• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon META Thread : discussions and suggestions go here !

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
At first I was all for the Ganon clone engine idea. but as i kept playing him I relized that my problem was all person skill level and way of playing. I was just being stupid. As much as i would like a projectile and a sword, then the dorf would have to cut back on Power to be balanced. His power makes hime feel like the King of Evil! If his moves are with a sword or a projectile he probly wont have power and there for it won't be the KingDorf!

As for the N-b a fun idea is that warlock punch stays. but if you do the punch in grab range he holds on two you like lucario's force palm. the fun part about it is you can mash buttons to get out of it and that you can mash buttons to keep them in it. so if you get them with it you two start mashing buttons or just the b buttons faster then the other guy. and the higher percent they are the less button mashing is required.

so like at 80 or 90% the butten input is equal. and the lower you go it favers them. so at 30 it would be you would have to hit 3 times asfast as the one your holding. and at 150% they would have to hit it three times as fast to get out. Make the grab range really short so its more rewarding when you actually get it and blast them away.

They could use the forward throw animation and tweak it to warlock punch! BAM!

edit: or you could just make it work like jigs rest.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
(*Note: I posted this on the clone suggestion thread since they were talking about Ganon*)

There is a whole discussion in the Ganondorf thread about his meta game and changes. But I think all the moves/throws that are identical to Falcon can change to fit Ganon better but stay functionally the same (except ! Warlock Punch!) it probably wouldn't upset current Ganon mains (like my self) but a totally unieqe Ganon will be a dream come true! And I would still play Black Shadow for the moveset.

Here are some of my suggestions:

- When they finally change Warlock punch, they can use that animation (with the darkness affect and all) for his F-smash. Win-win

- Imagine Mew2's Up- smash... Good! Now imagine Ganon doing it but it's a strong 2 hits just like his current Up smash, win-win.

Imagine Ganon punching the ground like in OOT, now imagine it looking like Charizard's Down smash but with Electricity affect. It can function just like his current Dsmash as a 2 hit, or it can be changed. Win-win.

The rest of his cloned animations like Bair, Nair, Uair, grab animation and throwing animations, can all be changed to be more sluggish/brutish looking (like Fair and Dair) to fit Ganon better, also added darkness and lightning affect around his limb as he executes his moves would just add an extra flair and establish he is a wizard/magic user further (imagine Fair with a darkness trail like Wizard's Foot, it would be even more badass! Same with electricity around his arm during Bair).

These type of changes would most likely please both LOZ fans and Ganon mains, and if some of the moves can be improved in the process it would be even better (the smash gods know some of them need to be improved). Even with all this said I would still prefer Ganon/Black Shadow idea.

(*Part 2*)

I have a few other ideas, these changes are to make Ganon more unique NOT to change how he plays:

- Up Special: instead of grabbing the opponent like C. Falcon he can do a sort of a bear hug and possibly laugh maniacally while electrocuting the enemy. Also when Ganon blasts the opponent away and he gets "pushed back" the animation should look unique, currently its like CF's its very nimble and even a bit elegant. A more brutish animation showing Ganon's power/cockiness would fit better. Also his uppercut at the end should get a darkness trail affect, just so it feels more like a magical attack.

- Down Special: Now Wizard's Kick is amazing! And should not change functionally (unless its for the better lol) but aesthetically its very similar to Falcon Kick. Maybe instead of a kick, Ganon glides forward the opponent with his arm stretched in front of him palm open, at the end of his palm a darkness wave or ball is found and the darkness trail emits from the tip of it. This keeps the move the same but changes it aesthetics. (*Note* this move is on the bottom of my list that needs an aesthetic change, all his other cloned moves should be changed first)

- Bair: Currently Ganon has his left fist stretched out and his other tucked next to his chest, while his feet are crossed, this move looks way to nimble for Ganon. Instead his tucked right fist can be changed to having his elbow out and his hand open facing downwards, also his feet would be apart instead of crossed.

I have made "drawings" of my suggested animation and/or move changes, its not amazing since i had to draw it with a mouse but i think it gets the point across for those that have a hard time imagining it, also pay attention to the way his back, hands, arms and legs look in some of the pics, the hand are more open and the arms and legs are more spread apart while his back is more slouched forward in Up B, all to fit Ganondorf's character better. Same type of "style" could be applied to how his grab animation and throw animations look as well.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s899.photobucket.com/user/Muzumush/embed/slideshow/Ganondorf move ideas"></iframe>

The more I think about these potential changes the more I want to see them happen lol.

