-Krystal
-Solid Snake
-Paper Mario
-Bayonetta
-Dixie Kong
-Classic Ganon
-Inkling
-Captain Toad
-Malon
-Slime

Stages
-Magicant HD
-Saffron City 64

Mii Costumes
-Roll
-Nina Williams
-Ridley
-Federation Force Marine

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kind of surprised Nintendo is still holding off on a Direct. I guess an October one would be kind of pointless now so they're probably holding everything off until their usual "Get Ready to Have Your Wallet Rekt'd" November Direct. Just as well because virtually nothing coming out this winter interests me and I'm pretty sure Yarn Yoshi is the only Wii U game that's come out in recent months that I'll actually get.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am content with any character, but the only ones that I actually want are probably Banjo & Kazooie, Young Link, and Daisy. But honestly, at this point, I am not as excited for Smash DLC anymore. I am sure that will all change once Nintendo makes an announcement, but the drought has murdered my thirst.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Eh... I don't even really know if I have that much of a wishlist anymore. The Ice Climbers are pretty much it for me and I'll just take whatever other characters they decide to go with, all my favorite stages from the past games are already in, and I have virtually no interest in the Mii costumes.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
If all we get it Inklings, Isaac, and Wolf I would be happy. Other honorable mentions that I'd be happy with too is King K Rool, Krystal(I'd really like this, but my realistic mind stops me from supporting her), Snake, and Captain Toad(and his squad as alts).

For a new stage a Splatoon related one would be nice, along with a returning stage.

Although honestly, outside of anything ridiculous I wouldn't be disappointed with any DLC Nintendo gives us as long as it comes soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd be happy with just Snake and K. Rool, honestly - anything else would be a bonus.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Kind of surprised Nintendo is still holding off on a Direct. I guess an October one would be kind of pointless now so they're probably holding everything off until their usual "Get Ready to Have Your Wallet Rekt'd" November Direct. Just as well because virtually nothing coming out this winter interests me and I'm pretty sure Yarn Yoshi is the only Wii U game that's come out in recent months that I'll actually get.
The thing is, it doesn't matter when it is. Nintendo had a Direct on April 1st. They'd had directs at the end of months in the past as well. We could have one this week or next week. But if they're going to have one it needs to be very soon, well in advance of Black Friday.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New thread, new thread...

Basically, I feel as though, until the following characters are added, anyone else who's added is basically the developers' way of kicking the can. People aren't going to stop demanding these characters (for Smash and/or to get new appearances/series games), they aren't going to stop being important, and with the very possible exception of Inkling, no new character is going to break into their ranks anytime soon. For them to continue to be ignored past this point is the developers' way of saying "Yeah, we know you want them...please understand we don't care."

--Wolf
--K. Rool
--Ridley*
--Isaac
--Dixie
--Toad*
--Snake*

* = will likely require a new director, Sakurai receiving a "vision" transplant, or third party issues dealt with to be included

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
New thread, new thread...

Basically, I feel as though, until the following characters are added, anyone else who's added is basically the developers' way of kicking the can. People aren't going to stop demanding these characters (for Smash and/or to get new appearances/series games), they aren't going to stop being important, and with the very possible exception of Inkling, no new character is going to break into their ranks anytime soon. For them to continue to be ignored past this point is the developers' way of saying "Yeah, we know you want them...please understand we don't care."

--Wolf
--K. Rool
--Ridley*
--Isaac
--Dixie
--Toad*
--Snake*

* = will likely require a new director, Sakurai receiving a "vision" transplant, or third party issues dealt with to be included
Yeah I totally agree with this list,

Wolf: Is a veteran who has tons of fan support, as well as relevance with a new game. We really don't need him to become the "Mewtwo" of smash 4, because that would just **** people off.

Krool: Highly requested newcomer who should have been in by now. He would be a great addition and is a big part of Nintendo's history.

Ridley: Main villain of the Metroid series. Hey BKupa666 BKupa666 I got the knockout gas, lets go get Sakurai and give him that "Vision" transplant.:demon:

Isaac: Is requested by the community and is from a fan favorite game.

Dixie: While not as popular as Krool she is a very important and fan favorite character.

Captain Toad: A much better and more iconic choice than just a basic toad, it is probably the best way to represent Toad, as its his own game. He is a part of the Mario series, however he's got steep competition from Waluigi and Daisy.

Snake: A Brawl veteran whom many enjoyed, however the 3rd party issues hinder his return greatly.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
This is my complete prediction for DLC coming possibly November 30th as recent DLC has been coming out at the end of every two months.

Based on the data people have been confused why the 3DS has extra stage data listed between the Mario maker stage and the Duck Hunt stage and I think I know why.

First off are my character predictions...
1) Rayman
2) Issac
3) Wolf

Now for Stages
-Glade Of Dreams
-Weyard (Or any other Golden Sun Stage)
-New Pork City (Wii Exclusive), Wii Fit Studio (3DS FREE)

What I'm thinking is the unknown stage in the data throwing people off is probably reserved for Wii Fit Trainer, BECAUSE she is the only character without any type of stage or music representation in the game (except R.O.B. which I doubt matters). Now next I feel New Pork City will be the last veteran stage we will get (I'm goin to guess they will just throw all the stage songs from Onett onto NPC with the addition of "You Call This A Utopia?", "Humorisque Pf A Little Dog", and "Fourside.") any other veteran stage would be pretty dull to add as they wouldn't really provide much variety IMO (Ex. Sector Z wouldnt add variety to the 3DS as it already has Corneria). But one stage I can agree with everyone that would add variety would be "Saffron City", but looking back at the 6.14.15 DLC Direct I noticed when Sakurai announced both Mushroom Kingdom 64 and Hyrule Castle 64 he claimed them as the LAST COUPLE of old stages returning from the N64 which would most likely make hoping for anymore N64 stages to return hopeless.

Lastly the other reason I believe this will be happening is because with the fans demanding Wolf who is pretty much the only VET we need left (Young Link, Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, and Ice Climbers all having there reasons of there possible status of not returning). Now if he does come back I do NOT believe we will be getting a Star Fox Zero Stage. We hardly even know about the game as little was shown so far (Unlike Yoshis Wooly World and Mario Maker which we got enough info to pretty much grasp enough to deserve a stage). So Wolf return will most likely leave the Wii U and 3DS open for veteran stages, and as for the two newcomers, they will bring along stages from there home series.

Just A Prediction...

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I don't know... I just don't feel satisfied with the current DLC. To me it's just been really lack luster. Three veterans (two of them being semi-clones) and a character that basically no one uses. I mean seriously. They barely even changed Metwo and Lucas. Roy just seems sort of, "meh", and kind of kills my hype for a NEW Fire Emblem rep. I understand that they were fan favorites, but I think there are certain characters that should've had more priority over them.

And this is just me, but Ryu is kind of, "meh", as well. He's just so generic and his play style doesn't feel all that unique. To me he just seems like a character with a few extra moves. I mean seriously. He's appeared in so many cross overs that he just doesn't stand out to me. I only bought him because my dad liked him. Ryu just doesn't give me the same impressions as a character like Snake, where I get up and I'm like, "Whoa... This guy is in the game!".

But that's just me and I don't have anything personal against any of the characters.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
With the amount of replys on twitter asking for a direct, not doing one this week and nintendo will be in trouble...

D

Deleted member

Characters:
-super monkeyball monkey
-zero
-waluigi
-skull kid

Im a little confused why people want paper mario. I feel like that would be a huge waste of a spot.

Stages:
-Fountain of dream
-rainbow road (for wii u)
-yoshi story

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Im a little confused why people want paper mario. I feel like that would be a huge waste of a spot.
Waste of a slot? Nope. Paper Mario has a lot of potential for a unique moveset in his four (soon to be five) games. He can have his own partner system, something that nobody uses. He'd be a pretty good way to promote Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, and overall, he has a lot of good Nintendo history across his series.

This is coming from a guy with mixed feelings about Paper Mario.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With the amount of replys on twitter asking for a direct, not doing one this week and nintendo will be in trouble...
The thing is, Nintendo can't just magic a Direct up out of thin air. It doesn't matter how many people ask. If its not being planned now, its not going to be ready now, or next week, either. I don't know how long it takes to produce one, but certainly no less than two weeks at the very least, but probably 3-4 weeks at most.

(That said I do think they know when the next one will be, and it will be soon. The question is just when.)

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
The top ten characters I want as DLC would be:

10. Inklings - I've thought they were perfect for smash since Splatoon was first announced.
09. Young Link - Preferably reworked with a mask gimmick, but I'd take him even as a clone.
08. Vaati - Who should play like a speedy Link, with magic blasts for specials, and Mewtwo's Up B.
07. Geno - I'd take Mallow too, but Geno has much more fan support.
06. Skull Kid - Last Zelda character on this list, honest.
05. Tails - In Brawl I'd have said "keep Smash Bros about Nintendo", but with the roster of this game...
04. Toad - Next to Bowser Jr Toad's always been my favorite Mario character.
03. Claus - I love everything about this character's personality and story. I want him in another game.
02. Paintbrush Bowser Jr. - Zero Suit Samus, Dr. Mario, Sheik, Girl-Marth, don't tell me it can't happen.
01. Nester - From Nintendo Power. And Nester's Funky Bowling, for those of you arguing that he isn't a game character.

(I'd also like Slippy, Harmoknight, Wart, Bomberman, Ninten, Conker, Squirtle, Crono, Mog the Moogle or Kefka, and the Hyrule Warriors version of Impa)

Sadly most of those don't have a strong chance. Possibly Young Link, or the Inklings maybe (and before anyone starts giving me unsubstantiated rumors from a former Nintendo employee... They're unsubstantiated rumors from a former Nintendo employee, they mean as much to me as random guesses from the cashier at Burger King), but these other guys will be lucky to get into the next Smash.

The characters I think the DLC will probably end up being:
-Wolf
-K. Rool
-Isaac
-Dixie
-Shantae (that hurt to type)
-Another damn Pokemon

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Characters:
-

Wha....although I'm not interested in having another Mario character joining the roster, but Paper Mario is really the only Mario character that I personally would accept with open arms. He has so much of a moveset potential and could totally bring in more uniqueness and variety than other Mario characters.
Again, this is coming from a person that doesn't really want another Mario character to get in the roster.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In wrestling I think there's a match called "Royal Rumble" which is basically a free for all between 30 wrestlers who try to knock other wrestlers out of the ring. There's only so many wrestlers in the ring at a time though and another wrestler enters when one gets thrown out.

Something similar for Smash Bros could be pretty cool. The match could go through every fighter in the game and when a character gets knocked off the stage they get replaced by another character until only one remains.
Does that mean the fans will be able to hijack the match? :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Everybody's showing their DLC-Wishlist. Might as wel join the party:
Characters:
Im neutral on that. As long as the character makes sense to be included (like K Rool) or is fun to Play (insert random character here) im okay with it. But of course i have my list of characters i would like to see but would not complain if none of
them would get in (its not really a realistic choice but who cares):
-Fiora (Xenoblade) - possible but unlikely
-Elma (Xenoblade X) - see Fiora, she could be included because of the release of Xenoblade X, but so far
no dlc-character was added due to Promotion of a game
-Shantae - i highly doubt that any Indie-character would make it in this Smash, but maybe the next?
-Lana (Hyrule Warriors) - never gonna happen, but i love this girl, shes so fun to Play in Hryule Warriors
-Roy (hes already in but i had him in my wishlist, i list him here for the sake of completion)

Current Score: 1/5 - I got at least one character i wanted. Thats one more than i expected.

Stages:
I dont really care about stages. I would like to see Saffron City from Smash 64 but that would just be a bonus.
I would prefer new stages. Maybe something from Splatoon?

Burruni

Smash Hero
To talk about Wants for now. Across Smash 4 DLC and the subsequent title (approximately 5-6 years from now), in terms of characters.
  • Waluigi
  • Ashley
  • K. Rool *
  • Ganon
  • Bandana Dee *
  • A Gen 7/8 Grass Starter
  • Anna
  • Isaac *
  • Inklings *
  • Shantae
  • Black Mage
  • That's... about it.
In terms of Stages?
Saffron City (64), Pokemon Stadium (Melee) and Peach's Castle (Melee) would be my full wants.

Otherwise? I'd love to see some simple expansion to colors/alts for our current fighters. WARIO'S STILL MISSING LIKE 4 OF HIS COLORS FROM BRAWL. Shiny Pokemon costumes. etc....

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Meh. It's a new thread but it's not really a new thread, is it?

Anyway, my wishlist for DLC has always been this:
- Mewtwo
- Lucas
- Wolf

Two of them are already in, so I only care about Wolf by now. This said, I'm always looking forward to what will the next batch of new content contain...

In regards to stages, I'd like to see more brand new stages, though I'm not opposed to the idea of more stages being cross-platform ported like what happened with Duck Hunt.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
My DLC wishlist:

Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong series
One of the most deserving Nintendo characters to star in a Smash game. I'm going bananas, sheesh!

Elma
from Xenoblade Chronicles X
A unique protagonist of the main story who uses dual blades and dual guns in combat. I expect a boatload of supporters in December once the game is released overseas. OR ELSE.

Impa from The Legend of Zelda series
Yet another white-haired female character I want. :troll: Anywaysicles, the Zelda series needs more characters outside of the main trio, so Impa is the next logical step for a newcomer.

Inkling from Splatoon
An iconic modern Nintendo character from a fantastic game which is sure to receive at least a few more sequels and will surely be represented in Smash someday.

King K. Rool from Donkey Kong series
Another character who deserves to be in Smash. Sakurai cannot continue to ignore this green monster. He's in my wishlist because my brother truly wants him in.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anywaysicles, the Zelda series needs more characters outside of the main trio, so Impa is the next logical step for a newcomer.
I'd argue.
It's the only person to be the star of a Zelda game (not on the CDi, and even then that was Zelda) who isn't Link.

And the fact that the game got a sequel.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'd argue.
It's the only person to be the star of a Zelda game (not on the CDi, and even then that was Zelda) who isn't Link.

And the fact that the game got a sequel.

Fair enough. But I'd rather have Impa and not Tingle in my wishlist. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom