• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
They don't have to give reveal trailers for each newcomer. Did R.O.B. get a trailer?

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
My point is that not all the newcomers will have trailers. There doesn't have to be one for Bowser Jr, nor one for Duck Hunt dog. I don't think we will get any more character reveal trailers.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Looks like we have Falcon-dorf back.
We knew that from the leaked Shulk video already though.

They don't have to give reveal trailers for each newcomer. Did R.O.B. get a trailer?
R.O.B is neither a newcomer nor is he confirmed. Brawl didn't have trailers for its newcomers, they were just randomly added on the Dojo.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
How late in development would a game have to be in order for ESRB to be rating it?
I'd assume most of it would be done. Of course fluff could be added after the initial rating.
Brawl didn't have trailers for its newcomers, they were just randomly added on the Dojo.
e3 2006

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Well, I don't know what to say. I'll still play Ganon of course, but this will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. There's no reason for this, none. He shouldn't of even been in Melee if this was to be his fate.

On the brighter side though, we DO have custom move-sets this time around! Maybe this will finally be the chance to make him more unique! A-moves aside of course. I really hope they just changed that freaking up-tilt... please let it be so.

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I want Falcondorf's up-tilt changed. Have you guys seen Project M's? That one's so brutal and satisfying to hit with.

Also Falcondorf still has a chance to be more Ganondorf-like via custom specials a la Palutena.

If Sakurai doesn't go along with it, then Sakurai officially doesn't think having a canonical Ganondorf matters, AND WE SHOULD MOVE ON FROM THAT. It's been 3 games in a row, and If Sakurai still doesn't care then he never will. We should accept that and move on.

Yes, it's unfair that he got the short end of the stick. I still resent that he ever included Ganondorf in Melee to begin with--I suspect that if he left him out of that, then he'd be an awesome, true-to-source-material Ganondorf in Brawl.

But it was not meant to be.

We have no choice but to stop crying about it, since our words are just gonna fall on deaf ears anyway.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
He wasn't revealed before Brawl or Melee. I don't think he is going to get revealed, if he were, it would be along side someone else. But I imagine those cut-scenes take a while to make, with only 15 days left to the Japan release it seems like Shulk is their last reveal trailer.
thing is the Shulk Trailer was prolly the weakest one by far, not just because of the leak just it wasnt as entertaining

I think they need something bigger, to finish it all up.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I want Falcondorf's up-tilt changed. Have you guys seen Project M's? That one's so brutal and satisfying to hit with.

Also Falcondorf still has a chance to be more Ganondorf-like via custom specials a la Palutena.

If Sakurai doesn't go along with it, then Sakurai officially doesn't think having a canonical Ganondorf matters, AND WE SHOULD MOVE ON FROM THAT. It's been 3 games in a row, and If Sakurai still doesn't care then he never will. We should accept that and move on.

Yes, it's unfair that he got the short end of the stick. I still resent that he ever included Ganondorf in Melee to begin with--I suspect that if he left him out of that, then he'd be an awesome, true-to-source-material Ganondorf in Brawl.

We have no choice but to stop crying about it, since our words are just gonna fall on deaf ears anyway.

I agree and it's true, we'll need to just move on and give feedback on Ganondorf to Nintendo and see if they'll consider to do something for the next new smash bros after this one, if we even get that, next time around.

I really hope his U tilt changed, since it breaks the convention of what a U tilt is supposed to do and hopefully his Special are different.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Brawl didn't have trailers for its newcomers, they were just randomly added on the Dojo.
Sonic had a superb trailer that hyped me beyond limits. Just saying.

Well cotinuing with ganondorf. Lets hope he will at least change his Nair and his uptilt.

Please Sakurai... change something!.

It will be beyond cruel if he is a copy paste from brawl with better hitboxes.

It will be EVEN MORE CRUEL...if his alternate moves...are purpleish versions of Cfalcon moves.

I can literally cry in a corner if i see that

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Something interesting here.

Remember what Sakurai said about mirrored characters? How characters are mirrored now unless they have something where handedness is important like boxing (for Mac) or..a weapon. Notice how Ganondorf isn't mirrored

Unless he's not mirrored because of his sword taunt which counts in all fairness lol.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
At the very least, it appears as though he has darkness effects on his up-smash and his down-smash. It might not be the change that everyone was looking for; however, the subtle variations are appreciated.

Ganon I'm betting money will be different

That esrb video is still a beta
Precisely, compare Shulk's game-play in the ESRB video to the trailer, everything was vastly improved. I have no doubt that the darkness effects are just the tip of the iceberg. Albeit, I still highly doubt the whole "replace his whole move-set" mentality as well.

Khao

Smash Lord
Something interesting here.

Remember what Sakurai said about mirrored characters? How characters are mirrored now unless they have something where handedness is important like boxing (for Mac) or..a weapon. Notice how Ganondorf isn't mirrored

Unless he's not mirrored because of his sword taunt which counts in all fairness lol.
It could be because of the Warlock Punch and how you can turn around in the middle of it's animation, the same probably goes for Falcon.

If he had the mirroring feature, he'd have to suddenly switch hands, and since that hand is "charging" the attack, it'd both look and feel awkward as ****.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It could be because of the Warlock Punch and how you can turn around in the middle of it's animation, the same probably goes for Falcon.

If he had the mirroring feature, he'd have to suddenly switch hands, and since that hand is "charging" the attack, it'd both look and feel awkward as ****.
Ah crap good point. Totally forgot about that feature. :V

Welp.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
At the very least, it appears as though he has darkness effects on his up-smash and his down-smash. It might not be the change that everyone was looking for; however, the subtle variations are appreciated.

Precisely, compare Shulk's game-play in the ESRB video to the trailer, everything was vastly improved. I have no doubt that the darkness effects are just the tip of the iceberg. Albeit, I still highly doubt the whole "replace his whole move-set" mentality as well.
isn't the Shulk's ESRB gameplay in the video based on the 3DS version? because the reveal trailer was based on Wii U gameplay.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It looks like the same thing, except, you know, not controlled by a Lvl 1 CPU. He looked like crap in the 3DS leak video because he was played by a crappy computer. None of the characters looked that great in the footage.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Evil always shows up unexpected. It's in the Villain's Handbook. :p

I still wished Ganondorf was more like Twilight Princess, epic swordsman Ganondorf or Ocarina of Time, evil magician Ganondorf. Hyrule Warriors, savage Ganondorf would just cause everyone to explode from sheer awesomeness so it was likely he wouldn't appear since it would mean the epic death of SSB fans. Hopefully Toon Ganon shows up one day in SSB, whichever SSB, that is.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
My point is that not all the newcomers will have trailers. There doesn't have to be one for Bowser Jr, nor one for Duck Hunt dog. I don't think we will get any more character reveal trailers.
If Ridley's in the game, he's friggin' getting a trailer.
Also, Falcon Punch me now because I WANTED DORF TO HAVE HYRULE WARRIORS SWORD-MAGIC!!!!!!
See what I did there, Falcon Punch, Ganonorf clone... You get it.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
If one of Ganondorf's standard attacks changed, and it was not the up tilt, what move would you choose? What would be the new animation? I would change the down aerial. The new animation would show Ganondorf using his flight to perhaps swerve into enemies with his fists. It could resemble the curves which gliding characters perform.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
If one of Ganondorf's standard attacks changed, and it was not the up tilt, what move would you choose? What would be the new animation? I would change the down aerial. The new animation would show Ganondorf using his flight to perhaps swerve into enemies with his fists. It could resemble the curves which gliding characters perform.
Change the jab from a one-and-done punch to a one-and-done backhand instead.

Fits him more, and the hitbox itself doesn't need a whole lot of changing to accommodate the new attack.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that we really are stuck with Falcondorf again, I'm hoping that Sakurai will use customisable movesets to test the waters with new moves. If Falcondorf was the default and had more Ganondorf-y moves for his customs, then Sakurai could use feedback from players to build the best possible Ganondorf for Smash 5. The same could possibly be true for Toon Link. It would also be a way of having both Ganondorf and Falcondorf to please fans of the latter if Sakurai didn't want to put Falcondorf's moveset on another character.

I'm not saying that this will happen, but it's something that could happen and I hope it does.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I think that maybe this cycle will never change. Why?. Simple.
The first time... he had no time to adapt ganondorf like he wanted because of time constraints.

AFter that, every single smash will always have NEW complex characters that will be priority to get done. SInce Ganondorf will never add that "Surprise" effect on anyone anymore... Sakurai just focus in delivering new Content as much as possible. AFter that, then he pays attention to clones etc. Exception to the rules are characters that he love like PIT, or maybe Bowser and ZSS got lucky because they were one of the first things they did when developing SB4. Then they tackled the newcomers and all the content....and when he realized...he was already short on time to create a Ganon from scratch...and since he loves falcondorf anyways.. he said like "well, leave him as it is..".

Ganon will never be changed.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I think that maybe this cycle will never change. Why?. Simple.
The first time... he had no time to adapt ganondorf like he wanted because of time constraints.

AFter that, every single smash will always have NEW complex characters that will be priority to get done. SInce Ganondorf will never add that "Surprise" effect on anyone anymore... Sakurai just focus in delivering new Content as much as possible. AFter that, then he pays attention to clones etc. Exception to the rules are characters that he love like PIT, or maybe Bowser and ZSS got lucky because they were one of the first things they did when developing SB4. Then they tackled the newcomers and all the content....and when he realized...he was already short on time to create a Ganon from scratch...and since he loves falcondorf anyways.. he said like "well, leave him as it is..".

Ganon will never be changed.
And this what really bothers me about Ganondorf and Sakurai, and of course that doesn't mean I don't like what he does with characters and his games, but it just seems that Ganondorf almost always gets the short end of the stick, due to time constraints, and prioritization of other characters.

I love everything else he has done so far, it's just so sad that Ganondorf the character I love will never get a canonical moveset, unlike some other characters which have great canonical movesets, Shulk, Mega Man, and Pac Man etc...

And there was a recent article about Sakurai, and from what I gathered he actually re-creates the movesets from scratch so he thinks that Falcondorf is fine.

Here's to hoping he changes his customs at least, and maybe his U tilt.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Well, even if you recreate the moveset from scratch it's a lot easier to reproduce a character than revamp him.

I'm still holding out for a couple of moves changing that we just haven't seen yet, but I'm not that hopeful..

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

If that is the case, then I'd rather NOT have Ganondorf in these games AT ALL. How he was in Melee, fine. It's tolerable. It's playable. Competitive players like it. But as of now, this is an insult!

Donkey Kong fans tend to complain about how their series gets screwed over, but honestly, I think LoZ suffers even worse. At least DK and Diddy are good and unique. But here, we get two Links that function the same, exact(almost) way, one of the most boring versions of Zelda, a one-shot alter ego/disguise that's surprising the best fighter in the group, and the series primary Big Bad reduce to being a butchered version of an unrelated character from a different franchise(which I also have beefs with), bastardizing the King of Evil in terms of the source material and combat. Being one of the WORSE fighters in Brawl was just adding salt to the wounds.

And this has occurred for over a decade! And Sakurai managed to get away with this? Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion delivered more to its FANS(the best it could) than Smash truly, ever did!

...(sigh) Now, I say thank God(I'm saying this?) for two things: Brawl Hacks & Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I do not see how zelda is the most boring version of her since it's a mix of OoT (the transformation & the spells are based on OoT), Twilight Princess (visual Design & Light Arrow) and Spirit Tracks (The Phantom). The only ones that has anything other interesting (WW & SS) is also the least fitting ones to represent Zelda.
And I wouldn't call getting a one-shot getting in as getting screwed over.

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiBtjpoqsB0 (<leaked footage)

At 1:33 when Ganondorf revives he does a move that I don't recognize. I thought it was his Nair at the beginning but after close inspection it looks like a completely new animation of perhaps for his Up air? what do you guys think.
It is definitely his same old U air, he also does his N air in the video but that footage has it cut out for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom