• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4shulk: was easily as requested as :4robinm: or :rosalina:, especially in Japan. And :4feroy: was a popular veteran, so he was certainly a popular pick. Whether or not that contributed to his addition remains to be seen, but yeah.
Actually, going off the poll data that I saw back then, Shulk was A LOT more requested than Robin or Rosalina.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
:4shulk: was easily as requested as :4robinm: or :rosalina:, especially in Japan. And :4feroy: was a popular veteran, so he was certainly a popular pick. Whether or not that contributed to his addition remains to be seen, but yeah.
Yeah those were the 2 I was unsure of. I knew Roy had fans, but not as much as Lucas and Mewtwo. I remember in a poll Wolf and Lucas were really close to each other in terms of popularity, while Roy was a little ways down. Though he wasn't as expected as the others, because of Lucina and Roy.
While Ryu and Cloud were surprise characters, they still are popular characters in gaming.

Roy is a popular character among Melee fans.

Shulk is a popular character among those who worked with Operation Rainfall.

Duck Hunt is a popular character among me, myself, and I. :smirk:
True, but we're going on their inclusion for smash, even if a popular character like Shrek got in, he would still be a surprise, because his chances ogre extremely low.

Alice Margatroid

Doll Judgement
I'm really hoping the broadcast will be on December 11.
However, I'll bet it's going to be around 13-20

I used to think that Wolf was a shoe-in but now, I'm literally begging for his inclusion. (and Sceptile) #Free:wolf:
Tell me about it, I went from not having a care in the world to being on edge like everyone else.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
okay bets for the Smash thing
1-10
11-20
21-30

I'm thinking around 11-20 time myself
I'm guessing around 11-20 - I can't see it being the first week of the month, (they'd probably want to keep us speculating) or after Christmas. (just in case this prompts people to buy either Smash Bros. game and/or a system for Christmas)

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I kinda wish we had two official ballots: One for the initial roster, and one for DLC. A poll for the initial roster would allow for some more wacky characters, characters that are generally obscure and not very requested. The poll for DLC would be for more popularly requested characters.

Then again, the initial roster poll might be unnecessary anyway. I mean, we did end up getting obscure characters.

Another cool thing the SSB4 staff could do for the DLC characters is to release 6 characters: Three popular characters, and three "oddball" characters. Still though, that sounds like too much work, I mean the DLC team is smaller after all. Meh, this is just a pipe dream anyway. Definitely not expecting this to be the case, but it would be cool (at least for me) if this actually were to happen. :p

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Any comments made by Sakurai about third party selection criteria have been collected into this article. Everything else will be considered fan rules.
Based on what you just shared, this should very effectively eliminate anime/manga characters and characters that simply don't have game history to some extent.

So basically, Goku isn't going to happen. To be frank, suggesting he might get in because of Cloud is like saying G.I. Joe is eligible because of Solid Snake.
---
Now here's my thing. With the upcoming direct, some people are saying that veterans aren't going to happen...except they don't provide a valid reason to believe that. Additionally, there are two character slots left. Why would the Smash Ballot arbitrarily produce 2 newcomers? Why wouldn't it work like your everyday ballot that provides the winner, or the selection with the most votes? There's never been an indication that that was the case.

Depending on how many characters we're meant to get, we could see a number of scenarios. I know that there's apparently evidence that there is a "Fighter Pack #1" which would lend itself to a "Fighter Pack #2", but at the same time, who knows what the packs will include?

For all we know, Mewtwo (for some ungodly reason) might be considered a special case because of how he was sold on his own. Then again he may not be. The packs will, based on the information we have (considering that the presentation will talk about Cloud, and then likely the two other character slots in the data), be between 3-4 characters. Either one or the other imo. If it turns out to be 4 and 4, that would mean one character doesn't have a slot ready in the data, similar to how Mewtwo didn't have one in any data prior to his reveal.

As I've previously said, I think what we'll see is some info on :4cloud: and the Midgar Stage. Some info on the Chocobo costumes, and whatever else will be added in terms of Mii Fighters will be included. Then, you'll get two characters based on the data slots. Past that, if the 4 and 4 theory stays true we'll get a final character. To me, that character would be the Ballot Winner as the "fan choice" character.

I can't help but shake the vibe that :wolf: and :snake: would be included. I don't know. I don't really know why they would add 2 Newcomers from the ballot as that seems like a fairly arbitrary number. :wolf:and:snake:both make sense to bring back, as they're both popular characters and Snake easily fits the bill as a gaming history character. Not to mention they're in pretty good shape to sell well considering they're veterans.

I guess my prediction, again, is that Pack #1 will be :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: and Pack #2 will be :4cloud::wolf::snake:and...the Ballot Winner.

Looks like good DLC to me!

RetroBro

Smash Ace
People are falling victim to slippery slope fallacies here just because of Cloud. He literally melted their brains.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I'm a little late to the discussion, but top three music tracks:

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Butter Building
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - CROWNED
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Nutty Noon 2

Honorable mention goes to Fourside and Checker Knights, since they were cut from Melee and Brawl, respectively, but I feel these Kirby games lack repesentation especially. I'm kind of miffed that Epic Yarn in particular got no representation at all, when it's one of my favorite video game soundtracks of all time.

As for other series I like, none of my favorite Pokémon themes are fast-paced enough for Smash, and Sm4sh rounded out the Mario and EarthBound series pretty well (even including Mario Paint :)).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not to mention Disney is just an animation/movie company there not even a video game company so who even bought this up? They just so happen to have a small development company that makes video games but even then I do not think that hardly even count.
Disney is a lot more than an animation company.
Not only did they set the standard for what is a quality theme park, Disney Imagineers create some of the technology that ends up bridging out into the world. The Disney wrist bands, for example, were a 1billion dollar investment which will, mark my words, revolutionize the way the world works, and what we as consumers allow as invasion of privacy.

That's just one more example, the theme parks. Disney is so much more than, "just an animation company."

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Based on what you just shared, this should very effectively eliminate anime/manga characters and characters that simply don't have game history to some extent.

So basically, Goku isn't going to happen. To be frank, suggesting he might get in because of Cloud is like saying G.I. Joe is eligible because of Solid Snake.
---
Now here's my thing. With the upcoming direct, some people are saying that veterans aren't going to happen...except they don't provide a valid reason to believe that. Additionally, there are two character slots left. Why would the Smash Ballot arbitrarily produce 2 newcomers? Why wouldn't it work like your everyday ballot that provides the winner, or the selection with the most votes? There's never been an indication that that was the case.

Depending on how many characters we're meant to get, we could see a number of scenarios. I know that there's apparently evidence that there is a "Fighter Pack #1" which would lend itself to a "Fighter Pack #2", but at the same time, who knows what the packs will include?

For all we know, Mewtwo (for some ungodly reason) might be considered a special case because of how he was sold on his own. Then again he may not be. The packs will, based on the information we have (considering that the presentation will talk about Cloud, and then likely the two other character slots in the data), be between 3-4 characters. Either one or the other imo. If it turns out to be 4 and 4, that would mean one character doesn't have a slot ready in the data, similar to how Mewtwo didn't have one in any data prior to his reveal.

As I've previously said, I think what we'll see is some info on :4cloud: and the Midgar Stage. Some info on the Chocobo costumes, and whatever else will be added in terms of Mii Fighters will be included. Then, you'll get two characters based on the data slots. Past that, if the 4 and 4 theory stays true we'll get a final character. To me, that character would be the Ballot Winner as the "fan choice" character.

I can't help but shake the vibe that :wolf: and :snake: would be included. I don't know. I don't really know why they would add 2 Newcomers from the ballot as that seems like a fairly arbitrary number. :wolf:and:snake:both make sense to bring back, as they're both popular characters and Snake easily fits the bill as a gaming history character. Not to mention they're in pretty good shape to sell well considering they're veterans.

I guess my prediction, again, is that Pack #1 will be :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: and Pack #2 will be :4cloud::wolf::snake:and...the Ballot Winner.

Sakurai laughed at the idea of characters like Goku and Spongebob.

