• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Custom Moves

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Not likely. Seems customization only affects aesthetics and properties, not the actual attacks. A punch will always be a punch, know what I'm saying?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Not likely. Seems customization only affects aesthetics and properties, not the actual attacks. A punch will always be a punch, know what I'm saying?
No, I mean his custom specials. :p

He might pull out a sword or something for one of them, then put it back.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'd love it if one of his alternative B moves was something similar to the fireball projectile he shoots out in Brawl Minus or an energy beam that functions as a horizontal version of Palutena's Up-Smash. I doubt it'll happen, and I think the alternatives will probably be about as slow and useless as the original, but we can all hope at least one of his custom B moves will be decent.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
What I expect:

nB1 :Close Dark Flames Warlock Punch
nB2: Vaccuum Warlock Punch or Armor Warlock Punch
nB3: Eletric Projectile-like Warlock Punch (eletric punch that propels the eletricity as a projectile)

dB1: Wizard Foot
dB2: More knockback. More startup. Explosive. Bigger shockwave when he hits the ground.
dB3: Super Armor Wizard Foot

fB1: Flame Choke
fB2: Close Range Fire Explosion Flame Choke. Launches diagonally
fB3: Fast Eletric Flame Choke. Doesn't knockdown. Combo-oriented.

uB1: Dark Dive
uB2: Hit-only Dark Dive
uB3: Dark Dive + Punch on the way down

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
It would be cool. I for one love falcondorf, but I understand why people will be upset with his current moveset. This maybe a way to make both sides happy.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I could see his warlock punch animation being used for a Dead Man's Volley. Instead of punching it would launch a projectile from his fist.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Two examples out of a roster of 48 do not a cohesive argument make.
Two examples shows that there is exceptions. Why can't there be an exception for Ganon too? :p
Also, I don't know of all of the custom specials moves; those are just two that I remember. There's most likely more.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Two examples shows that there is exceptions. Why can't there be an exception for Ganon too? :p
Because Ganon isn't playable. :smirk:

And I'm not saying there can't be exceptions, I'm saying don't expect exceptions. Mega Man and Palutena operate on functions of their actual games, but I'll withhold comment on Rosalina for now.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Because Ganon isn't playable. :smirk:

And I'm not saying there can't be exceptions, I'm saying don't expect exceptions. Mega Man and Palutena operate on functions of their actual games, but I'll withhold comment on Rosalina for now.
Sorry, It's just a habit of mine to randomly say Ganon instead of Ganondorf. :p

Well, I'd be very surprised if Sakurai hasn't heard about the complaints about Falcondorf, so I think this is something he might do.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Also, I don't know of all of the custom specials moves; those are just two that I remember. There's most likely more.
You havent noticed a trend right?.

The characters that are getting very different specials are the "new" ones...like palutenma and megaman...
Certain sakurais favs liek Pit will surely have new ones too...

But looking a the treatment clones are getting.. im pretty sure ganondorf will get a yellow warlock punch and a faster bloue warlock punch....or a shid in those lines.

You can mark my words

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
You havent noticed a trend right?.

The characters that are getting very different specials are the "new" ones...like palutenma and megaman...
Certain sakurais favs liek Pit will surely have new ones too...

But looking a the treatment clones are getting.. im pretty sure ganondorf will get a yellow warlock punch and a faster bloue warlock punch....or a shid in those lines.

You can mark my words
Ganon's more of a semi clone than a clone.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Seems like I got some right. There's a diagonal launch Flame Choke and Hit-only Dark Dive. Still expecting:

Eletric Projectile-like Warlock Punch (eletric punch that propels the eletricity as a projectile)
Wizard Foot 2: More knockback. More startup. Explosive. Bigger shockwave when he hits the ground.
Wizard Foot 3: Super Armor Wizard Foot
Fast Eletric Flame Choke. Doesn't knockdown. Combo-oriented.
Dark Dive + Punch on the way down

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Seems like I got some right. There's a diagonal launch Flame Choke and Hit-only Dark Dive. Still expecting:

Fast Eletric Flame Choke. Doesn't knockdown. Combo-oriented.
I could be wrong, but as I tuned in to Gema's stream he was showing Ganon's custom side special that looked just like what you describe but I only saw it once before he/she switched character... it looked like a multi-hit move similar in function to Meta Knight's side B in Brawl.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
Yes, saw it now.
I didn't guess everything right but at least I understood somehow Sakurai's mindset.

Still hoping for the eletric warlock projectile, but because the Sword is already the range improvement, I don't think it's happening. Probably armor or vacuum.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I dont undertsand that new dark diagonal flame choke
could you elaborate more?
In one custom move, Ganondorf still grabs the enemy, but he is sent away, instead of going on the ground.

The 3rd custom makes Flame Choke a multihit attack, and it doesn't grab the opponent. Seems powerful, though!

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ok, im getting the idea. the 2nd one he grabs the enemy and send him flying with an explosion or something
The third one im still curious to see. Its like an uppercut or something instead of a hold?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Ok, im getting the idea. the 2nd one he grabs the enemy and send him flying with an explosion or something
The third one im still curious to see. Its like an uppercut or something instead of a hold?
Yep, Dark explosion. In fact, I think that should be the normal, not the custom :troll:

Third one is the same animation, but there's no grab. Let's say that he electrocute enemies with his palm while dashing. Can't recall if it's electrical or dark magic, though.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ah ok i see. thx a lot

But is then almost the same thing as a grouned warlock foot but with multihits?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Look in the SWORD CONFIRMED forum to see a new Warlock Punch custom. (Warlock stab?)

If he has a knock-away Flame Choke he will be getting complaints from Kyo of King Of Fighters.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
TBH, it doesnt look like a sword but oh well XD... ill accept it
It looks like a toothstick tobh XD. Why is so yellow?

interesting
Yeah... It's supposed to be pink/white and its seems shorter than in Brawl. But its also yellowish and shorter in his taunt so idk...

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Finally, it took way too long but we finally have it. Too bad we won't see it in Tournaments though <.<
No body said ALL custom moves will be illegal in tournaments. I'm sure OP ones would but not all of them, also it could be that a standard special is OP and can be replaced by a non-OP custom special. than we should ban the OP standard move, no?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
No body said ALL custom moves will be illegal in tournaments. I'm sure OP ones would but not all of them, also it could be that a standard special is OP and can be replaced by a non-OP custom special. than we should ban the OP standard move, no?
Or just allow them and build a meta to defeat said build. If it is as broken a Meta Knight then banned. And once other MK rises, take it down and the next one and the next one and the next one until there no Meta Knights left.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Or just allow them and build a meta to defeat said build. If it is as broken a Meta Knight then banned. And once other MK rises, take it down and the next one and the next one and the next one until there no Meta Knights left.
I concur

Top Bottom