Last edited:

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Not going to lie, I could get behind some of that. I am a complete Fistganon diehard; I completely respect and appreciate the feeling that he does not seem fit as a Cfalc clone, but... as Uriel put it, this is surprisingly effective at showing what Ganondorf is: power. Part of the sheer brutality of his is possible because of the drawbacks, such as range, that his whole moveset entails. I wouldn't change it much functionally; certainly I wouldn't trade his pain train for the world.

That said, it doesn't mean he HAS to look like Cfalc doing it. Do you know who'd be a good influence if someone were to just say "Ya know what, lets just change whatever, no questions asked"? M Bison. Dude is probably one of the most classic and yet well thought out depictions of someone fighting with powers helping. You even made me think of it with your dSpec suggestion, which makes it sound like a Psycho Crusher. Otherwise, I could totally see Dorf getting some inspiration there and elsewhere to become more of a unique looking character. Because lets face it, he may be a "clone"... but really his actual gameplay is so distinct from CFalc as to be fine on his own. All he needs is to not look the part.

For anyone who has trouble with him not using a sword or magic: first, more magical effects wouldn't hurt. Second... I honestly headcanon'd Dorf being an awesome brawler. Like, he doesn't "show" it in his appearances, but somehow I think him swinging like a beast is not all that unfitting of his character or power. Just food for thought.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Not going to lie, I could get behind some of that. I am a complete Fistganon diehard; I completely respect and appreciate the feeling that he does not seem fit as a Cfalc clone, but... as Uriel put it, this is surprisingly effective at showing what Ganondorf is: power. Part of the sheer brutality of his is possible because of the drawbacks, such as range, that his whole moveset entails. I wouldn't change it much functionally; certainly I wouldn't trade his pain train for the world.

That said, it doesn't mean he HAS to look like Cfalc doing it. Do you know who'd be a good influence if someone were to just say "Ya know what, lets just change whatever, no questions asked"? M Bison. Dude is probably one of the most classic and yet well thought out depictions of someone fighting with powers helping. You even made me think of it with your dSpec suggestion, which makes it sound like a Psycho Crusher. Otherwise, I could totally see Dorf getting some inspiration there and elsewhere to become more of a unique looking character. Because lets face it, he may be a "clone"... but really his actual gameplay is so distinct from CFalc as to be fine on his own. All he needs is to not look the part.

For anyone who has trouble with him not using a sword or magic: first, more magical effects wouldn't hurt. Second... I honestly headcanon'd Dorf being an awesome brawler. Like, he doesn't "show" it in his appearances, but somehow I think him swinging like a beast is not all that unfitting of his character or power. Just food for thought.
I totally agree man. As much as I want a totally original Ganon, I do love the way he plays and feels currently. I just think he should look different to C. Falcon that's why I designed those possible changes to not affect any gameplay but just so they look different and more canon friendly.

I can also see Ganon slugging it around, I just don't want it to look so nimble and frankly sometimes even... elegant! main offenders here being Up smash and Nair, but fsmash and Dsmash also look out of place and a lot of other tiny changes could be made like I outlined before. Less kicking and less nimble looking moves and more wild brutish swings of his fist with magical effects is the main idea here.

P.s I did think a bit of M. Bison while I was drawing those pics :)

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Makes sense. I would like to make sure it isn't too brutish either, though; I see him as pretty much as dirty boxer/street brawler. Hmm... I bet he'd be a good fit for fighting like Superman from IGAU. Or... actually, Black Adam would be perfect for him. No, like... perfect. Wow could I see Ganondorf act like Adam does in that game. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, look up a match or two on Youtube. It isn't like "HULK SMASH", but alot of his moves look very... haughty. In a way that seems perfect for Ganondorf.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Makes sense. I would like to make sure it isn't too brutish either, though; I see him as pretty much as dirty boxer/street brawler. Hmm... I bet he'd be a good fit for fighting like Superman from IGAU. Or... actually, Black Adam would be perfect for him. No, like... perfect. Wow could I see Ganondorf act like Adam does in that game. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, look up a match or two on Youtube. It isn't like "HULK SMASH", but alot of his moves look very... haughty. In a way that seems perfect for Ganondorf.
I watched the trailer of black Adam form IGAU. 1- the game looks really cool. 2- I see exactly what you mean, I think that type of haughty and semi-brutish type of animations for Ganon would fit very nice. Also When I say brutish I don't mean like "caveman" or "gorilla" looking. It just needs to; 1- not look like C. Falcon's animations 2- not look nimble or elegant 3- not look like Ganon is so flexible ruins the feel for me honestly.

Last edited:

Urielhelix

Smash Cadet
- Up Special: instead of grabbing the opponent like C. Falcon he can do a sort of a bear hug and possibly laugh maniacally while electrocuting the enemy. Also when Ganon blasts the opponent away and he gets "pushed back" the animation should look unique, currently its like CF's its very nimble and even a bit elegant. A more brutish animation showing Ganon's power/cockiness would fit better. Also his uppercut at the end should get a darkness trail affect, just so it feels more like a magical attack.
I really like this one! Just the thougt of bear hugging the guy, and the look of smashing there rib cage makes me want to go do it to some one! And i would prefer to do it in a game. XD

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Not sure what it'd look like to hug DK or squirtle with the same animation though.
That's true, but I know Snake "hugs" big and small guys in his grab animation so it can work. Either way it's all just ideas.

Rothyn

Smash Rookie
So I am of the opinion that Ganon's Warlock Punch should be (nearly) removed. My idea is to give him a "berserker mode" to replace it with:

The idea is that as Ganon takes damage he builds up evil aura passively, similarly to Lucario who deals damage for aura. Now instead of shooting a ball or other move, Ganon uses A + B to activate Berserker Mode. In this Berserker mode Ganon gets increased movespeed, slightly altered abilities with new aura effects, and a cool demonic aura. The thing is, Ganon also would greatly benefit from a way to deal with projectiles, so i Incorporated it as well. His non-berserker Neutral - B would channel a black hole that absorbs projectiles, adding projectiles absorbed towards his new passive. It would not charge up immediately, but rather take a while and be used a maximum of once per life. This berserker mode would last about 15-20 seconds and boost his abilities as follows:

1. Faster running - aura around his feet make him sort of glide across the ground rapidly
2. Upgraded side B - side B would conjure a large hand as he dashes out like he normally does that would grab at an extra range as well as multiple people (for those who still play as a party)
3. Neutral B - A. non berserker neutral B would absorb projectiles and use them to help add up the passive aura
B. Berserker neutral B would be a fast Warlock Punch with lower damage, but including a projectile similar to what was done in the sword mod.
4. Nair - A. non-berserker Nair would be replaced with a quick low range shock wave that knocks back enemies.
B. Berserker Nair would be a vortex that draws in enemies for further combos
5. A combo - Berserker mode would have a Neutral A sword combo that would consist of summoning his sword from the void and then discarding it after the combo.
6. General range extension - All preexisting attacks would have larger hit boxes that are amplified by aura
7. Down B - A. Berserker mode's down B would be sending out a clone that does a sword slash while on the ground.
B. Berserker mode's aerial down B would activate much faster and would send out a short distance clone forward who would do and upwards sword stroke.

TL;DR Ganon's Warlock Punch replaced with projectile absorbing black hole. Ganon also gains a passive that lets him go Super Sayan for a short period.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Teluoborg mentioned putting my idea on this thread, so I'll just elaborate on it here.

So, ever heard of what Lex Luthor did in Injustice? His special ability was clicking some buttons and getting persistent armor that lasts until the next time he got hit. What if...Ganon had that instead of Neutral B. It'd vastly shift the dynamic of a few match-ups by allowing him to force approaches and get more safe options against projectiles and pressure.

There's a few ways to go about how this 'Dark Aura Armor' would work. You could have it so that charging the neutral b longer grants more degrees of knockback resistance. A brief swig of armor could resist a tilt at a low percent, and a bit longer could resist more. The other option is to have it resist any hit, but restrict the netural B use through a cooldown. Either could work.

There'd be loads of situations where this move could create interesting situations, as well as plenty of things that could easily defeat it as to not create some lopsided dynamic which would break Ganon.
On the negatives of it, it would vanish on any hits, including a few brief hits of Fox Lasers, making Ganon still vulnerable to multi-hit; which is fair. Ganon shouldn't have a end all be all to projectiles and pressure.

But! It'd make Flame Choke and Aerial trades even better. Armor up, throw the Flame Choke and now you have 2 sets of armor, Aura+Grab armor. Aerial trades lead to you out right winning with no need to recover.

Lastly, it creates a new dynamic against characters who don't hold good projectiles. For them, the easiest way to defeat the aura is to grab Ganon, and approaching Ganon is a scary proposition.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So, after some salty sets where I was playing against Ganon, I had a brilliant idea. Anyone remember Lex Luthor and his power in injustice? Why doesn't Ganon replace his neutral b with a dark aura that shields him from the knock back of the next attack. It'd be pretty Ganon like, Grant him a useful out to some forms of pressure and projectiles. Mind you, it'd probably be best with a cool down, or gash that'd be broke.
Pretty good idea from King of Hoboz, the cooldown on it should be something like ROB's laser :
-full charge (20s) = Heavy armor
-early charge (3s ?) = Light armor
-under 3s = nothing

I think it's really good because it gives Ganon a tool that cover his two biggest weaknesses (projectiles and juggling) without being overpowered, since you get a chance to not suffer camping but still get the percents from being hit, so you still have to be on the offensive.
Well it could be OP, but it can be tuned simply by changing the charging time and the duration of the armor.

Practically speaking I guess it could be like that :
-The animation doesn't change, it's still a regular warlock punch BUT you can interrupt it during the startup (jump cancel ? shield cancel ? simply releasing B ? idk)
-When you gain your armor coating (temporary name lol) Ganon should get a visual cue, like flash in dark purple or something that lets the players know that he'll tank the next hit
-The duration of the armor coating shouldn't be too long (maybe 3-4s)

Edit : oh got ninja'd lol

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
^ I really like the "Dark Armor" idea. I think the animation should be different to Warlock Punch mainly because I want that animation for his new F-smash (see my earlie posts about my ideas for unique animations for him) maybe him raising his fist and the Triforce glowing while charging/activating it would work. Also maybe in the air it could add a little "hover" kinda of like Marth's Down B just so Ganon can use it off stage to help him recover, especially against edge guarding. Also it ahould probably be pretty instant just so Ganon isn't wide open after he used it.

Kati

Smash Lord
Melee gerudu dragon jank
On page three I brought up the gerudu dragon making a return. Now that I've had time to play with Kirby's horizontal cutter, I just want to add that perhaps Gerudu Dragon could be added without taking away any other move. Just as Kirby's cutter is ^B followed by a < or > input, Gerudu Dragon could be >B followed by a V (downwards) input. Making him go low enough to the ground or having funky melee z axis stuff would give him another option to bypass projectile camping.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I think neutral b should surround him in magic and give him a slight mobility buff.

Mandew

Smash Rookie
I have a question.

My friends and I often play Project M. We're not quite top-level competitors (far from it), but I estimate us "better than average".

Now, I recently picked up Ganondorf, and I like how he plays a lot. We play online (because we live like, provinces and states apart). Now, I learned how to L-cancel, but I don't use it a whole lot because input delay makes it slightly hard to use while online and my mind doesn't actually think about it while we play yet.

Anyways, my friends think Ganondorf is really powerful, maybe even Over-Powered, for the level of play we are at. I see where they are coming from, since dude is really strong and pretty quick, all things considered.

I don't doubt that Ganondorf is balanced for top-level players, but in the case of me and my friends, would Ganondorf seem too good of a character?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I have a question.

My friends and I often play Project M. We're not quite top-level competitors (far from it), but I estimate us "better than average".

Now, I recently picked up Ganondorf, and I like how he plays a lot. We play online (because we live like, provinces and states apart). Now, I learned how to L-cancel, but I don't use it a whole lot because input delay makes it slightly hard to use while online and my mind doesn't actually think about it while we play yet.

Anyways, my friends think Ganondorf is really powerful, maybe even Over-Powered, for the level of play we are at. I see where they are coming from, since dude is really strong and pretty quick, all things considered.

I don't doubt that Ganondorf is balanced for top-level players, but in the case of me and my friends, would Ganondorf seem too good of a character?
Well obviously his attacks are really strong, maybe he rushes in mindlessly and youre just punishing him with powerfull attacks

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I have a question.

Give it time. Once they figure out how to punish your junk, Ganon is entirely manageable. The best way to get them over it is to just keep playing the character until they figure it out. Until then, just enjoy the free Flame Chokes, fairs, dairs, and such or whatever you're getting away with.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I have a question.

i'm going to assume you're good at spacing retreating fairs and he doesn't know how to tech flame choke consistently, so you can get a lot of free hits in? that seems to be how things work at lower levels, and if ganon gets free hits in, they're gonna have a bad time.

try to pay attention to what he's doing so that you can try to tell him "no, just don't do [xxxx] because i slam jam you every time. and speaking of, once you get slammed, you gotta tech or else you're going to be welcomed to the jam."

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ganon seems overpowered at mid and low levels of play is because he hits like a truck with moves that cover a large area, so if you try to fight him directly you'll get beaten.
If your friends don't give up they'll notice that beside that huge offensive power Ganon is only decent, even lacking in other areas (especially defense, mobility and recovery).

So if your habit is to only go foward then yes Ganon is OP, else he's completely ok, even weak compared to some characters.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Ganon seems overpowered at mid and low levels of play is because he hits like a truck with moves that cover a large area, so if you try to fight him directly you'll get beaten.
If your friends don't give up they'll notice that beside that huge offensive power Ganon is only decent, even lacking in other areas (especially defense, mobility and recovery).

So if your habit is to only go foward then yes Ganon is OP, else he's completely ok, even weak compared to some characters.
Your 100% right.
Which is unfortunate for us Ganon players. I'm really excited to see what the PMBR has planed for Ganon since a member of theirs ("Shell" I believe) said he is gonna focus on Ganon for the next update. I just hope they make him unique (at least aesthetically) and do something to have him come out of low/mid tier, he deserves it.

Bazkip

Smash Master
On page three I brought up the gerudu dragon making a return. Now that I've had time to play with Kirby's horizontal cutter, I just want to add that perhaps Gerudu Dragon could be added without taking away any other move. Just as Kirby's cutter is ^B followed by a < or > input, Gerudu Dragon could be >B followed by a V (downwards) input. Making him go low enough to the ground or having funky melee z axis stuff would give him another option to bypass projectile camping.
The topic of Ganon/Falcon's Side-B's going under projectiles in Melee came up at one point in the Apex commentary and I recall Vanguard saying that "[...] it's not in Project M, yet". Of course this is simply a comment made offhand so it's best not to read into it too much, but hey, maybe.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
The topic of Ganon/Falcon's Side-B's going under projectiles in Melee came up at one point in the Apex commentary and I recall Vanguard saying that "[...] it's not in Project M, yet". Of course this is simply a comment made offhand so it's best not to read into it too much, but hey, maybe.
lol, yeah, but ya know someone always will. :p

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i feel it must be a pain to try and balance ganon because even the slightest buff in speed, defense, or recovery (i dont think he needs any offensive improvents, in terms of power) can easily push him to op levels. i really hope that if he receives any further buffs that wont come at too drastic a cost for balancing purposes

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
The only thing I can particularly think of is that I wish that Side-B snapped to the ledge sooner. Maybe that option to use Gerudo Dragon by holding down A+B too? I can't think of any buffs i'd ask for off-hand, definitely nothing drastic.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Is Gerudo Dragon/Flame Choke enough of a mixup to be interesting as-is? I'd really like to see a timing mixup before the dash on his side-B as well. He could really use an option like that in midair (I.e. throwing off Mario's cape).

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
What do you guys think should replace Ganon's neutralb? What would help his game more, a projectile, a counter, a shine...
I don't play Ganon too often, but I feel like I have a basic understanding of his character. In my opinion, Ganon needs something to combat projectiles that doesn't stop him dead in his tracks.

Also, opinions on him getting a sword mode? Personally, I think it would be a waste of time and just convolute his simple playstyle, but maybe this is because I really have no idea how it could be handled. If people really want to see him use his sword, I think that some of his lesser used moves (fsmash, neutralb, dsmash, etc.) could be reworked to incorporate it.

