• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social General Ice Climber Chat

:Tally Hoes

Banned via Administration
In general it feel like the ice climbers completely crush a lot of tactics(grab stuff, sheild spamming, lower tier tactics), but they struggle with wierd things like running shine and retarted spam of knees or other lame moves they have a hard time getting around.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
not really i'm like 4-5 hours away from him so guess that counts

just met him this year but we hit it off and good friends now
yes we are now passionate ice climber lovers

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i was working on something new.. for me today
dunno if it has been tried and not used
popo dthrow nana WD forward fsmash towards popo
looks like a good finisher when back is towards ledge
what better options are there popo grab with back towards ledge

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Awesome video Trail, like I said in the comments I will carry the midwest IC flag with dignity and honor.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
For the first time since something like mid-2009, I have a Melee disc! The downside is that my hands have been a little stiff and unresponsive today for reasons unbeknownst to me, so I can't get any meaningful practice in, but hopefully those issues will clear up soon. Anyways, I shall hopefully once again have actual tech skill soon.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You use this character more often than I do, you should be able to realize when I'm being serious or wrong and when I'm trolling.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Nice, don't settle for a techskill lower then being able to desynch baiting with nana, with possible reaction based punishes from popo to for example wobbling, lol ICs is such a good character(s).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
shut up I'm serious how am I supposed to get boys when vts posts ugly pictures of me around smashboards?? :drshrug:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you mean ic's vs link?

just stay close, and get grabs. he has a pretty good keep away, so make an effort to not get too hasty and block/avoid all his projectiles. your shield is really good in this matchup cuz link's shield pressure is not very good, and his already terrible grab is even worse vs ic's

Smasher89

Smash Lord
how the **** do u do that?
An example could be charge a smash with Nana, while spacing with popo(using the drag animation for nana spacing as well), not that hard if you can fit it in your playstyle and flow well, atleast in some situations like near the ledge.

shmeargle

Smash Apprentice
Link is just really bad in general.

I laugh out loud whenever people say that the match-up is even or some **** xD
Haha. It's just I'm unfamiliar with this matchup because I don't play many links. Usually when I do they are the ones that I end up playing just up b spam lol. Then when i see one that actually knows how to play I get confused lol

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, just make an effort to shield all his projectiles. he can't do much to ic's shield

then when you see an opening wd in

Top Bottom