• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I can probably come to this tourney. Got a few questions:
1) When does singles start and end?
2) How many people usually come to this tourney?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I love the TC. Great cash prizes :-p.

Clemson crew will probably make a couple of these... so uhh subscribed.

Edit: Any chance the buy in would be raised. With a 5 dollar buy in winning first would be unlikely to cover gas money. Maybe like have a once a month tournament with more money.
The 5 dollar entry fee was more or less an arbitrary amount set last Thursday. For all I care, majority rule decides what the fee is.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I can probably come to this tourney. Got a few questions:
1) When does singles start and end?
2) How many people usually come to this tourney?
1) After doubles which starts at 6:00, soooooo I'd guess around 6:45 or sometime around that
2) about 15 I'd say

Lareit

Smash Ace
Just a heads up for the people who may come due to this thread. The double's thing is something new we're going to try. If the turnout is weak we may just do a fun doubles(no additional fee or reward) or scratch it entirely.

This is primarily a single's tournament.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm not sure if I'm gonna do doubles :/ I've never been that much of a doubles player, but if I do play, It'd have to be Kirby. The one time I ever played doubles with good people, I owned with Kirby. But I might be Yoshi or Falcon just cuz :/

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Although the tourney starts at 6, do you guys come earlier for "practice"?
Most of us get there around 5-5:30'ish. Doubles will start before singles at six o'clock, after doubles, singles will start immediately (we don't want to be there all night).

The entrance fee for singles is $5 and the entrance fee for doubles is $10 ($5 each), and then there's the $5 door fee. Each event will be best of three, with finals (loser's, winner's, grand) being best of five--payout is 70/20/10.

There's usually a large difference in the amount of people that show up each week, we've had anywhere from 15-30, but hoping for more this week since there's cash involved.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I usually come at 6 cuz that's when my dad gets home from work (If he has to work that day.)
Even though I can just walk there >.> If someone who can drive is home tommorow, I'll try to come at 5:00

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Thanks guys. I guess I get there at 5:30ish. Kackamee, do you live in Charlotte, NC b/c thats where I live so maybe we could get together to brawl . . .

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Thanks guys. I guess I get there at 5:30ish. Kackamee, do you live in Charlotte, NC b/c thats where I live so maybe we could get together to brawl . . .
Yeppers, and kewl, I'm always looking for a good brawl :D

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Well today is the day. I hope the turnout is everything I've come to expect after watching this thread. I think we will have some "new" genuine competition tonight.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well today is the day. I hope the turnout is everything I've come to expect after watching this thread. I think we will have some "new" genuine competition tonight.
GL everyone. And I really hope to see alot of people for me to destroy :@ Nah, jk jk.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Soo... I finllay found the thread, xD (JMan aka: Sonic main)

So.. are we trying for a doubles pot as well, 15 total cost isn't too bad honestly, i think i can scrape that much up, xD

Also, are we going to have to pick our partners when we get there? i didn't fair too bad in doubles but me and my partner never so much as played a match together b4 today, and he killed me every match save one, and took my lifes as well, :p

Can we like... semi-register here and get partners?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Srry for double post
Kack, Devin, Adam, Brandon, ect, all are good players too and if we can organize doubles a bit more and make a pot, it'd be good

I.E: swithing between partners week to week maybe, change it up a bit? idk bout that tho

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Soo... I finllay found the thread, xD (JMan aka: Sonic main)

So.. are we trying for a doubles pot as well, 15 total cost isn't too bad honestly, i think i can scrape that much up, xD

Also, are we going to have to pick our partners when we get there? i didn't fair too bad in doubles but me and my partner never so much as played a match together b4 today, and he killed me every match save one, and took my lifes as well, :p

Can we like... semi-register here and get partners?
:p sorry about that. Yeah, I'd like some cash doubles. I'm still alittle dissapointed that I got like 7th-9th place. Stupid broken Metaknight >.>

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
It was good about 20+ people showed up :D
BTW Devin, when will the vids be up?
EDIT: Sorry I left early everyone for some reason my dad picked me up early.
I'm not sure if I'll be going next week anymore, getting 8th place or w/e messed up my plans :/

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You got 7th / Tie with me.

I do hope more people show up next time. The turnout was quite decent.

Winners:
1) Sushi-Man ($56)
2) ARS ($16)
3) NEO ($8)

All in all, a pretty light pot, but still respectable for a first cash tourney. That being said, I am unsure about continuing doubles, as it was a bit underwhelming, all things considered. I suppose I'll decide next time depending on entrant opinion.

Lareit

Smash Ace

Winners:
1) Sushi-Man ($56)
2) ARS ($16)
3) NEO ($8)

All in all, a pretty light pot, but still respectable for a first cash tourney. That being said, I am unsure about continuing doubles, as it was a bit underwhelming, all things considered. I suppose I'll decide next time depending on entrant opinion.
A light pot, for a light entry fee.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well i did enjoy doubles and it is a good warm up no matter how u look at it, im far too used to online matches and its really affected my timing with sonic. I cant fast fall to Bair for anything anymore and that is probably one of his most needed techs... sighz :/

Where are the results at? idk what did i place in the tourney, i left a bit earlY (my fiancee was sleeping in the car in the parking lot for an hr cause she didn't want to come in.... she is so against gaming she'd resort to that, lol. I had to make her come in, 2 weeks straight now she refuses to go with me...)

When the vids are out, PM me so i could kno with a link plz, and if we have a decent turnout this week, we should talk of raising it to 10 entry fee, especially if were doing "fun doubles" as 15 doesn't seem too steep

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Sorry, I don't have the full results in front of me, they're all on the GEC computer. I'll be sure to post them as soon as possible, though.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Winners:
1) Sushi-Man ($56)
2) ARS ($16)
3) NEO ($8)

I propose you make singles 8$ for the pot, and keep doubles at 10$ (5$ each) Oh and use tv's that are spaced out cause it was crowded :/

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Thanx for posting some of the vids Devin, but omg... did u have to post my pwnt ROB matches first, xD

B4 those, i had two matches vs (Xoa) up, right when i began to play sonic, but there wifi and laggy (lol, the kirby match was over 7 mins... didn't kno it was recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z_kUafDJo8&feature=related
And a decent MK match, but again, didn't kno he was recording, and i was pretty sure i was gonna get *****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KsHdOf_Go&feature=user

Basically, i think i have a pretty good sonic, and i would love some more even matches show, so your recording was a blessing devin, xD

But i agree with payton, 8 makes the pot that much sweeter without as big a hurt on the ol' wallet, and doubles should be 10 per pair. although at 8, you may as well make it an even 10

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
8 dollars would be good. Are you guys planning on adopting the backroom rules?
link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5097738#post5097738
Those rules sound quite solid, I would not be opposed to adopting them. Some of the stage selections seem a bit on the iffy side, but those can be adjusted with little difficulty.

As for the money issue: 5$ was just a simple first time entrant fee. As I have said, I can and will alter the entry fee based on entrant opinion. $10 sounds like it would be a majority decision, and that is perfectly fine with me.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
The only problem with raising the pot is that we can't do it until the week after the next--08/28/08. A lot of the people who come to the next tournament may not check the boards and therefore won't be aware of the cash difference, so we'll announce it after next week's tourney. However, it won't be $8, as Crio said, $10 will be the cost.

Also, we'll be taking a vote as to whether or not we should hold doubles. For some reason, people didn't seem to want to pay for doubles. Out of the twenty or so we had come, only about five were willing to pay, while the rest were indifferent/didn't want to. So, if you want us to do doubles next week, bring your cash and raise your hand! If not, then we'll be doing strictly singles from now on.

As far as the rule set goes, until further notice we will be going by the one in the OP.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Let it be noted that in true random fashion, my second recorded match is played as Pit.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
The only problem with raising the pot is that we can't do it until the week after the next--08/28/08. A lot of the people who come to the next tournament may not check the boards and therefore won't be aware of the cash difference, so we'll announce it after next week's tourney. However, it won't be $8, as Crio said, $10 will be the cost.

Also, we'll be taking a vote as to whether or not we should hold doubles. For some reason, people didn't seem to want to pay for doubles. Out of the twenty or so we had come, only about five were willing to pay, while the rest were indifferent/didn't want to. So, if you want us to do doubles next week, bring your cash and raise your hand! If not, then we'll be doing strictly singles from now on.

As far as the rule set goes, until further notice we will be going by the one in the OP.
Notice how most of the people who didn't want to pay were the n00b (excuse the language :/) kids

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Notice how most of the people who didn't want to pay were the n00b (excuse the language :/) kids
Yeah, but there were also some of us older people who didn't want to pay. I can understand some of the younger crowd, because, like I said, they might not check the boards, but the older people knew it was pay to play.

If people bring the cash to do doubles next week, we will, however, if there are still stubborn people who don't want to pay, then they just won't play.

Top Bottom