• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If that's the case, then we should to singles first and the people who don't wanna do doubles could just leave :/ I just don't want doubles to be out completely cause they are really fun.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
yea, doubles are awesome and serve a great change of pace... i nvr found half as many talented ppl as i found here (Lame, i kno, xD). Its fun for SKILLED doubles, not really scrub beat downs... im bringin my money for it, who else? n payton: wats ur wifi brawl info? I'd team with u again but a bit of practice would be nice

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
yea, doubles are awesome and serve a great change of pace... i nvr found half as many talented ppl as i found here (Lame, i kno, xD). Its fun for SKILLED doubles, not really scrub beat downs... im bringin my money for it, who else? n payton: wats ur wifi brawl info? I'd team with u again but a bit of practice would be nice
I'm not sure if I can make the doubles this time, cause I need money for the Play N Trade tourney. I wanna go even if it's a bad experience >.> But I'll have to count mah moolah and I'll get back to you.
My FC: 3995-6174-9620
Online name: Kack

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I personally, would be fine not doing Doubles next week. After Waba I'm a bit on the short side in terms of moneys. I'm not a fan of Doubles anyway, to be frank.

I'll definitely be doing the PnT one, hopefully.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I wish I could've gone to waba, but there was a inconvinience (sp?) in the time and place >.>

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So, to be sure, who all THINKS there going to the PnT tourney? Since i moved from IL about 2 months ago, i don't really kno my way around, and i get off work at 3 MAYBE, and idk if they'll allow that for me to still enter, you know? I know that if you stay on 160, it get you to charlotte south.. (target and ect)

If enough ppl are actually going to do the Gamer's Edge tourney, i might do just that. If enough ppl are trying to do the PnT and i can probably still enter it, im gonna try that one. But both? will time allow that? If the pot is that huge, do we really have time to even feasably still do both or is it really "choose one"?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm going to the PnT tourney, and why don't you mapquest it? I'm still going to the Gamers Edge tourney too, but if I don't win the PnT tourney, I won't be able to do doubles :/ If I have money left over I'll help you pay to go to the Gamers Edge one. And about you getting there on time, There is one person who has the same problem, except with school. And Sushi-Man said if he can make it there within the first matches, they'd PROBZLY let him in, if not, stay for friendlies.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, im game. If i can figure how to get my fiancee to work at 1:30, i can keep the car and go, and hopefully make it to enter. I think i have the money, but thanks. I know how to get there for me, take 77 northbound, and get of on exit 6A, take a right, and i'll see it sooner or later, near the walgreens my gf's sis's husband work's at on South Blvd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGaUXMuD1WE&feature=related
Fear teh good Sonic... lol couldn't resist

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I've got work Friday afternoon, so unless I can get out of it, I probably won't make it to the PNT tournament--they're usually terrible, anyway.

Will be there for the GE tourney, however.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
For some reason unbeknownst, i thought they were both Thursday,,, I work 2:30 to close Friday, and i have a shortstaffed depatrment. Gamer's Edge it is, lol. Maybe next time there is a bigger tourney, i can request it off (like Waba...)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, as it stands, no. I work at Walgreens in Fort Mill, and i open tom with the 2nd Store manager aka schedule maker. Im going to ask, but i will likley get a "no".

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Waba is soooo far away. It was an awesome tourney, but I am unsure if I'll be going again.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
There was another tourney I wanted to go to that day but it didn't matter siice my dad had to work :(

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, i never was able to play "competitivley" before, and really i've been in two tourney's now. I can't really see myself traversing the US of A to enter Brawl tourneys, car pooling with cool ppl and general hanging out/ having fun with it, i can.

If i would have tagged up with you guys, or i had driven with you all, so i knew ppl, it probably would have been a blast, otherwise.. i doubt it, xD

Btw, how was that tourney anyway? how did you all fair there? And had i gone, how do you think i would have?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I got 6th, Devin got something like... 8th? Dagani / Eric / Decoy got like... 18th or something. He had some tough matchups.

My first fight was an effing RoB main, just my luck.

If I do still go to Waba, it might be like a bi-monthly thing.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm guessing this means you'll be comming to the next tourney?
EDIT: I just wanna get some stuff straight. Did the price go up for the pot or not?
Will we be doing cash doubles?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm guessing this means you'll be comming to the next tourney?
EDIT: I just wanna get some stuff straight. Did the price go up for the pot or not?
Will we be doing cash doubles?
Price won't go up this week, but it will the next. We've got to let everyone know ahead of time.

If you want to do cash doubles, bring the money--if enough people are willing to pay this time, then we'll do it, if not... no more doubles, ever ;(

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Price won't go up this week, but it will the next. We've got to let everyone know ahead of time.

If you want to do cash doubles, bring the money--if enough people are willing to pay this time, then we'll do it, if not... no more doubles, ever ;(
SAVE THE DOUBLES *breaks his piggy bank* I'll bring mon3h :D

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Doubles are just so... bleh to me.

I, personally won't be participating in the doubles.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
For only five dollars a week, you can save the starving Doubles *see a completly nub doubles match, suicide, spamage, ect*

With your donation of $5, and mine included, we can save at least one *A good match for doubles, full of high level play, set ups, combo's, team set ups, ect*

Please... dont wait, call now

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea, im ready to go, lol :)
Oh, Kack, you say you play on wifi a lot, right? want to play some matches later tonight? i get off work at 10:30, and i plan on playing from maybe 11-3am, seeing as im off tomorrow. Just let me know if you add me and leave your info as well. Same to anyone who'd like to play my sonic and learn him a bit better, lol :) (meaning more challenge come thrursday...)
0087-2046-6290 JMAN

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o sorry I didn't read this sooner Jman, but I can't play ATM :( I'll probably not be able to play tonight-this morning

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
It really was more of a "sometime" type thing.

Not that im fishing for friends in the area... but im fishing for friends in the area, lol :p My friends list is Midwest based... so i really have... 4-5 ppl that i can really play, and resort to random gamefaqs matches otherwise.... consistent friends are what i was looking for again

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Just a heads up, there is a fair chance the PnT tourney will be decent, we know the store manager and have been trying to convince him to go with the SBR rule set and not some random stuff just pulled out of nowhere. And, when I start working there for real, the tournaments will be run properly, I can promise that.

And I'm hyped up as well Kack. I can't wait to play against someone other than Brandon again. And since I quit my job to go to Waba and haven't had any form of work all week, I've been practicing quite a bit this week.

Oh, and henceforth, would anyone be against pushing the start time back a bit? My classes start next week and on Thursdays I'll be stuck at Winthrop until 6:30ish and then have to drive to GamersEdge. This won't be a problem if the doubles continue, but if they don't, and I have to miss the weeklies for a semester, I'll be sad.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Just a heads up, there is a fair chance the PnT tourney will be decent, we know the store manager and have been trying to convince him to go with the SBR rule set and not some random stuff just pulled out of nowhere. And, when I start working there for real, the tournaments will be run properly, I can promise that.

And I'm hyped up as well Kack. I can't wait to play against someone other than Brandon again. And since I quit my job to go to Waba and haven't had any form of work all week, I've been practicing quite a bit this week.

Oh, and henceforth, would anyone be against pushing the start time back a bit? My classes start next week and on Thursdays I'll be stuck at Winthrop until 6:30ish and then have to drive to GamersEdge. This won't be a problem if the doubles continue, but if they don't, and I have to miss the weeklies for a semester, I'll be sad.
If we continue doing doubles, you shouldn't miss the singles.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:( I might not be able to make this tourney.
My brother is going to his college class or w/e My mom has to work, and I don't have a ride.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Def, but idk if A): he'll read this in time
B): He'll get the ok from his parents (im pretty much a stranger, lol
C): I can get there: im new to this general area, and kinna know fort mill, and thats about it

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I live on the Border of SC/NC in charlotte.
I asked my parents if I couldget a ride with one of you and they said they'd have to talk to you first... but they are at work :/
it's about 10 minutes from the GEC place

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Umm... i would honestly try to talk with them, but i really have no idea in the world where that is, and i don't have my cell phone with me either.... sorry dude... :(

I mean... in Charlotte, i only kno how to go up 160 straight, and it gets you to charlotte South, which is where best buy, target, Harris Teeter, ect are... if you can get in contact with or give me a way to get there from one of those landmarks, i may be able to... maybe, :/

Top Bottom