Absurd requests prompted him to create Mii Fighters.

Personally I think it'll go:
Fighter Pack #1 - Mewtwo
Pack 2: Roy, Ryu, Lucas
Pack 3: Cloud (one more is possible)
Pack 4: Two Newcomers.

In Japan the Fighter Pack 1 is actually just a collection of Packs 1 and 2.
Therefore the 4 new characters theory on packs does not have strong evidence supporting it right now.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

---

:4cloud::wolf::snake:
Definitely makes for a 'solid' character pack...I still stand by my prediction that both Wolf and Snake are on the way while we'll get a final three characters from the Ballot throughout next year...possibly one even announced very soon...

still hoping Midna's one of them

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
...there's not really been strong evidence for anything DLC.
Some things are leaked, some arent. Sometimes we get character slots, sometimes not.
Majority of the fan speculation (the popular opinon, for sure) has proven incorrect. This is the opinion that tended to err on the side of only 3 characters for DLC, and certainly not one that predicted Ryu, Cloud, and most importantly, the biggest reveal of all, the smash ballot.

There is nothing about this which we can base on precedent, and even if there were, that seems to indicate just as easily that it would no longer be the case.

I know people are too scared to be let down by the equal likelihood that we may be getting a big bundle, but nothing supports the notion of 'only two more characters' that cannot be easily rebutted.

Here's to 5 veterans, Ridley, Lara Croft, Master Chief, 3 Nintendo characters, and Subspace Emissary 2. L'chaim!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

---

Basically, yes, I agree with you 1000%.
(I bet the BW is BDee! :awesome:)

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
:4cloud::wolf::snake:
Definitely makes for a 'solid' character pack...I still stand by my prediction that both Wolf and Snake are on the way while we'll get a final three characters from the Ballot throughout next year...possibly one even announced very soon...

still hoping Midna's one of them
As much as I want both, realistically it'll either be one or the other, if we get another veteran at all (between Wolf and Snake). Replace one or both with a ballot character, predicting six characters is very optimistic.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12

---

I'd be the happiest man on earth if this was the case.
Firstly, :wolf: was my main in Brawl, and secondary in PM.
Secondly, while I never really liked :snake:'s playstyle, bringing him back will not only bring in one of my most wanted characters in Smash 4, but will possibly bring back one of my favorite stages in Brawl :shadowmoses: I'm also a pretty big fan of Metal Gear.

Thirdly, :4cloud: is hype, and his stages looked crazy. (In a good way)

Lastly, if the ballot winner is Sceptile, I will literally throw all my money to Nintendo. I've been requesting him for so many years.

I would also love it if they announced this isn't the last batch of Smash DLC but that ain't happening.

D

Deleted member

I want to ask some questions to everybody.

1-¿What was the first character that you ever wanted for Smash?
2-Out of all the characters you have desired, ¿Which were the ones that joined the roster?
3-In case your most wanted character made it in, ¿Are you satisfied how it turned it out?

Gimmick

Smash Ace

Sub-Zero
2-Out of all the characters you have desired, ¿Which were the ones that joined the roster?
Nope
3-In case your most wanted character made it in, ¿Are you satisfied how it turned it out?
Depends

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306

1. Probably Dixie Kong or Eirika from FE.... Can't remember.
2. Well, I got Lucina and Bowser Jr.
3. Eh... I don't like how Lucina is a meh Marth clone, and I don't like how Bowser Jr. fights in his Koopa Clown instead of on foot. Oh well, at least they got in. I felt that my character choices are kinda weird, so I never expected Sakurai to put them in. Lucina and Bowser Jr. were nice surprises because of this. :D

Last edited:

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12

1: When I first played Melee, I wanted Sonic (AKA first character I ever wanted)
2: Brawl days, I wanted Sonic, Geno and Sceptile. Only Sonic made it into Smash. In Smash 4, I requested Sceptile, Krystal, Greninja, Bowser Jr., and Shadow. Only Greninja and Bowser Jr. made it.
3: I'm pretty OK Sonic's moveset. His moves are just kind of lazy, literally 7 of his moves turn him into a ball and I feel like Sonic could've had a much better moveset if more time was put in. Alas, I'm still very welcome with his inclusion and moveset, unlike others.
I like Greninja's moveset
Bowser Jr.'s moveset is just boring to play as in my opinion.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I feel like we should have gotten some FE6 tracks when Roy got released tbh, the Strike theme is good, Zephiel's theme kicks arse and Shaman in the Dark...Hoo boy, having those 3 tracks in a medley would have made Roy better imo
Usually I have problem remembering the names of the Fire Emblem Music, but Shaman in the Dark is one of those themes that I really like I would be happy if it used again.

EDIT:

1.- Mmm... I don't really know... when I was starting to get interested in Smash, they already revealed the key Kirby characters (my first favorite series), and other character that I like... I don't know really.

2.- Meta Knight and Dedede as I already say it. Other characters that I like outside Smash... I know them for Smash.

3.- My most wanted character still doesn't made it. But personally, Sakurai can make Micaiah whatever he wants (just needs to be logical) and I will love it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

[1]- Technically, Luigi, before I saw the title screen of the game, after the initial SSB64 commercials. Otherwise, Isaac (Golden Sun)
[2]- :luigi64::bowsermelee::zeldamelee::peachmelee::mewtwomelee::pt::squirtle::wario::diddy::dedede::olimar::sonic::wolf:
:4duckhunt::4wiifitm::4megaman::4pacman::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4mii::4miif:
Bowser, Zelda, Peach, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle, Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Olimar, Sonic, Wolf, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Pacman, (not Bowser Jr- but the Klown Kar and the Koopalings), Miis
[3]- Sakurai's surprise route really did me a good one. Pokemon Trainer is still the most shocking reveal I have found, because it was just such a necessity that I didn't even consider a necessity until it was done. And on top of that, my favorite Pokemon, Squirtle, became playable, wherein I never thought it possible. Couple this in with being one of the most tumultuous times in my life, the Dojo days, and it was enough hype for me for all of Smash, forever. I did not know he was my most wanted until he was revealed. At the time, I loved the concept- but given the present state of the roster, I feel it can never be rectified (between my love of Trainer and Squirtle both; I cannot justify Squirtle as his own character, though it is the most likely scenario, and Trainer will never be given a new moveset as badly as he wants one. He can assuredly fight on his own).

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sakurai laughed at the idea of characters like Goku and Spongebob.

Absurd requests prompted him to create Mii Fighters.

Personally I think it'll go:
Fighter Pack #1 - Mewtwo
Pack 2: Roy, Ryu, Lucas
Pack 3: Cloud (one more is possible)
Pack 4: Two Newcomers.

In Japan the Fighter Pack 1 is actually just a collection of Packs 1 and 2.
Therefore the 4 new characters theory on packs does not have strong evidence supporting it right now.
That's interesting.

I still think there's a possibility that there's an 8th DLC character, mainly because I could see them announcing the winner in a similar fashion to Mewtwo. As in, "X character is on the way! Congratulations fans!" Makes it a nice even 8 characters (not that that matters), but it could also be 4 packs. The first two packs as you suggest, then Cloud with Mii costumes and then the last three.

However, now that i'm thinking about it, I think they'd release Cloud with whoever else they reveal. While I see where you're coming from, I feel like two is a fairly arbitrary amount of newcomers. Why not add the ballot winner? If anything, it seems like this DLC has been mainly planned material, and could easily contain vets/held back 3rd parties.

I could see either situation pan out honestly. Should be interesting!

Burruni

Smash Hero

1) :warioc:. Getting to the Wario Land games after Melee came out, I wanted this glorious titan in to be a brute like Ganondorf. (Edit: Not as rawly as strong, a bit faster, and better in the air. I... kinda got this).
2) :metaknight::dedede::sonic::warioc::olimar::squirtle::4megaman::4greninja::4palutena::4shulk:
3) Going into Brawl, :4wario2: was my #1. I liked, and still do enjoy, playing as him, but he is... just not... Wario. Project M Wario, with just a few changes, brought this character so much better brought to life and... Wario-y. More than :4ganondorf: I feel Wario has the worst "transition" from source material to fighter.

Waluigi was my biggest want for main disc Smash 4, and Ganon for DLC/5. And well... we'll see.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

1. This depends completely. If talking returning veterans-wise from when I first joined Sm4sh speculation, Mewtwo. And in any other case, Sylux.

2. Well, Mewtwo.

3. I personally don't care that everyone says Mewtwo is garbage because he made it to begin with and I play him for fun.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
So far we've gotten 3 veterans, zero Nintendo newcomers, and 2 newcomers (both 3rd party). I'm hoping we get one more veteran (most likely Wolf) and Nintendo newcomers for the rest.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
These are series I feel are well represented and should not receive any further newcomers:

Yoshi
Wario Ware
Pokemon
Zelda
Pikmin
Kirby
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Game & Watch
Gyromite
Duck Hunt
Punch-Out!!

Metroid and Donkey Kong could possibly use one more newcomer (Ridley / K Rool / Dixie Kong) in which they would cap out, if not, they are fine with their representation.

The Mario series is the only series missing it's last remaining All Star, and thus the last remaining Nintendo All Star that isn't a fighter in Smash Bros.; Toad. Toad would really top off this Nintendo All Star roster once Wolf returns.

Basically, the newcomers for Super Smash Bros. NX should come from series that do not already have a fighter in the roster. Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Sin & Punishment, Wonderful 101 and many more. When can these fans finally see their favorite game get a fighter in Smash?

Last edited:

1. Villager. WAYYYYYYYYY back when I first played the gamecube the only Nintendo games I knew of were Pokemon, smash, mario, LoZ, and Animal Crossing. Everyone else in Smash I assumed was an OC for the game.

I even rememebr having a very basic moveset for him. . . I must have been like 5. still mad there is no fishing rod attack
Ironically I never really cared fro him appearing in smash ever again.

2.:lucario: (most wanted for brawl)
:4littlemac:(most wanted):4palutena::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4shulk::4darkpit::4bowserjr:(2nd most wanted for Brawl)
3. Ignoring Side b nerf. . .yes.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
These are series I feel are well represented and should not receive any further newcomers:

Yoshi
Wario Ware
Pokemon
Zelda
Pikmin
Kirby
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Game & Watch
Gyromite
Duck Hunt
Punch-Out!!

Metroid and Donkey Kong could possibly use one more newcomer (Ridley / K Rool / Dixie Kong) in which they would cap out, if not, they are fine with their representation.

The Mario series is the only series missing it's last remaining All Star, and thus the last remaining Nintendo All Star that isn't a fighter in Smash Bros.; it's Toad. Toad would really top off this Nintendo All Star roster once Wolf returns.

Basically, the newcomers for Super Smash Bros. NX should come from series that do not already have a fighter in the roster. Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Sin & Punishment, Wonderful 101 and many more. Why can these fans finally see their favorite game get a fighter in Smash?
Sorry. But I have to disagree with Pokémon not having any more reps. It's lost more veterans than any other series, and we only got one Pokémon newcomer while other Smash games had more. I feel like one more Pokémon newcomer isn't too much to ask for. Also, saying that Pokémon has enough reps while requesting another Mario character when Mario already has seven reps is a bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Yoshi
Wario Ware
Pokemon
Zelda
Pikmin
Kirby
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Game & Watch
Gyromite
Duck Hunt
Punch-Out!!

The Mario series is the only series missing it's last remaining All Star, and thus the last remaining Nintendo All Star that isn't a fighter in Smash Bros.; Toad. Toad would really top off this Nintendo All Star roster once Wolf returns.

Basically, the newcomers for Super Smash Bros. NX should come from series that do not already have a fighter in the roster. Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Mysterious Murasame Castle, Sin & Punishment, Wonderful 101 and many more. When can these fans finally see their favorite game get a fighter in Smash?
Congrats on the mastery of suspense with this post. I legitimately held my breathe the whole time, and finally...
exhaled as I read Toad.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Sorry. But I have to disagree with Pokémon not having any more reps. It's lost more veterans than any other series, and we only got one Pokémon newcomer while other Smash games had more. I feel like one more Pokémon newcomer isn't too much to ask for. Also, saying that Pokémon has enough reps but requesting a Mario character when Mario already has seven reps is a bit hypocritical.
Pokemon has been treated very well in every Smash Bros. game, I don't think it has ever gotten the shaft. The series has a DLC fighter already and has six fighters. In the Next Smash Bros., I could see them adding the next hot new Pokemon, since it seems that is the logic behind how Sakurai makes his decision. I feel like Gengar has a good chance, he would be cool

Eh. I feel like we already have enough Gen 1 Pokémon. Red and Blue aren't the only Pokémon games that exist, anymore. Other gens deserve love.
Gengar won a popularity poll for Pokken Tournament, it shows how popular he is

Also, I said that Toad could appear in the next game, not as a DLC character. What's your problem, why are you acting so defensive and insultive, calling me a hypocrite, dude?

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

I'm assuming you're talking about newcomers.
1. Brawl had every character I wanted except one, Waluigi.
2. I kind of wanted Little Mac and the koopalings.
3. If Waluigi got in I would be extremely happy that I could finally tag team as the Wario bros.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Midna_Icon.png

2. :4sonic::4lucario::4lucina:

3. :4sonic: - He was okay in Brawl, I had fun with him.
:4lucario: - Ditto
:4lucina: - Believe it or not, her being a 1-1 Marth clone didn't phase me at all. What did bother me is the fact that the character she was based on...really sucks in Smash, bringing her down too. :/

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Pokemon has been treated very well in every Smash Bros. game, I don't think it has ever gotten the shaft. The series has a DLC fighter already and has six fighters. In the Next Smash Bros., I could see them adding the next hot new Pokemon, since it seems that is the logic behind how Sakurai makes his decision. I feel like Gengar has a good chance, he would be cool

Also, I said that Toad could appear in the next game, not as a DLC character. What's your problem, why are you acting so defensive and insultive, calling me a hypocrite, dude?
Pokemon has absolutely gotten the shaft. In fact, regarding veterans, it is the only franchise where people on the boards seem to disrespect the veterans, of which Pokemon has the most.

Sakurai literally makes his movesets for Pokemon out of his ass. Jigglypuff had never been seen as a balloon, and was only portrayed as one after Smash bros, and even that was Wigglytuff. Greninja was based on being a frog ninja, and has nothing to do with the character, outside of Water Shuriken, which was requested. You admit Pokemon are added just on 'being new and hot,' yet say it is fair, even though not a single other franchise is given this disrespect.

...but I find it funny that you think Pokemon is treated well, that it doesn't need a new character, when you want Mario to get a new character, and used 'merchandise' as an argument. I won't open up the g-bomb again, but this is hypocritical.
Eh. I feel like we already have enough Gen 1 Pokémon. Red and Blue aren't the only Pokémon games that exist, anymore. Other gens deserve love.
Gen 1 *born* Pokemon are in every region, and the gen 1 starters are even available in five of the six generations quite predominantly. This generations thing is another fan made, illogical, argument. It tries to use 'numbers' as a basis, and then forgets that each generation had a different number of games, different number of regions, different number of NEW Pokemon. It's the definition of a salty poke.....which sounds sexual. Yum.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Honestly? I really would like to see another ICONIC third-party curve ball like character. If a character like Scorpion or Lara Croft were to be revealed it would break the internet! With Cloud simply being a teaser for the next direct who knows what could happen! Then again I might be setting my expectations a little to high. Still, I think Smash 4 is really the time for third-parties to join in on smash.

Also, in terms of first party characters I really only think that we need King K. Rool, Inklings, Issac, and a Rhythm Heaven character. That's just me though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Yoshi
Wario Ware
Pokemon
Zelda
Pikmin
Kirby
Star Fox
F-Zero
Mother
Fire Emblem
Kid Icarus
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
Wii Fit
Game & Watch
Gyromite
Duck Hunt
Punch-Out!!

So pretty much every series?
I don't agree with a lot of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom