• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
FPS - Duke Nukem (3D was on the 64) or Doomguy (Doom back on the SNES)
Racing - Since most racing series have no major character because they carry no story, I'mma just say...:4mario:
Surival Horror - either someone from Silent Hill (Revelations & Homecoming) or Jill/Chris from Resident Evil (various Nintendo releases).
Collectathon: C'mon, nobody is a more recognizable collectathon character than :4mario:. No matter what angle you wanna try to twist for the Bear & Bird.

And, admittedly, I forgot about attributing Silent Hill or Resident Evil for major third party series, but that's... a bit because a Silent Hill character is one that's just obtuse for Smash and Resident Evil... Iunno, too... standard shooting-y and runs into the same kinda feeling as :snake:
Ya know there's a certain racing game called Daytona 500, and the Hornet was playable in Fighters Megamix.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if this has been talked about yet but i didnt come across it on the past 3 pages.

Sakurai tweeted something that roughly translates to this:
We're going to meet the fairly difficult request , but Why ?
For more information , we will explain in the Smash Bros. special program of December delivery schedule .

What do you guys think this means? snake? ice climbers? maybe even someone ridiculous who hasnt even been in a video game b4 to catch people by surprise and break what seems to be the strongest rule in smash roster, add someone crazy like goku?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
i dont know if this has been talked about yet but i didnt come across it on the past 3 pages.

Sakurai tweeted something that roughly translates to this:
We're going to meet the fairly difficult request , but Why ?
For more information , we will explain in the Smash Bros. special program of December delivery schedule .

What do you guys think this means? snake? ice climbers? maybe even someone ridiculous who hasnt even been in a video game b4 to catch people by surprise and break what seems to be the strongest rule in smash roster, add someone crazy like goku?
I think it was a mistranslation, I think he mean't to say "I've fulfilled a difficult request by adding Cloud" or something similar to that.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I posted this elsewhere, but I'm going to share it here as well. Feel free to tell me what you think.

December is going to start by either revealing Wolf or the other slot. It's the same start as the E3 presentation.

Yes, I am aware that we only have 2 slots in the data available. However, as the previous update showed us, slots can be added. Because of this, I feel that we're getting 2 more characters coming the same day as Cloud, along with one last character...the ballot winner.

Essentially, 8 characters as DLC makes the most sense in my honest opinion. Yes, they COULD make more. But this is almost a year of DLC. I wouldn't necessarily expect much more regarding characters. I mean hey, it'd be great to get more, but I think 8 is a safe bet.

Anyway, this is what I think we can see coming month:

Presentation starts:

Either Sakurai speaking or :wolf: trailer.

:wolf:gets a trailer similar to Roy or Lucas. Sakurai talks about some differences from Brawl or any changes altogether.

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: Costume Pack #5: Chocobo/Final Fantasy themed, maybe with a few different series mixed in. This will wrap up the costumes to be added to the game. Mainly depends on the order of reveals in the presentation. I obviously can't come up with particular ideas, but this is almost definitely happening.

This is where things get interesting...

Now that :4cloud: was revealed, we've gone from 3 character slots and 2 stage slots to 2 characters and 1 stage. If you ask me, that most certainly means a character we're getting is another character/stage pairing. So far, no veterans that have come back as DLC have been given a stage. I'm not really sure why :wolf: would get a stage. He's not really special compared to :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:. In my opinion, we can rule him out. :wolf: takes 1 of the 2 remaining characters slots in the data. That leaves one character and one stage...in the data.
Because this information is in the game's data itself, this would imply the 3 characters would be released together. This would mean :4cloud::wolf: and ????

Bear with me here.

For obvious reasons, :4ryu: and :4cloud:were both given stages because of their 3rd party status. Every 3rd party has a stage so far.

If we work on the assumption that the characters in the data at this point were all pre-planned, that would mean that the potential 8th DLC slot goes to the Ballot winner. There are a few reasons to believe this is the case.

1) As others have said, it takes time to work on a character. There's balancing, design, etc...they can't just whip it up in a week. The ballot winner would not be in the data at this point, unless there are reasons we can't possibly know.

2) Having 8 DLC characters balances itself between two separate packs of 4 characters and other content. It fits very nicely and is organized.

There's other stuff, but I need to finish up for now.

If the Ballot Winner is not in the data, and the many selections of the ballot include: K.Rool, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Inklings, etc...who could possibly be the last slot in the data? My guess?

:snake: "Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Perfectly fitting catchphrase, and one of the few remaining characters that could only add to the hype that :4cloud: created. You're adding 2 much desired veterans, and one last 3rd party character that easily fits into the gaming legend symposium that Smash 4 has become. :snake: would return with Shadow Moses Island, but updated similar to the other Brawl stages like Pirate Ship. :popo:would be appreciated I'm sure, but if they didn't work then I doubt they'll try and add them now. Sakurai pretty much (imo) put the last nail in their coffin all those months ago when he last spoke about them specifically.

If we go on the assumption that this is happening, that leaves the Smash Ballot Winner. I'm going with K.Rool on this one. At the end, they'll announce K.Rool, and will release him later after revealing his finished product sometime in 2016.

There you have it. My predictions!

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not going to lie, the way Etika came across in that video was condescending and rude. The way he was all like 'haha you guys don't know anything about third party characters" was just so friggin annoying and he came off as such a smug douche. Geez A-Hole, it's not like you thought said character could get in the game either so shut your damn mouth.

You all know i'm all in for Cloud in this game though I really hate those kinds of attitudes.
It maybe how you interpreted the video because to me, I took it as 'You guys don't know what Sakurai is gonna do" rather than 'haha you guys don't know anything about third party characters" It's more of the fact that we are oblivious, to what exactly goes on in these meeting, rather than we don't understand the concepts of deals and the legal rights process of 3rd party characters.

At least that's how interpreted it.
They don't even need a connection to Nintendo. As long as the character's company gives Sakurai permission and the character is important they are fair game.

Etika's video on the topic is good, but he really overestimates development time.

I wrote up a list of 5 Reasons Cloud got into Smash. This article explains why it's Cloud...and not Black Mage, Geno or another SE character that got into Smash.
My main point of interest was between 3:15 to 5:29
About there being imaginary red tape

I didn't agree with everything he said, i was sure to put in:
Honestly, any character who has any connection with Nintendo, even the slightest is fair game.
I don't think not having any connections to Nintendo is gonna be beneficial for a potential character getting in. it's pretty crucial.

But since we're on the topic: Honestly, it could have been Cloud or Sora based off the points you made. 1 through 5 Sora fits it. It was Cloud, but honestly from the outside looking in it could have been any.

Not to take away from you're article because it is well written and i like the first point you made about the Nintendo connection. But it's easy to reverse engineer reasoning as to why Cloud got in AFTER he was announced. The article could have easily been 5 Reasons Sora got into Smash and then have FF7 replaced with KH1,2,3

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ya know there's a certain racing game called Daytona 500, and the Hornet was playable in Fighters Megamix.
Yeah.
I know Daytona 500.
I don't know a damn person in it.
Thus my point stands that the racing Genre doesn't have a "face." And the most recognizable racing character is Mario for Kart.

And I legitimately don't even know which "Hornet" you're referring to not what Fighters Megamix is.

Edit: We're not getting a damn car by itself as playable. And it certainly isn't iconic enough.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Regarding if Solid Snake came back, it's too bad they'd probably have to remove the Codecs (I don't see them just retaining the Brawl codecs for just veterans and having nothing for the other characters. Unless they had David Hayter (Yes I know he's no longer the voice of Snake but if they retained the old codecs then they'd kinda have to) record something that's like a blanket statement of characters he knows wasn't in Brawl. (Then again some of those same codecs mention that the game is Brawl, so it'd be weird having that in Smash 4)

But I think the easier route would be just to remove the codecs entirely.

Last edited:

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I'd love to see Wolf come back. Also, Snake could be bundled with Shadow Moses Island if he came back. As for newcomers, I'd like to see Geno, Isaac, and King K. Rool. I don't care about the Inklings or indie characters. As for stages, Isaac would probably have a Golden Sun stage bundled with him. I also want to see more Melee stages (particularly Pokémon Stadium and Fountain of Dreams).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The problem with 3rd party speculation was that people suddenly figured that "connections with Nintendo" were a big deal when it was never stated that way.

I understand WHY people thought about it that way, but there's thinking something and flat out believing it. Even when we had Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man I thought that might change the way that people thought about it. Then Ryu came. Now we have Cloud.

Sakurai has now also said that the relationship to Nintendo is a convenience, not a necessity. Let's think about a 3rd party roster where we only picked characters with "a close relationship" with Nintendo instead of Ryu and Cloud.

:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:Professor Layton, Shantae, etc...

Now again, compare to this:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::snake:

There's a huge difference in caliber when you take the whole "relationship to Nintendo" out of the equation. I think that makes the roster better quite honestly. Like I said before, if Cloud doesn't convince fans of who is more likely as a 3rd party then I don't know what will.

That isn't to say that fans of Professor Layton and Shantae are wrong. You're welcome to be a fan and support your character. Just realize that there's a realistic difference when it comes to fan wants and what the expectations should be.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The problem with 3rd party speculation was that people suddenly figured that "connections with Nintendo" were a big deal when it was never stated that way.

I understand WHY people thought about it that way, but there's thinking something and flat out believing it. Even when we had Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man I thought that might change the way that people thought about it. Then Ryu came. Now we have Cloud.

Sakurai has now also said that the relationship to Nintendo is a convenience, not a necessity. Let's think about a 3rd party roster where we only picked characters with "a close relationship" with Nintendo instead of Ryu and Cloud.

:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:Professor Layton, Shantae, etc...

Now again, compare to this:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::snake:

There's a huge difference in caliber when you take the whole "relationship to Nintendo" out of the equation. I think that makes the roster better quite honestly. Like I said before, if Cloud doesn't convince fans of who is more likely as a 3rd party then I don't know what will.

That isn't to say that fans of Professor Layton and Shantae are wrong. You're welcome to be a fan and support your character. Just realize that there's a realistic difference when it comes to fan wants and what the expectations should be.
I'm curious to what do you think of Shovel Knight's chance at this point.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
I posted this elsewhere, but I'm going to share it here as well. Feel free to tell me what you think.

December is going to start by either revealing Wolf or the other slot. It's the same start as the E3 presentation.

Yes, I am aware that we only have 2 slots in the data available. However, as the previous update showed us, slots can be added. Because of this, I feel that we're getting 2 more characters coming the same day as Cloud, along with one last character...the ballot winner.

Essentially, 8 characters as DLC makes the most sense in my honest opinion. Yes, they COULD make more. But this is almost a year of DLC. I wouldn't necessarily expect much more regarding characters. I mean hey, it'd be great to get more, but I think 8 is a safe bet.

Anyway, this is what I think we can see coming month:

Presentation starts:

Either Sakurai speaking or :wolf: trailer.

:wolf:gets a trailer similar to Roy or Lucas. Sakurai talks about some differences from Brawl or any changes altogether.

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: Costume Pack #5: Chocobo/Final Fantasy themed, maybe with a few different series mixed in. This will wrap up the costumes to be added to the game. Mainly depends on the order of reveals in the presentation. I obviously can't come up with particular ideas, but this is almost definitely happening.

This is where things get interesting...

Now that :4cloud: was revealed, we've gone from 3 character slots and 2 stage slots to 2 characters and 1 stage. If you ask me, that most certainly means a character we're getting is another character/stage pairing. So far, no veterans that have come back as DLC have been given a stage. I'm not really sure why :wolf: would get a stage. He's not really special compared to :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:. In my opinion, we can rule him out. :wolf: takes 1 of the 2 remaining characters slots in the data. That leaves one character and one stage...in the data.
Because this information is in the game's data itself, this would imply the 3 characters would be released together. This would mean :4cloud::wolf: and ????

Bear with me here.

For obvious reasons, :4ryu: and :4cloud:were both given stages because of their 3rd party status. Every 3rd party has a stage so far.

If we work on the assumption that the characters in the data at this point were all pre-planned, that would mean that the potential 8th DLC slot goes to the Ballot winner. There are a few reasons to believe this is the case.

1) As others have said, it takes time to work on a character. There's balancing, design, etc...they can't just whip it up in a week. The ballot winner would not be in the data at this point, unless there are reasons we can't possibly know.

2) Having 8 DLC characters balances itself between two separate packs of 4 characters and other content. It fits very nicely and is organized.

There's other stuff, but I need to finish up for now.

If the Ballot Winner is not in the data, and the many selections of the ballot include: K.Rool, Isaac, Bandanna Dee, Inklings, etc...who could possibly be the last slot in the data? My guess?

:snake: "Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Perfectly fitting catchphrase, and one of the few remaining characters that could only add to the hype that :4cloud: created. You're adding 2 much desired veterans, and one last 3rd party character that easily fits into the gaming legend symposium that Smash 4 has become. :snake: would return with Shadow Moses Island, but updated similar to the other Brawl stages like Pirate Ship. :popo:would be appreciated I'm sure, but if they didn't work then I doubt they'll try and add them now. Sakurai pretty much (imo) put the last nail in their coffin all those months ago when he last spoke about them specifically.

If we go on the assumption that this is happening, that leaves the Smash Ballot Winner. I'm going with K.Rool on this one. At the end, they'll announce K.Rool, and will release him later after revealing his finished product sometime in 2016.

There you have it. My predictions!
Your logic, reasoning, and theorizing reminds me of mine, I give you an A+

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing is that there's nothing necessarily wrong with Shovel Knight. He's got some pretty decent stuff to work with as far as moveset and playstyle. The problem is that he really doesn't stack up with any of the other 3rd party characters. He'd be a pretty underwhelming character compared to the others we have. ESPECIALLY coming after Cloud.

That's mainly why I think Snake is next in line. He's another hall of fame type character/series. You could have Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon and Mario in the same game, let alone the same MATCH. Unbelievable.

If you told somebody this could happen 5 years ago, they'd laugh you out of the site/room/wherever you were at the time. Now? It can happen. It's unbelievable even without Snake.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing is that there's nothing necessarily wrong with Shovel Knight. He's got some pretty decent stuff to work with as far as moveset and playstyle. The thing is that he really doesn't stack up with any of the other 3rd party characters. He'd be a pretty underwhelming character compared to the others we have. ESPECIALLY coming after Cloud.

That's mainly why I think Snake is next in line. He's another hall of fame type character/series. You could have Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon and Mario in the same game, let alone the same MATCH. Unbelievable.

If you told somebody this could happen 5 years ago, they'd laugh you out of the site/room/wherever you were at the time. Now? It can happen. It's unbelievable even without Snake.
Snake would be epically hype, especially as few people think he has much of a chance.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah.
I know Daytona 500.
I don't know a damn person in it.
Thus my point stands that the racing Genre doesn't have a "face." And the most recognizable racing character is Mario for Kart.

And I legitimately don't even know which "Hornet" you're referring to not what Fighters Megamix is.

Edit: We're not getting a damn car by itself as playable. And it certainly isn't iconic enough.
Sorry, the car from Daytona.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
What do you think a trailer in the December broadcast will be?
If we end up getting two characters in the broadcast (I personally think it makes sense to have one more, or even add one more highly requested character after the broadcast alongside a ridiculous character that will blow everyone's mind to **** like Paper Mario or something odd like that, but two is what seems to be likely at this point), then what if the trailers were combined? Here's my idea for a double character trailer.
It starts off with Fox and Kirby in the same terrain that the Mega Man and Bowser Jr. trailers took place in. Kirby holds up his little stub and Fox shakes it. They jump back, nod, and lunge at each other, implying that they are having a friendly battle. Then, a blaster shot crashes onto the battlefield. Fox and Kirby both jump away from it, causing Kirby to fall on his face. Fox looks up and sees that it caused dust to rise. A figure can be seen in it.
"Can't let you do that, Star Fox."
The dust clears and Wolf can be seen howling as the Corneria theme plays. The 'joins the battle' tagline thing comes on.
Wolf _______! (I couldn't think of anything for that.)
And it goes straight to the gameplay, showing off his new model.
The trailer resumes. Fox and Kirby fall to the ground. Wolf readies his claws and lunges at Kirby. However, a spear shoots down, causing Wolf to jump back. 'Masked Dedede' begins to play. He looks around with his claws outstretched. Then, a small shadow falls onto the field. It picks up the spear, spins it around and points it at the screen.
Bandana Dee waddles into battle!
It goes back to the gameplay, which ends with Bandana Dee flying off with his spear.
Fox, Kirby, Bandana Dee and Wolf fall to the ground. Wolf grunts and dashes off. Bandana Dee and Kirby look at each other and do that little dance they do at the end of every Kirby stage. Fox happily watches them, then looks at the screen and puts his thumb up at the end. The screen goes black.
I doubt a double trailer, in truth, but I think it would just be a cool thing to see. That is, if I end up seeing one, ever. :p

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
December direct wishlist
:snake: needs to come back at this point. If :4cloud:and :4ryu:can be in this game, there is no excuse why Snake can't come back. Believe me, Konami REALLY needs this. Same with SEGA but :4sonic: is already in so there is no problem there.

And while the whole argument of "clones" and "we don't need veterans, we need new characters" still exists, :wolf:still needs to come back. He's heavily requested, fan-favorite, not a clone or semi-clone at that, and he's just awesome to play as, Also, Star Fox needs more representatives which is why Krystal should also be in but that's a story for another day.

And the green dude chilling in my profile pic, Sceptile. He's very unlikely but if he finds a way in, I'll be speechless while seeing that pointless "too many pokemon" argument rise again, just like the Cloud/Swordsman flame war. We need a grass starter but I don't see this coming anytime soon, not even future Smash installments.

Last edited:

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
December direct wishlist
:snake: needs to come back at this point. If :4cloud:and :4ryu:can be in this game, there is no excuse why Snake can't come back. Believe me, Konami REALLY needs this. Same with SEGA but :4sonic: is already in so there is no problem there.

And while the whole argument of "clones" and "we don't need veterans, we need new characters" still exists, :wolf:still needs to come back. He's heavily requested, fan-favorite, not a clone or semi-clone at that, and he's just awesome to play as, Also, Star Fox needs more representatives which is why Krystal should also be in but that's a story for another day.

And the green dude chilling in my profile pic, Sceptile. He's very unlikely but if he finds a way in, I'll be speechless while seeing that pointless "too many pokemon" argument rise again, just like the Cloud/Swordsman flame war. We need a grass starter but I don't see this coming anytime soon, not even future Smash installments.
If Snake gets in I will have that Lucario, Meta Knight, Snake battle again, they were so badass in subspace emissary

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight may not stack up to characters like Mario, Link, And Cloud. But he is a very significant character being from a series. Which is going strong. He would also represent the bond between Nintendo and Indie developers. And is a popular choice who would bring a new and unique way to play with his shovel blade based attacks and relics. Will he get in? I don 't know but we'll see personally I'm just going to wait and see.

I'm still hoping for K. Rool, Wolf, Inklings ECT. Even if they don't make it in I'll support them till they return in their series and hopefully Smash 5. Inkling is the most likely 1st party choice as it stands after the King of Crocodiles and the space mercenary themselves.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shovel Knight may not stack up to characters like Mario, Link, And Cloud. But he is a very significant character being from a series. Which is going strong. He would also represent the bond between Nintendo and Indie developers. And is a popular choice who would bring a new and unique way to play with his shovel blade based attacks and relics. Will he get in? I don 't know but we'll see personally I'm just going to wait and see.

I'm still hoping for K. Rool, Wolf, Inklings ECT. Even if they don't make it in I'll support them till they return in their series and hopefully Smash 5. Inkling is the most likely 1st party choice as it stands after the King of Crocodiles and the space mercenary themselves.
Shantae is much more popular then him, has a much stronger future, and has a much closer relationship with Nintendo (Shovel Knight's exclusivity was withdrawn within half a year), not to mention his Shovel is used like a sword, and we already have a character with a shovel, :4villager:. I honestly doubt he'll be in, imo Danica Patrick has a better chance then him at this point. But I don't want to argue too much so I'll just leave it there.

Neoxon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoxon
Switch FC
1178 5806 0406
I honestly don't think Snake is coming back, as much as I want him to return. It's no coincidence that all of the third parties in Smash 4 are from companies that Nintendo's buddy-buddy with (Sega, Capcom, Bandai Namco, & Square-Enix). Square-Enix getting a rep was not that surprising, the real surprise was it being Cloud. And barring that one instance of Konami licensing out one of Hudson's IPs to Nintendo (because easy money), Konami & Nintendo haven't exactly been close as of late. At least Capcom gave Nintendo exclusivity over the mainline Monster Hunter games (in exchange for Nintendo helping advertise the MH games in the West). Likewise, Nintendo has been helping Square-Enix localize a good number of their 3DS games, & there's Sega's relationship with Nintendo.

Back to Snake, he would need quite a bit of censoring to fit with the E10+ rating (mainly with his grabs & realistic weapons). My guess, the last 2 will be Wolf & the Inklings before Sakurai (supposedly) closes up shop for Smash 4. Makes sense since we only have 1 stage placeholder left, likely for a character from a new franchise. As for the Ballot, it was never about winning, but rather it being a glorified suggestion box. That's not to say that the popular characters have just as much of a chance as the lesser ones, it's just that Sakurai has no obligation to pick the #1 pick if he can't think of anything unique for the character. In all likelihood, Sakurai probably just pulled the Top 20 or so & cherry-picked from there. Long story short, I've made my peace with Snake being gone.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but there's no longer a specific thread for this:

My DLC likeliness chart:
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Koei-Tecmo's Ryu Hayabusa was added due to being one of the last very iconic third-parties left. Doesn't have much support, but Ryu and Cloud didn't have much either, mainly because no one expected them.

Thoughs/suggestions?

(I'd create a specific thread for this to Nintenzone or somewhere else, but the previous thread was so inactive during it's final months that I'm not sure is there any point to create new one)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not sure if this is allowed to be posted here, but there's no longer a specific thread for this:

My DLC likeliness chart:
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Koei-Tecmo's Ryu Hayabusa was added due to being one of the last very iconic third-parties left. Doesn't have much support, but Ryu and Cloud didn't have much either, mainly because no one expected them.

Thoughs/suggestions?

(I'd create a specific thread for this to Nintenzone or somewhere else, but the previous thread was so inactive during it's final months that I'm not sure is there any point to create new one)
I don't think Isaac or Snake should be that high, I'd say move them down to F teir.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:4mario:
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:4ryu:
:4cloud:
:4snake:
:4banjo:

Imagine all 8 of these characters being in the same game let alone the same match? That's something unheard of. If I were to go back to when Smash 4 was first announced in 2011 and tell someone that you could play a match will all 8 of these characters, they'd laugh at that prospect.

As for Banjo, I fully believe he'll be in the game now that they showed Cloud in the November Direct. They wouldn't show off Cloud in that Direct if they didn't have someone that can match up to the hype of Cloud.

Wolf as I mentioned many times before, fully expect to see in the December announcement similar to how Roy was revealed at the start of the June announcement. Snake on the other hand I can see having a trailer and stuff but not being released right away due to potentially being the last DLC character developed and having all the codecs for his stage recorded.

Speaking of which, I want to see Palutena's guidance for all the DLC characters now that we're nearing the end of DLC. Also would like to see custom moves for the DLC characters as well.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace

My DLC likeliness chart:
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Thoughs/suggestions?

This seems fairly okay. I just don't think Isaac is as likely as some make him out to be. I've prepared myself for some of those characters to not make it in iust in case. While upsetting, I'll easily get over if K. Rool, of Inklings don't make it in.

I'll move Isaac to C tier if one more person says that he is too high. Although I have a feeling that if I move him down, people will start saying that he should be higher.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
F tier is too big drop. I consider moving them down a little, but not that much.
They're not as likely as people make them out to be, Snake has major licensing issues, and Isaac is only popular in the west. I think they should have a drastic drop.
I'll move Isaac to C tier if one more person says that he is too high. Although I have a feeling that if I move him down, people will start saying that he should be higher.
M. P., I really don't think either are remotely likely and Snake should be moved to bottom teir and Isaac to F.

Last edited:
They're not as likely as people make them out to be, Snake has major licensing issues, and Isaac is only popular in the west. I think they should have a drastic drop.
I still don't think they're that unlikely, I'll probably drop them a tier (or two), but not three/four tiers unless multiple people think they should be that low.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I honestly think at this point the rumor is about as likely as getting Kratos or Master Cheif.

SmashChu SmashChu , anything you'd like to say about the rumor?
I assume your talking about Shovel Knight. I've said a lot on it. I don't think its real as most people wouldn't know who he is. His game hasn't been released worldwide. I've complained a lot about Cloud, but at least folks know who he is. Would much rather have Cloud over Shovel Knight for that reason. I feel his fans overstate how importaint he is, and I posted some negative reactions to Shovel Knight being in Smash in the old DLC thread.
I am more curious about what SmashChu has to say about this considering he's opposed to any more third-party characters in Smash.
Like you'd expect. Not for Shovel Knight in Smash. Too new. Most of his fans overstate his worth.

Nothing against the characters individually. I just want Smash to be about Nintendo. I'm all for other crossovers like Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing and Whoever vs Capcom. I'd rather the Nintendo crossover be a Nintendo crossover. Not Nintendo and Friends.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still don't think they're that unlikely, I'll probably drop them a tier (or two), but not three/four tiers unless multiple people think they should be that low.
I understand I guess. But I don't think Snake should be that high.

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
agree that they're not THAT unlikely, but I really do believe some overestimate heir chances.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Update. Downgraded Isaac and Snake for one tier.
S:

A:

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Is it fine now, or should I do more changes?
I'd say move them further down, but I'd like to know if there are any further obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom