• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U GameXPlain is uploading gameplay clips of Smash Wii U!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well that was to keep it so players could be ko'd down there. we all know how annoying it is when you can't KO someone because you're in some place with a ceiling
Those danger zones make it so that even the weakest fighters can score easy KOs though. In a competitive environment, there can't be ANY environmental hazards of any kind.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Loving the music of Great Cave Offensive, but man, it might just be the worst stage in the series, and that's saying a lot considering Mario Bros.

WuHu Island looks like a decent Counterpick.

Jungle Hijinks looks like it will most likely be legal/CP, can definitely tell they tried to prevent camping on the stage.

Kalos League looks like it'll need testing, but I can see it being autobanned in conservative lists. Am surprised Cynthia's Theme is not as epic sounding as I'd thought it'd be, am hearing a lot of violin and piano.

Wrecking Crew looks interesting. It's great that the bombs aren't a hazard. Hopefully it turns out good.

Orbital Gate and Mario Circuit both look confusing, those backgrounds are disorienting. Not sure what to make of either.
I think we should definitely give Orbital Gate, Mario Circuit, and Wrecking Crew a chance before a final decision. I am indifferent to Wuhu Island and Jungle Hijinks though.

I agree with you on GCO, that stage is a little too much, even for casual play.

justaway12

Smash Master
Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
True but we have unnecessary chaos everywhere. Mario Circuit and Wrecking Crew might actually be playable but they don't particularly look it and the rest are a no go. I was hoping the Wii U would bring us better options than the 3DS.
You're kidding right? Jungle Hijinx, Orbital Gate, Wuhu Island, Pilotwings and Kalos League all look perfectly playable.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I know we're speaking of tourney play, but chaos? Unnecessary? What are you doing with your life?

And I thought hazards were supposed to be manageable and predictable, nonexistent wasn't supposed to be a hard requirement, right? (That said, I understand why GCO is a bad idea for anything that's not 4 vs. 4.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some people just don't consider the Omega Form stages to be viable for competitive play. Remember, Little Mac is pretty much a beast on those types of stages, but he's less effective on stages with platforms, as his aerial game is terrible.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Some people just don't consider the Omega Form stages to be viable for competitive play. Remember, Little Mac is pretty much a beast on those types of stages, but he's less effective on stages with platforms, as his aerial game is terrible.
The simple solution would be to ban Little Mac. Why ban every flat stage because of one character?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You're kidding right? Jungle Hijinx, Orbital Gate, Wuhu Island, Pilotwings and Kalos League all look perfectly playable.
I would love all those.

Jungle Hijinx seems fine to me.

Orbital Gate would be an issue, as you can die if you don't respond quick enough.

Wu Hu island/ has Walk Offs most likely, plus swimming/drowning.

Pilotwings looks great to me.

Kalos League has actually damaging capabilities.

One could argue that stages that have characters stop fighting to focus on another aspect of the game (getting up on the top platform to avoid damage after taking off on WuHu Island, Orbital Gate.)

I can already see someone complaining that it wasn't fair the stage took off because he was in landing lag from a down air and couldn't react quickly enough.

(Personally, I would just argue that's his own fault for attempting the move after its been clearly noted the stage is going to move/change.)

I'm all for these stages though, but those will most likely be the argument.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I would love all those.

Jungle Hijinx seems fine to me.

Orbital Gate would be an issue, as you can die if you don't respond quick enough.

Wu Hu island/ has Walk Offs most likely, plus swimming/drowning.

Pilotwings looks great to me.

Kalos League has actually damaging capabilities.

One could argue that stages that have characters stop fighting to focus on another aspect of the game (getting up on the top platform to avoid damage after taking off on WuHu Island, Orbital Gate.)

I can already see someone complaining that it wasn't fair the stage took off because he was in landing lag from a down air and couldn't react quickly enough.

(Personally, I would just argue that's his own fault for attempting the move after its been clearly noted the stage is going to move/change.)

I'm all for these stages though, but those will most likely be the argument.
Halberd's a counterpick on most Brawl stagelists, so I don't see the problem with super-predictable hazards like Kalos League's or Mario Circuit 8, and Orbital Gate's moving ships don't seem to ever hurt anyone, so I don't see the problem.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Halberd's a counterpick on most Brawl stagelists, so I don't see the problem with super-predictable hazards like Kalos League's or Mario Circuit 8, and Orbital Gate's moving ships don't seem to ever hurt anyone, so I don't see the problem.
If you watch the video game explain posted if the stage, Greninja dies early on because the ships start moving off and he catch up to them. Sure Halbred and Mario Kart are easy enough to predict, Orbital Gate is somewhat like Poke Floats. The platforms move off the stage, can suddenly pull away or drop, etc.

I'm fine with all stages, I'm just saying that could raise concern with some.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
Haven't seen anyone know if you can create miis in the wii u version too or is it just the 3ds and can export?

Top Bottom