• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
All this hate for Brawlerdorf.

You people are sad. Go watch VGCW and open your eyes. Brawlerdorf is best Dorf forever.
I don't care if Brawlerdorf is the damn top of the tiers! GANONDORF SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Please do not look like the Hyrule Warrior model.
There will definitely be alternate costumes for him. Fear not. You probably won't have to be Super Saiyan 3 Ganondorf if you don't want too! (That is...If this design is in Smash).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't care if Brawlerdorf is the damn top of the tiers! GANONDORF SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!
You're right. Declone him further, and make him a wrestler, not unlike VGCWDorf. Keep the hard hitting beast.

He'll be perfect.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
All this hate for Brawlerdorf.

You people are sad. Go watch VGCW and open your eyes. Brawlerdorf is best Dorf forever.
I personally would prefer a dark magic brawler ganondorf instead of a sword wielding ganondorf, but his moveset need ahuge revamp eitherway, warlock punch sucks big time.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
The only reason why he was in melee in the first place was because he was capable of being a clone, thanks to his human form in OoT being the same body as Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I personally would prefer a dark magic brawler ganondorf instead of a sword wielding ganondorf, but his moveset need ahuge revamp eitherway, warlock punch sucks big time.
You know what'd be cool? (and I keep bringing it up) If Warlock Punch stayed, but was chargeable and had wicked range if charged enough. And had a different name.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
if only...
I don't think is thaaaaaat farfetched to think that link, zelda sheik or ganondorf aren't getting HW alts. unlike complete character, an alt costume can be made way before the development started, doesn't take that much, specially if the model only need some tweaking , and Hyrule warriors could use it as advertisment.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
You know what'd be cool? (and I keep bringing it up) If Warlock Punch stayed, but was chargeable and had wicked range if charged enough. And had a different name.
I actually would love if he charges a magic orb (akin to dead mans volley) and instead of hurl it, he punches forward, now thats what I call a true warlock punch.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I don't think is thaaaaaat farfetched to think that link, zelda sheik or ganondorf aren't getting HW alts. unlike complete character, an alt costume can be made way before the development started, doesn't take that much, specially if the model only need some tweaking , and Hyrule warriors could use it as advertisment.
It's not necessarily the costume that I essentially want (although ****ing bonus), it's just that a spin-off game literally showed how badass Ganon should and could be in a smashbros game. and for all the falcondorf lovers, just give the moveset to Black Shadow from F-Zero, and wa-la, everyone happy.

Steelia

Smash Champion
What I love most about this 'dorf is how it manages to pull off being a hybrid so well - influences from OoT Ganon (bright red hair), TP Ganon (armor), WW Ganon (dual-wielding), and Demise (right-hand sword, long hair, and overall bulkiness).

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I was afraid nothing about Ganondorf would be shown during that Direct. Then Mr. Aonuma awards my slight patience!! I hoped a WW outfit would be one of the two, but that is OK. Now, if that TP concept art became an outfit...

Captain Bananoz!!!

Smash Rookie
The only reason why I'm siding with Falcondorf 50% is because some people probably mained him in Brawl/Melee and therefore would like to see his moveset return. (And he wasn't really too much of a clone if you compare him with other characters. But the remaining 50% is from the hype of watching that new Hyrule Warriors trailer! GANONDORF!!!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people are saying they doubt that he'll look like he does in HW, but so far we have seen ZERO Ganon in smash. I'd say anything is possible at this point, and would explain why we haven't seen anything so far...

Steelia

Smash Champion
The only reason why I'm siding with Falcondorf 50% is because some people probably mained him in Brawl/Melee and therefore would like to see his moveset return. (And he wasn't really too much of a clone if you compare him with other characters. But the remaining 50% is from the hype of watching that new Hyrule Warriors trailer! GANONDORF!!!
Just speaking as a Mewtwo supporter, I'd be all for a (good) moveset change for Mewtwo, maybe even radically different from SSBM. All I really want is to see the psychic cat in himself. Bowser was changed pretty drastically in SSB4, and now he's a total beast. Now after seeing this direct I REALLY want to see a vastly different but truer-to-character Ganondorf.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
His hair is probably supposed to look like a mane to make him look feral and beastly, but I still can't stop imagining HW Ganondorf going into a hair salon in that bulky body and getting his hair done lovingly by Ghirahim ^_^

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget we're still in week of deconfirmations...

inb4 Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is an assist trophy :troll:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has Ganondorf's original voice actor returned to voice him, or is it the TP/SSBB voice actor? I think it's the original one. He sounds different from TP Ganondorf.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'll be honest, I'm much more excited that playable Ganondorf is now a canon thing in Zelda, not just Smash. Spin-offs be damned.

Canondorf, huehuehuehue

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I think it's the first voice actor. It sounds different from TP Ganondorf. It sounds more similar to WW Ganondorf, who was voiced by the original voice actor. I await an "Oooyah."

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Some guy on Reddit pointed out all the references in Ganondorf's new design:

This is the greatest Ganondorf character design ever. Flowing red mane representing late-game OoT and SS, a chinstrap beard like in TP and WW, fabulous headwear a la TP but without that lame girly bun thing he had going in the back, Demise's butt-cape thing that I don't know the name of, Blue plate armor with flowing red hair and cloth in the back representing 2D Ganon's blue skin and red cape, and the dual swords use an OoT Ganon combat style with the Spaceworld demo's crescent-tipped greatsword in the right hand. His special giant Ganon attack is even silhouetted like OoT and AoL. It's got everything but the trident and fire-bats. EDIT: **** me, I just rewatched it and realized he's wearing the Golden Gauntlets from OoT. He never wore them before that we saw but they were in his castle and the Silver ones were in his home base so they're pretty linked to him. EDIT EDIT: And he's riding his oft-rumored Black Gerudo Stallion at the beginning.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Anyway, if we're realistic, then I'd say HW Ganondorf sadly won't be in Smash 4. We're still gonna get Falcondorf.

Curse you Sakurai.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522 Heheh. Ganondorf's new shoes surprisingly resemble those.
@ SchAlternate SchAlternate The glorious locks of power! Will you hear my desire? To use this foul conditioner to blot the dryness forever!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Going by the lego brick shoes, I'd say that's exactly what it is...
it was more the eyes and hair but now that i look at the shoes and think knuckles had two swords in sonic & the black knight and that the jewel looks like the master emerald . i don't think that's ganondorf at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom