• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Slowdown

Luwafer

Smash Cadet
I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million times already, but I can only find information on input lag, which, while important, isn't what I'm looking for.

I was wondering whether it was normal for my game to have random spurts of slowdown. That is to say, the framerate will suddenly dip, becoming extremely choppy, and everything will move in practically slow-motion for maybe two seconds before resuming at normal speed. This usually happens when a particularly explosive moves happens or on the flashier stages for no apparent reason.

I just bought my copy of Melee used about a month ago, so I don't know if my game is somehow damaged, or this is perfectly normal.

Thanks!

Beats

Smash Cadet
I know that 4 player matches on Fountain of Dreams will lag, which is why it's banned in doubles. But that's caused by the reflection off the water. I guess try to play with less clutter.

Luwafer

Smash Cadet
The lag is happening during one on one matches on pretty much all of the tournament-approved stages. Hm...

Sensei

Smash Lord
That will happen on certain stages like FoD of Mute City when playing with four players. Too much memory for the system to handle when many things are going on at once.

Top Bottom