Suggesting changes to Ganon is soooo weird because I don't think he is bad at all and I really enjoy him the way he is now, it's just that compared the other characters he just doesn't shine. :urg:
what if his neutral b gave him some absorption barrier (dark flame aura) for a flat 1.5-2 seconds that only ate projectiles that do about 10% or lower.
it could either just eat the knockback or nullify the damage, id be happy with either.
the animation could look similar in length and style to the end of his up taunt where he flexes wildly as if enraged or something. i feel it would give him an edge against those annoying yiffing Starfox characters, yet let something like a crack shot samus with a full charge still have the satisfaction of nuking you across stage.

wishful thinking. nobody loves the dorf like i do. :(

that being said i feel as though im the only person on the planet to attempt and successfully land a ganon punch resulting in a kill in a brawl tournament, even if it was mostly luck. lol.

Last edited:

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I can particularly think of is that I wish that Side-B snapped to the ledge sooner. Maybe that option to use Gerudo Dragon by holding down A+B too? I can't think of any buffs i'd ask for off-hand, definitely nothing drastic.
I've posted this idea several times to harsh criticism.

I think it would be a really great tool on-stage to mix up against people who jump away from the choke.

At the same time, I'd like it if the area was slightly bigger than in melee (Not much, mind you)

And I was thinking something along the lines of holding B when you do it.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I like the idea of holding B; it's simpler.
And for all its tournament uselessnesss, I just don't see dropping Warlock Punch since it's fun to joke around with. However, I can see them getting rid of the aerial version for a "get off me" move, like a burst of dark energy around him.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
And for all its tournament uselessnesss, I just don't see dropping Warlock Punch since it's fun to joke around with. However, I can see them getting rid of the aerial version for a "get off me" move, like a burst of dark energy around him.
i find the only time you have a hope of making contact with it is by initiating it in the air to travel while charging it though :(

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
It's not even about tournament play, even in casual play it's just a horrible move and it plain doesn't fit nor help Ganon's move set in anyway. Yeah it might be fun to land (if you ever do...) but I'm sure a unique move designed by te PMBR would be even more fun to use/land.

I think his Warlock Punch animation (darkness effect and all) should replace his Fsmash animation. By doing this he gets a unique to him fsmash and he sort of "keeps" warlock punch but it would be useful now. He totally should receive a unique N Special. What ever it may be it would be better than what he has now.

Your "darkness burst" idea is quite interesting though. Maybe it could just be both grounded and aerial and it be like Fox's and Flaco's reflector. BUT it would absorb the projectiles not reflect them. It could be good as a "get off of me move" like Fox's shine and would help Ganon deal with projectiles. But unlike the reflector you can't hold it maybe something along the lines of Zelda's B type of timing.

Chaloopy

Smash Rookie
I'd prefer it if they buffed Ganon and C. Falcon by upgrading what they're already known for, and not trying to remove their downsides. I'd rather just have them be better at what they're good at. Making a bunch of characters that are just all around good could very easily back fire on PM. Sure you can have a few, but keep the projectile-less badasses as double edged swords.

What they really ought to do is make Ganon more powerful than Bowser again. Buff all his moves' percentile damage or knockback a little bit. Boom, balance.

I do like the idea of switching his fsmash to Warlock punch, for stylistic reasons.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
I think his Warlock Punch animation (darkness effect and all) should replace his Fsmash animation. By doing this he gets a unique to him fsmash and he sort of "keeps" warlock punch but it would be useful now. He totally should receive a unique N Special. What ever it may be it would be better than what he has now.
I've never been more aroused by a collection of words than i am now =O

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
These are some pretty fun ideas. I'm trying to picture what sound files would be used for a WP fsmash (an edited shorter version?) and a dark burst (probably his "Ha!" sound).

At the same time, just had to say I really miss his sword victory pose from Melee. Who else wants to bring that back? Not a sword moveset, just the pose and taunt. I haven't seen much in victory pose changes compared to Minus (which had badass customs like Falcon shaking his head and wagging his finger at the screen). Let's see something more befitting the King!

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
These are some pretty fun ideas. I'm trying to picture what sound files would be used for a WP fsmash (an edited shorter version?) and a dark burst (probably his "Ha!" sound).

At the same time, just had to say I really miss his sword victory pose from Melee. Who else wants to bring that back? Not a sword moveset, just the pose and taunt. I haven't seen much in victory pose changes compared to Minus (which had badass customs like Falcon shaking his head and wagging his finger at the screen). Let's see something more befitting the King!
always loved that sword pose (and holding X or Y or whatever it was to get it every time). and i could easily do a fade-in of the current warlock punch audio file that cuts the first second of gurgling off, so its just a clean "HAAaaAAaahhhhggh!"

Top Bottom